March 28, 2024, 10:50:15 PM

Author Topic: So allyuh blaming de game on Jack?  (Read 5931 times)

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
So allyuh blaming de game on Jack?
« on: June 08, 2005, 08:49:30 PM »
Dais exactly why Trinidad football is where it is, because ah ta ta tork like dat!

De whole team start off shakey, de fuss goal, Jack had no chance, de 2nd goal, he was recovering from a shot that was blocked.

Why allyuh don't talk about de incredible save he had in the 2nd half, the one he save in the bottom right corner, he had a few other decent saves too. 

Come on people, do not blame this game on Jack the score would have been the same or worse with Shaka or Ince!  Trust meh, dis coming from a former goalie!

Mexico was the better team, they won.  We could and I believe still qualify once we gain some cofidence, get one more talent in the midfield (Latas, yuh listening?) and Stern get a better understanding of Yorke's plays and ball distribution. 

We played OK considering we played the best team in the Hex on their home turf!

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
Re: So allyuh blaming de game on Jack?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 08:58:03 PM »
Stern get a better understanding of Yorke's plays and ball distribution. 

I also noted this and amazed at the fuss being made over Jack. Jack did his best made one good save and the defense lapsed on the two goals.

I did not find us to be creative but again that might be as a result of the defensive minded game plan. 

We must give credit for the performance and realize the abyss we have ascended from getting 5 away to Guatemala and giving up two soft goals to giant killer Mexico in Mexico.  We have improved and the journey to Germany will be hard but we are better placed to do it now as opposed to 2 months ago.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 09:00:22 PM »
Sorry fellas but i have to disagree.  Both goals could have been stoppen by Jack.
Especially the second one. 

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 09:03:01 PM »
I am not disagreeing with you but that should not be the only focus when recapping the game.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline noname

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 09:17:07 PM »
If you is a former keeper and bawling Jack wasnt partly to blame for either goal, pass me whatever you smoking partner cause you on a heights and I want to fly too.

I aint saying he fully to blame esp for the first one but.....go strong bredda

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 09:36:55 PM »
We can't really say Ince or Shaka would have done any better. They both have  been on the receiving end of a thorough beating. Jack was competent considering his long layoff.
Shaka isn't actively playing in games at the moment...only Beenie could judge if Shaka will be up to it when/if he finally rejoins the team.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 10:03:10 PM »

Keepers shoould not let the ball go under their body.
Having said that I've seen Shaka do the same thing.  Jack did a good job even if he has to take a lil blame for both goals.

We didn't lose because of him.  I hadda say I was impressed that it was tied going into the half.
I still think this team has more to give.  We were on the defensive a good bit in the second half and eventually they broke us down.
We were always composed for the most part which wasn't the case in the past where we were rattled easily.

I eh go lie, I real disappointed but I cah wait for the next game we play....likely the Gold Cup.
Clayton better be back in the fold by that time be it on the bench or starting.

I see Beenie smoking a cigarrette after the first goal.
First half he was sitting down cool like a cucumber.

This team biggest challenge right now might be to avoid self destructing from the baccahnal that just come out of nowhere recently.

I was ok when it was 1-0 but that second goal.....I cah believe it went in...I done already breathing a sign of relief when I see him going down....whaever.  He looked like he was playing disciplined the rest of the time....save for a few erratic punch outs.

When is the last time we thought we actually had a chance to grab a point in Mexico....still points lost but I looking forward to seeing this team continue to develop.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2005, 10:18:58 AM »
As a team ah have to say they do well but dat defender on the left that leave the ball to bounce he frig up tings for we. That goal give de mexicans confidence . Success breathes confidence and that goal give all the confidence they needed. They hold out good for a long time and that was impressive enough for me. That was a lot of pressure to tek without conceeding a goal. 
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2005, 10:51:15 AM »
Sorry fellas but i have to disagree.  Both goals could have been stoppen by Jack.
Especially the second one. 

come one guys, why all this fuss about kelvin jack? The man had a good game, the first goal was not his fault, it started with disorganisation at the back due to avery john's absence on de pitch! The ball was crossed over, carlos edwards miss judged it, de shot was taken, jack saved it and the rebound went to borgetti in an offside position and he scored the goal.

