April 16, 2024, 04:55:14 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs England game (15-June-2006).  (Read 186087 times)

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs England game.
« Reply #120 on: June 13, 2006, 11:53:53 AM »
We need to watch this one closely, I guarantee that England will get frustrated and foul and tackle harder. Our boys have to be real cool for this one and not pick any unnecessary cards, let England foul themselves out of the game.

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
Re: What the media say Birchall say
« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2006, 12:26:02 PM »
outta all seriousness i would do the same if i wuz in his position... for all u know his celebration might cause some extra letter bombs... u know how them english ppl does take their football too seriously

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2006, 12:30:08 PM »
This article was in our newspaper on 20th may 2006 long before the world cup

"CHRIS BIRCHALL has banned himself from celebrating should he stun England and score for Trindad & Tobago.
The Stafford-born midfielder, 22, is the first Port Vale player to appear in the world Cup finals.
Birchall faces a midfield showdown with Steveb Gerrard and Frank Lampard in Nurenberg on June 15. But he has vowed not to gloat if he spoils Sven Goran Eriksson's farewell party.
Birchall, who qualifies for the Caribbean minnows though his Tindad-born mother, said: "If i score I won't celebrate. I respect England - it's the country where i'm from and I'm very proud about that."

none of us know what he will do if he scores maybe hell decide  but ill tell you sumat if he does score and doesnt celebrate he is no less a trini than dwight yourke u have got to realise england is his country and he is a respectable man he will do what he wants to all you got do is be behing him 110% like he is for you

Miss...he done get serve ah big bowl ah sweat rice

I'm afraid its too late for you
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 13, 2006, 12:37:03 PM »
NEED TO LEAVE "ME MUM" ALONE.!! DE MAN DOING YOEMAN SERVICE TO US. WIHT OUT HIM WE WOULNDA BE HERE ALA..BULLET AGAISNT BAHARAIN. I READ ONLY 4 REPLIES AND RLEIASE I EH WAH READ NO MORE. DE DUDE HAVE AL RIHGT NOT TO CELEBRATE. I SUPPORTING HIM 110%. WE GO CELEBRATE FOR HIM.
GO BIRCHIE MAN. BLESS UP.!! WE KNOW U WILL SCORE!!
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #124 on: June 13, 2006, 12:39:25 PM »
dis is my opinion

1st half:

Shaka

Sancho                  Giraffe   

Carlos                                                                             Gray

Birchall                    Whitley

Scotland                                   Yorke                                  Samuel

Kenwyne       

2nd half:(last 20 mins)

Shaka

Sancho                  Giraffe   

Carlos                                                                             Gray

Yorke                   

Scotland                                                                           Samuel

Latapy

Jones                              Glen

Subs:
Out: Birchall       In: Latapy(60th minute)
Out: Whitley     In: Glen(70th minute)

I think Kenwyne has almost the same amount of close control as Stern for takin down long balls.  He is strong, fit, and most of all has more desire and hunger.  He will be more effective on top on his own than Stern and will even help us get back possesion of the ball in the opponent's half.  I think he will start Scotland wide on the right instead of Wise.  Scotland played wide on the right and left versus Slovenia in the first half, and looked promising.  He can take on defenders and can finish better than most.  I say we play our 4-5-1 for 60 mins...then we shift to our 4-4-2 as I have it above.

The important thing in this match is to concede as little goals(if any) as possible.  We will need to play that tight, committed defending for long periods and den hit dem on dee counter.  T&T needs to frustrate England, and when they get mentally and physically tired, we go to 4-4-2 keep more possesion of dee ball wit latas and company and kill dem wit glen ad jones on top...while wippin in crosses on both sides.

Wa alya tink?

right man!!!put jones to start as a lone striker... ever see him do that?u hadda be smoking sh!t... john definitely starting... kenwyne would make a mess of the chances terry and ferdinand going to give away... the only thing i trust is that boy speed and strength but overall iz more stern... as someone sed yorke and latas aint playing together but i wouldnt mind seeing latas play if we take the lead... and andrews might make a comeback so cyd might as well move back to rightback sancho could go on the left and deal with beckham (or lennon if he start)... if andrews not playing as Beenie supposedly say then sancho could keep his spot but on the left i rather atiba... we need carlos winging on the right whether he have the confidence to ratch his way past defenders to get in the crosses or not... he played good defensively against sweden but he might as well stay up there and help keep ball possession... i doubt scotland starting... besides i believe he's a centre foward... i wouldnt mind seeing glen in that game... im really looking foward to that... i hope he can start so we can score early  ;)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 12:44:16 PM by The_Ice »

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 13, 2006, 12:45:12 PM »
As long as we dont get blown out i'll be happy. Cmon T&T
Hart for president

Offline Trini Babe

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 13, 2006, 02:12:09 PM »
We all know the media like stirring the pot. I agree with Chris........ Yea he is playing for the Soca Warriors and I have a strong feeling he reallly going to score GOAL against England. He just covering in front so he would still be in good steed with folks from England. Chris plays with heart and with the Soca Warriors game against Sweden Chris was all over the field. He's an amazing member of the Soca Warriors.

