June 04, 2024, 01:26:11 PM

Poll

He hasnt scored as yet when we needed it.....

no-should be benched
5 (25%)
yes-should be benched
15 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: July 02, 2006, 10:23:25 AM

Author Topic: Is Stern John ah liability at Present?  (Read 5437 times)

TrinInfinite

Is Stern John ah liability at Present?
« on: June 17, 2006, 10:23:25 AM »
is he a liability, i know jahyouth and de ress will come on here and bring up de past and all these sort of things, but stern hasnt done nothing yet, i suggest he starts on de bench and is subbed on, glenn should start with jones bc we need to go offensive in this game against para, stern has not scored yet and bringing him off de bench will help us bc para is a very defensive team also and may shut john out, if glenn and jones score in the 1st half, then bring stern in the 2nd  :beermug:

Offline john_public

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Is Stern John ah liability at Present?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 10:57:01 AM »
bredda u ha to be crazy  ;D, for d to games befor when we were playin a defensive game ( puttin hope in fast break) stern was playin, so now when we have to actually have to go out an attack u want to bench stern, ha

it`s thru that jones an glen have real juice, but i believe they need a target in the middle, cause for this game they won`t be allowed all that space in the other team half, casue we would be attackin more that in the last 2 games, i think it`s about time we see what otis can really do ( not only play holdin mid)

but what ever de boss man say we goin with i behind him 100%, and second rounds or not ( casue we winnin for sure) i enjoy our experience on d big stage  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 11:02:34 AM »
no-should be benched
yes-should be benched

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
you is REAL kicks
the OUTCOME of both choices is the SAME ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
lol change de wording..we knwo what u mean..but lord..lol
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 11:11:57 AM »
Nah

No Way.  If yuh watch Stern carefully he is almost certain to win the ball played to him in the air. He is as big as many of the defenders and is ball control is impecable. He redistributes the ball to the oncoming/rushing midfielder...problem is with the defensive duties of the midfielders they aren't as on rushing as they should be so the play is slowed.

But he is a must. Especially against the Paraguayans who aren't as big as the Swedish or English defenders, Stern would win and hold just about every ball that is played to him.

His biggest problem is when he wins the ball as he usually did and redistributes it to a midfielder....he doesn't have the burst of speed to lose his marker to receive the dangerous pass that would result from his initial play. That is where having someone like Glen on the field with him would help

Stern is class :chilling:

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 11:19:54 AM »
TI, yuh tief meh thread, Stern should be brought on as a sub but I will say, he ran more against England than I have seen in a while, ah think Jones was playing Stern's previous loafing role though....

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=17108.0

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 11:20:22 AM »
Nah

No Way.  If yuh watch Stern carefully he is almost certain to win the ball played to him in the air. He is as big as many of the defenders and is ball control is impecable. He redistributes the ball to the oncoming/rushing midfielder...problem is with the defensive duties of the midfielders they aren't as on rushing as they should be so the play is slowed.

But he is a must. Especially against the Paraguayans who aren't as big as the Swedish or English defenders, Stern would win and hold just about every ball that is played to him.

His biggest problem is when he wins the ball as he usually did and redistributes it to a midfielder....he doesn't have the burst of speed to lose his marker to receive the dangerous pass that would result from his initial play. That is where having someone like Glen on the field with him would help

This is exactly the problem. Stern has no variety to his game and already every defender is reading him. He only wants the ball to foot or chest so now they just stepping in front of him and winning it. Stern has made no defender uncomfortable, and most of the time he cussing his team mates.
Stern has not impressed I eh care what no one say. The only players in the T&T team who moving less than Stern are on the bench. Glenn has played less than Stern and already has created more chances for himself
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006, 11:55:58 AM »
The only thing i can say is...maybe starting stern on de bench may give him that hunger that he seems to be lacking..and that glen seems to posses now because he wasnt playign in the warm ups. this is world cup your chances especialy for us are few and far in betweena nd may even be mere half chances.  so in that case maybe bring hom on second half.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2006, 11:56:25 AM »
is he a liability, i know jahyouth and de ress will come on here and bring up de past and all these sort of things, but stern hasnt done nothing yet, i suggest he starts on de bench and is subbed on, glenn should start with jones bc we need to go offensive in this game against para, stern has not scored yet and bringing him off de bench will help us bc para is a very defensive team also and may shut john out, if glenn and jones score in the 1st half, then bring stern in the 2nd  :beermug:

ah wudd'nt even waste ah vote on  dis f%$king jacka$$ness
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2006, 11:59:29 AM »
If only Hardest was at the world cup....

