March 28, 2024, 05:38:45 PM

Author Topic: My view on the England game.  (Read 13720 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
My view on the England game.
« on: June 16, 2006, 05:34:53 AM »
Fellas, England was good as DEATH !!!!!!! we lapse, we had them to beat, we lost concentration a bit and made some errors in the back and it cost us, I cant believe how well our team is playing against big teams. Costa Rica and USA (soon to be) is eliminated and just us and Mexico have to represent concacaf. Eric Walnalda and Judy Fouldy was very bias and made some terrible remarks about T&T before the England game, they was predicting England beat us 3-0 and 4-0 and other bull, people like them does make me hate the USA team.

Now we need England to win bad bad (1-0 over Sweden), and we must hope to beat Paraguay (2-0) as they are now out and they might be playing to upset us, so we have to be careful, they will not want to go home embarrass. England have to win because they will not want to face Germany in the next rounds, they will prefer play Equador.

Beenhakker - We love you coach, you have we team playing good ball, but you does suprise we sometimes, you keep putting faith in Theobald and to make matters worst he cannot play on the left, he is a one position player by now you should know that, he cannot play no other place on the field except center. We try him plenty there in the qualifiers and NOTHING !!!!! Why did you wait so long to make subs ? is not like England was killing us with attack and besides the 2 men you putting on will do better than the one you taking out.

Hislop - I never liked until now, he has earned my respect.

Gray - Real worked hard and helped us a lot. Got beat a few times but recovered well, still need to work on his crazy tackles though.

Lawrence - A boss, however, defensive errors. Dennis Lawrence should get blame for the Crouch goal. His job was to man mark Crouch which he did for most of the game until Crouch scored.

Sancho - A heart of a lion. He may sign with Arsenal after the world cup. No way Andrews getting back his place now...

Edwards - Not a good game as he did with Sweden, but still did ok.

Yorke - He is just class, I still like him more in an attacking role, but he doing a good job as a defensive midfielder.

Theobald - Cant understand how this man make the final 23, should have been subbed at half time for Samuel.

Birchall - Piss Poor !! he should have been subbed, from the time he say he will not celebrate if he score against England I would have never play him.... we played with 10-men yesterday.

Whitley - I really expected more from him, poor game and didn't mark his man to good in the second half end as Gerrard scored. Did not bring his normal flair.

Jones - I want to believe he started because he can help defensive and he is strong, but no way he should start in front of Glen vs Paraguay. Jones is over-rated.

John - Well, he did want he normally do, poach, but I know he can score once he gets the ball.

Glen - A must, he really step up his game, he can make things happen. He will shine against European teams because they dont know him and his pace and dribbling skills is great.

The Referee - In both of our games so far the calls was mostly against us, Jack need to have some serious talk with them...

This should have been the subs yesterday...

Glen for Jones 46th.
Samuel for Theobald 46th.
Latapy or Wise for Birchall 65th.

My line -up for Paraguay.

Hislop
Gray, Sancho, Lawrence, Avery
Edwards, Yorke, Whitley, Samuel
John, Glen.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 07:22:06 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: My view on the England game.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 05:42:41 AM »
just saying man...I swear Shaka get yellows verses Sweden and England fuh timewasting...dosent that mean he cannot play against Paraguay?

BBC and ITV pudits was saying Birchall play real well...I thought he just had and very average game. It least his Mum and Dad look genuinely disappointed with the result when they interview them on the Beeb. I was angry too with his comment about if he score on England. Not a good choice of words but give the man credit he looked as dissapointed as his mother and father post game.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 05:46:49 AM »
Hislop did not get any yellow vs Sweden, neither did Gray.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 05:59:43 AM »
Theo played ok in the position but he is not the best option  He will get better in time
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 08:53:33 AM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 06:03:03 AM »
Agree with Sam- Glen has to start and I thought that Latapy should have replaced Bleeder. I guess that with A draw in mind an attacking force was not in Leo's mind

Offline marcel

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 06:08:28 AM »
beenhakker just on dutch radio
he was broken by the losing game against england
the game lasted 7 minutes too long
but on the other side he was very happy that it was a real match
he sounded proud
but he was sad
before the wc he never believed that t&t could make it difficult against england.
but confidence grew
and the team played great

imagine what happens after the wc
when t&t has to play the qualification again
against ´small´teams
see how much t&t has learnt
they are way way way better
the whole concacaf is going to become better because of what you guys did
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
grrrrreat!

