April 28, 2024, 09:33:03 PM

Author Topic: Nuff Respect  (Read 2197 times)

Offline Reggaegirl

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Nuff Respect
« on: June 18, 2006, 09:59:01 AM »
(I wrote this after Thursday's game & emailed it to your webmaster; he said to post it here; never did this chat thing before, but here goes ... PS - it long but mi heart was full ...)

Nuff Respect, Soca Warriors!
Today’s powerful performance was a fitting encore to Saturday’s football-world stunner.   You have carved out for yourselves a place in football history:  in years to come, people will still be talking about that memorable year 2006 in Germany when the unknown team of Soca Warriors from Trinidad & Tobago (a country many had not even heard of before) silenced the mighty Europeans, made them tremble in their cleats and watch in bewilderment as you trampled all over their swagger.

Ah proud o’ you so till …
The last time I felt the kind of pride I felt today, coupled with gratitude towards my Caribbean brethren, was eight long years ago:  1998 - I stood in that stadium in Lens looking down at our Reggae Boyz decked out in their black, green & gold, tears of pride streaming down my face.  I was moved not only by their accomplishment in getting to France, but by the awesomely comforting presence of  scores of equally proud, loud Trinis decked out in their red jerseys who had trekked to France across the Channel to demonstrate their solidarity, to rally round the West Indies and support our Boyz.

Cheers!
Thanks for bringing those great memories back in such a dramatic way.  Thanks for making Caribbean people everywhere burst with pride as we watched our Warriors hold off the Colonial Dragons today for over 80 breathtaking minutes. 

Only a set ah Trinis could defy reason so, turn reality on its head by converting a draw into a victory and a loss into a triumph.

Wish I were there feting down the place as I’m sure you all are (Paraguay next week notwithstanding).

One love from one of your biggest fans –
Reggae Girl
6/15/06

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
Re: Nuff Respect
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 10:14:06 AM »
thanks for the support
cheers  :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 10:59:03 AM »
Thanks  Reggae girl, hopefully we could move further into the second rounds come Tuesday!!

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 10:59:55 AM »
Thanks ! You represented us (Caribbean) in '98, now we represent us in'06.Let's hope we both can represent us in 2010.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 11:22:03 AM »
Thanks for the love Reggaegyrl :-* :-* :devil:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 11:59:48 AM »
AH ALWAYS LIKE THEM REGGAE GYULS; 'ROUGH WINE'

Very nice comments and thanks on behalf of TNT fans.

Offline Source

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 02:05:29 PM »
Thanks for your support of the Soca Warriors. It is good to know that our performance has not only affected Trinidad and Tobago but the entire Caribbean region.

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 02:29:12 PM »
thanks,we going all the way

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 04:10:05 PM »
a nice read from ah jamaican sistren. :applause: :chilling:
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline in dey pwefen!

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2006, 07:14:24 PM »
Thanks very much babe. Thanks very very much. I sensed that emotion in your post. That is the best I've read from any other 'foreign' supporter. I totally appreciate your love and take to heart your blessings and good wishes for the team. It is a Caribbean thing in a kinda way. Thanks.

1]; } ?>