April 27, 2024, 03:06:29 AM

Author Topic: What Have We Gained  (Read 3059 times)

Offline Source

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
What Have We Gained
« on: June 16, 2006, 11:02:26 AM »
What Have We Gained So Far
What are some of the tangibles and intangibles we have gained so far from this World Cup? I’m sure we have many. Let me name a few tangibles:
•   Respect – no longer are we considered a walk over
•   Greater visibility – for our players and country
•   Pride – we have every reason to be proud of the team's diligent effort
•   Joy – pure joy -- We laughed, cried, dance and applauded.  When was the last time you felt this kind of exuberance and it did not come from a bottle?
This is my two cents worth. Add yours.

Offline goodfootball171267

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What Have We Gained
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 11:17:08 AM »
AGREED!  We can't buy this kind of Publicity for the country and our region!

Offline essexgirl22

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 04:32:19 PM »
I agree with you all what we have gained from our Soca Warriors no TOURISM OFFICE, NO GOVERNMENT MINISTRY could have given us that EXPOSURE, PRIDE, RESPECT of the world community and dont forget our supporters who have behaved with DIGNITY

WELL DONE TO ALL :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
r
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 04:33:56 PM by essexgirl22 »

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 05:23:02 PM »
We also gained a realization that all of the so called big name teams are not really that big after all.  With proper development, by 2010 we could actually enter a world cup expecting to realistically win it.  I mean Crouch had to grab Sancho's hair - blantantly cheat - in order to get England ahead, and England expects to win the World Cup!
That means that they couldn't beat us otherwise, and therefore we have arrived.
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline naparima

• <Insert Interesting Comment Here>
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Rishi Travelogue
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 06:01:22 PM »
What Have We Gained So Far
What are some of the tangibles and intangibles we have gained so far from this World Cup? I’m sure we have many. Let me name a few tangibles:
•   Respect – no longer are we considered a walk over
•   Greater visibility – for our players and country
•   Pride – we have every reason to be proud of the team's diligent effort
•   Joy – pure joy -- We laughed, cried, dance and applauded.  When was the last time you felt this kind of exuberance and it did not come from a bottle?
This is my two cents worth. Add yours.

Im in Milan right now... and they know the flag and they said good game!!
All of the above is right!!
Will agree more later... too much wine!!!
<Blurb> Insert Text
</Blurb>

Offline in dey pwefen!

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 06:32:10 PM »
Let me put it this way. I work in an office of only white Canadian folks 2 of whom have a  knowledge of the game. But because of the fever I helped to create they are all backing T&T to do great things. That's in my corner. I can only imagine what has happened worldwide. As for actual state of T&T soccer, it has grown by strides which the years ahead will reveal. Respect, admiration, insight into the passion and heart of players who have the will and determination to get results, are just some things that come to mind. Most of all I hope it has to some extent done some for the nation at home as we struggle to build a society of like passion and strength. The world is going to be visiting us now. The world is going to be interested in scouting for our players on regular basis.
Beaten but certaily by no means disgraced. But wait...PARAGUAY WATCH OUT. The Warriors are not yet done. You will feel the wrath of it all. "de vengeance of moko is about to fall".
Blessings and see you guys when the second starts.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 07:44:47 PM »
We also gained a realization that all of the so called big name teams are not really that big after all.  With proper development, by 2010 we could actually enter a world cup expecting to realistically win it.  I mean Crouch had to grab Sancho's hair - blantantly cheat - in order to get England ahead, and England expects to win the World Cup!
That means that they couldn't beat us otherwise, and therefore we have arrived.

Don't forget the so call offside goal by Stern

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 08:23:24 PM »
Well I am around a bunch of Irish and english players and coaches in the US and my inbox was filled with emails about the beat down we were going to get and yadda yadda about  some guy name Rooney gonna kill us. So I did not reply..............until after the game when they got nailed by us. Now it's funny that none of then would return my very colorful email after the game. I wonder why that is?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2006, 09:16:26 PM »
Let me put it this way. I work in an office of only white Canadian folks 2 of whom have a  knowledge of the game. But because of the fever I helped to create they are all backing T&T to do great things. That's in my corner. I can only imagine what has happened worldwide. As for actual state of T&T soccer, it has grown by strides which the years ahead will reveal. Respect, admiration, insight into the passion and heart of players who have the will and determination to get results, are just some things that come to mind. Most of all I hope it has to some extent done some for the nation at home as we struggle to build a society of like passion and strength. The world is going to be visiting us now. The world is going to be interested in scouting for our players on regular basis.
Beaten but certaily by no means disgraced. But wait...PARAGUAY WATCH OUT. The Warriors are not yet done. You will feel the wrath of it all. "de vengeance of moko is about to fall".
Blessings and see you guys when the second starts.