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 06:10:31 AM »

Yorke - He is just class, I still like him more in an attacking role, but he doing a good good as a defensice midfielder.
I wouldn't describe Yorke as a defensive midfielder. I'd rather describe his role as a deep lying organiser/playmaker.
Live large and prosper!

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
We handle we stories in the World Cup I real proud
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 07:00:12 AM »
I think our goal going in as a team was to give we self a chance to make the second rounds and that is basically where we are.

We have a good defensive foundation now
It is very ugly football but our guys are holding their position nicely and we have good defensive tactics

England deserve to win the game in the end if nothing else but based on their possesion.
They had like 65 % of posssesion.

The Crouch Goal was a good goal no fould there Sanch did not even try to play the ball and he in fact was pushing Crouch.

The second goal was a result of tired legs and not picking up men early enough and it was a real good shot.

On the flip side

We forced England into many saving tackles which could have resulted in goals.

The fact that we still in with a chance is testiment to a Marvelous performance so far.

We need a Victory in the last game so Bennie will have to start more offensive

I expect Latapy and Glen to Start with Scotland being introduced off the Bench at some point.

I also think if Jack recovered we should Start Him

If Dog Recovered we should Start Him (Mainly because he has an eye for Goal on the corners)

Paraguay will be a real tough Battling game but it will be our best game

Because the Jitters is Gone Confidence is High and Men like Yorke and Latas going into this game Know it could be thier last we going in here with Full Force, And leaving it on the field.

My Player of the tournament so far is Cyd Grey

That Mad Man is model for St Ann's inmates all over the world, he should be the spokesman!

As Robbie did say

"Attack With Full Force"

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2006, 07:07:45 AM »
Nice round up Sam.

Its not over !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline guerrier rouge

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2006, 07:59:59 AM »
I think Theobald should stay out of the next game ,the referee was biased he probably prefer europeans,the japs were a wrong chioce for this game.
so does the announcers for rogers ca.
birchall played good ,not his best performance ;he was in awe of his idols like beckham,gerrard, rooney ,that slowed him down, he hesitated for .5 secs too much so did most of the midfielders .your strikers played too defensively .crouch was never marked properly( il faut que tu degage le ballon mes amis) rule no 1 don,t kick the ball back into your midfield. better to throw in sometimes ;too many long balls by shaka , if you guys know beckham gerrard and crouch were the  main threat they should have been marked properly again,to be competitive an a winning team shorten the passes like argentina more ball skills .why was not Latapy used.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2006, 08:00:29 AM »
Theobald held his own but Wise or Colin Samuel should have been on the left. Brichie was fighting very hard and helped to break up a number of England's passes so don't know why all yuh so hard on him.

Still feel Latas should have gotten a run as an attacking midfielder in the second half with Yorke in a defensive role

TrinInfinite

well de vibe in de game was good but could have been better our section right behind the goal post was too damn quiet, then jahyouth come wit he stern john garbage, bout how we cant sit him down bullshit, schupsssss, other than dat out of timing talk, hes a cool fellah, but say wha, stern john right now is a waste of time but now he will score against para, juss like i indicated, but he shouldnt have started any of the 2 games. The team played very well, beenhakker made a tactical error bc tallest was switched to the left, thats why crouch scored the goal, but it was really a yellow card and the goal in all fairness should have been disallowed, tt didnt get any calls dis game, which was also unfair but dats how de world cup is, unfair calls towards the smaller teams, which should be clamped down on in the next world cup, by far the english believe and germans and many others we are better than mexico but could be more offensive bc we played too defensive, it was good but we could have attacked and not sit back and defended, as patriot pointed out 2 me which i agreed wit was beenhakker should have used his 3rd sub in the game and stern should have come off for samuel, wise was brought on too late in the game and jones should have never come off, sven out coached beenhakker at the last 10 mins of the game which made de difference in whether we won or loss, but say wha i told everyone here weCOULD BEAT ENGLAND AND PEOPLE LAUGHED AND TELL MEH OFF; ALLYUH MUST B HOLDING YOUR TONGUES NOW; BC EVEN DE ENGLISH FANS SAID WE COULD BEAT ENGLAND; SMALL TING; PARA is we next game and we must win by at least 2 goals 2 advance, yorke is gone, given a deserved yellow but he shouldnt have gotten de 1st yellow against sweden, real shit if u ask me, de officiating was atrocious

players who stood out:

cyd grey is a boss, very good defdner, he lift he game

sancho is a boss, he filled de void in the defense, has speed and power

yorke is world class and can still play in the permier league for another 2-3 years