When you coaching anything beyond your playstation then you could bench who yuh want otherwise STFU!!!
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2006, 12:09:45 PM »
For those men who like to think that Stern doh do nothing whe he doh score

http://www.eurosport.com/football/worldcup/2006/statsteam_tea2784.shtml
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2006, 12:11:20 PM »
 we have bigger liabilities than stern. big game for TT and yuh need to start the career scoring leader.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2006, 12:15:37 PM »
That offside goal showed how Stern positioning can be very in effective. Right there he should have run in front the defender and not behind. But who am I do say...huh.

Sats is one thing result is another. It shows though that Glen is far more productive than john.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2006, 12:19:59 PM »
Wha kinna retarded poll is this?
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2006, 12:21:46 PM »

stern has done nothing so far so i find he should be benched.

my pic would be glen and scotland as they look more hungry..

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2006, 12:33:06 PM »
amaze me how stern ain't do nothing, bench him, he a waste of time but leave theobald and birchall like do so much.  Them 2 carry the team on their shoulders.
cause they running around like chicken after they uneccessarily give way the ball they working harder than stern and playing better
 but is  beenhaker decision

Offline in dey pwefen!

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2006, 12:54:30 PM »
Most definitely NO! He is not a liability. In light of the formation employed against very creditable opponents it is virtually impossible to expect him do much. He is totally crowded out most times. If on the other hand Glen had scored from the very magnificient header from John I wonder what would have been said. It is my gut feeling that with some company up front we will see an explosive Stern John. I would think that if...IF... Latas is played it could give more depth into any defence break down of opposing teams. Well it's only Paraguay remaining so it is time to throw everything at them. Stern can do it. I'm sure.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2006, 01:05:12 PM »
Cause latas is probably the only man who could hit Stern the pass while hr sneakin in behind to score the taps...well may be yorke too buh he to far back..
Look Stern has to realize that he , himself have to get the ball in a shooting position, and thus work with his players for that...not run away from them, when they get the ball, and buff dem when they making runs for him....he definately had a better game this last game, buh he was still not as Effective as he could be......I DID NOT SAY HE INEFFECTIVE..

Why was M Owen subbed ? was he doing as good a job as Stern ?

by they way, though ah say best game by Stern, everybody say Stern Head dah ball Terry clear, look at it again....Jus like when ah say sanch head get wrench, very few saw, I see Stern make ah effort to bundle the ball over the line, even if it scored, they mighta call foul on Stern...(didn't double check yet )..Stern is our best Center forward ever and up to now, just not right now, Right now is Glen and Jones.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2006, 01:24:29 PM »
another i hate stern john poll???

once again ti ineptitude followed the rest of his followers as perttains to game plan and tactics

did benhakker want everyball kicked up field lost??
does he want attackin through the middle or off the sides??
does he want a lone man attempting to take on 4 defenders or would he rather bring the midfield in to help him??
is stern john playing againstengland by himself or is trinidad and tobago playing them as well??

PRESIDENT OF THE STERNF RO GOALS COMITTEE
simple u want goals look to stern
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2006, 02:03:40 PM »
That offside goal showed how Stern positioning can be very in effective. Right there he should have run in front the defender and not behind. But who am I do say...huh.

Sats is one thing result is another. It shows though that Glen is far more productive than john.

Good Point agree totally...........

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2006, 02:46:04 PM »

Good Point agree totally...........

You would  ::)

I real find you real reading plenty into that. Glenn come on as a sub both tmes against tired men, but he more productive than stern who have 180 minutes behind him...

