March 29, 2024, 03:22:36 AM

Author Topic: Latapy is de missing link but de white fella real hustle...  (Read 4704 times)

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
I eh see a player give 110% like dat new fella in a long time, respect to him.  If we get Latas or another quality midfielder, we will qualify.  The journey now start, I predict we will make it, we have the talent, we need some confidence, the defense played better than I have seen in a while, forward playing too far up front, at least one should come back, John too phu*uing slow, not reading Yorke plays, and the midfield need one more good player.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy is de missing link but de white fella real hustle...
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 08:24:38 PM »
I agree that Lata would make a big difference "offensively".  Face the facts Latas is a defensive liability.  But he would be on the field for offense anyway.

At the end of the day, the man say he not playing so leh we focus on who we have.  I say, Stern need to watch yes.  His workrate is awful compared to the other players on the team.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 08:32:12 PM »
Well who can we replace him with he is our best striker by far arimaman
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 08:43:10 PM »
Stern is we best striker based on what?  Past performance?  I agree he should play, however, we need to mix it up.  Also if one is ineffective, I could care less who he is, take his a.. off.  Try someone else.  I think the one guy that I would like to see come back into the rotation is Cornell Glenn.  One reason...."speed".... 

Remember speed kills...see Damarcus Beasley and Landon Donovan.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 09:07:09 PM »
Stern is we best striker based on what?  Past performance?  I agree he should play, however, we need to mix it up.  Also if one is ineffective, I could care less who he is, take his a.. off.  Try someone else.  I think the one guy that I would like to see come back into the rotation is Cornell Glenn.  One reason...."speed".... 

Remember speed kills...see Damarcus Beasley and Landon Donovan.

I agree...we need to mix it up.  Stern is still important to the team despite the recent performances (scored in 3 of last 4 games) but we lacked penetrative player up front or creative player in midfield against mexico.  So Glen might be helpful to our cause.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 09:19:24 PM »
Well me eh know bout de whiteboy as yet...my verdict still out on he...he seem competent enough, but in attack, his style seems contrary to trini...not bad, but a littlt out of sinc with the other players...but that was only tonight and everything else seems good...... As for latapy, the only way he could come back in this side is as a forward.....NOT MIDFIELD!!!
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 09:30:28 PM »
As wonderful a player as Latapy is...Him taking us to the World Cup is not for sure....What is for sure is that he unwilling to come back and He NEVER took us to the World Cup. So we cyah say he missing.

Keep in mind is Mexico we just play. A top 10 team we give hell in they own back yard. This team is beginning to click. And we have enough time between now and the next game (WCQ) to get things right.

Beenie is a Brain...no doubt.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2005, 09:36:22 PM »
Another option to Stern is Jones don't sleep on this fella.  I have been impressed with him since the one time I saw him live playing against an old man Brazil team.  He has a higher work rate, very physical and has the ability to play in the middle third of the field and come forward.

Is only my opinion but it is really hard to criticize the midfield knowing that we were in a defensive mindset from the first whistle.  The plan almost work to perfection with both Carlos and Theobold supporting the wing backs.

The White boy play good but I eh go lie based on the posts I read I was expecting much more.  His passing and dead ball (corners) play was poor (plain talk bad manners) at times during the game.  But by the way the boy fight, yuh would swear that he know the national anthem, grow up picking mango and pitching marble in the savannah after school and just longing to wear the red, white and black. ;D  He has my support with such an effort.  Stern could take a page out of his book on work rate (and effort to a point).
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2005, 08:54:26 AM »
I doh understand how alyuh bad talking the stern man so. He is we best striker as far as goals and probably the hardest worker on field the most heart(in my opinion) and no one that likely to deliver a goal better that he. The man probably had a bad year; so what, he still scoring and check the stats nobody score more goal than he for the last 12 months even in his slump. So give the man a #%&%# break. One ah all yuh tell me; who score more than stern 'bount to score' john . The man like ah Lara in mind set, he is ah winner. When nobody scoring for we he standing up to the table and putting in he two cents. Last year against mexico when we get we a.s. . wipe who score the one goal for we. And many others ah trying to remember. When Dwight, shaka everybody fraid to mek the trip back for ah match who always flucking dey...........Stern, de man is class and nobody right to this day show more comitment than he.Always every game the man right dey even when in my opinion he sometimes could stay in england and leave the ungrateful ttff a.s.s dem, he right dey,even when it detrimental to he place on the team at coventry. So alyuh gih de man ah blasted breeze and leh him play he ball fuh oui eh. We chances ah going to germany slim already and without 'bount to score" it looking ah lilttle more glim. Ppl talking about all kind ah possible scorers to replace him but none has done no consistent soring and others not even score ah goal for record. Stern is class ppl so give de man ah break and lih we just try to uplift we boys.     
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2005, 09:01:02 AM »
Like allyuh get Buff dey dred.!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2005, 09:02:57 AM »
Obviously nobody else scoring for T&T because Stern playing 90 minutes EVERY match and all the focus is on getting the ball to Stern, even the 2nd striker Dwight or Jones does look to create for him.  Stern never create no goal for nobody else or even for himself, he just puts away the chances - but now he is doing that with much less regularity than before.  
How can anybody else prove their worth if they can't get any playing time?

