March 28, 2024, 01:16:24 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs England game (15-June-2006).  (Read 185398 times)

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Re: What the media say Birchall say
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2006, 03:27:51 PM »
I support Chris Birchall if he doesnt celebrate. Shows he's got real class.  :)

Show he have real sense. You feel he coulda hope to continue playing club football in England? lol Birchall woulda be sweating fuh Jabloteh. I'n go give him wrong if he doh celebrate, as long as he eh brakes from shooting the ball.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ahn Jung-Hwan (born January 27, 1976 in Paju, Gyeonggi) is a South Korean football player; he made world headlines by scoring the winning golden goal for Korea against Italy in the 2002 World Cup second round and sending Korea into the quarter finals.

At the time, Ahn was on loan at Italian league side Perugia. His extra-time header dumped the three-time champions from the World Cup. The next day, Perugia owner Luciano Gaucci was quoted by the Italian daily La Gazzetta dello Sport as saying, "I am not going to pay the salary of a guy who has been the ruin of Italian soccer." Perugia later took back what they said, and offered to outright buy Ahn's contract, but Ahn rejected it saying "I will no longer discuss my transfer to Perugia, which attacked my character instead of congratulating me for a goal in the World Cup   
:rotfl: :rotfl:
Ahn then attempted to secure a permanent move to a European club but failed, and returned to Asia, joining the J. League with Shimizu S-Pulse. After one season there, he moved to another J. League team, Yokohama F Marinos. After this successful spell in Japan, he returned to Europe to play for French team FC Metz in July 2005.

Prior to moving to Europe, Ahn played in the K-League with Daewoo Royals, now known as Busan I'Park.

On the 16th of January 2006 Ahn was invited to train with Blackburn Rovers but twice failed to show up.

In February 2006 he secured a 17-month deal with MSV Duisburg in Germany. However, Ahn is currently linked with a move to Hearts of SPL and several other European teams.[1] [2]

Ahn is married to former Ms. Korea, Lee Hye-Won.

I know Ahn wasnt Italian By Blood but it goes to show even scoring against england is a danger for Birchall   :rotfl:

Offline PortValeChris

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2006, 03:28:10 PM »
If Birchall does score against england I bet you he will be over the moon.  How can he not be?
PortValeChris  AKA The Former TVV from onevalefan. 

Port Vale  We want ah goal!!

To market, to market, with my uncle Jim
Somebody threw a tomato at him
Now, Tomatoes don't hurt with their soft juicy skin
But this one it knackered, 'cause it come in a tin

Offline PortValeChris

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2006, 03:32:09 PM »
If Birchall does score against england I bet you he will be over the moon.  How can he not be?
PortValeChris  AKA The Former TVV from onevalefan. 

Port Vale  We want ah goal!!

To market, to market, with my uncle Jim
Somebody threw a tomato at him
Now, Tomatoes don't hurt with their soft juicy skin
But this one it knackered, 'cause it come in a tin

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2006, 03:32:27 PM »
Allyuh ...PLEASE PLEASE STOP DIS TALK .....if dem fellas get wind ah dis is more pressure on Me Mum ... lets not aid the British media with their attempts to de-rail our team ... Please ...
Snake in de balliser

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs England game.
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2006, 03:33:18 PM »
Make us very proud again, and continue to build on dat outstanding performance on Saturday. Mr Leo ah always respect de decisions yuh make with de team, but ah waiting patiently fuh de magician (Latapy) tuh make his appearance at de world cup. BLESS.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2006, 03:33:49 PM »
I support Chris Birchall if he doesnt celebrate. Shows he's got real class. :)
I have to disagree with you IF, Birchall did make those statements. Afterall it was him who said that was the draw he wanted. He should of just say that he did not want to play against England. To me, not celebrating is tantamount to being annoyed that you score. I have never seen anyone score a WC goal who dont celebrate like dey going mad!!! A WC is a very rare thing.

tough to make that call when you have never had to face that situation.

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2006, 03:35:07 PM »
I do not respect these comments by Birchall, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. Birchall sounding like even he plays too good he will be 'disrespting England'. It might be easier for him if he is on the bench on Thursday. He cant do much disrespecting from there! Football is a team sport, not about individuals.

So if another one of we players score, Birchall eh go celebrate too! Or will he celebrate when they score against us!

