April 26, 2024, 02:17:29 PM

Author Topic: Paging Shaka Hislop  (Read 2526 times)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Paging Shaka Hislop
« on: June 08, 2005, 08:08:42 PM »
We need a new GK.  Kelvin Jack made crucial mistakes on Mexico's both goals.  I hape that Williams and Hislop get a try in our next practice matches. I dont with Jack

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
Re: Paging Shaka Hislop
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 08:45:41 PM »
Deep down inside ah cah dog Jack.  He did not have a great game and we needed a great all round game from all aras to come out of Mexico with any sort of points.  Defensive lapses we paid the price for.  Also Jack's position in the team was as a result of "Inclusion by Ommision."

I applaud the effort but peeved at the goals,
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 05:53:34 AM »
I've never played as a GK and don't like it,but i'm always symphatetic to a GK because they are the ones that save our butts when ever we play shit and when you do well outside players get all the credit,it's easy to blame a GK because he is the last line of defence,i don't care how good my GK is i have a policy of telling my defence there job is no balls must go to the Keeper.
    The thing is these guys are trying their best and we have to give them credit for what they are doing,as a player i can tell you the hardest games to play is at home,it's a lot of pressure before,during and after the game it never goes away,the press the public what they think or how they feel,some players over a period of time might be able to deal with it but some may never,i've been there i can tell you i used to be nervous before every game,these guys need someone to talk to them (sychologist or something).
      I have not seen any of the games that's why i don't comment on any of them but i read your reports which i think is very good,i think players are starting to be scared of us,we can be critical but don't bring them down,one of the things i read regularly is we always start shakey it's because we are scared, no confidence in ourselves,it's always a uphill battle to beat somebody,it does not matter who play us they always confident they can beat us,we always have to prove ourselves.   

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 07:58:21 AM »
Jack is the best Goalie we have...bottom line....
'Paging Shaka Hislop' ? Shaka wasn't just paged, he was called up...he is out of contract and have to take care of business, unless he wife is/was he agent, and she say she leaving him, he had a right to be in T&T pre-Panama...doh talk bout past service, that is only something to build on for now, and encourage our future...English season done, Shaka wasn't even gettin ah fair play......Birchall came, went back and sign contract, and come back again....Even past miserable Yorke came, went quitety quite Sydney, and come back...Somebody make ah jail for Shaka or wha....is not the 1 st time...anytime ah little adversity go down with Shaks, something more important than country comes up.....nobody ent asking or telling no T&T national to come an train for some months or years an den go Baghdad and fight for Manning, or Panday not even to go and dead for they family, is just to come for a few days, practice and play A GAME for your country...Wha so friggin hard in dat...we does make out athletes to be dese big tings, paying 1/2 million to represent yuh country? or else? I knew plenty men, in T&T and in Canada would pay to represent they country, plenty ah allyuh does pay for plenty less, jus to go home and remind yuhself yuh from T&T once in a while is a sacrifice and a priveledge. we need 5-6 more Birchall mothers ,
cause wha we real own does give we an we does take 'The career choices not suitable' and all kinda bs excuses ! puurrllleeezz..an 60 man bawlin, yeah man, dah man kool, he not so.....either dem 60 man doh really know deyself, or dem man change up on dem..

So how the avg. guy making out boy? All ah allyuh(we), who doh have pro contract, and big brain, or connections, or agents, and have children, and sick family, and no or little job, and no degree, an living in Lavetille or lil Burgundy, an still using candle to read, if dey could read etc..etc......might as well jump in the Caroni or St Lawrence river or wha?
Me, I had enuff of the Prima Donna tantada....Jack is meh goalie, if 15 fallout he hand, ah going with he, and if he orf or hurt, ah going with  Williams, who jump up and run when he get call, onetime....an not blasting Shaka, ah blasting the attitudes,walls and pedistals that we build....man cyar take people respect and admiration, an use it as a tool against dem own people...when we teach we youth dem lessons, wha yuh expect dem to do?

Well done Warriors, upset as I am with the lorse, allyuh represent. More work. more work...keep doing wha allyuh doing..an Stern doh be waving yuh hand an pointin when the coach talkin to yuh, yuh should only be listening an learning, if yuh frustrated, den take ah side, leh somebody else do the do.. ...

"yuh call dat a knife, dis is ah knife"

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 08:04:28 AM »

I eh understand the double standards people does have.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2005, 08:08:22 AM »
can't blame jack sure the youth give it he best.
is a team effort and  if the keeper a lil weak then step up the defensive effort close men down, play tight, allow no room etc. do whatever is necessary.

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2005, 08:12:48 AM »
What makes him weak?

he did an excellent job, and cannot be  blamed for any of the goals..look elsewhere

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2005, 08:16:19 AM »
STAND CORRECTED TRUETRINI-e is a good keeper
regardless of who in goal there we need to to do the correct things defensively

Offline Liburd

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2005, 08:21:04 AM »
OK OK.  I'm a new comer on the Trini fan scene.  I don't know the history, but I do know football.   Your goalie sucked.  Period.  I'd be weary of apointing him to a club team never mind national.  This is the big leagues people.  You don't give people chances to prove themselves on the pitch.  He should have been cut from the team and left to suffer in Mexico.  His Trini passport should be revoked.  My poor girlfriend had to watch me loose my cool watching this guy make numerous bad judgements IN THE FIRST HALF.  It was so obvious. 

Now, experience says that you can't always blame the goalkeeper because he is only one man and does not control the defense.  But, gosh darn it, sometimes its deserved!  Your GK cost you the game.   Go home, scour your clubs and find another, quick. The rest of your team is improving by leaps and bounds.  Had your goalie know how to kick more accurately, you would have had much better counter attacks... like at least 1.  >:(  He let his team down and I don't think Beenieman is gonna let that stand anyway.  So you guys better start looking.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2005, 08:22:58 AM by Liburd »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2005, 08:26:23 AM »
I didn't see the Mexico game but didn't the same Shaka Hislop man callin for let een de sorfest of goals against Guatemala when a man MISKICK from bout 15 yards OUTSIDE DE AREA, ball practically dribble to Shaka and he dive over de ball and it score?

Allyuh good wee.  Real selective in allyuh memories.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2005, 08:28:29 AM »
Allyuh good wee.  Real selective in allyuh memories.

True true.
Selective when it coming to judging who committed to the team too.

Offline Liburd

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2005, 08:29:13 AM »
And before any of you come out and start defending him.   Watch a video of the first half.  his touches were just embarrassing.  He's punch weak volleys rather than gobbling them up.  He's standing up and dropping balls to his feet for service with multiple defender withing 10 meters of him.  He's lazily falling on balls while lookign downfield. He's holding balls when he has strikers streakign fownfield like American NFL recievers begging for the big pass.

1]; } ?>