April 28, 2024, 06:14:47 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs England game (15-June-2006).  (Read 187129 times)

Offline rasajoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Latest on Rooney and he foot
« Reply #210 on: June 14, 2006, 04:16:21 PM »
http://home.skysports.com/worldcup/article.aspx?hlid=395066&CPID=4&clid=114&lid=&title=Eriksson:+Rooney+now+match+fit

Sven Goran Eriksson says Wayne Rooney is match fit but he will not start against Trinidad & Tobago.

The England striker could come off the substitutes' bench to make his first-ever appearance at the World Cup finals but Eriksson has yet to make that decision.

The Swede was quick to rubbish suggestions that he has argued with FA chief executive Brian Barwick over the availability of the Manchester United star, who fractured his metatarsal against Chelsea in April.

"For me, Rooney is match fit and let me sleep on it," explained Eriksson to Sky Sports News.

"I will decide tomorrow morning. I think he's match fit.

"It's been reported that Brian [Barwick] and I had a row about it. That's completely a lie.

"We have discussed it all in a positive way - absolutely no disputes at all. Please, that's it.

"After the match tomorrow, I will talk about that situation. I don't think it's fair to do it in front of the team, the squad as the matchday is tomorrow.

"Let me sleep on it. For me, he's match fit.

"Almost for sure, he's not starting the match. I don't think he has 90 minutes in his legs yet."

Offline samueldufc

• Proud2BAnArab
  • New Warrior
  • Shed Rule!
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs England game.
« Reply #211 on: June 14, 2006, 04:16:52 PM »
Good Evening from Scotland. Quick post just to say I'll be watching. Got my Trinidad and Tobago top and will sit down with a few :beermug: to watch the match cheering you all on. Good Luck!

C'Mon Soca Warriors! ;)
Jason Scotland - Dundee United will always remember you !

Offline rasajoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Latest on Rooney and he foot
« Reply #212 on: June 14, 2006, 04:17:55 PM »

http://home.skysports.com/worldcup/article.aspx?hlid=395102&CPID=4&clid=114&lid=&title=Owen:+We+can't+miss+a+trick

England will need to develop a more crafty side to their game if The Three Lions are to fulfill their World Cup potential, Michael Owen claimed on Wednesday.

Speaking ahead of England's second group B game against Trinidad & Tobago on Thursday, Owen has warned England they are not as 'streetwise' as some of their rivals and that could diminish their chances of success this summer.

The ability to win penalty decisions through inviting challenges in the area is part and parcel of the game and, rightly or wrongly, the exaggeration of sometimes minimal contract can prove to be many games' decisive moment.

And, while hailing the perceived honesty of many of his England team-mates, Owen insists it is vital Sven Goran Eriksson's side do not miss a trick in their bid for glory.

However, the Newcastle striker is at pains to stress that he does not condone the 'diving' element which has become increasingly prevalent in modern-day football.

"If there is one thing we lack, I would say that England are probably not as streetwise as plenty of other teams," Owen told his msn.com World Cup diary.

"The other top teams know how to keep a victory or do certain things to hang on to leads or get back in games.

"I think as a nation we are very honest, we try to win the right way, we're brave and courageous.

"It's all well and good us playing in that way, but there are pitfalls in World Cups, there are players who can win penalties and players who get the slightest touch and go down holding their face to get someone sent off.

"There are all these little things and you have to hope you're not on the wrong end of it. Don't get me wrong: I am certainly not advocating diving.

"I would never, ever go down without being touched, and no-one has ever told me to do that.

"But if you get fouled in the box you would be a fool if you were scrambling to stay on your feet when it's a clear penalty."

Offline trini_chris

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What the media say Birchall say
« Reply #213 on: June 14, 2006, 04:26:14 PM »

Birchie cook you ah sweat rice or wha?
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: allyuh eh easy yes
d original WARRIOR PRINCESS. win or lose i am a FIGHTER.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Latest on Rooney and he foot
« Reply #214 on: June 14, 2006, 04:30:09 PM »
to be honest I rather rooney play.. I want him to play so when england get licks dem cya sey "we didint play with we starboy"  on a different note, yu see dat tallman england have in there team (Crouch or crutch whatever is his name) .. I fraid dat man to bad .. I feal he could be the guy to gave TNT Trouble.... I really aint worry bout rooney,  cyd go rest sum blade on  him..

