March 28, 2024, 01:44:47 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs England game (15-June-2006).  (Read 185399 times)

Offline BlazinTrini

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
England didn't do anything to Paraguay....Paraguay scored on their own net

Offline triniwings

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs England game.
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2006, 04:52:55 PM »
dis is my opinion

1st half:

Shaka

Sancho                  Giraffe   

Carlos                                                                             Gray

Birchall                    Whitley

Scotland                                   Yorke                                  Samuel

Kenwyne       

2nd half:(last 20 mins)

Shaka

Carlos                                                                             Gray

Yorke                   

Scotland                                                                           Samuel

Latapy

Jones                              Glen

Subs:
Out: Birchall       In: Latapy(60th minute)
Out: Whitley     In: Glen(70th minute)

I think Kenwyne has almost the same amount of close control as Stern for takin down long balls.  He is strong, fit, and most of all has more desire and hunger.  He will be more effective on top on his own than Stern and will even help us get back possesion of the ball in the opponent's half.  I think he will start Scotland wide on the right instead of Wise.  Scotland played wide on the right and left versus Slovenia in the first half, and looked promising.  He can take on defenders and can finish better than most.  I say we play our 4-5-1 for 60 mins...then we shift to our 4-4-2 as I have it above.

The important thing in this match is to concede as little goals(if any) as possible.  We will need to play that tight, committed defending for long periods and den hit dem on dee counter.  T&T needs to frustrate England, and when they get mentally and physically tired, we go to 4-4-2 keep more possesion of dee ball wit latas and company and kill dem wit glen ad jones on top...while wippin in crosses on both sides.

Wa alya tink?

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
England didn't do anything to Paraguay....Paraguay scored on their own net
True. And we're the fans, it's not up to us to settle down and focus, it's up to the players, and I'm sure they are professional enough to have already done this.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Joe Cole relish Shaka Hislop clash.
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2006, 04:55:29 PM »
Joe Cole relish Shaka Hislop clash.
By: Phil McNulty (BBC).
[/size]

Cole is ready to come up against one of his early mentors when he faces Trinidad and Tobago's West Ham keeper Shaka Hislop.
He said: "I know Shaka well. Shaka was a diamond for me when I was coming through at West Ham. He used to look after me a lot. He was the top man.
"If you ask anyone in football about Shaka they will tell you he is a great guy.
"He made me feel welcome when I first joined the first team squad. I was pleased for him because he had a great game against Sweden.
"It's great for him. He has had a long career and to go to the World Cup and play like that for your country is marvellous."
Meanwhile, Joe Cole is confident he is finally ready to make the transition from boy wonder to World Cup match-winner.
Cole was tipped for stardom from his early teens at West Ham, and is now fulfilling his potential for Chelsea and England.
He said ahead of Thursday's game with Trinidad and Tobago: "I have had to learn everything in the public eye under the scrutiny of everyone.
"But I never lost faith that I would eventually play at a World Cup."
The 24-year-old added: "There have always been expectations on me from a young age.
"People wanted me to be a world-class player when I was 17 or 18 years old.
"When I look back at how I was then, I was a stone lighter than I am now. I was basically still a boy and I had lots to learn in the game.
"I have had a lot of criticism, but I have always had faith in my ability and always, whatever has happened, just trained hard and tried to get better.
"And here I am. I am at the World Cup now and I just want to do something special, and hope the team can do something special.
"I listen to people like Jose Mourinho, Sven-Goran Eriksson, Glenn Roeder. People who I feel I can learn from.
"In football you can't please everyone and all you can do is learn from the people who you can think can make you better."
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What the media say Birchall say
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2006, 04:55:59 PM »
once Birchall in a TNT SOCA WARRIORS uniform, lace up he boots, head out on the field, sing the anthem, on de starting eleven or come off the benck an score an choose not to celebrate against England for whatever reason will have no impact on one point three million plus trini's world wide at that point in time.

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2006, 04:58:03 PM »
Anybody have de orginal article or posting of what Me Mum actually said .. if he said "if i score" ...thats good ... but by now he know how to get on with playing football ... although this puts him in an od spot ... hopefully he and the rest of the team will get intrest from other european clubs and move on from there ....
Snake in de balliser

Offline BlazinTrini

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2006, 05:02:05 PM »
What did England play a whole season of? I would like to know

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2006, 05:04:35 PM »
dis is my opinion

1st half:

Shaka

Birchall                    Whitley

Scotland                                   Yorke                                  Samuel

Kenwyne       

2nd half:(last 20 mins)

Shaka

Yorke                   

Scotland                                                                           Samuel

Latapy

Jones                              Glen

Subs:
Out: Birchall       In: Latapy(60th minute)
Out: Whitley     In: Glen(70th minute)

I think Kenwyne has almost the same amount of close control as Stern for takin down long balls.  He is strong, fit, and most of all has more desire and hunger.  He will be more effective on top on his own than Stern and will even help us get back possesion of the ball in the opponent's half.  I think he will start Scotland wide on the right instead of Wise.  Scotland played wide on the right and left versus Slovenia in the first half, and looked promising.  He can take on defenders and can finish better than most.  I say we play our 4-5-1 for 60 mins...then we shift to our 4-4-2 as I have it above.

