April 28, 2024, 05:31:23 AM

Author Topic: For the Good Housewives, Girlfriends, Mothers and Domesticated Bachelors  (Read 7366 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Ladies and Domesticated Bachelors of the forum a lil help please.

As a good bachelor I used to take my time and hand wash my beloved Adidas Soca Warriors #10 with Love and some Softlan Gentle detergent and then I would hit it a small rise in some Comfort fabric sorfener....put it on a hanger to air dry and feel happy and contented.

It just so happen that over the past few weeks this jersey see plenty action and was thrown in the dirty clothes pile unnoticed.

I made a grave mistake.....and had poor #10 Tumble up in some BREEZE along with the rest of my clothes, it get some extra strong fabric sorfener and then unknown to me #10 was tossed in the DRYER......A CARDINAL SIN.

So here is my predicament.

I wearing the jersey NOW but it looking like it come out a cent paper bag.

It ramflee ramflee and the numbers look like they get kinda warped with the heat of the dryer...they lil bend up. However they not unsticking from the jersey so that is the only positive.

I then looked on the inside and the label states in NO FABRIC SORFENER, it have a Dryer icon with a big X on it as well.

I nearly dead!

I cuss whole morning...imagine 450$ and the jersey take lix....steups.

Anyway my question is.......the IRON icon was not crossed off.

They had instructions to wash and Iron on the reverse.

Now from previous clothes...I know yuh cyar iron football jersey....it go melt, Shine or burn hole.

Has anyone of you ever ironed this new Adidas kit and if so what were the results.

I want some advice before I go and shit up meh #10 even more.

Sincerely,

Domesticated Bachelor in training.

Touches

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Touches hard luck dey BOSSSSSSSSSSS

I just pull mines out the dryer before work...............luckily it doh have no numbers to melt

I have to swoop for it before the gameeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :beermug:

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
Touches it look like yuh might have to soak it in some water and put it on thee line and see if go stretch back! How it shrink up so... like yuh put in the thee dryer or what? Take them jerseys to the cleaners only paps.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Try wetting it and smoothing out the wrinkles with a iron. Doh set it too high doh.Iron on de inside to be safe eh!!  Hopefully de iron go smoothen it out...and de water go help....and plus the water go prevent it from burning. If dat doh work and anybody tell yuh yuh juzzey need to iron....jus say yuh make a mistake and put de iron on ramfle.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 07:19:15 AM by Bourbon »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
You can put in on the ironing board and put a sheet or some other flat linen fabric over it and try to iron it. Make sure that even with the sheet over it the printed side is face down on the iron board.

Use low heat and see if it helps.

Good luck man.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
You can put in on the ironing board and put a sheet or some other flat linen fabric over it and try to iron it. Make sure that even with the sheet over it the printed side is face down on the iron board.

Good luck man.
humm huh this good ,hard luck they ,or get one of those new steam machines ,if you could.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 07:17:35 AM by Compre »

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
dustbin for dat

Més que un club.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation

Good luck man.

yeah that is what yuh have to do
also u can use steam or have the sheet over it slightly wet
since yuh get screwe up with that..ah will have to ban meh wife from washing meh jerseys too lol
maybe she does wash it on the lingerie settings so not to harm them..but ah ent know lol
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
for future TOuches
it have something called a laundry bag that yuh could buy and wash it in that on a delicate setting

if yuh cyah find one use ah pillow case and tie the end
that is what I does do

Més que un club.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
for future TOuches
it have something called a laundry bag that yuh could buy and wash it in that on a delicate setting

if yuh cyah find one use ah pillow case and tie the end
that is what I does do

yeah thats it..delicate settings = lingerie
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline marcel

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
hahahaahAAAAAAAAAAAAA
this is real funny!

i think the best thing to do is GET A GIRL
MARRIE HER FAST
and let her do the laundry

in germany there are loooaaaaddsss of nice blonde chicka´s waitin for you!

(make sure they can read washin descriptions)

good luck!

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
Only thing I could suggest is that you flip it inside out, iron on low heat but full steam...The steam should take care of the wrinkles.
For future the best thing for any football jersey is to wash in cold water on Delicate cycle without frabric softner and then hang dry.
well yes

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
cover with a towel, turn inside out and use steam.

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
hello, even if you iron inside out, make sure to put a handkerchief or wax paper, or something like that under the numbers/letters, otherwise they will stick to the other side-
when in doubt, do not ever put a good jersey in the dryer
good luck :)

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Alyuh I trying to open up ah Laundry mat yes and from the look of it.. like some ah we have what it takes. So holler at yuh boy! Anyway... Touches it look like yuh go have to make tha jersey ah tube top and wear it today proudly yes paps! LOL
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Jersey Update

I get ketch in the rain just now so the jersey get wet.

I take it orf and stretch it on my chair in the office.

The front numbers smooth out nice and most of the big crease come out.

There is hope for the jersey still!!

This evening I will wet it and then iron reverse with the damptowel handkercheif etc.

I go resurrect this jersey. .......#10 will be worn proudly again

Offline essexgirl22

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Lord boy ......BIN THATone it DEAD :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  then GO BUY A NEW ONE

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Lord boy ......BIN THATone it DEAD :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  then GO BUY A NEW ONE

essexgirl22! Do you know how much they are asking for those jersey down in Trini. Those jerseys costs a bit of money an not alot of people have it like that. I paid $450.00 and had it fed-ex... so I understand the man dilemma. By any means necessary its called! ;D

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
dustbin for dat

But he say its a number 10 juhsey not a number 14.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
well if is ah number 10 then yuh had to resurrect it

it it was ah 14 I would ah tell yuh to bathe the dog in it or put it on the floor outside your shower to wipe yuh foot after yuh bathe

Més que un club.

