April 27, 2024, 09:20:03 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs England game (15-June-2006).  (Read 186990 times)

Offline Birchalls_no1fan

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What the media say Birchall say
« Reply #150 on: June 13, 2006, 04:08:52 PM »
what does he mean by that ??   soca warriors ahve 5 goalkeepers
THERES ONLY ONE CHRIS BIRCHALL

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 13, 2006, 04:10:25 PM »
what does he mean by that ??   soca warriors ahve 5 goalkeepers

judge the prosecution rests, the witness may now be called off the stand
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Birchalls_no1fan

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 13, 2006, 04:18:40 PM »
oh u cant get me now can you i told you the 3rd goalie nething else you want ask me

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 13, 2006, 04:25:07 PM »
I have alot of respect for Chris, because he really didnt need to travel 3,000 miles and play for a country he never even visited before. But he stuck to his roots, and chose to represent us. And I admire what he is saying by not going over the top in celebrating. He is English, with Trinidad parentatge, and he's playing the country of his birth and against his heroes. I am 100% sure he will enjoy it, and love every moment of the world cup. I just hope, that if he scores the winner, there will not be a silly retribution back in the UK. i support all our warriors, and i want them to beat England so we can have a chance of progessing. But if we see another performance like the sweden match, I'll be delighted.

Offline Birchalls_no1fan

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 13, 2006, 04:27:15 PM »
i agree with you there uk soca warrior let him enjoy it   not everyone can say they play against there own country they were born in lol

i may have not been a fan until birchall joined you but for the last year i have been 100% behind you

Offline paddy

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs England game.
« Reply #155 on: June 13, 2006, 05:48:38 PM »
Trinis have just seen off one of the strongest strike forces in the competition.... larsson ljunberg ibramivovic...   beenie and  the boys know wht they are doing. We believe.

T&T   T&T all the way !!!  GO SOCA WARRIORS !!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 05:52:06 PM by paddy »

Offline shivadee

• Full Warrior
  • There is only ONE number 7. And its worn in Trini
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 13, 2006, 05:53:12 PM »
We play like we played against Sweeden, and they play like they did against Paraguay (even with Rooney)...England in for a shock. I standing strong with our team
The same words i say in the last match.....over and over till i get hoarse.....JAM DEM!! JAM DEM!!!

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 13, 2006, 06:06:22 PM »
look my line up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                   Shaka

Gray     Lawrence    Sancho   

Edwards                                            Wise           

Whitley     Birchall     

Yorke

S. John     Glen

GO WARRIORS.....BEAT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 13, 2006, 06:44:01 PM »
Imagine our strongest aspect is our defence (keeper included).  Once we keep England from scoring early we will have a great chance to pull off some kinda upset.  They will get frustrated just like sweden.  If england score early like they did against paraguay they will close up shop and sit back for the rest of the game.  Once they do that it will be extremely tough for us because there is no creativity in midfield if latas and whitley are not playing.

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 13, 2006, 07:06:34 PM »
I took some notes while watching the England vs Paraguay game.

Englands' Positive;

- Seems to know the ball
- Lampard and Gerrard plays forward first time off the pass from Beckham they don't even attempt to control the ball.
- Hustled a lot in the first 20mins.
- Were trying to go through the middle.

Negatives;

-Played to deep at the back for them trying to play attacking football
- Could not find any forward
- Forwards could not create space or lose their markers
- Owen and Crouch has no idea about one another, thus Owen end up out of position cause Crouch is tactically retarded
- When pressured their paases became erractic and non-directional
- Defense gets desperate when pressure and becomes susceptible to silly mistakes
- For some reason they seem to avoid playin on the left side alot

* To beat England (I think) we need to step and allow them to play back, this is when we press as a team. Careful about the counter.
*If Beckham wants to cross from just over their half let him do it. But we must not allow the mids to get the ball when Beckham bring it over into our half. This is where Rooney and Owen speed will come in cause then the mids splits the defenseand puts Beckham closer to the goal making it more dangerous. 

i disagree...we need to play for possession and slow down the game..cuz england will be happy if we keep on attacking ,they will ust get more chances on the counter