whitley is world class also- he can start for any team in the premiership

jones- he blossoming real nice, future talent

glenn- england couldnt handle him, he should have started instead of stern

edwards- definately will be playing in the permiership

samuel- wish he played, he would have done well, he has also lifted his game to new heights

theobald- needs to improve and has but should be coming off the bench

wise- havent seen him yet, needs more time on the pitch

tallest- has come leaps and bounds, should be playing in championship or the premier league after how well he has improved

stern john- disappointing to say de least, should be coming off the bench, is not 1st team material for this team at de moment

birchall- is good but can improve, hes a hustler but needs to improve on his runs and also passing, his passing is terrible and has to be lifted to make it in the higher levels of football

vibes it up

TrinInfinite

We Are the Kings of the Caribbean, JA would collect a 4-0 from we...
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2006, 08:53:17 AM »
Our team at present would give JA a 4-0 right now, no one in de history of JA football could compare or is the calibre of yorke, our team is far better than than any ja team ever in their history of football, our team has already produced better results than ja to date, WE ARE THE KINGS OF THE CARIBBEAN WITHOUT A DOUBT, england and germany and all other nations has hailed us the pride and joy of the caribbean, we are the kings, JA have no talk to we, we will win the last game and advance to the next round, which ja has not done, ja has never drawn or played as good as we have against teams like sweden and england, neither will dey ever have talk to us, its time dey realize and acknowledge we run tings, not dem and accept we are more talented and skillful players than ja. next time we meet dey gettin at least 2-0 in the OFFICE, mark my words.

vibes it up

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Trininfinite, sometimes I believe you should just stick to making music...

D beat was real good though, if I forget to tell yuh...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2006, 08:57:29 AM »
FIFA has Shaka with one Yellow, but I swear I saw the ref give Shaka a yellow for time wasting against Sweden.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/player/180648_HISLOP_Shaka.html
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
TI, you ain't easy  ;D :rotfl: Respect boss  :beermug:

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
not necessary to bring another team into the mix. We had a respectful performance, losing in the end. No need to bring een JA into any conversation.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
well de vibe in de game was good but could have been better our section right behind the goal post was too damn quiet, then jahyouth come wit he stern john garbage, bout how we cant sit him down bullshit, schupsssss, other than dat out of timing talk, hes a cool fellah, but say wha, stern john right now is a waste of time but now he will score against para, juss like i indicated, but he shouldnt have started any of the 2 games. The team played very well, beenhakker made a tactical error bc tallest was switched to the left, thats why crouch scored the goal, but it was really a yellow card and the goal in all fairness should have been disallowed, tt didnt get any calls dis game, which was also unfair but dats how de world cup is, unfair calls towards the smaller teams, which should be clamped down on in the next world cup, by far the english believe and germans and many others we are better than mexico but could be more offensive bc we played too defensive, it was good but we could have attacked and not sit back and defended, as patriot pointed out 2 me which i agreed wit was beenhakker should have used his 3rd sub in the game and stern should have come off for samuel, wise was brought on too late in the game and jones should have never come off, sven out coached beenhakker at the last 10 mins of the game which made de difference in whether we won or loss, but say wha i told everyone here weCOULD BEAT ENGLAND AND PEOPLE LAUGHED AND TELL MEH OFF; ALLYUH MUST B HOLDING YOUR TONGUES NOW; BC EVEN DE ENGLISH FANS SAID WE COULD BEAT ENGLAND; SMALL TING; PARA is we next game and we must win by at least 2 goals 2 advance, yorke is gone, given a deserved yellow but he shouldnt have gotten de 1st yellow against sweden, real shit if u ask me, de officiating was atrocious

players who stood out:

yorke is world class and can still play in the permier league for another 2-3 years

samuel- wish he played, he would have done well, he has also lifted his game to new heights

tallest- has come leaps and bounds, should be playing in championship or the premier league after how well he has improved

stern john- disappointing to say de least, should be coming off the bench, is not 1st team material for this team at de moment

birchall- is good but can improve, hes a hustler but needs to improve on his runs and also passing, his passing is terrible and has to be lifted to make it in the higher levels of football

