April 18, 2024, 12:18:55 PM

Author Topic: UNFORTUNATE LOSS!  (Read 4727 times)

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
UNFORTUNATE LOSS!
« on: June 08, 2005, 08:15:59 PM »
I am saying it now and I don't know how everyone feels, we did not play a bad game at all, Mexico had to work very hard to crack us. Our keeper let us down sorry to say. WE NEED SHAKA OR INCE.

We got two very simple goals, plus Borgetti was offside when the cross came in. Jack should have however stopped the cross which went through his hands.

I was upset by Jack's poor judgement off the line, evident in the first half when he ran out to the left and could not get to the player in time, leaving us open in the goal.

We also still have to work on transitioning out of the midfield to the forwards, when we did we gave the Mexicans some anxious moments, but we held up the ball a little too long allowing the Mexicans to fall back and cover on  the 18 yard box. We still as well need more options up front, or an attacking midfielder to feed the forwards.

I am upset but I feel we still can see this team through. Heads up and let's keep pressing on!!!!!
Get SHAKA BACK!!!!!
Go Warriors!!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 08:21:26 PM by grskywalker »

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: UNFORTUNATE LOSS!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 08:21:12 PM »
Breads, yuh cyar blame de game on de keeper, Jack had a good game.  He had no chance on de first goal and barely any on the 2nd.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 08:22:31 PM »
Breads, yuh cyar blame de game on de keeper, Jack had a good game.  He had no chance on de first goal and barely any on the 2nd.

What game did u watch ???, it could of been 3-0 if Avery John did save a goal

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 08:22:48 PM »
Let's not kill the keeper just yet.  Yes, he made some really poor mistakes.  Bottom line is that the team is playing well enough to get to Germany.  

I was hopeful for points in Mexico but realistically, I wasn't expecting any.  Therefore, what did we lose?

Keep the team together, Beenie go work he magic and I'll see yuh in Germany....

With that said, what a gutsy performance by the skipper.  I tell yuh what, Yorke playing harder than I have seen him play in 5 years.

Arimian to meh heart

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 08:24:24 PM »
I hear yuh but the man had butter in he gloves. that second shot was not hit hard the ball went right under him, not deflected not wide nor curving.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 08:25:50 PM »
I agree.  The second goal was pathetic.  On this level you have to make those saves.  But, he is what he is.  I like Beenieman we cyar beg nobody to play.  So if Shaka and Ince playing social...we going down with who we have.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 08:33:33 PM »
Lets be realistic beating Mexico in Mexico is a huge task. Concentrate on the potential games we can get points in, focus on winning the home games and we in de mix. Simple
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2005, 08:39:49 PM »
So if Shaka and Ince playing social...we going down with who we have.

I do believe that Ince is injured, if he has back problems then another injury could end his career. Shaka is currently trying to secure a contract after being let go from Portsmouth and admittedly did not secure a new contract as the season was coming to an end  believing they would keep him another year.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 08:46:03 PM by grskywalker »

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2005, 08:45:59 PM »
I like both Shaka and Ince.  As a matter of fact I know both of them personally.  However, now is not the time to address "personal matters", when we trying to qualify for the WC.  Deal with that afterwards.

As for Shaka, I personally don't feel he is coming back..(looking for a contract or not).

Arimian to meh heart

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2005, 08:47:06 PM »
Two SIMPLE goal due largely to keeper's poorish judgement..

As i left WAVE tonight, with my cousin, our heads both hung low. We had out game snuffed ot from us by two very Simplistic goals..Goals that could have been saved..

However, we played like champions, and we lost like champions.. but to me, whats for certain, is that we ARE going to Germany..!!!! That loss is a Non factor.. Though we could have drawn.!!

Based on what i observed tonight, We need to really get back ince or Shaka.. YORKE, played like a champ AGAIN, Edwards did not have the game I was hopin he would have had, and birchall defended the middle like normal, all in all, Though i am dissapointed, I am also glad to see we really held our own against the Mexicant's.

I think our progress is one where we CAN definitely BEAT the other teams in the HEX.. We will travell to USA and Beat them in thier own turff, and dish up the rest of the field.. And in our last game vs Mexico in the Stadium, it will be our PAYBACK.!!

Keep your heads high team.. I will be watching you in germany come next year.!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2005, 08:49:41 PM »
Let's not kill the keeper just yet.  Yes, he made some really poor mistakes.  Bottom line is that the team is playing well enough to get to Germany.  

I was hopeful for points in Mexico but realistically, I wasn't expecting any.  Therefore, what did we lose?

Keep the team together, Beenie go work he magic and I'll see yuh in Germany....

I agree with yuh points.  Wise men do hail from de East.   ;D
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2005, 09:09:23 PM »
We loss to Mexico yes, but I still believe we have come a long way in a short space of time. The focus now is on the games ahead...

USA is not going to be easy, they gone crazy on Panama leading them in Panama 3-0 at the half. But under de new system and de trini fan support I believe we have a greater chance to beat them or at least tie.

Well Guatemal in Trini is straight out bay back!