warmonga..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How do you prepare for game viewing?
« Reply #215 on: June 14, 2006, 04:31:08 PM »
Well ah going and buy meh carib now ,and kingfish for d broth.Ah not changing nothing from saturday ,
15 mins before d game ah go crack ah carib so who want cheers with me  :beermug: ah go be in d chat room from earlies tomorrow oui :salute:

Offline croc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 14, 2006, 04:41:06 PM »
Thanks for the support samueldufc. dont you worry we here to show the world what we are made of GO THE WARRIORS!!!!!! 2 -0 T&T

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 14, 2006, 04:49:06 PM »
HAHA THE SCOTTISH DUDE ALAN HANSON... now is scotland in deh world cup?looool letz go.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 14, 2006, 05:17:20 PM »
very cute1 about two hours before de kick off, ah does assemble with de crew,for the England game ah hear de menu is groupa head fish broth, for de Sweden game ah went Sandos, but this game being England an all it kinda special, because should we win or draw, you know de party now start, an this is Toronto, police all over de place, so meh bredrin have ah body shop an is only trini wukin dey, so is ah all day party, an ah notice when you wake up you have
1. find cat and put on red collar, well you know most trini men especially when we single, every morning we wake up we hoping to find cat and put something on it to....

Offline Zatara

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: DIS IS HISTORY PEOPLE
« Reply #219 on: June 14, 2006, 05:19:34 PM »
As a Scot i would like to wish you well against England. Not only for the obvious reason, but also because recently we know what it's like to be the underdog. And also the Jason Scotland thing has been a great laugh!
                           'mon the Warriors!
"A fellow traveller, at last!"
http://www.geezthebounce.com/eng/mars.jpg

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 14, 2006, 05:23:29 PM »
I know this is free speech, but what nonsense am I reading in these threads??!!
Chris Birchall is a valued and highly regarded asset to Trinidad and Tobago football team. Case closed. I support the team, and that includes him.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 14, 2006, 05:45:14 PM »
LOL

I know trini men have to find cat too lol

I forgot to mention

#8.  Give Yankee born and bred husband his Soca Warriors T shirt And Cap, pour him a COKE and RUM (not rum and coke LOL). Tell him sit down and cheer for Warriors or else  :devil:
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline Carib1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 14, 2006, 06:09:56 PM »
... now is scotland in deh world cup?looool letz go.

Of course he is! He wears no 20 for the Warriors...   :D  :D  :D ...and his world cup song is at no 30 and climbing.
One Lion!

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 14, 2006, 06:13:31 PM »
So that is something?  Camoranesi for Italy cyar even sing the Italian national anthem, and admit that he is Argentine first.  At least Birchall show some dedication to the flag and country and learn to sing the anthem.  It have way worse than Birchall that does play for other countries.

Check this story from Soccernet.com:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Argentina's my anthem: Camoranesi

DUISBURG, Germany, June 14 (Reuters) - Italy's Argentina-born midfielder Mauro Camoranesi admitted on Wednesday he did not know the Italian national anthem and referred to the Argentine anthem as his 'own'.

Asked by reporters why he didn't sign the national anthem before Monday's 2-0 win over Ghana, Camoranesi said: 'I don't even sing my own national anthem".

'I don't know the (Italian) anthem but my children sing it. At the World Cup though I am Italian, the decision to play in this shirt has been taken and it doesn't make any sense asking me whether I would rather be here in the Argentine shirt,' said Camoranesi.

The Juventus winger moved to Italy to play for Hellas Verona in 2000 and made his debut for Italy in February 2003 after gaining dual nationality.

Camoranesi, whose great-grandparents were born in Italy, has never denied he considers himself still to be an Argentine and when he was invited to play for Italy said: 'I have an Italian passport but that is not enough for me to feel Italian.'

The midfielder's call-up by former Italy coach Giovanni Trapattoni was criticised in some quarters although he is the 36th player of dual nationality to wear the Italian shirt and the 17th Argentine.

There have also been nine Uruguayans and five Brazilians who have played for the Italian national side, a Scottish-born striker, Giovanni Moscardini who played in the 1920s and a South African, Eddie Firmani, who made three appearances in the 1950s.

At the World Cup in 2002, Italy's players were widely criticised for the failure to sing the 'Inno di Mameli' but after pressure from politicians most players now make an effort

Offline dmus*

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 14, 2006, 06:52:38 PM »
OHHHH gorm! fellaz i make an account to show some support. I staying in Orlando and I en even miss a qualifier yet! Now we make it to World Cup and the boss deny my vaccation bid...hellll no, i ducking work yes. World Cup more important :rotfl:.....Come on T&T we want a goal!

