April 27, 2024, 11:36:37 PM

Author Topic: I dear forumities....please do!  (Read 6338 times)

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
I dear forumities....please do!
« on: June 16, 2006, 09:37:31 PM »
Guys, please show your disgust towards the statements of Eric Wynalda that Brent foul (that was not called) was self inflicted because he had dred. His exact words, "don't come to the world cup with dreds."  ::)

ESPN e-mail link

This is mines: -

"Eric Wynalda, I am not surprised that you said that Sancho called the foul upon himself because he have dred locks. That is an very ignorant and bias statement. If that was an American player that got fouled, that would have been a never ending topic on ESPN and in the newspaper nation wide. But I understand your bitterness; you were part of the worst US team in 1998 and it hurts to see Trinidad doing well and USA having a poor showing. Hopefully, you can be a man and admit that it was a foul."

Guys, please keep it clean, mature but hurtful.  :beermug:

Kingman

« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 09:50:21 PM by kingman »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline BlazinTrini

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: I dear forumities....please do!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 09:43:37 PM »
He said that on TV?....if so I would complain to the higher ups at ESPN...that is then blatant discrimination

Offline guerrier rouge

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 09:46:37 PM »
 :beermug: :beermug: who the bloody f  :beermug: k is wynalsa is he bald from the arse up. :beermug:

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 09:50:55 PM »
Guys, please show your disgust towards the statements of Eric Wynalda that Brent foul (that was not called) was self inflicted because he had dred. His exact words, "don't come to the world cup without dreds."  ::)

ESPN e-mail link

"Eric Wynalda, I am not surprised that you said that Sancho called the foul upon himself because he have dred locks. That is an very ignorant and bias statement. If that was an American player that got fouled, that would have been a never ending topic on ESPN and in the newspaper nation wide. But I understand your bitterness; you were part of the worst US team in 1998 and it hurts to see Trinidad doing well and USA having a poor showing. Hopefully, you can be a man and admit that it was a foul."

Kingman

Kingman when you edit this I will delete.

Done MR WESTCOAST!! Thanks! Cheers!  :beermug:

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline trinikid

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 10:17:33 PM »
Yeah kingman i heard him say it on espn them just know how to hate dread that why he is where he is sit down behind a chair doh study dem fellas

Offline Trininho

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 10:45:13 PM »
Done.  My complaint:

"I was appalled by Mr. Wynalda's comment that Trinidadian Brent Sancho should "not come to the World Cup with dreds".  Dreadlocks are an expression of deep religious or spiritual convictions, or a display of ethnic pride.  Maybe Mr. Wynalda made the comment in jest or in ignorance, but either way, I believe a public, on-air apology should be made to Brent Sancho, the people of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, and all dreadlock-wearing people worldwide.  Mr. Wynalda has his chance on June 20."

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006, 12:57:12 AM »
I like this thread I post too earlier today when he said...idiots....
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2006, 01:15:40 AM »
Tell me something. Wynalda wasn't on the same team with Cobi Jones?  ???
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2006, 04:56:26 AM »
Yes Cobi who has had dreads for as long as I have known him, is a former UCLA Bruin and a personal friend of mine.  Wynalda is a T-NUC to even say that.  Typical "I have nothing intelligent to say on air so let me say something which sounds cheeky but is in fact ignorant and racist.

Welcome to US broadcasting.  That is why I making sure I on US airwaves from now on, to counteract that kind of lunacy.  NO dreds in the world cup.. WHAT's next, no Africans?
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2006, 05:02:39 AM »
Yes Cobi who has had dreads for as long as I have known him, is a former UCLA Bruin and a personal friend of mine.  Wynalda is a T-NUC to even say that.  Typical "I have nothing intelligent to say on air so let me say something which sounds cheeky but is in fact ignorant and racist.

Welcome to US broadcasting.  That is why I making sure I on US airwaves from now on, to counteract that kind of lunacy.  NO dreds in the world cup.. WHAT's next, no Africans?
Have you sent an Email or questioned the man himself?

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2006, 06:15:01 AM »
 I am writing to complain about the blantant ignorant and unprofessional manner in which Mrs. Julie Foudy and Mr. Eric Wynalda covered the report of T&T versus England game. Miss Foudy openly condoned  that the hair pulling of Brent Sancho by Peter Crouch. Which I thought was very distasteful and a horrific disgrace for a Women's Soccer Icon such as herself.I want to know how well she would jump against someone with her hair being pulled by someone who already has a height advantage on her.

I send them something small...I wonder if they will respond...