Yeah he real more productive (one post) than Stern (one ball in the net offside)  ::)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2006, 03:08:13 PM »
I think if you look at the England game in particular you'll see that Stern is the most dangerous man in box we have.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2006, 03:16:05 PM »
All yuh still replying to this A$$HOLENESS !! 
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2006, 03:25:04 PM »
another i hate stern john poll???

once again ti ineptitude followed the rest of his followers as perttains to game plan and tactics

did benhakker want everyball kicked up field lost??
does he want attackin through the middle or off the sides??
does he want a lone man attempting to take on 4 defenders or would he rather bring the midfield in to help him??
is stern john playing againstengland by himself or is trinidad and tobago playing them as well??

PRESIDENT OF THE STERNF RO GOALS COMITTEE
simple u want goals look to stern
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2006, 03:32:38 PM »
A general law of football is that a striker can only play as good as he is allowed to, meaning good supply of passes, other players moving off the ball thus creating space for said striker etc. etc. Stern's biggest fault is his lack of mobility off the ball and Glenn complements him in this regard.

I said way before the squad was announced that Glenn will be in Germany and a couple of forumites telling me I was talking shit..... he is much needed for his pace, and variety because Jones and Stern plays a similar game. Glenn however, is best off the bench, giving us a spark of energy. Stern has to start, like it or not, he is our best finisher and could never provide that lift we need late in games coming off the bench.

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2006, 03:40:47 PM »
no-should be benched
yes-should be benched

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
you is REAL kicks
the OUTCOME of both choices is the SAME ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: and there i was bustin my tail tryin tuh figure out which one i shud vote for  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: ah tired ah need sleep
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2006, 04:07:09 PM »
Being our last group game, it may not hurt to change things upfront. He could start on the bench, and allow more direct, pacy and mobile strikers to lead our attack. If it not working, we can always bring him on.

To be honest, he has had a hard time in this WC as he has been the lone man. But I was very frustrated at his lack of mobility in both games. Too many times he was waiting for de perfect pass or cross and not GOING FOR THE BALL AS ALL COMPETENT STRIKERS DO!

He needs to remember, that even target men must make runs. Thats why Alan Shearer was successful. He held the ball up, but atleast made runs for the ball.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 04:09:31 PM by UK_Soca_warrior »

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2006, 04:11:22 PM »
Stern is de only fella looking likely to score...we cyah bench him...and I'm not a big Stern John fan...so no biasness here.

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2006, 04:21:48 PM »
Stern is de only fella looking likely to score...we cyah bench him...and I'm not a big Stern John fan...so no biasness here.

Fair point, but the guy has to do more running. He needs to create space for himself and make runs. He has to be mobile threat as well as a physical threat.

Offline WARRIORKING

• Deep into weaponry
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2006, 04:36:36 PM »
i find allyuh men getting real defensive when some of these men just stating they opinion.if they feel stern needs to be benched ,thats cool they might be right they might be wrong.no need to cuss them cause at the end of the day its beenie decision.fact is he haven't perform as well as glenn .even though he ran a little bit more in the england game .and i believe that was only cause it was england he get lil motivated.but say wuh good luck stern next game
My lyrical tendency`s equivalent to a critical felony
Precise behind bars like a criminal`s penalty
Pinnacle definitely, hold so much jewels in my miracle memory
It`s like I`m a physical treasury
I was born with a difficult destiny, not your typical mentally
Givin my vision through treacheries

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2006, 08:26:40 PM »
Nah

This is exactly the problem. Stern has no variety to his game and already every defender is reading him. He only wants the ball to foot or chest so now they just stepping in front of him and winning it. Stern has made no defender uncomfortable, and most of the time he cussing his team mates.
Stern has not impressed I eh care what no one say. The only players in the T&T team who moving less than Stern are on the bench. Glenn has played less than Stern and already has created more chances for himself

Well we must remember that he has been playing as a lone striker up front. He isn't the ideal person to have playing as a lone striker especially if the service isn't coming to him.

1]; } ?>