March 28, 2024, 12:04:49 PM

Author Topic: Shaka out against Paraguay?  (Read 15120 times)

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Shaka out against Paraguay?
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2006, 07:51:59 AM »
I actually agree with Beenhakker on bringing in Jack. In the England and Sweden games Shaka used his experience agianst European style of plays with long balls and crosses and his positioning was excellent. However Jack is a much better shotstopper at this stage in his career and though he is weak at crosses, I dont expect Paraguay to exploit this as this is not their style and they will already be at a height disadvantage with tallest and dog. Paraguay is probably gonna knock direct ball and shot just like Colombia in the Gold Cup remember and Jack put in a fine performance. I love Shaka to death and he is one of my favourite players but he hadda step aside for Jack

Offline Latent

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2006, 07:54:41 AM »
I would keep Shaka for this match given the good form that he is in. Then again I have faith in Beenhakker in that he knows what he is doing.

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2006, 11:43:24 AM »
look where the article come from... soccernet.com and not from a proper trini source where all our major news would come from so until we get some news of that kinda from a locally based source shaka keeping... i aint going with jack when we already have shaka fit and playing extremely well... u dont see shaka making mistakes every game like jack... especially with giving away the ball with clearances... it would be good yet for jack to get some of the added experience of the WC since next campaign he most likely would be our #1 keeper... but i trust beenie... whatever his decision may be it is what is best for the team

Offline Swomp

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2006, 04:48:21 PM »
nah, 5-0 up with 5 minutes
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:...well riteeee, alyuh is rhel jones up in here... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :beermug:

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2006, 06:31:09 PM »
Point is Shaka did what Jack did before....

Made the most of the opportunity when it was presented to him.

This is WC, not no charity sweat.

The amount of bullet and save Shaka make more than qualifies him for the job between the post.

Remember Jack was injured.......he simply lost his place at a bad time.

Lastly If you compare jack to Shaka in all aspects of goalkeeping he comes second...Communication, Crosses, Command of area, throws, kicking, , movement off the line, Clean takes, reading of the game etc.

He is only better at shot stopping....and Shaka has shown us in the past two games he is more than adequate.

Jack also punches the ball directly to the opposition or gives away needless corners. He very rarely makes a clean catch or save.

Leave Shaka in the post....Besides is only Classic he does collect.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2006, 06:57:36 PM »
Point is Shaka did what Jack did before....

Made the most of the opportunity when it was presented to him.

This is WC, not no charity sweat.

The amount of bullet and save Shaka make more than qualifies him for the job between the post.

Remember Jack was injured.......he simply lost his place at a bad time.

Lastly If you compare jack to Shaka in all aspects of goalkeeping he comes second...Communication, Crosses, Command of area, throws, kicking, , movement off the line, Clean takes, reading of the game etc.

He is only better at shot stopping....and Shaka has shown us in the past two games he is more than adequate.

Jack also punches the ball directly to the opposition or gives away needless corners. He very rarely makes a clean catch or save.

Leave Shaka in the post....Besides is only Classic he does collect.

well said man but at the end  beenie is de coach. and he liek jack for what ever reason. so no matter who inde posts let hope no mistakes and a godo game
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2006, 07:46:25 PM »
if I was Bennie....i would put Jack in (ah be scared no ass but) if he only let ah ball pass him in 3 minutes OUT
Shaka where ya...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2006, 07:57:26 PM »
Men really good yes..........hmmm.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>