The important thing in this match is to concede as little goals(if any) as possible.  We will need to play that tight, committed defending for long periods and den hit dem on dee counter.  T&T needs to frustrate England, and when they get mentally and physically tired, we go to 4-4-2 keep more possesion of dee ball wit latas and company and kill dem wit glen ad jones on top...while wippin in crosses on both sides.

Wa alya tink?

Beenie wont put LAtas and Yorke on the same pitch at the same time...so that sub. is out of the question.
I doh like Scotland being on the right wing....he is far from a winger..i just see him as a striker..no more...he is not a forward, so he cah play dat position...leave dat to eider Glen or even Birchall

Other than that...that is the most likely squad..

Offline trini_chris

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rooney might be back against T&T
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2006, 05:05:05 PM »
4 his sake it's not a wise decision 2 rush him. he could get rel mash up :devil: :devil:
d original WARRIOR PRINCESS. win or lose i am a FIGHTER.

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
Re: Rooney might be back against T&T
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2006, 05:09:25 PM »
4 his sake it's not a wise decision 2 rush him. he could get rel mash up :devil: :devil:

Ah wish Avery was playing this game. Rooney wouldn't a last 10 minutes on da field. Doe worry tho. A nex warrior go bless him up...
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline whistler91

• Full Warrior
  • Love, Respect, Honor
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2006, 05:10:10 PM »
I believe that our team will continue to make us very proud, I know england going to get the upset of their lives. We have played a great first game, and those boys would have gathered the confidence needed to face england. Lets go SOICA WARRIORS

Team.......check

Supporters....Check

Confidence......Check

Victory........... CHECK

GO SOCA WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
“There is no force like success, and that is why the individual makes all effort to surround himself throughout life with the evidence of it; as of the individual, so should it be of the nation.”

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Rooney Poised for Trinidad Return
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2006, 05:16:09 PM »
Well yes. He anxious to come back. Blade de youth man jus so???  :devil:
Cyd have someting waitin fuh yuh.......a nice trini 3 line blade.........fortified by dasheen.....yuh go wish yuh did keep yuh ass quiet til second rounds.

Now..........yuh seeing where england weakness is. My opinion is this. Crouch and Owen when isolated from their midfield are starved as they need service more than anything. Rooney is their only striker when starved drops in deep to get ball.........and tackles like a defender to boot. Their midfield while boasting of a decent degree of attacking strength......lacks a proven ball winner. Now.....if rooney doh start............and we strangle dey midfield...................he might get a run in second half. All this depends on Englands attitude towards us...........one of overconfidence..........or one of leaving nothing to chance.

Actually ... and i don't want to sound like ah bustin on yuh but ...Crouch comes back for the ball more than Owen ... and Gerrard is a proven ball winner for club and country ... their real weakness is that when both Gerrard and Lampard are on the field they seem to both push up leaving a gap between the defense and the middle ... after the show against Sweden they will take us more seriuosly and will be a bit more cautious and deliberate in their approach ... meaning that Yorke and Me Mum will get alot of pressure ... but if we have Whitley with them in the middle we should be fine ...also wwe need too strikers as Terry and Rio are s**t snakes ... i don't say this often but Stren will have a field day against them ...but only if we play with an additional striker ...Glenn or Jones ... but anyways ... Beenie have a plan  .... In Beenie We Trust
Snake in de balliser

Offline trini_chris

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2006, 05:33:55 PM »
chris boy u have my support all d way. i know ur a tru soca warrior

Offline trini_chris

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2006, 05:41:51 PM »
GO WARRIORS GO. BEAT ENGLAND

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2006, 05:46:39 PM »
OK. Taking an excerpt from the quote at http://www.todayonline.com/articles/123970.asp, it says:

"I respect England - it's the country where I'm from. On the off chance I score against them, I won't disrespect England by celebrating."

I have no problem at all with his statement. I think we should ask the question: What would we do in his place?

It's a tough dilemma to be in.

Offline Trini in FL

• New Warrior
  • Small Country BIG Passion!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2006, 05:49:35 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aye guys  i was at  work today and they call a meeting for all de employees (500) it was about de storm coming to jacksonville and before it ended the Mangaing director call my name and said "edmund i would  like to congratulate the soca warriors of Trinidad and Tobago on their tie with sweden they showed alot of heart and displayed  the true meaning of unity".Man yuh talk about me feelin proud ah meh boys and to be a trini ;D

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2006, 05:57:03 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aye guys  i was at  work today and they call a meeting for all de employees (500) it was about de storm coming to jacksonville and before it ended the Mangaing director call my name and said "edmund i would  like to congratulate the soca warriors of Trinidad and Tobago on their tie with sweden they showed alot of heart and displayed  the true meaning of unity".Man yuh talk about me feelin proud ah meh boys and to be a trini ;D
yuh feel like ah new schilling.lol.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fitness is one of warriors greatest assets...............
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2006, 06:08:24 PM »
We were able to keep up with sweden,because of some serious fitness and heart,we definitely dug deep and pulled it off..........   