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
well if is ah number 10 then yuh had to resurrect it

it it was ah 14 I would ah tell yuh to bathe the dog in it or put it on the floor outside your shower to wipe yuh foot after yuh bathe

:rotfl: :rotfl: Allyuh nah easy at all..........boy soldier......I just passing through  :beermug:

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
ramflee? another reason yuh have to love dis forum....slackness make me eh wash my #19 since wc start ah wear it 6 times, it pass the arm-pit sniff test thus far, ah dare not put it in the dirty-clothes basket to avoid what happen to Touches, de paraguay game is in 2 hours, ah "Bounce" fabric softener sheet will be used under the arm-pits and i good to go.....ah go wash it for the germany game...maybe
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
# 10 Has Risen Again.

Forumites.

I hit #10 with some Skip laundry detergent and I heng him up to dry on a plastic hanger.

When the jersey was nearly dry...I pull a damp cloth, put the iron low, put a full steam, turn him inside out.....rest the iron on the garment and with love and tender care, applying just the right amount of pressure....smoothed the creases till the numbers were flat and normal once again.

The Jersey Looking brand New like it now come out the clear see tru plastic bag in Francis.

And it smelling good too.....also the numbers have not raised up or unstick from the jersey so it worth the 450$

I will now have to get the white Away #10 and take even more care with that one.

Alyuh.....I posted this thread to make sure alyuh ent F^&*up alyuh gament.

Let the wife, or girlfriend read the directions and make sure and cherish this jersey. It belonged to the most talented player in my generation to put orn the red black and white.

Offline Latent

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Congratulations

:beermug: :beermug: :applause:

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
I can't believe you need dryers in Trini  :o

Air conditioning and good deodorant yes, tumble dryers, nah surely not :rotfl:

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Pompey

Let me give you some incite as to why we need dryers in TT.

Right now is rainy season....so rain hitting yuh at 8 in the am, a little after lunch and just before 5 in the afteroon.

Then you have to deal with a bigger menace...Birds and their droppings.
A load of clothes has been soiled many a time from a corbeaux,picoplat, pigeon or one of dem damn black birds that peck you in yuh head when yuh passing.

Finally the biggest menace of them all.....sprangers, aka, fingers, aka pipers aka drug addicts...aka bandit.

Unless you have a pitbull or a highly aggressive pothound aka dustbin terrier, and you on the lookout, a load of washing may not last too long on the line as there are people who like your drawers more than you.

Dryers are a must!

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
ah now readin this post and killing mehself laughin....allyuh nah easy nah....it does be ah blessing to log on here on ah morning...

anyways...ah woulda tell yuh...dry cleaner immediately to fix prob or steam d jersey on a rack ASAP....

and like disgruntled say....buy the Dryel Bags ...yuh could 'dry clean' in bulk at home for a fraction ah d cost....
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: For the Good Housewives, Girlfriends, Mothers and Domesticated Bachelors
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2007, 08:52:38 PM »
Ladies and Domesticated Bachelors of the forum a lil help please.

As a good bachelor I used to take my time and hand wash my beloved Adidas Soca Warriors #10 with Love and some Softlan Gentle detergent and then I would hit it a small rise in some Comfort fabric sorfener....put it on a hanger to air dry and feel happy and contented.

It just so happen that over the past few weeks this jersey see plenty action and was thrown in the dirty clothes pile unnoticed.

I made a grave mistake.....and had poor #10 Tumble up in some BREEZE along with the rest of my clothes, it get some extra strong fabric sorfener and then unknown to me #10 was tossed in the DRYER......A CARDINAL SIN.

So here is my predicament.

I wearing the jersey NOW but it looking like it come out a cent paper bag.

It ramflee ramflee and the numbers look like they get kinda warped with the heat of the dryer...they lil bend up. However they not unsticking from the jersey so that is the only positive.

I then looked on the inside and the label states in NO FABRIC SORFENER, it have a Dryer icon with a big X on it as well.

I nearly dead!

I cuss whole morning...imagine 450$ and the jersey take lix....steups.

Anyway my question is.......the IRON icon was not crossed off.

They had instructions to wash and Iron on the reverse.

Now from previous clothes...I know yuh cyar iron football jersey....it go melt, Shine or burn hole.

Has anyone of you ever ironed this new Adidas kit and if so what were the results.

I want some advice before I go and shit up meh #10 even more.

Sincerely,

Domesticated Bachelor in training.

Touches

Lol...this is too funny  :rotfl:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2007, 08:57:20 PM »
Pompey

Let me give you some incite as to why we need dryers in TT.

Right now is rainy season....so rain hitting yuh at 8 in the am, a little after lunch and just before 5 in the afteroon.

Then you have to deal with a bigger menace...Birds and their droppings.
A load of clothes has been soiled many a time from a corbeaux,picoplat, pigeon or one of dem damn black birds that peck you in yuh head when yuh passing.

Finally the biggest menace of them all.....sprangers, aka, fingers, aka pipers aka drug addicts...aka bandit.

Unless you have a pitbull or a highly aggressive pothound aka dustbin terrier, and you on the lookout, a load of washing may not last too long on the line as there are people who like your drawers more than you.

Dryers are a must!

for those of you in the US, or for those who can get their hands on one in TnT...an "onion bag" works just as well.  This is the nylon mesh bag than onions and oranges are often sold in here in the US...and like a larger version of the mesh bag that 'chinee' marble used to come in long time.  Works wonders for all delicate materials, including knit hats in the winter time.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2007, 10:42:56 PM »
I now seein x amount of disgruntled posts and wondering if he come back in full force...but ah did geh shake.  8)

1]; } ?>