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 13, 2006, 07:19:35 PM »
In my opinion, if we strangle their midfield they wouldnt have any chance...given crouch and owen lack of ability to do anything without any service. If however rooney plays.....we know he drops back to bring the ball up. Whitley and Birchall hadda shut down lampard and gerrard.....carlos hadda deal with joe cole.....and i eh too sure bout beckham marker.....but should be easy. Why?? he not really that capable of taking on a defender....not all that fast...just incredibly fit......and not really sensible with tackling. In addition...to be able to launch those killer long balls that make him famous...he has to knock it about 2-3 feet infront of him to send it in. If a defender aggressively stays on him and gives him no space he would be almost in effective. Plus....if beckham hadda handle somebody with collin samuel pace on that wing.....he eh go have time to send no long passes. If de rooney factor comes into play......someone who aggressive and fast go hadda be he designated marker......cyd grey immediately comes to mind. It go be interesting to see how this pan out given the left back vacancy.....but.......i of the opinion of having carlos in the right back.....and using wise or scotland.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline davyjenny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 13, 2006, 07:51:13 PM »

“You know from watching football in England how many times a team from a lower division beats a Premiership side in a cup competition,” Beenhakker said. “Even the big nations must keep their feet on the ground, because there are no small teams anymore.”

beenhakker's got all the words these days.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 13, 2006, 08:08:40 PM »
if we win dis yet
yuh go see madness not even trinis experience yet

Father if we win this... Leh we boys just pack they bags and all ah we supporters should just roll out from Germany like ah sick go home and start carnival all over again! :rotfl: If we win tha game paps they go mash up Trinidad next thing all ah we have to move to Tobago yes!
Alll yuh forget Dwight Yorke and Cyd Gray from Tobago.  We might all have to go and take England to live in when we wina as Tobago might get mash up too.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Starting 11 for Thursday
« Reply #163 on: June 13, 2006, 08:11:28 PM »
                                           Shaka

Edwards          Sancho       Tallest          Gray
                                    Birchall   Whitley   
              Glenn                    Latapy             Samuel

Jones                   

You start drinking and the game ent start yet?  No Yorke, no John? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 13, 2006, 09:20:21 PM »
look my line up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                   Shaka

Whitley     Birchall     

Yorke

S. John     Glen

i could live with this just make room for latas and possibly k jones for 2nd half i'd be happy to see this combo play even if it dosent work out, i think its a good line up. then who am i really in beanie we trust

Offline WARRIORKING

• Deep into weaponry
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 14, 2006, 12:10:26 AM »
go T&T! playing good defense is one thing but we need to attack a little more cause if u leave england to keep possesion and attack eventually they will find a hole in the defense .so we need to show more confidence in our attack.go warriors!!!

SOMEBODY SEND BEENIE THE MEMO THAT HE NEED TO START CORNELL GLEN CAUSE HE LIKES TO ATTACK !

My lyrical tendency`s equivalent to a critical felony
Precise behind bars like a criminal`s penalty
Pinnacle definitely, hold so much jewels in my miracle memory
It`s like I`m a physical treasury
I was born with a difficult destiny, not your typical mentally
Givin my vision through treacheries

Offline raj

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Scouting the English team
« Reply #166 on: June 14, 2006, 12:38:26 AM »
Defense:

John Terry and Rio Ferdinand are the mainstays of that defense but Neville and Ashley Cole could be liabilities defensively.
We need to work the flanks and pressure their wingbacks into defending instead of them overlapping :devil: :beermug: :angel:apping.
Kenwyne Jones is the man to do this!!!!!
Midfield:

Lampard, Cole ,Gerrard and Beckham make this one of the best in the world. The midfiled matchup will determine the result of this game.
Theobald will struggle against these type of players because they are very physical and skillful. We need Whitley and Birchall to be very physical with Lampard and Gerrard. We must shut them dowm and do not allow them shots on goal.

Forwards:
This is England's achilles heel. Without a fit Owen and Rooney they are a shadow of themselves. We have to get real physical with Crouch. They are superior to us with the dead ball situation so we cannot give away too many free kicks.

In conclusion, we have to close down the passing lanes and force them to make lateral passes instead of forward. The English team appear to not be playing as a team now. Now may be the best time to play them- I personally feel that Beenhakker is a SUPERIOR coach to ERICKSON.

