May 01, 2024, 12:06:14 PM

Author Topic: Too much bitterness guys....calm down  (Read 5756 times)

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Too much bitterness guys....calm down
« on: June 20, 2006, 03:36:53 PM »
Listen!! Bennie helped us qualify for our first World Cup...everyone was happy. Now we lost to a veteran Paraguay team (a team that have made it to the world cup 7 times; making it to the second round in 1998 and 2002; carrying players such as Roque Santa Cruz, Julio Dos Santos, Roberto Miguel Acuña and skipper Carlos Gamarra). We have nothing to be ashamed off. Lift your heads and let’s look towards the future.

Listen, it was not meant to be. We played well and have to be proud. We will move on and learn from our mistakes. Many coaches, players, managers make mistakes. It was a tactical move to bring on Latas and it did not work (in the sense that we did not score, but he did change the game). So what? Jump off a cliff?  It's ok. I think the lads did a great job in Germany as well as the coaching staff. 

On a different note, why all the obscene language and things of that nature? Not called for gentlemen. Let's keep it clean. State your view (no problem) but no need to use obscene language. Come on now!

Kingman
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 04:14:54 PM by kingman »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Too much bitterness guys....calm down
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 04:02:14 PM »
Much Respect brothers, Paraquay is a big team in their group.
 The Warrioes made us proud. The first goal , unfortunately killed the spirit. however they played like Warriors in the second half.

Offline Conan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 04:06:17 PM »
T&T should be very, very proud.
I talk with people all around the world and everybody is surprised by the way T&T plays.
Our commentators are commentating with a lot of emotion everytime T&T has a chance.

I think the socawarriors have found a place in every heart of true-football-lovers.
Hail the socawarriors!

Offline shivadee

• Full Warrior
  • There is only ONE number 7. And its worn in Trini
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 04:07:35 PM »
I have to admit i am sad.
But it is only because the team played so well. We made a mark, we made the WORLD see who we are.

Offline yani65

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 04:15:26 PM »
the love that is shown.. seen ... and no doubt felt in sweet trinbago.. is sooo beautiful.. and to think.. it is all because of the soca warriors.. these men have become the heroes of this county.. uniting us...
its sooo true when they say.. small country... big passion!!!!
we have much to be proud of.. and we must continue to support all those who represent and make trinbago proud!!!!!!!!

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 04:20:59 PM »
the love that is shown.. seen ... and no doubt felt in sweet trinbago.. is sooo beautiful.. and to think.. it is all because of the soca warriors.. these men have become the heroes of this county.. uniting us...
its sooo true when they say.. small country... big passion!!!!
we have much to be proud of.. and we must continue to support all those who represent and make trinbago proud!!!!!!!!

Well said. Thanks!

Kingman

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 04:34:23 PM »
I see nuff man cussing up ah storm..i waiting to see if the moderators deleting them post.

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 04:35:12 PM »
Listen!! Bennie helped us qualify for our first World Cup...everyone was happy. Now we lost to a veteran Paraguay team (a team that have made it to the world cup 7 times; making it to the second round in 1998 and 2002; carrying players such as Roque Santa Cruz, Julio Dos Santos, Roberto Miguel Acuña and skipper Carlos Gamarra). We have nothing to be ashamed off. Lift your heads and let’s look towards the future.

Listen, it was not meant to be. We played well and have to be proud. We will move on and learn from our mistakes. Many coaches, players, managers make mistakes. It was a tactical move to bring on Latas and it did not work (in the sense that we did not score, but he did change the game). So what? Jump off a cliff? It's ok. I think the lads did a great job in Germany as well as the coaching staff.

On a different note, why all the obscene language and things of that nature? Not called for gentlemen. Let's keep it clean. State your view (no problem) but no need to use obscene language. Come on now!

Kingman

Good post.. best for the day.. Thanks Kingman..... and the cussin and gettin on.......

These are big men cussin and carryin on.. i miss work and was real proud of the team......i could ask for anythin better.. DC carnival this weekend and that tops off a good June...