Nice to hear from another person up here in Canada ..yuh mus be from the falls area ah guessing from the pic  ;D).  Ah like wat you say . I agree
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Recapping our success so far........
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2006, 09:39:04 AM »
This is not about our play just against England; I would like to  take this opportunity to comment on our play, the perception that others had of us and the impact the Warriors have had on our collective and individual psyche from  my personal observations.

I personally could not recall once in my personal interactions in North America, where those I meet finally have come to realize that Trinidad and Tobago is a separate entity than Jamaica and yes some people  are confused and think that Togo is a part of our nation. The world wide stage has helped to carve out and define who we are as  a nation , a culture and footballers.

Remember the perceptions from the international press at the onset of the campaign and when we qualified?

Well  the S.S.W (Super Soca Warriors), landed and availed themselves well to many disbelievers. Our team was dubbed the ;minnows'; the little band of merriment carnival soca players destined to be the  doormats  of all who faced us.

We proved them all wrong. Consider that had Glen's shot which hit the cross bar against Sweden made it in, ummm.....? consider  if Stern's shot at the English goal had not been saved by the defence man and we had held on.....?

I am delighted that in a sport which is truly indicative of being called a world cup event ( unlike the so-called world cup of baseball or the hockey world championships), the Warriors performed and did what I would call a P.B.(personal best). TNT made it thorough the regional qualifying stages, the playoffs with Bahrain and unto the top 32 nations vying for world cup supremacy. Historical sporting event for our nation.. Thanks and praise to the creator.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 09:41:07 AM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2006, 10:23:23 AM »
AlbertaTrini it seems that when you speak you do so from up high. I like that perspective.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Source

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2006, 12:51:25 PM »
Alberta, you are so right. It amazes me how ignorant many people are about Trinidad and Tobago, I'm talking about people with degrees. Can you imagine people where I'm living for the past 10 years think Trinidad is a part of Africa. Also if you from the Caribbean you're from Jamaica.

There are so many benefits we have gained from this World Cup experience and it's not yet over. I would love to write a full scale article on the benefits but I'm waiting for others to contribute. Maybe after the Cup is over we should put together a paper on the benefits we have derived from this sublime experience and save it for posterity.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2006, 04:01:38 PM »
I really don't care much about the international exposure. Everything that we project to the world is subject to their own interpretation. And if someone doesn't know where Trinidad and Tobago is, that's just their ignorance. The fact is we are literally the size of a dot on the map. But even in with our smallness there is greatness. Through sport, art and culture we are great. It is a shame that we don't acknowledge excellence consistently and constructively. The World Cup shows the world that Trinidad and Tobago can play football but more importantly it demonstrates to each and every citizen that they can be as great as they want be. We don't have to bow to anyone because sweat of our brows we too shall eat bread. Lift your head and be proud to be trini- embrace your culture, your identity because it is beautiful.

From a footbal perspective it is the best thing to ever happen to us. Our players will return with invaluable knowledge and experience that may be passed on to a new generation of players. It signals the beginning of real football tradition in our country. This is where state and commercial assistance must show it support for the cause. I love this feeling I'm having and I want have it every 4 years.

More importantly the World Cup has united a divided nation. Temporary as it may be, this experience won the hearts and minds of the people in a way that literally nothing has ever done before.

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2006, 05:46:31 PM »

RESPECT FOR SHURE

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2006, 08:58:57 PM »
The Warriors of this world cup has set the foundation

Its time to build the house....2010

Long live the Soca Warriors

While was winding up my work day on Friday,I was listening to N P R,they did a piece on the songs of the world cup,the first song played was the Warrior anthem,I said to myself,not only have we reached  but we gone clear,all that is needed is to chart the course,the sky is the limit and there are no obstacles

All praise is due to the Almighty

1]; } ?>