April 24, 2024, 05:07:33 AM

Author Topic: We will go for it – Beenhakker.  (Read 3284 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
We will go for it – Beenhakker.
« on: June 18, 2006, 07:58:26 PM »
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

National team coach Leo Beenhakker has made it clear that worrying about the possibilities over this country’s chances of advancing to the second round based on what happens to the Sweden versus England match is far from his mind as he prepares to the take the “Soca Warriors” into Tuesday’s clash with Paraguay.
Beenhakker was speaking at the team’s press conference in Rotenburg on Monday when he also hinted that he may just find the space to let Russell Latapy play some part in the closing Group B encounter at Kaiserslautern which kicks off at 9pm (3pm T&T time).
Skipper Dwight Yorke and his men will run out in an all white strip, which by the way is Beenhakker’s preferred colour for the team and they will be going all out to take something away. A 1-0 win over Paraguay and a 2-0 win for England will see both the Swedes and T&T ending up on identical goal difference which could result in a coin toss to determine which team advances to the second round. The fitting occurrence would be for the “Soca Warriors” to at least win by two goals without conceding and hope that England put the hurt on the Swedes.
“We know our actual situation. I think the team is ready again and has gained a lot of confidence and courage. We know what we have to do and it makes no sense to lose any time of energy on the England/Sweden match. We don’t have it in our hands so in he beginning after the England match the message to the guys was to focus on the Paraguay match and try to win it and then later on wait for the result over there. We will try to play our own match. In that way we will go for it and try to have a good result,” Beenhakker stated.
“It’s not a question of defensive options or attacking options. I have already explained several times that if you want to play offensive, you need the ball. So our intention is always the same and it’s to try and get in front and in the most perfect conditions. If we don’t have the ball then we have to work to get it back,” he explained.
“The intention is exactly the same as it has always been but the opponent is sometimes different as you may have seen.”
“I don’t know how they will manage this game but for us the next game is the important one and the motivation is a hundred percent with the guys. At least on paper we are still in and that gives us the courage to go for it. I know this group and in that way I think they did everything they could do in both matches within their possibilities and talent they will do some extra in this game,” he assured.
Beenhakker did say that while he will even think about calling Sven Erikkson ahead of England’s match, he will in fact keep updated on that match while T&T’s is also on the pitch at both games will be played simultaneously.
“Of course. At least will try that and it’s good to know what is happening there. I could imagine based on the actual result and what is happening there, you probably bring in an extra player in the front or back.”
He also dismissed further talk of the Peter Crouch’s climb on Brent Sancho for England’s first goal.
“That’s after the game. It’s the first thing Brent Sancho said -  I couldn’t get him and he blocked me. But these things happen in football and you have to accept it. It makes no sense. It was a goal and you lost it. More than ever the way we lost it and the moment we gave it out of our hands was the tough part for these guys. You have to be able to handle possible errors of the referees.”
We will gamble of course but not from the beginning We have our philosophy and our way of playing, during  a match you always can change during a match with an extra guy up front or with extra pressure in the midfield. You need 90 minutes to win a match and you can lose it in one second.
When asked about maybe a role for Latapy in this encounter, Beenhakker replied: “That’s possible. The problem with Russell is not that he doesn’t have the talent and that he can’t play football. The problem to bring several players with this skills  together in the team once again is who is playing versus who. Before the game you realize the big part os getting the ball back and that’s not the strongest part of Russell. (But) hopefully I can use him in the Paraguay game yes.”
The Dutchman was also asked to comment on talks with Jack Warner about a possible future with T&T, he explained that afterwards “First of all I will be on my party. Afterwards I have time enough to make decisions and see what I want. He explained to me what his idea was about the coming future of T&T and the Caribbean and CONCACAF. I said it’s nice to know but when the tournament is over for us I will start possibly planning my next future and that can be between playing golf for the next three months or starting next weekend with another job.”
He did say that there will be options available from other clubs and Federations. Warner had indicated that he remained hopeful that T&T can continue to have the services of Beenhakker and that the Government and corporate T&T will feel the same way.

John’s Birthday in Germany.