He says he wouldn't hype it up too much........... that I respect....I agree with those on the forum who says that by respecting England even though it would be one of the proudest moments in his life..... he shows he is A WORLD CLASS ATHLETE by not rubbing it in their faces.  ;)

Chris we're expecting great things from you babe. Goal! ;)     
The Impossible becomes the possible.
If you can dream it you can live it!

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 13, 2006, 02:28:46 PM »
From what I read it seems that at least Me Mum is thinking about scoring and I'm cool with that. If he doesn't celebrate I would understand that too, but as long as he is willing to take the shots that may present themselves I'm fine.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 13, 2006, 02:32:26 PM »
I doh have no problem with that. As long as he score.  ;)

Ah was thinking thee same thing yes! Believe it or not... look on your Tini passport we're still part of England! So it's all good we go jump up for yuh white bretha! :rotfl: :beermug:
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 13, 2006, 03:19:52 PM »
We need to watch this one closely, I guarantee that England will get frustrated and foul and tackle harder. Our boys have to be real cool for this one and not pick any unnecessary cards, let England foul themselves out of the game.

If that is the case somebody please give Cyd a chill pill
Snake in de balliser

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 13, 2006, 03:23:53 PM »
Vybez Kartel better doh bring he stink arse in dis thread.  >:(
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #131 on: June 13, 2006, 03:24:15 PM »
Referee for the Match.

Match No. 19 - ENG v TRI - 15.06.2006 - Nuremberg (GER)
Referee - KAMIKAWA Toru (JPN)
Assistant Referee 1 - HIROSHIMA Yoshikazu (JPN)
Assistant Referee 2 - KIM Dae Young (KOR)
Fourth Official - STOTT Kevin (USA)
Fifth Official - STRICKLAND Chris (USA)
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 13, 2006, 03:24:43 PM »
i understand what he saying, basically he meaning that if he score..he will celebrate but not to the content of something like " running past the england crowd and laughing " or sumthin lke that..u know what stupid people do when they are all hyped up in the game.
A really bad example is one guy spitting on the other teams flag..
He jus means he isnt gonna disrespect England bcuz of course he was born there.

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 13, 2006, 03:27:00 PM »
This article was in our newspaper on 20th may 2006 long before the world cup

"CHRIS BIRCHALL has banned himself from celebrating should he stun England and score for Trindad & Tobago.
The Stafford-born midfielder, 22, is the first Port Vale player to appear in the world Cup finals.
Birchall faces a midfield showdown with Steveb Gerrard and Frank Lampard in Nurenberg on June 15. But he has vowed not to gloat if he spoils Sven Goran Eriksson's farewell party.
Birchall, who qualifies for the Caribbean minnows though his Tindad-born mother, said: "If i score I won't celebrate. I respect England - it's the country where i'm from and I'm very proud about that."

none of us know what he will do if he scores maybe hell decide  but ill tell you sumat if he does score and doesnt celebrate he is no less a trini than dwight yourke u have got to realise england is his country and he is a respectable man he will do what he wants to all you got do is be behing him 110% like he is for you

Iz u really he gyul ...if so post ah pic fuh we nah ... when yuh talk tuh he on de phone tell he dat we behind him ...as long as he score we ain't carew what he do ...
Snake in de balliser

Offline Birchalls_no1fan

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 13, 2006, 03:37:47 PM »
Birchall wants nothing more than to play on thursday so dont give ,e that rubbish that he dont want pay

kappy nah im just his number 1 fan over in england  lol  his gf is very nice though

Come on Soca Warriors get behind ME MUM and support him 100%  cause i certainly will be

im sorry but without birchall you wouldnt be in the World cup   COME ON CHRISSY BOY I LOVE YOU XXX
THERES ONLY ONE CHRIS BIRCHALL

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 13, 2006, 03:43:10 PM »
Birchall wants nothing more than to play on thursday so dont give ,e that rubbish that he dont want pay

kappy nah im just his number 1 fan over in england  lol  his gf is very nice though

Come on Soca Warriors get behind ME MUM and support him 100%  cause i certainly will be

im sorry but without birchall you wouldnt be in the World cup   COME ON CHRISSY BOY I LOVE YOU XXX
yes because we all know it was a one man feat ::) Im not dissing his contribution but thats just dumb.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 13, 2006, 03:45:00 PM »

girl if you know how i fed-up with yuh kakahole comments bout if it wasnt fuh birchall.

