April 24, 2024, 07:48:29 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs England game (15-June-2006).  (Read 186589 times)

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What the media say Birchall say
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2006, 04:25:07 AM »
the guy has morals,thats very good jus hope he scores

Offline davyjenny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs England game.
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2006, 04:46:06 AM »
allyuh ever hear this before:" challenger go a trottle up" well
that's what will happen on thursday.  :)
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2006, 04:49:45 AM »
A number of years ago, Dennis Law scored a goal for Manchester City, against Manchester United. That goal relegated Man U to what was then the second division.
The City fans went wild because they had consigned their rivals to the second div, but Law was devastated, so much so the manager took him off. Law knew what he had done but his instinct as a footballer was to score the goal. He is still regarded as one of the greatest ever Man United players and the Man United fans respect him for it, the City fans also respect him for not celebrating.

If England are 3-0 up and Birchill scores, I would expect him to celebrate. If he scores the only goal of the game in the last minute, I would expect him to acknowledge the fans and his fellow players and that is all. That is the way it should be.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Scenario for the next set of T&T games.
« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2006, 06:28:17 AM »
As it stands 1.

ENG - 3
TRI - 1
SWE - 1
PAR - 0

ENG 1 v PAR 0
SWE 0 v TRI 0

Next game.

ENG - 6
SWE - 2
PAR - 1
TRI - 1

ENG 1 v TRI 0
SWE 1 v PAR 1

Last game.

ENG 9
TRI - 4
SWE - 2
PAR - 1

PAR 1 v TRI 2
SWE 0 v ENG 2

As it stands 2.

ENG - 3
TRI - 1
SWE - 1
PAR - 0

ENG 1 v PAR 0
SWE 0 v TRI 0

Next game.

ENG - 4
TRI - 2
SWE - 2
PAR - 1

ENG 1 v TRI 1
SWE 1 v PAR 1

Last game.

ENG 7
TRI - 5
SWE - 2
PAR - 1

PAR 1 v TRI 2
SWE 0 v ENG 2

As it stands 3.

ENG - 3
TRI - 1
SWE - 1
PAR - 0

ENG 1 v PAR 0
SWE 0 v TRI 0

Next game.

ENG - 6
SWE - 4
TRI - 1
PAR - 0

ENG 1 v TRI 0
SWE 2 v PAR 1

Last game.

ENG 9
TRI - 4
SWE - 4
PAR - 0

PAR 0 v TRI 2
SWE 0 v ENG 3

As it stands 4.

ENG - 3
TRI - 1
SWE - 1
PAR - 0

ENG 1 v PAR 0
SWE 0 v TRI 0

Next game.

SWE - 4
TRI - 4
ENG - 3
PAR - 0

ENG 0 v TRI 1
SWE 2 v PAR 1

Last game.

TRI - 5
SWE - 5
ENG 3
PAR - 0

PAR 1 v TRI 1
SWE 0 v ENG 0

Off course if we beat England we will be in a much better position and I believe we can beat them we just have to play with the same engergy as we did vs Sweden.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 06:37:05 AM by Flex »

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 13, 2006, 07:01:27 AM »
"WE BELIEVE" They made a monster on Saturday! Right now is fear we strike in England... they belly hurting them! We're like the Oscar Delahoya in this thing and England is the bad ass Mayorga... we'll put them on they back! Stay tuned!
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 13, 2006, 07:06:48 AM »
I doh understand how allyuh men cah see the man point of view. I feeling it for him. I mean,. this is probably the best chance England have of winning the World Cup since 66. Imagine if his goal mean they end up finishing 3rd in the group? Up to 13 months ago the man was probably making plans with his "mates'' to go Germany and men hyped about how good England will do, and now he in a position to break the hearts of the entire nation, his family, friends..everybody...for God alone knows how many years again. That is a real hard situation to be in, especiually after all the euphoria of the draw die down and reality sink in.