Offline marcel

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Scouting the English team
« Reply #167 on: June 14, 2006, 01:03:56 AM »

i think the best thing to do is keep 5 man in midfield and make the field small.
dont let them have easy possession there
owen is dangerous when he has a long field and can run,dont let him
rooney does not play,crouch is not that big a problem
the defence is the weak spot,so maybe a sort of trick that leo pulled against sweden can work here allso in the last 30/20 minutes.
motivation is not a problem i hope,so eveybody keeps on the skin of their opponent.that will make them hurrie,and will give t&t possession.
i give t&t a good chance to win

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 14, 2006, 02:42:21 AM »
Aye mih eh care who not celebrating, who from England, who feel dey mighten play good etc. etc. etc.

As long as England get a cut arse and/or TnT put down another performance like Saturday I good....

GO SOCA WARRIORS!!!....give dem goal, give dem goal!!!!....

:beermug: :beermug: :)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 14, 2006, 06:10:33 AM »
Vybez Kartel better doh bring he stink arse in dis thread.  >:(

Dem men woulda never post that shit in here...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 14, 2006, 06:19:37 AM »
look my line up

Shaka

Whitley     Birchall     

Yorke

S. John     Glen

I like the line up,not sure bout the exact formation, but that is the 11 that I want to start........so email this to Beenie let we see wah he say  ; I could definately work with this

I AM A flicking SOCA WARRIOR..WE GOING DO DONE THEN ENGLISH wankers ;D ( that is my office chant for me english bredren) he does crcak up for that :beermug:

Offline vpersad

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 14, 2006, 06:23:08 AM »
GOOD LUCK SOCA WARRIORS!! WE CAN DO THIS!! YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN OUTSTANDING AND I HAVE NO DOUBT IN MY MIND WE CAN DEFEAT ENGLAND!!! YOU HAVE THE ENTIRE WORLD OF TRINIS SUPPORTING YOU AND WE ARE ALL PRAYING FOR YOU...WORDS CANT EXPRESS HOW PROUD WE ARE OF YOU GUYS. EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY DAY I REPRESENT MY COUNTRY LARGE! FLYING FLAGS, PLAYIN LOUD SOCA IN MY CAR, WEARING DE SOCA WARRIORS T-SHIRT AND TELLING PEOPLE MAKE SURE AND WATCH MY TEAM ON TV!! LET'S SHOW ENGLAND WHAT WE'RE MADE OF! GO WARRIORS!!....EXTREMELY PROUD SUPPORTERS REPRESENTING DE WARRIORS LARGE IN ORLANDO,FL USA!!

Offline shivadee

• Full Warrior
  • There is only ONE number 7. And its worn in Trini
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 14, 2006, 06:26:40 AM »
we HAVE to score in this match Thursday. I think all our strikers will be out there. Defense is very very important. After watching that Sweeden match (like everyone else noticed) that although we defended very well some balls did slip through. Yes this happens sometimes, but we cannot let that happen Thursday. Rooney (who may not be at 100 percent) and Owen dont miss so. for the whole match Saturday i bawl JAM DEM JAM DEM and we did that. We will really stretch out our team if we going to win this one, but it is possible, it REALLY is.
SOmeone said that we should put down some fouls on Rooney, test out his injury, probably scare him a bit and they will sub him...then again if he isnt at 100 percent he could well miss some opportunities.
I so nervous for this match boy....man cant sleep an ting tonight.

Offline Redbelt

• SHIFT_Redline
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
    • PiracyUnlimited.com, Anime & Manga
« Reply #173 on: June 14, 2006, 07:08:59 AM »
1 - I promised to cheer for Trini
2- I will always cheer against England.

I HAVE TWO GREAT REASONS TO CHEER FOR YOU!
I can't wait for that match! Make Beckham cry!

Oh, but one word in your ear, Do not be over confident.
Do not be happy before the match.

Look how Bahrain celebrated before the trini match and now we are at home.
Please Trinis, don't let the draw get to your head. I want to see you in the next round.

Good luck and we support you.