Meantime, as the players engaged in double sessions in Rotenburg, defender Avery John was celebrating his 31st birthday and was more than pleased to be back in the squad and eligible for the Paraguay game following his red card suspension. Goalie Kelvin Jack and Marvin Andrews will be available for selection.
Skipper Yorke remained upbeat about T&T’s chances on Tuesday.
“I think we will definitely go all out to bring a result home and at least end on a high. There’s not much we can do about the other result but I’ll be texting or will call the boys, like (Wayne) Rooney, Becks (David Beckham), Rio (Ferdinand), Gary (Neville) and whoever else. We know what is ahead of us and I think the guys have all done us proud but there will be nothing better than  finishing the group phase with a win and then of course getting into the second round will be absolutely fantastic,” added Yorke who was the centre of laughter among his teammates on Monday as he has to resort to taking his bicycle into his hotel room to avoid the chance of it being hidden away as has occurred on more than one occasion this past week.
“If it’s one thing, the camaraderie in this team is fantastic and we will work for each other on and off the field,” he said. The team will travel by charter plane to Mannheim on Monday morning and will stay at the Dorint Sofitel hotel and will train once at the match stadium in the evening period.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: We will go for it – Beenhakker.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 08:42:26 PM »
 A 1-0 win over Paraguay and a 2-0 win for England will see both the Swedes and T&T ending up on identical goal difference which could result in a coin toss to determine which team advances to the second round.

a coin toss, that is real pressure

they should do something like a PK-match to decide the outcome
coin toss is unfair and just plain dotish

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 09:10:05 PM »
"When asked about maybe a role for Latapy in this encounter, Beenhakker replied: “That’s possible. The problem with Russell is not that he doesn’t have the talent and that he can’t play football. The problem to bring several players with this skills  together in the team once again is who is playing versus who. Before the game you realize the big part os getting the ball back and that’s not the strongest part of Russell. (But) hopefully I can use him in the Paraguay game yes.”"

So it look like Beenie realize Latapy must get a run Tuesday, if not somebody wouldah buss he head, he know he has NO CHOICE but tuh play Latapy.  Anuddah question about his criticism of Latas, dat he cyar win the ball back, I wish I could ask him if two time player of the year Ronaldinho does win the ball back... Hell no, so why is he dicrediting the greatest footballer out of TnT like this? 

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 09:11:39 PM »
I hope we ain't undo all that hardwork by playing madness against Paraguay. We need some wicked attacking football in that game.
Ketch footballitis

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 09:13:17 PM »
I think it has a format where they go down to head to head record.....then best discipline record (ie least yellow/red cards) then if all else fails....coin toss. Personally for me i would have them play against each other and winner gets it.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline BlazinTrini

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 09:17:46 PM »
they don't use who has the least or most yellow/red cards to break a tie..if everything else doesn't work with the goals and such..then its the coin flip.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 09:18:01 PM »
"When asked about maybe a role for Latapy in this encounter, Beenhakker replied: “That’s possible. The problem with Russell is not that he doesn’t have the talent and that he can’t play football. The problem to bring several players with this skills  together in the team once again is who is playing versus who. Before the game you realize the big part os getting the ball back and that’s not the strongest part of Russell. (But) hopefully I can use him in the Paraguay game yes.”"

So it look like Beenie realize Latapy must get a run Tuesday, if not somebody wouldah buss he head, he know he has NO CHOICE but tuh play Latapy.  Anuddah question about his criticism of Latas, dat he cyar win the ball back, I wish I could ask him if two time player of the year Ronaldinho does win the ball back... Hell no, so why is he dicrediting the greatest footballer out of TnT like this? 

ronaldinho have emerson and ze roberto to win back the ball and beenie feel we need birchall, theobald and yorke for that role..so it might be the case we need 3 ball winners instead of 2 like brazil.
i eh doubting beenie but i feel latas creativity will outweigh the need for the extra ball winner..birchall, yorke and the rest of the team will just have to work harder..theobald served his purpose..it is time for him to sit down next to wolfe.

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 09:20:12 PM »
Anuddah question about his criticism of Latas, dat he cyar win the ball back, I wish I could ask him if two time player of the year Ronaldinho does win the ball back... Hell no, so why is he dicrediting the greatest footballer out of TnT like this?