You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 13, 2006, 07:10:35 AM »
if we win dis yet
yuh go see madness not even trinis experience yet

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 13, 2006, 07:15:35 AM »
once birchall doh play like he wa england to win and sell guns i cool wit waeva

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 13, 2006, 07:18:32 AM »
allyuh just willing to believe anything.....d english media playing games with allyuh...

please remember that the players and thier families make up our general readership and we would not like them to have 'our' negative thoughts at the back of thier mind............

me mum will do what he has to and that is score goals for trinidad and tobago...if he chooses not to celebrate such an achievement out of respect for the country of his birth that shows the class of a world cup athlete...

iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 13, 2006, 07:22:19 AM »
if we win dis yet

Father if we win this... Leh we boys just pack they bags and all ah we supporters should just roll out from Germany like ah sick go home and start carnival all over again! :rotfl: If we win tha game paps they go mash up Trinidad next thing all ah we have to move to Tobago yes!
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2006, 07:23:25 AM »
allyuh just willing to believe anything.....d english media playing games with allyuh...

please remember that the players and thier families make up our general readership and we would not like them to have 'our' negative thoughts at the back of thier mind............

me mum will do what he has to and that is score goals for trinidad and tobago...if he chooses not to celebrate such an achievement out of respect for the country of his birth that shows the class of a world cup athlete...

very well said.

in fairness, I don't think this is the Enlish media trying to unsteady the TnT team, but this is more to do with the amount of interest there is here in Birchill and the TnT team.

Birchill is doing a video diary for the BBC and has gone from being a not very well known player in the lower leagues, to a household name.

Of course, we will claim that any success TnT has is down to your one Englishman ;)

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 13, 2006, 07:40:46 AM »
England beware, be very afraid!

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 13, 2006, 08:05:24 AM »
Mih boy does play hard, so if he aint wanna celebrate our third goal dat is his business, yeah third Stern and Yorke scoring the first two.

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 13, 2006, 08:06:47 AM »
done know

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 13, 2006, 08:07:43 AM »
boy i eh sure bout stern at all

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 13, 2006, 09:22:33 AM »
y yall r gettin so hot and sweaty about dis topic for? chris is a smart fella, he is only protectin him self for if he scores he don't have to attempt a wine :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 13, 2006, 09:22:36 AM »
if we win dis yet

Father if we win this... Leh we boys just pack they bags and all ah we supporters should just roll out from Germany like ah sick go home and start carnival all over again! :rotfl: If we win tha game paps they go mash up Trinidad next thing all ah we have to move to Tobago yes!

That is what ah say, leave the WC on a high  :rotfl: :beermug:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #107 on: June 13, 2006, 09:25:45 AM »
ENGLAND HAT ANGST VOR DEM NÄCHSTEN GEGNER TRINIDAD UND TOBAGO

ENGLAND IS AFRAID OF THEIR NEXT OPPONENT TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO

That was the heading in the German news today. As I reached home this is what I heard on the TV. then they showed an interview with Beckham with him saying that Trinidad and Tobago is a very good team and they are hoping for every one (showing Rooney on the screen) to be fit and healthy for that game.

HA HA HA FEAR US ENGLAND WE ARE THE SOCA WARRIORS
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 09:27:24 AM by Themanfriday »
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 13, 2006, 09:28:50 AM »
Its just a sign of respect. Remember when Kevin Phillips scored against Sunderland for Villa. He did not celebrate because of what Sunderland had done for him and meant to him for so many years. Of course he was happy to score but he wouldnt rub it in the fans faces.

Offline whistler91

• Full Warrior
  • Love, Respect, Honor
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 13, 2006, 09:38:39 AM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aye guys  i was at  work today and they call a meeting for all de employees (500) it was about de storm coming to jacksonville and before it ended the Mangaing director call my name and said "edmund i would  like to congratulate the soca warriors of Trinidad and Tobago on their tie with sweden they showed alot of heart and displayed  the true meaning of unity".Man yuh talk about me feelin proud ah meh boys and to be a trini ;D

I know wha u talkin bout dread, I went and eat out saturday night self nah, lil celebration fuh wha the warriors do, and well yuh know i in my colours and ting, the judgement waiter watch meh and say, "great performance by the soca warriors. He feel we cud stun england," I tell him "what you have is ah feelin, I know we goin and stun england."

Jus had to share dat, cuz he didn't know we b4, know we now

SOCA WARRIORS!!!!
“There is no force like success, and that is why the individual makes all effort to surround himself throughout life with the evidence of it; as of the individual, so should it be of the nation.”

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 13, 2006, 09:40:28 AM »
De boys jus need to bring the same warrior spirit from the Sweden game. cuz yuh know Beckham and company worryin bout us embarrassing them! Go T&T!!!
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 13, 2006, 09:46:22 AM »
England arent underestimating T&T infact alot of england fanz here are backing t&t after england. So it shud be a good game wif alot of respect.