Offline browneyed warrior

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 05:29:29 PM »
Thanks for the post Kingman ........ the Soca Warriors have earned their name ....... Warriors in all senses and by heart ...... 2010 here we come ...... I Still BELIEVE

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2006, 05:35:10 PM »
aye... if beenie leave i will cry out of all seriousness... for a man to get us so far and leave will be disasterous and i think that by keeping him our team will develop better and faster... i dont like this stupidness we used to do where we'll go thru 3 coaches a year... beenie is the man for t&t :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

SniperWolf

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2006, 06:00:52 PM »
I won't go so far as to say thar they played well. What I will say is that the Trinidad and Tobago team worked very hard and they lost. Paraguay could have been an easy victory for them I mean Paraguay went from having no points at all int he group to leaving with 3 points and third place all because of Trinidad and Tobago's own Brent Sancho. The man has no one to blame but himself.

I can't say the Trinidad and Tobago Soccer Warriors deserved to win. They didn't play like a team should in the World Cup. I mean against Sweden they played like intimidated people from a small country who were out to prove to the world that they would not win but draw. Against England, they played like their strategy had worked against Sweden so they would try it agin and wait and possibly see if a ball would bounce off one of the English players and lend them a goal. Toady's game was the first time I saw them at their best. They actually tried their utmost best to score. -Apparently some of them wanted to score so badly that they even forgot which team the goal should go to- But even at their utmost best, Trinidad and Tobago proved to the world that they were incapable of getting a single goal even against the team that thus far was unable to score. It certainly was a fight for them, one in which they fought to the bitter end. But what was remarkable was that even when they were within range of a goal and had the advantage they were unable to score.

In my humble opinion Trinidad and Tobago's Soca Warriors are really hard workers... just not yet World Cup material. Perhaps they need another four years.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 06:04:27 PM »
Paraguay an easy win..it is obvious u doh watch football.  They were unlucky with that own goal against england and that late goal against sweden..they could have easily finished with 5 pts.

Paraguay qualified for the 2nd round in 1998, 2002..that is not ah joke side.

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2006, 06:08:37 PM »
I won't go so far as to say thar they played well. What I will say is that the Trinidad and Tobago team worked very hard and they lost. Paraguay could have been an easy victory for them I mean Paraguay went from having no points at all int he group to leaving with 3 points and third place all because of Trinidad and Tobago's own Brent Sancho. The man has no one to blame but himself.

I can't say the Trinidad and Tobago Soccer Warriors deserved to win. They didn't play like a team should in the World Cup. I mean against Sweden they played like intimidated people from a small country who were out to prove to the world that they would not win but draw. Against England, they played like their strategy had worked against Sweden so they would try it agin and wait and possibly see if a ball would bounce off one of the English players and lend them a goal. Toady's game was the first time I saw them at their best. They actually tried their utmost best to score. -Apparently some of them wanted to score so badly that they even forgot which team the goal should go to- But even at their utmost best, Trinidad and Tobago proved to the world that they were incapable of getting a single goal even against the team that thus far was unable to score. It certainly was a fight for them, one in which they fought to the bitter end. But what was remarkable was that even when they were within range of a goal and had the advantage they were unable to score.

In my humble opinion Trinidad and Tobago's Soca Warriors are really hard workers... just not yet World Cup material. Perhaps they need another four years.

what are ur interests in this forum... i see no reason to post ur sh!t here  ;D

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2006, 06:24:49 PM »

everyones entitled to their opinion ...well here's my opinion on de bullsh!t you just wrote.I tink you is de same idiot we just had on de site name mr icky and sounds to me yuh just come back on under ah different name becuz you are talking de same piece ah sh!t mr icky was posting ...If yuh eh know better leh meh educate yuh dumb ass ah lil bit......yuh on ah Soca Warriors message board full ah patriotic warriors dat very proud of they country doh come on here wid yuh F$@^ING INSULTS TO TNT and tink we chupid
.....GON FROM HERE BOY  !!!! ......who vex daiz dem, daiz my opinion on dis b!tch and he post.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2006, 06:28:21 PM »
Berris,
Take it easy on the angostura bitters.... ;D