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2006, 03:45:16 PM »
altho i understand this is pretty commonplace in english football, I still DONT LIKE these comments. im sorry, i understand it, but im a fan of tnt and if u score for them, then you celebrate. you do not play for england, so who cares? just play.

point is, this is the frickin world cup. if you score against england, that would be amazing, and highly unlikely. so raise your hand and acknowledge the team's hard work to score a goal against a top footballing nation. too much sensitive PC crap nowadays. its like he dissin tnt if its true.

behind de bridge comments right above are good. if he feels playing good agst england is disrespecting them then we could have a problem, and maybe its best he watch
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 03:50:47 PM by supporter »
Hart for president

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2006, 03:51:40 PM »
altho i understand this is pretty commonplace in english football, I still DONT LIKE these comments. im sorry, i understand it, but im a fan of tnt and if u score for them, then you celebrate. you do not play for england, so who cares? just play.

point is, this is the frickin world cup. if you score against england, that would be amazing, and highly unlikely. so raise your hand and acknowledge the team's hard work to score a goal against a top footballing nation. too much sensitive PC crap nowadays. its like he dissin tnt if its true.

behind de bridge comments right above are good. if he feels playing good agst england is disrespecting them then we could have a problem

So You If You got called up for the Yanks and TNT didnt want you can you scored at Hasley Crawford you would go mad? Wow, yuh brave boi :rotfl:

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2006, 03:55:05 PM »
its a diff situation. tnt playing football powerhouse like england, scoring a goal alone would be an accomplishment, and this is WC
Hart for president

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2006, 03:55:45 PM »
this board real easy to rile up boy......

Let's suppose the U.S. team had a T&T born & raised player who publicly said that he would not celebrate if he scored against T&T as a sign of respect for the place of his birth.......something tells me we'd find a way to understand it.......

ah lie ?? Try looking at it from another perspective before yuh wet up yuh g-strings nah fellas.....

everyone chill out.  :beermug:

modification- Carib Briton beat meh to the punch. great minds think alike  ;D
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 03:57:38 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2006, 03:57:28 PM »
kicker, you say chill out for every debate this board has ever had. Read my post again. I understand it, but i dont have to like it or completely agree with it
Hart for president

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2006, 03:58:17 PM »
kicker, you say chill out for every debate this board has ever had. Read my post again. I understand it, but i dont have to like it or completely agree with it

lawd !

I wasn't speaking directly to you.........and I never dis your opinion. I just don't think we have to get all hot and sweaty about it- just my opinion..

One of the worst things you could ever tell a girl is "relax"....I assumed you were a fella

cheers :beermug:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 04:00:07 PM by kicker »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: Thread for the T&T vs England game.
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2006, 04:00:35 PM »
England 0 T&T 1 (Stern John)

Offline essexgirl22

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2006, 04:02:25 PM »
Think the repopters making trouble again...........dont give a dam who score and who celebrate as long as we hold our own against England we really dont have to get in tizz about it people know the old saying stick and stones............

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2006, 04:04:51 PM »
i fine birchall shuldnt play or start against England
1.)Aurtis does a better job alongside Yorke
2.)He is a England supporter....nuff said

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2006, 04:06:22 PM »
Regardless of whatever happens it doesnt make birchall less and TNT player he was there during the quals and hes there now and he was a big player.
Andy Johnson when he was at palace never celebrated again Birmingham once because they were the once that made his career begin, he did celebrate once but once he realised he was running towards the Birmingham fans he turned around and stop celebrating, and this is a man in Crystal Palace's all time XI.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2006, 04:06:52 PM »
in the end youre right anyway kicker. i think i got worked up originally cos i equated not wanting to celebrate a goal with not wanting to score a goal/perform well. im sure birchall will be over the moon inside like PVChris said.

and im sure he will be going all out to ensure we do as best as possible. i just dont want him to not celebrate an accomplishment like doing well against england as it would not be respectful to his teammates also.
Hart for president

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2006, 04:08:41 PM »
in the end youre right anyway kicker. i think i got worked up originally cos i equated not wanting to celebrate a goal with not wanting to score a goal/perform well. im sure birchall will be over the moon inside like PVChris said.

and im sure he will be going all out to ensure we do as best as possible. i just dont want him to not celebrate an accomplishment like doing well against england as it would not be respectful to his teammates also.
I agree with your post, but im sure his teamates would understand if he didnt celebrate.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2006, 04:11:26 PM »

yeah it's tough to imagine him not naturally celebrating if he did score...I think it will take a conscious effort on his part to not celebrate (because he will be thrilled).........and yes you're correct, the major concern is whether or not his feelings about celebrating are related to his attitude in the game. I hope not....and I believe not as well.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2006, 04:11:42 PM »
this board real easy to rile up boy......