yuh know what tell him go out they and play thursday by heself and come back and pm meh de score

stupessssssss
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline WARRIORKING

• Deep into weaponry
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 13, 2006, 03:50:45 PM »
i respect birchall for that.shows he has loyalty!even when in battle.
My lyrical tendency`s equivalent to a critical felony
Precise behind bars like a criminal`s penalty
Pinnacle definitely, hold so much jewels in my miracle memory
It`s like I`m a physical treasury
I was born with a difficult destiny, not your typical mentally
Givin my vision through treacheries

Offline Birchalls_no1fan

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 13, 2006, 03:53:04 PM »
morvant if you have no faith in birchall dont bother supporting him he dont need fans like you

Get behind im 100% hes going out on that pitch against some of his heros and his country and u expect him be calm

what would you do in his position

COME ON SOCA WARIIORS LETS GET BEHIND HIM AND THE BOYS O THURSDAY

Offline essexgirl22

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 13, 2006, 03:53:43 PM »
GOOD LUCK   Warriors for Thursday go out there and show the English and the rest of the world what you all have .........Determaination, Big Hearts & The will to play to the best of your ability and represent this little island(T&T) and by extension the carribbean beautifully.

GOD BLESS
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 03:56:47 PM by essexgirl22 »

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 13, 2006, 03:56:42 PM »
birchallsgirl is right. we wouldnt be here if it wasnt for that bullet against bahrain when we played some poor football in our home ground. that goal saved our asses. so easy futbol and morvant, you all taking reading into things a bit too much. morvant telling her to watch birchy play by himself.  :rotfl: i mean cmon.
Hart for president

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 13, 2006, 03:57:54 PM »
morvant if you have no faith in birchall dont bother supporting him he dont need fans like you

Get behind im 100% hes going out on that pitch against some of his heros and his country and u expect him be calm

what would you do in his position

COME ON SOCA WARIIORS LETS GET BEHIND HIM AND THE BOYS O THURSDAY

hush yuh stink mouth no one man bigger than the team. you telling me bout supporting the team. b4 the game against the peru club whey de arse you was?????????  if yuh wanna support chris and not the team then me and you not on de same page

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 13, 2006, 03:59:13 PM »
YAY JAPAN

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 13, 2006, 04:00:04 PM »
wait.. ??? dont japanese people always like admire english people.. i noe dey do it 2 beckham.. he is like ther god. OH NO BIASED REF lool

Offline Birchalls_no1fan

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 13, 2006, 04:00:21 PM »
id watch chris play on his own lol

i am very happy that trinidad have made birchys dream come true and i will behing chris and THE SOCA WARRIORS 100% ON THURSDAY and your playing against my own country but ill have my trinidad and tobago flag by my side and its been flying high since last saturday   so dont tell me i dont support the rest of the team..

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 13, 2006, 04:02:07 PM »
boy we go beat da side

talk done

now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline tartan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 13, 2006, 04:03:37 PM »
you have nothing to be scared off

as long as the players give they're all you will be fine

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 13, 2006, 04:04:35 PM »
id watch chris play on his own lol

i am very happy that trinidad have made birchys dream come true and i will behing chris and THE SOCA WARRIORS 100% ON THURSDAY and your playing against my own country but ill have my trinidad and tobago flag by my side and its been flying high since last saturday   so dont tell me i dont support the rest of the team..

so tell  me what iz the 3rd string goalkeeper then ???

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 13, 2006, 04:07:46 PM »
I took some notes while watching the England vs Paraguay game.

Englands' Positive;

- Seems to know the ball
- Lampard and Gerrard plays forward first time off the pass from Beckham they don't even attempt to control the ball.
- Hustled a lot in the first 20mins.
- Were trying to go through the middle.

Negatives;

-Played to deep at the back for them trying to play attacking football
- Could not find any forward
- Forwards could not create space or lose their markers
- Owen and Crouch has no idea about one another, thus Owen end up out of position cause Crouch is tactically retarded
- When pressured their paases became erractic and non-directional
- Defense gets desperate when pressure and becomes susceptible to silly mistakes
- For some reason they seem to avoid playin on the left side alot

* To beat England (I think) we need to step and allow them to play back, this is when we press as a team. Careful about the counter.
*If Beckham wants to cross from just over their half let him do it. But we must not allow the mids to get the ball when Beckham bring it over into our half. This is where Rooney and Owen speed will come in cause then the mids splits the defenseand puts Beckham closer to the goal making it more dangerous.  
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 13, 2006, 04:07:50 PM »
haha she doesnt have to know that to support the team! just like all the ppl catching warrior fever right now. its positive support. easy there morvant
Hart for president

1]; } ?>