...Yuh have a point. I always wondered why people talk about Latapy being a defensive liability. The fact a the matter iz - big playerz does hardly defend (if they defend at all). Check Zidane, Ronaldinho, and most other gr8 playerz. Teams actually allow this so that these men could concentrate fully on sparking the offense.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 09:23:37 PM by richpy »
Ketch footballitis

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 09:29:50 PM »
 A 1-0 win over Paraguay and a 2-0 win for England will see both the Swedes and T&T ending up on identical goal difference which could result in a coin toss to determine which team advances to the second round.

ent man this heads or tails thing..if de wind blowing to far fomr de east and the coin have .0001 microns more on one side we could lose...meh heart eh good and dat si a real sof way to lsoe out
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 09:47:53 PM by Organic »
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2006, 10:07:25 PM »
Well the discipline record i not sure about i jus assuming that might be the format cuz they set that as the format for the qualifiers. Check the link below:
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/050915/1/4npf.html

Here is where Fair Play comes in: the next factor is the respective teams' disciplinary ranking, in which yellow cards (one point), red cards (two points) and suspensions (one point per match suspension) are added up and the team with fewer points advances directly. In the mathematically unlikely event that there are still two teams even on all criteria, a drawing of lots would be the final determining factor.

I dunno if dey might use it doh....buh just letting allyuh know it have other possibilities than a coin toss.

Edit....

And if they do.....lawd....we under pressha!!

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/stats/detail.html?section=tdc

We leading the list!!! OH LAWD!!!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 10:10:18 PM by Bourbon »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2006, 10:08:22 PM »
Well the discipline record i not sure about i jus assuming that might be the format cuz they set that as the format for the qualifiers. Check the link below:
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/050915/1/4npf.html

Here is where Fair Play comes in: the next factor is the respective teams' disciplinary ranking, in which yellow cards (one point), red cards (two points) and suspensions (one point per match suspension) are added up and the team with fewer points advances directly. In the mathematically unlikely event that there are still two teams even on all criteria, a drawing of lots would be the final determining factor.

I dunno if dey might use it doh....buh just letting allyuh know it have other possibilities than a coin toss.
such as? i think i read that coin toss is what they using
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2006, 10:12:45 PM »
Well i dunno if they go prefer the controversy of a coin toss.....or have something a lil more concrete to seperate the teams.......i just letting people know the options....if yuh have a problem with the coin....it have the cards.....dahs all i sayin. For we sake....better hope is de coin oui!!

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2006, 10:49:43 PM »
Ah football competetion shud'nt come dong to ah coin toss it shud at have something to do with de game ...kick penalties or something ...buh to not go thru 2 de 2nd rongs becuz you call heads and it end up tails is ah sad way to go out....check yuh self FIFA it must ha ah better way
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2006, 04:57:12 AM »
"You need 90 minutes to win a match and you can lose it in one second." that is d quote ,of d world cup so far.

so men here amazing me if u were listening to beenie and taking note of his formation and style of play and on whats our team's weakness u would know that russell wouldnt start against either england or sweden and would only play if we went a goal up. but paraguay style of play makes it likely for latapy to playagainst them and also the fact that we need to take risks and scorre
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline shivadee

• Full Warrior
  • There is only ONE number 7. And its worn in Trini
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2006, 05:34:01 AM »
coin toss!! hear what...i say ANY man from Sweden play a game for FIFA agains the BEST Trini man.....Trini v Sweden.....let that decide? Wha alyuh say?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2006, 05:48:44 AM »
This is de worst refs in the histroy of the world cup, good luck T&T because it seems the ref are only for the big teams.

Paraguay say they not bowing out without a win.

T&T need to stop bunching, spread the defence and offence and players five meters apart at all times.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 05:35:43 PM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2006, 06:03:13 AM »

unfair huh ? from what I know a coin has two sides, and there's a 50/50 chance of either one being the 'side-up'....no one is at a disadvantage....so technically, it's actually more 'fair' than a penalty shoot out in which the 'better' team could be at a disadvantage by having worse spot kickers....but I know what you mean....it has nothing to do with football......

anyway it's been done before and there is alot of football to be played before we might have to think about that..... so no need to worry about that now...plus if it works in our favor, our definition of 'unfair' will most likely change a bit  ;D
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 06:04:53 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2006, 06:35:09 AM »
Alyuh putting thee horse before the Carrage! As the man said leh we go and first wi the game against paraguy and then leh we talk about tha coin bussines. A flipping coin toss... for real is how FIFA decides a nation's fate on who will make it to the next round? You gotta to be kidding me... that's sad! You let both teams head out to the pitch for a decision.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock itit will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

1]; } ?>