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: June 14, 2006, 07:15:02 PM »
night before i sleep in my red pajama pants.

game day i read a lil scripture to start the day off right

before game i put on my WN shirt, tuck my WN flag in my back pocket

on the way to designated viewing point i will play tambu's "the journey"

the dread dont really drink but since i take a few sips last saturday and the result was a favorable one for the warriors i feel i will do the same tomorrow (kill de worms and dem)

any trini not in red  at the designated viewing point will be roundly chastised.

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Game Plan
« Reply #227 on: June 14, 2006, 08:06:00 PM »
Soca Warriors have to come out composed, yet aggressive. Stay on their feet, no tackles from behind and above all support Stern when the ball is played upfield. The nine midfielders and defencemen must run, not stroll out when the  long ball is played to Stern.  He needs somebody within 10 meters to hand off to, otherwise the ball will just comeback to the defence all game like it did against Sweden and Poland today.
Good Luck fellas, I am confident in your coach, stick to his gameplan, the rest will take care of itself.

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
Re: Game Plan
« Reply #228 on: June 14, 2006, 08:23:30 PM »
i say always have a marker on lampard like whitley and have birchall give gerrard some hard tackles so he dont go into FA cup finals mode... i dont think beckham would have much of an impact against us... but then u never knw... beckham has always played the same while yorke has moved his position therefore i believe yorke will have a better insight over this than the knowledge beckham would have on yorke's current style of play... i just hoping that the constant mistakes the english back line make can be capitalised on by stern... composure means alot in this game but im sure these guys can retain it... im not as nervous as b4 the sweden match b/c of some added confidence which i know the players must have in abundance right now... they seem to fully know their potential and alos limitations and hopefully would utilise it to their fullest... i feel like the 4-4-2 will be our most powerful formation against england but may be used in the 2nd half with us starting our usual 4-5-1... whatever beenie's tactics are i wish him good luck! :beermug:

Offline croc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 14, 2006, 08:27:40 PM »
Are we about to witness the two biggest upsets in WC history? T&T beating England and Australia beating Brazil.....Ah go take both..Oh yesssss!!!! :o

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Game Plan
« Reply #230 on: June 14, 2006, 08:30:00 PM »
Sorry man, but I am nervous like hell!  Not scared nervous just nervous anticipation.  Ah hope ah could sleep tonight
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline shivadee

• Full Warrior
  • There is only ONE number 7. And its worn in Trini
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 14, 2006, 08:32:58 PM »
soca warriors ready for them...FORWARD my brothers FORWARD!!!

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 14, 2006, 08:39:20 PM »
*prays like ten pundits* PLEASE GOD GIVE THE VICTORY AND PLEASE PLEASE STRIKE DOWN MAX BRETOS(sp) AND BOBBY MCMAHON FOR THEIR SLANDER AND SAYING THAT ENGLAND WILL WIN 3-0!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 14, 2006, 08:40:45 PM »
I understand where he coming from........and I respect it very much. De man grow up in England....so it go have some attachment. Once he make de dilema real i have no problem with dat doh. And plus he learnin de anthem......since de baharian game i see he tryin out some ah de words and ting.......and kelvin jack watchin him like he saying......"make sure yuh know it eh.....me eh spend all dat time teachin yuh fuh yuh to forget it."
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Verteidiger

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 14, 2006, 08:42:08 PM »
Cyar please Max bretos and dem jed..

They saying England will give us three...And Cobi Jones and he sour grapes ass talking bout we eh go be able to pull it off again..cause England just has too much skill...Like he feel sweden was a shit side or wha??

Show your class Warriors

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 14, 2006, 08:43:40 PM »
Cyar please Max bretos and dem jed..

They saying England will give us three...And Cobi Jones and he sour grapes ass talking bout we eh go be able to pull it off again..cause England just has too much skill...Like he feel sweden was a shit side or wha??

Show your class Warriors

show your class and WHOOP DE ASS WARRIORS!!!

