April 27, 2024, 02:56:17 AM

Author Topic: Let mi say it from now! Lazie proud  (Read 11528 times)

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
LAST RAID!!
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2006, 08:02:09 PM »
We made a good showing in the last two games unfortunately we lost the one on today but we kept England on their heels most of the game. The ref was an China Englishman because he was ridiculous with those bad calls and cards! He need to go and sell fried cat in a corner store or chinse food!  The bock stops here with this last one to go... this game is what will leave an everlasting mark in everyone memory of us in this world cup... a win!! If anyone will agree with me after the game people  were a Lil disappointed etc...Trina blame the coach or who ever but we know that the Boyz played with everything they had! WE played the first game and draw... we played the second and we lost...we shall play our last and go out with ah blast! Hopefully the game plan is changed or tweaked a lil to attack more than defend! We have not really showed our attacking style of play so I hope Latas could make an appearance along with Samuel on the wing  with the Cornell Glenn all one the pitch at the same time! WE have had the Shield up to long time to drop the shied and attack!This is the "LAST RAID"
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
Re: LAST RAID!!
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2006, 08:04:37 PM »
 :wavetowel: dais me waving meh flag for d elast game...big up weh!! :beermug:
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
Re: LAST RAID!!
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2006, 08:06:23 PM »
wow this getting real dramatic... i loving this really plenty... i like the lil Last Raid thing... nice touch... t&t going out on tuesday as the real warriors of this tournament... the real fighters of the game

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Applause for our Warriors...They have made us Proud!!
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2006, 08:08:33 PM »
very well done fellars u represented us like thru heros, this is just the start, we just keep gettin better as the games progress ( the final score today didn`t do justice to us, any fair minded person would say that), tuesday iz up next, step on the stage and stamp your names and more importantly TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO in the records books.

the world has seen how good our defence iz, now it`s time to show them that we r just as good at attackin and scorin,

eh pplĀ  this wc really make ppl do some strange this yu know, even de pipers up by me was watchin de game by a man, and it have one since i small i never see de man look clean, today i see de man properly shaved, and lookin well trimmed, and all in redĀ  ;D ;D ;D.Ā 

no matter de results u guys have done us well,Ā  :'( ;D ;D ;D ;D

u sure u eh talking bout yuhself? them smilies yuh put dey making meh thinkĀ  ;D :rotfl:Ā 

jus kicksinĀ  ;D
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: The results of Beenhakker's strategy: R-E-S-P-E-C-T
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2006, 08:09:16 PM »
This is by far the best  objective game  report thus far in my reading today:

from CBC.ca

England ekes out World Cup win
15/06/2006 7:18:36 PM 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CBC Sports

Star forward Wayne Rooney made his World Cup debut in Germany on Thursday but it was Peter Crouch who saved England against Trinidad and Tobago, and sent his country through to the second round.

Peter Crouch of England rises to score the winning goal against Trinidad and Tobago Thursday at the World Cup.
(Ben Radford/Getty Images) 
Crouch scored a header off a David Beckham cross in the 83rd minute to lift England to a hard fought 2-0 victory in a Group B game in Nuremberg.

Steven Gerrard added a second goal in injury time for England who secured a spot in the round of 16.

Trinidad, nicknamed the Soca Warriors, nearly pulled off its second consecutive shocker at the tournament - it held Sweden to a goalless draw in its opener - but Crouch made sure England earned three points.

With a population of 1.3 million, Trinidad and Tobago is the smallest nation at the 32-team tournament. The Caribbean nation is ranked no. 47 in the current FIFA world rankings, 37 places below England.

"It would be fair to say that you haven't seen the best of us yet, but we put ourselves in a good position. We know we can play better," Beckham said.

Broke a bone in his foot

Rooney was cleared by doctors to play after missing England's 1-0 opening win over Paraguay.

The 20-year-old Manchester United forward broke a bone in his right foot on April 29 playing against Chelsea. He had been training with the England squad since early June.

An uninspired England that lacked urgency and intensity strolled through the first half. Though they dominated possession with some fine individual displays, the English side lacked cohesion and invention in the offensive zone.

England came close to scoring early when Frank Lampard ripped a shot on goal that Trinidad goalkeeper Shaka Hislop could not handle, but England forward Michael Owen was unable control the rebound which bounced off his knee and wide.

Crouch had the best scoring chance just before the end of the half. David Beckham played a perfect cross from the right into the middle where Crouch was alone, but the Liverpool forward volleyed his shot embarrassingly wide of the net.

Rooney replaced Owen

England nearly paid for that dreadful miss when Trinidad threatened a minute later off a corner kick but England defender John Terry made a great goal-line clearance.

England looked just as complacent early in the second half, forcing coach Sven Goran Eriksson to make a major move in the 58th minute when he replaced an ineffective Michael Owen with Rooney and substituted defender Jamie Carragher with winger Aaron Lennon.

With Rooney on the field and an extra player in midfield, England showed signs of life for the first time in the contest, as its attack became a bit more direct and purposeful.

Lampard has a handful of shots on net, but none of them really troubled the Trinidad goalkeeper.

Trinidad appeared to have earned the draw but Beckham played a perfect pass deep into the box and Crouch out jumped defender Brent Sancho to head the ball home and save England from a major embarrassment.

"People expected us to walk through this game," Beckham said. "We knew they were going to play 11 men behind the ball. They made it hard for us all game. We knew if we kept to our game plan that we'd break them down."

England's next game is against Sweden in Cologne next Tuesday, while Trinidad faces Paraguay in Kaiserslautern.

IMPACT PLAYERS

England: Peter Crouch - His goal allowed England to earn three points when it looked certain it would have to settle for a draw.

Trinidad and Tobago: Shaka Hislop - Trinidad's goalkeeper wasn't really tested but he did make a few saves.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
LAST RAID!!
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2006, 08:34:54 PM »
Alyuh come in thee chat room nah! Leh we talk abou this thing live!  :beermug:
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline SuperMario

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Well done lads........
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2006, 02:53:27 AM »
I haven't come on to patronise you.

You didn't deserve to lose yesterday, Yes England wern't great but no credit has been given from our arrogant self serving press to the wonderful tatical job your lot did on england.

You looked far more at ease than against sweddish team and never looked like losing till late on well done.

I will say this Crocuh's goal was a foul and sancho should have protested and finally I still hope you go through But I worry Erikkson will roll over and die for the sweedish team.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: Well done lads........
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2006, 02:57:48 AM »
That is a big up statement; Oh yes the coach must have ome sympathy fuh he HOMELAND. Oh look yuh see it could be ah European conspiracy!!!!!!

Offline Corbie chile

• meh mudda an faddah chile...
  • Jr. Warrior
  • i love being me....
    • View Profile
Re: Well done lads........
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2006, 03:08:27 AM »
i am soooooooooooooooooo proud to stand up and represent Trinidad & Tobago in London today. fantastic job last night guys!!!!!!!! thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
who vex loss

1]; } ?>