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 13, 2006, 09:48:03 AM »
Nobody was worrying . Ppl jus showing respect. Jus like if a trini player said we think england are a good team it wouldnt mean they were afraid. Its stupid press. Beckham showing respect. u shud 2.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 13, 2006, 10:07:11 AM »
ENGLAND HAT ANGST VOR DEM NÄCHSTEN GEGNER TRINIDAD UND TOBAGO

ENGLAND IS AFRAID OF THEIR NEXT OPPONENT TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO

That was the heading in the German news today. As I reached home this is what I heard on the TV. then they showed an interview with Beckham with him saying that Trinidad and Tobago is a very good team and they are hoping for every one (showing Rooney on the screen) to be fit and healthy for that game.

HA HA HA FEAR US ENGLAND WE ARE THE SOCA WARRIORS

Is that for real dread? Ah telling alyuh right now we like ah purge no one wants to take...but England will be the frist to hit thee latrine!  :rotfl:

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #114 on: June 13, 2006, 10:28:15 AM »
It's for real I was feelinig so proud ;D
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 13, 2006, 10:59:29 AM »
Some Clarification from his blog:

However, I've been quoted in some newspapers as saying that if I score against England I won't celebrate. What I meant by that is that I won't go over-the-top. I can't say I'm definitely not going to celebrate - you don't know what you'll do if it happens and obviously if I score I will celebrate somehow - but I was saying that I won't disrespect the country that I've grown up in and supported all my life.

In contrast to England, there's absolute no pressure on us on Thursday - we're 1000/1 underdogs to win the World Cup and everyone expects us to get thrashed in every game. In some ways it is brilliant for us, and I think we showed a few people were not just here to make up the numbers. However, I also think people understand how friendly the people from Trinidad are and having seen we're not an aggressive country we're hoping we'll become everyone's second-favourite team.

http://www.4thegame.com/features/feature/190583/the_official_chris_birchall_world_cup_blog.html
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 11:02:10 AM by supporter »
Hart for president

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2006, 11:01:39 AM »
Some Clarificatiob from his blog:

However, I've been quoted in some newspapers as saying that if I score against England I won't celebrate. What I meant by that is that I won't go over-the-top. I can't say I'm definitely not going to celebrate - you don't know what you'll do if it happens and obviously if I score I will celebrate somehow - but I was saying that I won't disrespect the country that I've grown up in and supported all my life.

In contrast to England, there's absolute no pressure on us on Thursday - we're 1000/1 underdogs to win the World Cup and everyone expects us to get thrashed in every game. In some ways it is brilliant for us, and I think we showed a few people were not just here to make up the numbers. However, I also think people understand how friendly the people from Trinidad are and having seen we're not an aggressive country we're hoping we'll become everyone's second-favourite team.

http://www.4thegame.com/features/feature/190583/the_official_chris_birchall_world_cup_blog.html

Good. I have no problem with what he siad whatsoever and I don't think anyone can fault him.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Yellowman

• Jr. Warrior
  • Warrior 4 Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2006, 11:04:56 AM »
The man clarify himself....good enough for me...Give dem hell on Thursday 'Birchie'!!!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 12:42:51 PM by yellowman »
Trinidad & Tobago in the 2006 World Cup Finals?...Impossible Is Nothing...

Offline bluenote492000

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors - T-shirts, Caps, Bags & More
« Reply #118 on: June 13, 2006, 11:29:18 AM »
Gosh it's good to be a Trini now. If only Manning would do the sensible thing and give us the Friday and Tuesday off. If we beat  ewlgland madness go happen in town. GoT&T!! ;D

Offline Birchalls_no1fan

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 13, 2006, 11:34:54 AM »
This article was in our newspaper on 20th may 2006 long before the world cup

"CHRIS BIRCHALL has banned himself from celebrating should he stun England and score for Trindad & Tobago.
The Stafford-born midfielder, 22, is the first Port Vale player to appear in the world Cup finals.
Birchall faces a midfield showdown with Steveb Gerrard and Frank Lampard in Nurenberg on June 15. But he has vowed not to gloat if he spoils Sven Goran Eriksson's farewell party.
Birchall, who qualifies for the Caribbean minnows though his Tindad-born mother, said: "If i score I won't celebrate. I respect England - it's the country where i'm from and I'm very proud about that."

none of us know what he will do if he scores maybe hell decide  but ill tell you sumat if he does score and doesnt celebrate he is no less a trini than dwight yourke u have got to realise england is his country and he is a respectable man he will do what he wants to all you got do is be behing him 110% like he is for you
THERES ONLY ONE CHRIS BIRCHALL

1]; } ?>