The second goal was ah real hard luck.  Anyone who knows about keeping knows that the hardest shot to save is the one close to your body.  He was getting up after going the other way!  I admit, that at this level he should have saved it but he does not deserve the poinding that alyuh giving him here!!

Shaka's mistake was 20 times worse against guatemala, and i eh hear any ah alyuh saying anyting about dat!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Sanchez

• Full Warrior
  • Numero Diez por siempre
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2005, 10:55:12 AM »
I wouldn't say Avery was absent from the game, he did a good job stopping a lot of crosses, he made some really good tackles, some really careless ones as well, he also stopped a goal.  Give him a break, the wingback's job is to stop the crosses, he stopped most of them.  The two he didn't stop however created the goals.  He needs help.

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2005, 10:56:49 AM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall they stuck to the script of trying to get a point, but I have some issues that some men done touch on already..

-That should be the last time we seen Stern and Yorke up top.  Stern should come on for Dwight in de dregs is Dwight need a rest.  This chest trap and screen and draw a foul ting is REAL mess!  Yorke was really working for 2.

- Birchall and Whitley in the middle, did not work last night.  Whitley was a non factor, Birchall was a little better but they both could have been subbed at the half.  Distribution just was not there.

-Yes the game plan was to defend and get a point but we gave them WAY too much respek when we had a chance to counter attack, we just did not look interested in attacking AT ALL..

-The back 4 was absolutely solid..Avery deserves a BIG UP (esp. for the save he make with his buttocks!!)..the fellas get tired at about the 70th minute and it showed..we started to GIVE THEM the flanks to let them serve balls and run at us..

-The goals.  1st goal (yes Jack have to hold on to that ball) but if Edwards was not roast, he coulda get some kinda header (dive if you have to) on the ball that came across for de man to slap at goal..tiredness.. 2nd goal (another ball Jack coulda done better with..esp. at this level) but that is a hard luck..tiredness did us in..overall Jack was solid though.

I don't know if anybody watched the Panama / US game, but even though the US dominate, Panama made them work defensively as well, their forwards were not afraid to RUN at the US defense..granted they gave up 3 goals but they could have scored 3 as well..we never really threatened last night and it showed, the mexicans never seemed hurried at all.   I hope that in August, while we respect what the US can do, we take the game to them a bit more than we did against Mexico last night..

That was a hard game (of backs and forwards) tro watch last night, because I know we have more to offer on the offensive side of the ball, but you have to do what you have to do, so tactically beene man has to be commended.  I think he could have used the subs a bit earlier though..Tiger would have been better suited for the left side than Theo (in my OPINION), he just does not seem comfortable out there and was very predictable (never ran at the defender, always cutting back)..

We are still in the hunt but realistically we cannot afford to lose more than one more game, I think we need to go 3-1-1 in the next round, starting with a win in that game in August..

I still on the wagon..GO WARRIORS! 

Jack - 7.5 (solid, better than I thought he would have been)
Atiba - 7.5 (solid)
Dog - 8 (solid)
Giraffe - 8 (solid)
Avery - 8.5 (MOTM...got tired and just started to pass blade!)
Birchall - 6.5 (will get better with time but stuggled for most of the game)
Whitley - 6 (non factor)
Stern - 6 (non factor)
Yorke - 8 (did what he could)
Theo - 6 (non factor)
Edwards - 7 (the only man that looked like he wanted to run at them)
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline noname

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2005, 10:57:02 AM »
Sanchez,

He mean the fact that Avery was physically not on the pitch at that point in the match...not so Andre?

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2005, 11:03:06 AM »
I wouldn't say Avery was absent from the game, he did a good job stopping a lot of crosses, he made some really good tackles, some really careless ones as well, he also stopped a goal.  Give him a break, the wingback's job is to stop the crosses, he stopped most of them.  The two he didn't stop however created the goals.  He needs help.

DOH let meh start tuh cuss yuh up this hour of de afternoon!!!