Costa Rica at Costa Rica might be a tuffy, but again under the new system I believe we can pull off a win.

Panama might be a wounded dog, and may be out for revenge for Trini changing dey luck. But I still see us coming out of there with a win.

Finally, Mex in Trini... Well I hope we learn from our mistakes from today's game. Our keeper should be Hislop or Ince on this one. 

Have faith people, we still have a good chance of qualifying for Germany! Next..."Cut Ass In Connecticut!"
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2005, 09:34:53 PM »
we didnt play bad  but we couldve taken a pt from mexico if we hustled more and made a few adjustments..frustrating.
Hart for president

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2005, 09:48:18 PM »
We lost a point due to two goal keeping errors

We shoulda draw that game 0-0

We held our own for parts of the first half and had Mexico on the back foot.

Birchall and Rahim had the only two TT shots on Goal.

I find Stern shoulda hustle more, they had some 1/2 chances that with a lil more effort a toe poke mighta do some damage.

Man of the Match........drumroll....Avery John. That man play like a champion

He save one orf the line and the first goal score when he was off the field.

I still find the cross should not have come in the midfielder I think it was Carlos or Rahim shoulda prevent the cross but Jack completely let it slip from his hands. It pass straight tru.

The second goal was a mistake too and that could hurt our goal difference. The 1-0 woulda be respectable. Besides it is always difficult playing In Mexico but we showed we were competitive.

I glad the foreign based and all those who see the game notice the IMPROVEMENT this side make in such a short space of time.

You see how we was defending properly now, having a compact wall and breaking down plays.There was also cover from crosses and tru balls. We were solid in the middle and back. Its two soft goal we give up.

It shoulda be 0-0. Jack 4cup, but the other team members shoulda prevent it from happening in the first place.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Lower St. John

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2005, 09:54:43 PM »
Man of the Match........drumroll....Avery John. That man play like a champion

He save one orf the line and the first goal score when he was off the field.

I still find the cross should not have come in the midfielder I think it was Carlos or Rahim shoulda prevent the cross but Jack completely let it slip from his hands. It pass straight tru.

Thaks for clearing up where Avery was during the first goal.  Since I found it strange that when the cross came over only Carlos was on the right side to meet the forward (I actually thought he misjudged it in the air and did not close on the forward fast enough). All night the midfielders supported the wing backs well so Avery being off the field was unfortunate.

Ah still cah dog Jack for the goals though but I could accept others frustration with is performance (Inclusion by Ommision).

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2005, 09:58:56 PM »

Dat cross shoulda never reach de Mexican player. Carlos jes watch de ball come over he head instead of butting it out. Even so, de shot was simple (no pace, no swerve), it should have been easily gathered up by Jack.

De second goal also did not require any heroics to save.

Dis is one of de advantages dat de US have. Even when dey defense lapse, Keller does bail dem out.

In general yuh could see dat Jack rusty. He was slow to drop tuh de ground. De one handed save dat he make on de line was more complicated dan it needed tuh be. It was because he reacted slowly.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2005, 10:01:37 PM »
a very good game by d warriors . i blame dat fuggin assistant ref for calling dat offside goal. dat just break d fellas confidence an concentration. we coulda hold dem out to a nil- nil draw.

defense was good , real tight , maybe too tight. d defenders wasnt gettin a chance to pass d ball cuz every body squeeze up in one spot.

im not a jack fan but he did well for d first half.he need to stop punching out d ball when he have a better chance of holding it an keepin possession.avery john had an excellent game, so did yorke.

our only downfall was playin too defensive and not movin forward.we play like we scared of mexico.WHO DE FUGG IS MEXICO!!!. we need to stop being so intimidated by mexico an usa. we cud make dem teams look like monsterrat team.

65 whole minutes of play and mexico were nil. dat is a reall good improvement to me.WELL DONE WARRIORS.

bless!!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2005, 11:02:27 PM »
a very good game by d warriors . i blame dat fuggin assistant ref for calling dat offside goal

our only downfall was playin too defensive and not movin forward.we play like we scared of mexico.

true about the 2nd part and the hesitancy, but what offsides goal are you talking about
Hart for president

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2005, 03:21:55 AM »
Hi,

Don't worry and blow up the strenghts of the other contesters.
So you lost to Mexico, it took them long to make the goal and that is a big plus.
Further you have a very good coach that I saw work already once in Madrid and also Ajax suffered big time when he choice to resign as technical director since he wanted to leave Holland.

The man is very eager to get you all to Germany and will put in all the hours available, we all saw in Holland what trainer Guus Hiddink did for South Korea. Trust me I saw an interview on Dutch TV of 'Don Leo' just before your match to Mexico and he said some interesting things, but above all he wants to get you up to 2006 very bad.

He said.

1 The training is a lot tougher (more aggressive and explosive) than it used to be, he understand that isn't easy when you get 32 degrees at 8 am in the morning but it has to happened.

2 Yorke said ' He demands respect and discipline' and that is good.

3 He took 2 assistants from Holland since time is not on his side, then it's a plus they talk and think the same way as him.