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2005, 09:05:21 AM »
Latapy already tell we to hull we mooma! I was/am a big Latas fan, but he's made it clear that he's in it for himself this rongs - $$ and possible future head coach job.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2005, 09:07:31 AM »
We need to forget about Latas.  However, we do need a player who can take on defenders.  The only other option I can think of is Dwarika.  Leo is all about discipline so I don't know how Dwarika will fit in that mix.  Can anybody think of other options besides latapy and dwarika?

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2005, 09:25:34 AM »
arrow de man does do we good service bruddah he jus running ah bad patch. LIke lara he go run tings fuh we again dred. He put de ball in de net on saturday ah ting so he still worth he place. Look all dem other man get dey lil play an ting and dey cyar bring the goods when it really matter. No other player could really take it to opposition like he. Only Dwight. And leh we doh talk bout he alright dred.   
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2005, 09:41:18 AM »
Latapy is de real general but he done with oui so leh we jus look forward. If dem boys qualify look and see how go have ah chnge ah heart eh. Latas if you pass through this sight lih mih tell you dred..........you dissapoint me and ting but ah see you looking for the future right now so hold de flag over europe for de trinbago ppl.Like lara you prove you class; Golden. We will always remember you for the joy you bring to we heart.Dat back pass to kerry in 89 in el salvador and in port of spain. The  rocket of ah shot in 2000 against mexico. 'The lilttle magician', 'The general' . Sorry ah went ah lil nostalgic for the moment.  New ting , we looking to Germany.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2005, 11:54:01 AM »
TenTrini, here wah really goin on.  I agree Latas ain't coming back people.  With all respect to Latas...we moving on

I eh really saying bad things about Stern but what I will say is this, when a man is not performing he does sit.  He does regain his confidence, touch, scoring and so forths in practice.  I believe in playing the hot hand. 

Well, not exactly because we eh really have not hot hand eh :)

But even though Stern is our most consistent striker, take a look at the game last night and you will see that his workrate  was poor (contrary to your opinion) compared to other members of the team.

If he not working, we have talented enough players to give a look.  How yuh think Stern geh he chance, somebody eh do dey wok!!  So if he eh go work hard, take he ass off man!! 

Arimian to meh heart

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2005, 11:57:12 AM »
Nobody here is more of a latapy fan than me but OH FU*K MAN!! ENOUGH WIT DE LATAPY TALK

WE HAVE 25 PLAYERS WILLING TO GIVE THEIR ALL FOR TNT, SO MOVE ON FROM ALL THIS LATAS SH*T

LETS FOCUS ON DE GUYS WE HAVE AND RALLY BEHIND DE TEAM!!!!!!!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2005, 12:06:20 PM »
Nuff said, Andre.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2005, 12:08:12 PM »
best advice
BRING BACK LATAPY NOW

just joking trouble forget latas it over done

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2005, 12:10:55 PM »
bring leonson jb dexter francis
keeper -so bring carter and brow
another man to throw away goal so bring philbert to play with he nephew(tha 1 in the oval was the worst i ever see in meh life)
if latas me must have kerry so he could save we in the last minute again.
who else ron la
lobo

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2005, 12:11:16 PM »
FootballKing ....you is a real idiot :)
Arimian to meh heart

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2005, 12:13:06 PM »
Ah hear yuh arimaman I agree with you an ting . But 'bount to score' still playing next game fuh we.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2005, 12:25:17 PM »
TenTrini.  I don't disagree that Stern shouldn't play.  I'm saying based on a game to game situation, performance must count.  If yuh eh doin nothin, come to ass off.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2005, 01:56:30 PM »

Stern conditioning seems real poor and it shows on the field.
I doh understand how these players doh take care of themselves.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2005, 02:03:06 PM »
Forget Latapy. Give it a rest already
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2005, 08:02:13 PM »
BRING BACK DWARIKA THEN!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2005, 08:05:52 PM »
Allyuh start singing That  old childern song

My bonnie lies over the ocean my bonnie lies over the sea oh bring back oh bring back!!!!!!

Now let's get a taste of reality; Given this current campaign and current team, let's work with those players who will make a differance. If man eh want tuh play, why force the isssue End of Story.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2005, 05:48:37 AM »
BRING BACK DWARIKA THEN!

U obviously eh know nutten!! you still basking in the glory of dwarika's heyday and i will tell u again, he is not the same player!!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2005, 07:31:34 AM »
BRING BACK DWARIKA THEN!

Dwarika eh want to play no dam football. When it go get in allyuh head Dwarika eh have no discipline to go along with his potential talent. Why we begging people to represent the Nation. Go with those who WANT TO PLAY
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>