Learn tuh read, i never say that avery was absent for the game, because he was our man of the match.  At that point when the first goal was scored, he was OFF DE FU*KING FIELD GETTING TREATED FOR AN INJURY!!!!!!!

oh gorsh man, doh take it personal, ah work last night so ah lil agitated!..lol

respect

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2005, 11:15:49 AM »
D first goal, Jack was at full stretch and he got fingers to it, Lawrence let Borgetti come from behind his back and tap it in....................D second goal, Jack shud have saved it.....Odder dan dat I was satisfied with the way we played, against mexico in mexico........we waited till we were down to attack them.....I swore yorke scored d header, nice flick from stern to Sam................I didnt expect us to win but we cud have drawn. Mexico proved that they are beatable at home.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2005, 11:35:55 AM »
Dais true andre , borgetti was offside .
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2005, 11:40:14 AM »

I think he was level, benefit of doubt has to go to the attacker.  And to the linesman who may not have made it out de stadium alive if he take away that goal.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2005, 11:48:12 AM »

I think he was level, benefit of doubt has to go to the attacker.  And to the linesman who may not have made it out de stadium alive if he take away that goal.

arrow, he was level when the shot was taken but was offside for the rebound!

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2005, 11:52:40 AM »
true I thought the rule was when the cross/shot was taken.  If the keeper spill it thats his problem. No?
I tired see players rushing in for rebounds
« Last Edit: June 09, 2005, 11:54:39 AM by arrow »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2005, 12:00:25 PM »
true I thought the rule was when the cross/shot was taken.  If the keeper spill it thats his problem. No?

ENT if de ball come off de bar and yuh tap it in from ah offside position de flag does go up? tuh me dat was offside.  Ah could be wrong doh, cause ah hardly hearing men talking bout dat!!

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2005, 12:02:35 PM »

The first goal came from atiba's side and the other came through the middle.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2005, 12:03:57 PM »

you are correct.

Offline Sanchez

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2005, 12:35:50 PM »

As I recall, both plays started on the right side.  On the first goal he cross came in from the right, Carlos Edwards did not head it out, shot at goal, Jack parry, tap in goal. The second goal, play also started on the right, then moved into the middle for the shot, parry, then goal...

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2005, 12:43:50 PM »

As I recall, both plays started on the right side.  On the first goal he cross came in from the right, Carlos Edwards did not head it out, shot at goal, Jack parry, tap in goal. The second goal, play also started on the right, then moved into the middle for the shot, parry, then goal...

Your recollection not correct.  Mexico came down their left side and cross for the first goal.  U were correct when said Edwards messed up on the play (he plays on TNT right) with Atiba and Avery plays on TNT left.

Offline Sanchez

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2005, 12:55:05 PM »

Your recollection not correct.  Mexico came down their left side and cross for the first goal.  U were correct when said Edwards messed up on the play (he plays on TNT right) with Atiba and Avery plays on TNT left.

When I refer to the play started on the right, I am referring to Mexico's side of the field because they are in possession of the ball.  Remember, the ball was crossed in from Mexico's right side of the field, Carlos missed and then goal.  I think we are talking about the same thing, just facing different direction.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2005, 12:57:02 PM by Tallman »

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2005, 12:59:15 PM »
The ball came from mexico left side (1 st goal). ask somebody.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2005, 01:02:24 PM »
no first it was a long cross switching the play all the way from mexicos right to the left side.  That is when Edwards misjudged (even though he had about 45 yards to see the ball coming).  Then the cross/shot was taken from the left which got parried.
So there were two crosses involved in the play, one from the right...then one from the left (which actually might have been a shot)

Offline Sanchez

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2005, 01:04:15 PM »

Fella, you watched a different game, because if they crossed in from their left side, the ball would have gone towards Avery on TNT left side.....yes or no.....It was the opposite, the ball was crossed in from their right side, then Carlos Edwards missed, the shot came from the left side.  

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2005, 01:04:51 PM »
no first it was a long cross switching the play all the way from mexicos right to the left side.  That is when Edwards misjudged (even though he had about 45 yards to see the ball coming).  Then the cross/shot was taken from the left which got parried.
So there were two crosses involved in the play, one from the right...then one from the left (which actually might have been a shot)

thank you arrow

Offline Sanchez

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2005, 01:05:38 PM »
[/quote

Arrow, you and I saw the same game.

Offline Sanchez

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2005, 01:07:49 PM »
[/quote

Arrow, you and I saw the same game.

However, that was not a cross from the left side, that was a shot, Jack parried towards the forward for the first goal.

1]; } ?>