April 19, 2024, 04:54:31 PM

Author Topic: why glen should NOT START  (Read 2115 times)

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
why glen should NOT START
« on: June 16, 2006, 12:18:05 PM »
i hearing everbody saying oh let glen start and such........GRANTED HE HAS PLAYED HISSELF AMONGST THE BEST PEROFRMERS FOR US AT THE WORLD CUP THUS FAR.....BUT understand the tactical decisions beenie doing...so far in every game we were expected to take a schlaking.....and we have faced up against two teams with EXCEPTIONAL if nto some of the worlds best defenders.....beenie decision to start jons n john was simple..ferdinand and terry are two BIG MEN and we needed to BIG men to tire them out......tire them out and then bring in a workhorse who runs at people aka GLENN....its caled taking advatnage in the right time....look at erickson ....he brought on rooney and lennon to run at us right as he saw we start to let up .......beenie couldnt afford to bring on another attacker we had to still play behind the ball . Now after watching that game and hearing the comments.....all i can do as a TRINI IS PRAY WE BUST LICKS IN PARAGUAY ASS BOUT 3 GOALS.....AND HOPE THAT ENGLAND BEAT SWEEDEN AT LEAST BY 2......THIS WAY WE CAN STILL QUALIFY.......DATS A BEST CASE SCENARIO

reality -LETS AT LEAST SCORE A GOAL.....we can be credible in the world cup but we have to make a mark other than the first red card.(not all avery fault)

AND REMEBER WE WERENT SUPOSED TO HAVE A CHANCE AT EVEN OPTIMISM OF MAKING TI THROUGH TO THE NEXT ROUND.....AT LEAST WE ARE DOING MUCH BETER THAN THE YANKS

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: why glen should NOT START
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 01:05:56 PM »

the title of the thread is misleading and should perhaps read, 'Why Stern has consistently started' or 'Breakdown of Beenie's Tactics', but I find double's points are valid. Glenn has been brought on in the late stages of both games to run at a tiring defence. It is a sub sub  tactic if u like that term, employed even also by England in  bringing on lennon who ran at a very tired cyd gray.

And he's also right when men have been fighting down beenie's defensive tactics. But these tactics have kept us in two games that were never supposed to have a chance in !!  I am very positive we will have a more attacking structure and will score for the paraguay game. Game plan is on target and yes i think beenie has a game plan.

FLi out (Live from Germany)
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline sweets

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 01:07:10 PM »
that is so stupid, glen needs to start, to get the game going and to get some goals in the first half :o

Offline whistler91

• Full Warrior
  • Love, Respect, Honor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 01:10:35 PM »
that is so stupid, glen needs to start, to get the game going and to get some goals in the first half :o
??? ??? ???

I guess you totally ignored the posts before yours.....
“There is no force like success, and that is why the individual makes all effort to surround himself throughout life with the evidence of it; as of the individual, so should it be of the nation.”

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 01:20:46 PM »
??? ??? ???

I guess you totally ignored the posts before yours.....

perfect example of someone just looking at a thread title and posting, without even reading through the thread.  :-\
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 01:32:03 PM »
D750 if you didn't post this, I woulda post it b4, but just too busy.

Glenn shouldn't start for the reason you stated.

It should be noted that when Glenn has come on as a sub he has STARRED...and that includes the qualifiers however, when he has started he has been less impressive.

Ppl forget also that Theobald was amazing in his debut as a sub running the flanks he had some amazing speed and he and Glenn had the Americans bazodee. He COMPREHENSIVELY showed in the qualifiers that he was decent as a sub but unproductive when starting.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 01:44:46 PM »
Glenn is only affective when running at tired defences...he doesnt posess the most ball control in the world..not at least as much as john or jones....talk done

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 07:10:09 PM »
Glenn is only affective when running at tired defences...he doesnt posess the most ball control in the world..not at least as much as john or jones....talk done

like when glen was younger he take yuh gyal or something ???..yuh forever talking out yuh ass regarding de fellar....and it's not just this thread everytime his name pops up in a thread...u're 1st to start babbling...give it ah rest bredda...

#8..President Of Glen For Goals Committee

Offline saintsman

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2006, 07:31:33 AM »
beenie making a mistake  not starting glen but it his his mistake to make, stern should still be on the field, K. Jones is the one to bench. Glen has got the speed to support Stern when he has control of the ball. All in All we holding our own in the World Cup so I good when we make it next time we have to go there to win. Oh yeah we need a wise and latapy sighting if we really looking to win the next game.

1]; } ?>