Let's suppose the U.S. team had a T&T born & raised player who publicly said that he would not celebrate if he scored against T&T as a sign of respect for the place of his birth.......something tells me we'd find a way to understand it.......

ah lie ?? Try looking at it from another perspective before yuh wet up yuh g-strings nah fellas.....

everyone chill out.  :beermug:

modification- Carib Briton beat meh to the punch. great minds think alike  ;D

I could empathise with Birchall. As I said before, I wouldn't give him wrong he he doesn't want to celebrate, but he better still take his shots if the opportunity arises. I think he should look at it this way "England didn't want me, TnT did, so suck salt fuh England -- BULLET!!" If I were in his situation, that would have been the only way I would have got through that match. he should also look at it in term of his personal advancement, maybe moe clubs may start looking at him or something if he performs well against England. Ah wonder who his father would support?  ???
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2006, 04:15:28 PM »

yeah it's tough to imagine him not naturally celebrating if he did score...I think it will take a conscious effort on his part to not celebrate (because he will be thrilled).........and yes you're correct, the major concern is whether or not his feelings about celebrating are related to his attitude in the game. I hope not....and I believe not as well.
If he scores, really all im bothered about is certain thugs trying to attack the family verbally or physically sometime people get stupid, I remember when Alan Smith moved to man u from leeds and stupid fans smashed up a house they THOUGHT was his.

Offline rasajoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2006, 04:15:55 PM »
STOP THIS KIND OF TALK PLEASE

SO WHAT? BIRCHALL HAS ALREADY PROVEN HIMSELF FOR THIS TEAM AND HE WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO

OKAY  :angel:

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2006, 04:17:58 PM »
He won"t have to celebrate ,the six men on he back will do it for him ;D.
The comments not to cool ,but he say"If I score"so he have no problem scoring ,hopefully.He
probaly just brakesing from big stone on galvanize lol.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Starting 11 for Thursday
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2006, 04:27:20 PM »
                                           Shaka

Edwards          Sancho       Tallest          Gray
                                    Birchall   Whitley   
              Glenn                    Latapy             Samuel

Jones                   

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Starting 11 for Thursday
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2006, 04:31:52 PM »
LOL yea right lol no Yorke no John espcially against England  :rotfl: 

Offline torontotrini

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Listen all you Trini warriors we are not out of the park yet. We played a hell of a game and got a point but if you celebrate now we will forget are future goals.  Look at what England did to Paraguay
in the first 15 minutes. We can't back down now it is are one and only chance to make a statement to the world that we are true warriors especially since England is next. In Englands history of world cup and European cup finals, England is kn owned to strike in the first half and attempted to get a goal if Trinidad can contain them and hold the line like they did to the Swed's we may have a chance to not just defend but attack at there most vulnerable moments. England has played a whole season and are battared. STEP UPP SOCA WARRIORS AND WE CAN KEEP MAKING HISTORY. When I say this I know Mr. Beenhakker knows what to do. I am just the little guy in T.O. Canada who loves my background and looking in and hoping for the glory you all are working so hard for don't stop proving the world wrong!!!

Go warriors Go

P.S.  Speed  and fancy foot talent is the key to go around The blast and cunning of England

KEEP THE VIBE FOREVER ALIVE T&T TO DEE BONE BOY!!!!!!!!!!! :devil: :beermug:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2006, 04:42:20 PM »

U doh undastand!
the english will kno Yorkes Style of play most...esp after training with him
so putting Latas instead of Yorke will confused dem

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2006, 04:45:04 PM »

U doh undastand!
the english will kno Yorkes Style of play most...esp after training with him
so putting Latas instead of Yorke will confused dem

Warrior yuh sound like a coach ... that is exactly how i feel ... Yorke might hatta get sit out this one ... not sure bout Latas doh ... maybe Me MuM ... or Wise ... In Beenie We Trust
Snake in de balliser

1]; } ?>