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2006, 06:43:16 AM »
yeah mi sen out to.. Man a rasta mi nuh innah dem disrespecting man religious believes.. Rasta alwauys getting fight dung .. I had to cut my locks of just to get a Job dats how screwed up this world is . ... \
f**k this ediat bwoy Wynalda ...
warmonga..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2006, 07:53:05 AM »
does an anyone possible have some video archive of this? i didnt see it but i wanna see it so i could email them and complain..this kinda US assness should not be condoned at all

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2006, 08:10:41 AM »
we should also demand an on-screen apology and threaten to make a big deal of it if he doesnt..i'm drafting up a letter right now and i'll show you guys what i have in a short while

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2006, 08:14:35 AM »
yeah i added that to a post yesterday as soon as i heard it, i still cyah believe he said it, ah was telling some friends-caucasians-in a sweat yesterday and they couldn't believe it either...ato nailed it with his take on the incident.....i wonder what de idiot would have said if it had happened to a juan pablo sorin or a puyol, anyway de ref might ah call it because dem fellahs from "big" teams...
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2006, 08:26:58 AM »
Thats was bias for Wynalda to say but honestly, men with dreads should tie up they hair properly, because in de end, a ref may not see when yuh get foul and your team lost in de process, and I am not talking about tie-ing it up in a blasted pony tail, I mean tie it up so it dont affect your play by leaving it lose for others to pull on, whether its dreads or just long blond hair, tie up de blasted thing...

Tell Wynalda that faking Coby Jones have dreads to.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 08:30:06 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2006, 11:11:55 AM »
I've send mine but sorry kingsman I had to sure dem how stupid he is.Ah man who use to cry to the referee everytime someone touched him,making a STUPID stateman like dat.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 07:35:25 PM by royal »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2006, 12:08:55 PM »
This is my complaint:

It's funny that your network can quickly seek to quell the comment by a US Player using the word "war" to describe a game, but allow your commentator - Eric Wynalda - to ridicule Brent Sancho for having dreadlocks. His statement was ignorant, unprofessional and very demeaning. Was he not part of the USA Team in 1998 when Cobi Jones had dreadlocks? How uncouth. In Trinidad and Tobago we embrace everyone, we celebrate our diffences, cause it makes us who we are. That's a red card violation.

Where is everyone on this?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline essexgirl22

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2006, 01:07:34 PM »
ERIC whats his name is not worth replying to........ should not have dred indeed
  People is is AMERICAN ...... need I say more :devil: :devil:

Offline browneyed warrior

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2006, 10:34:09 PM »
Hey Kingman ..... i sent my email to ESPN ...... sorry i had to remind him that the year is 2006 and also that his comment is not only ignorant but racist  >:(

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2006, 07:24:39 AM »
i for one am heartened to see this response from the forumites.. I had already sent my letter to the network last week stating my disgust at the statement.!

oconnorg

GO WARRIORS
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2006, 07:56:08 AM »
THIS IS MINE.
It continues; the complaints that is and will continue until there is an on air apology from eric wynalda. His comment that Brent Sancho brought a foul upon himself was unprofessional to say the least. a comment like that would suggest he never touched a  soccer ball in his life.I wonder how Cobi Jones feels hearing that statement. If i misunderstood a clarification would be just as effective as an apology. I wonder if its just dreds or if all long hair Mr wynalda finds inappropriate for sports?

SORRY ABOUT THE SACRASTIC TONE BUT I EH CUSS. ABSOLOUTE RIDICULOUS. HSI COMMENTS..AND I IMPLORE EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THIS FORUM TO SEND AN EMAIL BEFORE TUESDAY. I WISH I COULD HEAR SOME PPL LIKE JACK WARNER say something. that may quicker effect some reponse or ackknowledgement. at any rate i think that instead of all de ole talk and arguing this is somehtign positive we can do for football  in general. especially sine i RECENTLY I SAW A HUGE EXPOSE ON RACISIM ON SOCCER IN EUROPE BY..GUESS WHO AN AMERICAN STATION.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2006, 08:38:09 AM »
well someone email jack warner at the email kandi give we nah

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2006, 08:58:51 AM »
Guys, please show your disgust towards the statements of Eric Wynalda that Brent foul (that was not called) was self inflicted because he had dred. His exact words, "don't come to the world cup with dreds."  ::)

ESPN e-mail link

Kingman

hoss im sure ure a big man
but what kinda English is dat man?!?
steups
 :rotfl:

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2006, 09:56:15 AM »
Wynalda made a life for himself in being an arogant backside. Its useless writing to ESPN about him but I could understand how you feel. Its just another example of extreme American bias. Crouch can pull Sancho's hair and actually use the man to pivot into the air and a few crazy American tackles should not be punished. That's Wynalda for you. If the yanks watch those replays objectively they will see that the cards were in line with what all the referees have been doing. As I said in another thread if the yanks have problem its not with that referee its with FIFA's new mandates.

1]; } ?>