vibes it up

boy me ent know why u is talk so much shit sometimes yes lol
we played decently for bout halfway through the 2nd half
ah did tell you that we going and get outcoached when yuh see Lennon come on and then Downing a few minutes afterwards..then fellas come on to pull we defence out wide with their dribbling and pace..Rooney was just a distraction.
Wise shoulda come on as soon as Lennon come on..that way Beckham woulda had to be a lil more defensive.
Subbing Jones was the right move cause he was burnt out...if allyuh couldntve seen that..ill lend yuh meh glasses next time lol.
Theobold out of his depth period...and none ah them fellas ready for Premiership football either.
we fight but fighting spirit alone ent going to get results all the time.
what the coash coulda probably done was go 4-5-1..and leave Glen up front and wide by himself.
when ah see Lennon lay the ball back to beckham..ah whisper to meh wife that is it coming now..we had bout 3 seconds to get we defenders to line up properly and get goalside..and time for Shaka to decide whether to go or come..even though Sancho get fouled..he was ball watching and get caught out of position..Shaka shoulda noticed that.
anyway game done and the team gave a decent performance..so allyuh dont take me on too much alright.

Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2006, 09:56:54 AM »
 In the last 10 mins of the game we needed to keep possesion of the ball to effectively "kill-off" the game.The introduction of latapy with his experience and ball control would have aided our cause.But say wha... hind sight is always 20\20.

Let's go Warriors!!!

Offline guerrier rouge

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Sexz IM Ze Netz 6 Fur Argentin
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2006, 10:04:54 AM »
I see the Soca Warriors playing in the next rounds Guys ,They fought the last game like true warriors it has not ended 5:1 against The Paraguayan,s.
go warriors!!!

Offline killadrilla

• Jr. Warrior
  • King Thierry
    • View Profile
Re: Sexz IM Ze Netz 6 Fur Argentin
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2006, 10:07:55 AM »
nah boy 5-0 against paraguay! and rooney hat-trick against sweden!

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
If we get tru
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2006, 10:09:57 AM »
we will  be playing Germany...if they beat Ecuador on Tuesday

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2006, 10:32:47 AM »
They rob we hands down!  ::)
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline thane

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2006, 10:39:06 AM »
everybody is a F***ing coach......jones overrated my ass...

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2006, 10:58:48 AM »
One of the things I am realizing with these announcers is that apart from being piss poor atrocious those who have played the game act as if they've never played it. I can understand they saying that in theory the better team on paper is supposed to win but they fail to realize that all the teams are there to play their best. As explayers they should realize that a lot of heart and some skill goes a long way.

Offline sweets

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2006, 01:13:49 PM »
i agree with trininfinte especially about stern. good fight warriors ???

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2006, 03:18:34 PM »
what a pressure we would hav given england if Dog was not injured and John did not get a red card that meanwe will have carlos in the middle which would have made us stronger. ??? ??? but Sh%t happens. any thoughts?
All American

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg

players who stood out:

vibes it up

Just by yuh comments bout Stern John show you eh have an idea bout football is ah pity yuh waste yuh time typing so much bullsh!t ....you must ah been sitting behind the royal 'goal' nut de one in Germany .
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg

players who stood out:

vibes it up

boy me ent know why u is talk so much shit sometimes yes lol
we played decently for bout halfway through the 2nd half
ah did tell you that we going and get outcoached when yuh see Lennon come on and then Downing a few minutes afterwards..then fellas come on to pull we defence out wide with their dribbling and pace..Rooney was just a distraction.
Wise shoulda come on as soon as Lennon come on..that way Beckham woulda had to be a lil more defensive.
Subbing Jones was the right move cause he was burnt out...if allyuh couldntve seen that..ill lend yuh meh glasses next time lol.
Theobold out of his depth period...and none ah them fellas ready for Premiership football either.
we fight but fighting spirit alone ent going to get results all the time.
what the coash coulda probably done was go 4-5-1..and leave Glen up front and wide by himself.
when ah see Lennon lay the ball back to beckham..ah whisper to meh wife that is it coming now..we had bout 3 seconds to get we defenders to line up properly and get goalside..and time for Shaka to decide whether to go or come..even though Sancho get fouled..he was ball watching and get caught out of position..Shaka shoulda noticed that.
anyway game done and the team gave a decent performance..so allyuh dont take me on too much alright.

'....when ah see Lennon lay back the ball to beckham ..ah wisper to meh wife that is it comming now'
....this sounds to me like yuh was just waiting anxiously for England tuh score... Feliziano ,who you was backing boss ?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 07:34:55 PM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Viperist

• New Warrior
  • Live by the Gunners Die by the Gunners!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2006, 07:28:20 PM »
hahaha!!!! good one berris  i feel he was on the side line with beenie!!
By de Viperist!!

1]; } ?>