Offline Redbelt

• SHIFT_Redline
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
    • PiracyUnlimited.com, Anime & Manga
« Reply #174 on: June 14, 2006, 07:11:38 AM »
We have a scottish guy at work and he said he wanted your man "Scotland" to score the winning goal. So the next day the headlines will read:

SCOTLAND KICKS THE SHIT OUT OF ENGLAND

Which is a headline he will never see in his life as he said!  :rotfl:

Offline Swanky

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 14, 2006, 07:12:43 AM »
THE WARRIORS READY FOR ENGLAND WE GO  GET REAL PLENTY RGOALS

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 14, 2006, 07:53:49 AM »
we hadda be careful not to give away to many freekicks
especially on the flanks cuz thats where england are dangerous

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
We can do what Northern Ireland did to England (Edwards' latest column)
« Reply #177 on: June 14, 2006, 09:24:44 AM »
We can do what Northern Ireland did to England
Carlos Edwards
The Guardian (UK)

For a few minutes after our draw against Sweden, we sat in the dressing room laughing, joking and telling stories. Then Dwight Yorke, our captain, spoke up. "Well done, lads, you were brilliant," he told us. "Let's enjoy the moment. But don't forget that we made a lot of mistakes out there, and nearly paid the price."
His words sum up the mood in the Trinidad & Tobago squad right now. Of course we're bubbling and jolly but the job isn't done yet. In my first column for the Guardian, I said the Soca Warriors could reach the second round. Nothing has changed - except perhaps that a few more people believe me now.

Of course we're not so hard on ourselves that we didn't take plenty of positives out of the Sweden game. Beforehand, we thought we could compete with the big boys - now we know we can. The spirit we showed when down to 10 men was unbelievable. And the way so many of the crowd cheered our every kick and tackle was also unbelievable - even the Swedish fans applauded us at the end.
To be honest, I was as surprised as anyone when our coach Leo Beenhakker stuck on an extra striker after we had Avery John sent off. It's not something we had practised in training. But Beenhakker is a smart man; you don't win three successive league titles with Real Madrid without being a quality coach.

He also switched me from right midfield to right-back in the second half, which curbed my attacking instincts. I was itching to get forward but the good of the team comes first. In truth, I'm really not fussy where I play - I'd take the gloves off Shaka if I was told to. Looking back, I think I gave a good account of myself on Saturday, although there was one hairy moment near the end when I nearly let in Henrik Larsson. Luckily my pace saved me.

Next we play England in Nuremberg tomorrow and none of us can wait. If we were to beat them, Trinidad & Tobago would be closed down for month - it would be a non-stop party. But we're not getting ahead of ourselves; that would be fatal to our World Cup chances.

I didn't see much of England's opener against Paraguay, although I heard they struggled a bit. Everyone knows what their big names are capable of but if they think it's going to be a stroll in the park against us they should watch the video of how we defended with 10 men again. We didn't roll over for Sweden and we won't for England.

If the Soca Warriors were facing a team of super-beings I'd be worried, but we're not. It's 11 against 11 and, as I keep reminding people, often when you get on to the pitch it's about who wants it more. And we want it bad - especially as we know that a result tomorrow and a win against Paraguay in our last game will almost certainly put us into the last 16.

Our coach hasn't yet detailed his plans for England but he's spent hours analysing videos and working out the best formula to contain them. Injury-wise, there are a few niggles, but nothing serious. Marvin Andrews looks like missing out, though. He was hoping to be fit but it will be up to the medical people to decide.

As the kick-off gets nearer, the butterflies will increase. I always get them before a game but I'm not going to be any more nervous facing England than I would be playing Preston or Crewe. Once I get my first touch on the ball, and play my first pass, I'll be fine.

Can we win? I don't see why not. Northern Ireland beat them, after all. If we play with the right attitude and do exactly what we did in our first game - without getting a man sent off, obviously - we can certainly get a result. Make no mistake: the guys are up for it. We're ready to kick some behinds.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: We can do what Northern Ireland did to England (Edwards' latest column)
« Reply #178 on: June 14, 2006, 10:04:49 AM »
Your are the man, Carlos!  We are proud of all of you, win lose, or draw!

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 14, 2006, 10:18:30 AM »
Thanks Red Belt for the support.

1]; } ?>