Offline Trini in FL

• New Warrior
  • Small Country BIG Passion!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2006, 06:12:48 PM »
yuh feel like ah new schilling.lol.
yeah boy tears was in meh eyes :'( ;D

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2006, 06:14:16 PM »
when "ME MUM" SCores..we will celebrate for him!!! :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Starting 11 for Thursday
« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2006, 07:24:45 PM »
LOL yea right lol no Yorke no John espcially against England  :rotfl: 

U doh undastand!
the english will kno Yorkes Style of play most...esp after training with him
so putting Latas instead of Yorke will confused dem

you of course realise with this thought pattern we wont see ronaldinho, henri, Messi, zidane etc ???
i think maybe you want to ask yourself whether leaving out your best player...according to FIFA .. is a wise move !
If youir answer to that is yes then I say drain the last drop ...

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2006, 07:54:44 PM »

I think Kenwyne has almost the same amount of close control as Stern for takin down long balls. He is strong, fit, and most of all has more desire and hunger. He will be more effective on top on his own than Stern and will even help us get back possesion of the ball in the opponent's half. I think he will start Scotland wide on the right instead of Wise. Scotland played wide on the right and left versus Slovenia in the first half, and looked promising. He can take on defenders and can finish better than most. I say we play our 4-5-1 for 60 mins...then we shift to our 4-4-2 as I have it above.

Wa alya tink?

When have you ever seen Jones control a ball in the air better than Stern ? Jones is fast and strong but ball control is not one of his strengths.
When have you ever seen Jones play a lone striker role under this coach? I can't ever remember him playing as the lone striker and he definately won't be debuting in that position against England.

Offline croc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2006, 08:08:57 PM »
T&t will be very confident  now and that is 90%on the way to winning a game...anyway ah hope it is about 40 degrees on match day ...watch dem Englishmen hit de turf in the heat...bless.

Offline SweetParkie

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2006, 08:44:25 PM »
I don't know if Birchall say that or not... ??? We have to understand we in another league now and this can all be an attempt to influence the coach not to let Chris play on Thursday or play with his (Chris)mind. As, it is well know he can score for us!...so why not make an issue where there is none.

I want Chris to start on Thursday, why? because he deserve to and if the coach senses some failing on his part, he can always sub him...no problem.
If Chris did make that comment, I can understand to some extent, but I am sure the comment was taken out of context! The man was born in England, lives in England and for most of his life, wanted to play in the World Cup...but never thought it would be with T&T...yuh think if he score, he wouldn't feel happy for the opportunity? England have their stars and this can open doors for him...so I think he will play his heart off. But the man peers must be giving him ole talk.

Let just stick together, and mash England up on Thursday!!!
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy!

Trinidadians unite and respect each other!!!

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2006, 09:08:16 PM »
once Birchall in a TNT SOCA WARRIORS uniform, lace up he boots, head out on the field, sing the anthem, on de starting eleven or come off the benck an score an choose not to celebrate against England for whatever reason will have no impact on one point three million plus trini's world wide at that point in time.

Well said   ;D
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline in dey pwefen!

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2006, 10:30:38 PM »
IN DEY PWEFE :rotfl:N!!!  NO RESPITE.

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2006, 11:32:58 PM »
Look, Birchal deserve a big contract, he will definitely want to impress the managers in England and around the world looking on, forget country, his career alone is enough reason for him to want to jam some goal on England!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 11:48:51 PM by whayuhsay »

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 12, 2006, 11:37:10 PM »
If dat man score against England and a winning goal at dat, yuh know he cyah live there anymore.  Dem football hooligans go call him traitor and make life dangerous and miserable fuh he and he family.

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2006, 11:50:26 PM »
Interesting, forgot 'bout dem hooligans, something for him to ponder...

If dat man score against England and a winning goal at dat, yuh know he cyah live there anymore.  Dem football hooligans go call him traitor and make life dangerous and miserable fuh he and he family.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2006, 04:21:09 AM »
Trust me
He is going to be so pumped up for this game,that to say he would not celebrate is like putting the cart before the horse,man this is his dream come through,in more ways than one,did he ever think he would play in a world cup...no,then cam Lawrence and his dream began,yet that dream seem so far away as the candle flickered and our hopes of even qualifying seem so remote,he scored a vital goal for us on this journey and so we qualified,then came the draw he by his own addmission was overjoyed to know that we had England in our group,so he has a chance to strut his stuff before his own contrymen,man I would be very surprised if he did not celebrate,I would say this much he would be so pumped up that,that celebration would come out of him and he would be surprised that he did... ;D

1]; } ?>