Offline Source

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
We Believe
« Reply #236 on: June 14, 2006, 08:45:13 PM »
That little axe does cut down big trees...
        that England getting cut down today...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 01:16:21 AM by Source »

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
Little T&T look to slay English giant
« Reply #237 on: June 14, 2006, 08:45:47 PM »
dont know if this is already up if it is sorry ::)

fifawouldcup.com

David meets Goliath on 13 June in Kaiserslautern. Trinidad and Tobago, the smallest-ever country in terms of population to compete at a FIFA World Cup™, square up to the mighty England of David Beckham, Steven Gerrard, Michael Owen et al.
On paper, it should really be no contest. Sven-Goran Eriksson boasts some of the world’s top players in his squad, while many of Leo Beenhakker’s first-choice picks are either operating in the lower echelons of English football or languishing on the bench at their Scottish clubs.

Sweden, however, will testify to the fact that the Soca Warriors more than live up to their combative nickname, and Eriksson and his players will doubtless have been impressed with the Caribbeans’ resolute defending in a hard-fought 0-0 draw with the Scandinavians.

Colours for the game
England: white shirt, navy blue shorts, white socks
Trinidad and Tobago: red shirts, red shorts, red socks

The players
England's main injury concern ahead of the match centres on Gary Neville, with the Manchester United defender considered doubtful due to a calf injury. Elsewhere in the squad, British bookmakers had stopped taking bets on Wayne Rooney playing in this match after Eriksson claimed to be “optimistic” about the prospect. Subsequent reports have, however, played down hopes of an ahead-of-schedule comeback for the talismanic 20-year-old, although a training ground injury to Theo Walcott could yet open the door for a late Rooney cameo. Today, Eriksson declared the striker "match-fit". Make of that what you will.

Beenhakker, meanwhile, is likely to keep faith with Shaka Hislop in goal even if initial first-choice Kelvin Jack recovers from the injury he picked up during the warm-up for the Sweden match. Marvin Andrews' persistent knee problems also continue to cause concern, and with the Soca Warriors having defended so well in their opening match, it is unlikely that the powerful Rangers centre-half will be risked.

The story so far
The first round of matches left England peering down on their Group B rivals, but Eriksson’s men were not fully convincing in their 1-0 win over Paraguay, particularly during a staid second half. Trinidad and Tobago certainly rode their luck at times in the goalless draw with Sweden, but they might also have snatched all three points with a Glenn Cornell drive that crashed back off the face of the crossbar and they will take great heart from their defensive solidity.

Key contest
It has been described as the ‘battle of the beanpoles’, with 6ft 7in Peter Crouch coming up against the equally towering Dennis Lawrence. If Lawrence can prevent the England target man from winning his flick-ons and holding up play, Michael Owen could find himself isolated in attack and, without Rooney, Eriksson’s side may struggle to come up with an effective Plan B.

"I can understand why people are looking at the two of us because we are both big guys,” said the giant defender, “but I have played against people almost as big as Crouch before and it's not a problem for me."
The Liverpool striker, for his part, has vowed not to change his whole-hearted approach, this despite the fact that he is now walking a suspension tightrope after picking up a yellow card against Paraguay. "It was a worry to pick up a booking,” he admitted, “but I'm not going to change my game, although I may have to adapt a bit."

Past meetings
Kaiserslautern will witness a first, with these two sides never having met before in an international fixture.

What they think
Joe Cole (ENG): They (Trinidad and Tobago) showed they can compete against Sweden, who were some people's dark horses to win the tournament with world-class players. We're in a tough group and to get the start we did was marvellous.
Stern John (TRI): We know the England game will be very tough but we ground out a result against Sweden and hopefully we can build on it. We won some fans in our opening match and that was important.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 14, 2006, 08:51:34 PM »
I have one concern.  I hope Yorkie just play his game.  If he gets a yellow he woll have to miss the Paraquay game so he might be tentattive.  Yorkie just play youh game.  Latas and them go take care of Paraguay.  Give it all yuh might fellas! 

I'm a Soooca Warrior![/size]
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline palo mal doonie

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Theobald wat d hell d soldier doin there infront the general whitley
« Reply #239 on: June 14, 2006, 09:03:10 PM »
 :-\ somebody tell me wat d hell theobald doin infront of whitley, he doesnt add anything special to the team. he is playin on the left and hasnt put in a cross in that sweden game, he has moderate speed, he is not strong, we have never seen his shot so no comment there. dont get me wrong the soldier could play football, but whitley is the much betta choice but for some reason beenhakker is eein somethin in this player, i really dat youth man rise up to the occasion and start to shine.

tell me wat is he purpose and y he startin infront of whitley?

bless palo

1]; } ?>