Anyway this man sleeps, drinks and lives for football and probably stays in the Hotel closes to the pitch.

Further what you need is real team working, just like Holland finally has this year with 'van Basten'.
It's not the stars that will make you win but the team.
Here 'van Basten' took out all the players with a attitude cause you really don't need them boosters.
Further absolutely nobody is 'sure' of a spot or how long he gets to play whatever name they have, beside perhaps our keeper.

Don Leo will be the same; he will draw his own plan and stick to it.
I hope you get to Germany and that you will have some good plans also for test matches, perhaps against some mentally strong countries like South Korea or Japan? It's a pity the distances are always an issue.

GO Warriors! sure l will come and see you
Tomás

p.s I really think T&T you CAN make it to Germany !
Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline Lower St. John

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2005, 05:28:33 AM »

Don't worry and blow up the strenghts of the other contesters.
So you lost to Mexico, it took them long to make the goal and that is a big plus.
_________________________________________________________________________________

3 He took 2 assistants from Holland since time is not on his side, then it's a plus they talk and think the same way as him.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Further absolutely nobody is 'sure' of a spot or how long he gets to play whatever name they have, beside perhaps our keeper.
___________________________________________________________________________________

p.s I really think T&T you CAN make it to Germany !

Thanks for the support.  Good points.

Last night was not the greatest because we lost, but I like what I saw noting that Beenie Man had the team for less than two months to both evaluate players and prepare for the next game.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2005, 06:00:45 AM »
Who say Avery John was "man of the match"..What game were you looking at.  He gave the attackers way way too much space my friend.  Also he is always on the damn ground.  Good players know you stay on your feet and you can't be out of the play.  Plust the guy looked tired towards the end.

I will say this with T&T for this first time in many many years (maybe ever), I am not worried about air balls.  The defense is doing a very solid job of winning balls in the air.  Except for a few poor clearances, we doing good.

Arimian to meh heart

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2005, 06:10:55 AM »
a very good game by d warriors . i blame dat fuggin assistant ref for calling dat offside goal

our only downfall was playin too defensive and not movin forward.we play like we scared of mexico.

true about the 2nd part and the hesitancy, but what offsides goal are you talking about

Yea, all the goals were legal Goals.. There were no offsides. The Officials too me did a pretty decent Job for the game.. Although Dennis get away with a serious shirt pulling in the 18yd box, lol..
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2005, 06:13:00 AM »
Who say Avery John was "man of the match"..What game were you looking at.  He gave the attackers way way too much space my friend.  Also he is always on the damn ground.  Good players know you stay on your feet and you can't be out of the play.  Plust the guy looked tired towards the end.

I will say this with T&T for this first time in many many years (maybe ever), I am not worried about air balls.  The defense is doing a very solid job of winning balls in the air.  Except for a few poor clearances, we doing good.

he saved a goal when the entire central defence was missing in action, had several clearances whem medina broke through on the right (theobald was of no help on the left side of midfield).  Did u notice that mexico started most of their attacks on their right side.  Also everybody was tired.  jack was blowing heavy after 20 minutes (he kich out the ball twice)...after that andrews had to kick out the ball....avery ran 90 mins hard he must be tired..he is not clark kent

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2005, 06:14:15 AM »

he saved a goal when the entire central defence was missing in action, had several clearances whem medina broke through on the right (theobald was of no help on the left side of midfield).  Did u notice that mexico started most of their attacks on their right side.  Also everybody was tired.  jack was blowing heavy after 20 minutes (he kich out the ball twice)...after that andrews had to kick out the ball....avery ran 90 mins hard he must be tired..he is not clark kent

yeah lawrence would have given away a penalty if he was caught.  he hold on to that man like it was his newlywed wife.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2005, 06:57:04 AM by Tallman »

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2005, 06:49:53 AM »
Nice name St John from 'Don Leo' in Madrid & Mehico to 'Beenie Man' in POS T&T   ;D

ALL people in T&T Get that stadium full for all the next matches !!!

we both have momentum, T&T and Holland we both have a very good change to make it to Germany.
It's not just a feeling ,it's that difficult thing that's hard to explain but somehow you know it is going right. If everyone keeps it cool, improves & gives it 100% and mr Yorke stays humble why not ?
Give your players confident and a change to grow.
LEt them enjoy themselves and have fun and go see a training some times.
MAke them feel that futball does matter in T&T and it is not only Cricket that matters.

He, but why quoting me ?
The last quote was about current dutch coach 'Marco v. Basten' not Beenie Man
here some better quotes: ( from J. Cruijf)

My forwards only have to run 15 meters, unless they're stupid or sleeping...

Every trainer talks about movement, about running a lot. I say don't run so much. Football is a game you play with your brains. You have to be in the right place at the right moment, not too early, not too late.

I think people should be able to play in all different positions on the field...That's why it is so important everyone listens when you have a tactical conversation. The left winger can't go to sleep when Michels talks about the right-back.

the difference between making it and not making it is so small... it's about vision and other things.

Problems are obviously there to be solved.
Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

1]; } ?>