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 06:36:36 PM »
Berris,
Take it easy on the angostura bitters.... ;D

yuh eh see he good wey dem does come out from?
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Latent

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 06:50:40 PM »
Game now done less than three hours and more negativity. People never happy, if we were beaten like Serbia&Montenegro, Ukraine or Saudi Arabia might understand the negativity but to criticise after how well we performed in the campaign is just plain overdoing it. You could never satify a Trini. Our players played with Heart and pride and yet people criticise.

No one is saying mistakes were not made and perhaps if we had done certain things, we would be in the second round. However, give credit where credit is due people. Our players played to the best of their ability. Hopefully, the younger players from the World Cup would learn from this and improve thus giving us a better chance in 2010.

Offline cascabel

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Too much bitterness guys....calm down
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2006, 08:14:28 PM »

Listen, it was not meant to be. We played well and have to be proud. We will move on and learn from our mistakes. Many coaches, players, managers make mistakes. It was a tactical move to bring on Latas and it did not work (in the sense that we did not score, but he did change the game). So what? Jump off a cliff? It's ok. I think the lads did a great job in Germany as well as the coaching staff.

Kingman

Good post.. best for the day.. Thanks Kingman..... and the cussin and gettin on.......

These are big men cussin and carryin on.. i miss work and was real proud of the team......i could ask for anythin better.. DC carnival this weekend and that tops off a good June...

My sentiments exactly.    They played well, they made the country proud so why dwell on what could have been?   Let it go and think about all the good that will come of this exposure:  the young and coming now have proof that their hard work and dedication can take them to the WC; the ones that are here now can learn from the ones that are returning and the ones that are coming back have a wealth of experience to coach, to guide, to support, to encourage.   Only good vibes, people, only good vibes....  8)

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2006, 08:30:43 PM »
We enjoyed having your services Dwight. Hope we can produce more like you and Latas!  :beermug:

Kingman

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2006, 09:42:23 PM »
See you next 4 years sniperwolf, when we qualify for S.Africa...go back into de woodwork with your "insights"....oh and we real trinis really eh care bout yuh stupid "humble" opinion
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

SniperWolf

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2006, 04:10:55 PM »
You guys don't have to be ashamed of admitting defeat. Your boys just weren't good enough and that's a fact. I myself am a supporter of the Soca warriors and yes i'm not a huge football fan but based on the matches I have thus far seen I can safely say that even on their best day the soca warriors weren't as good as any of the other teams. It was obvious how hard they tired but they were unsuccessful even so. They just aren't good enough. I will be just as happy as any other trini to see them back in the world cup in four years time. Until then they have ALOT of work to do.

[And for the record I am not Mr Icky]

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2006, 04:47:07 PM »
You guys don't have to be ashamed of admitting defeat. Your boys just weren't good enough and that's a fact. I myself am a supporter of the Soca warriors and yes i'm not a huge football fan but based on the matches I have thus far seen I can safely say that even on their best day the soca warriors weren't as good as any of the other teams. It was obvious how hard they tired but they were unsuccessful even so. They just aren't good enough. I will be just as happy as any other trini to see them back in the world cup in four years time. Until then they have ALOT of work to do.

You eh no Trini,you eh no 'supporter of the Soca Warriors' boy doh fool yuh self ,yuh eh fooling anyone.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2006, 05:19:59 PM »

Well thanks for your "unconditional" support. We know that you are a true supporter of the socawarriors  ::)

Listen, we accept the fact that we are not the best team in the world. We never said we were. We know that there is a lot to be done. Yes, we lack world cup experience and in our 2 world cup games (though we stand a chance) the better team won on the day. But you know what, we learned from that. We gained a lot of experience, respect and love from fans/teams world wide.

Let me tell you this much, we not like the Americans. We don't believe that we are a world class team. We don't believe that are better than we really are. Hope you stay tunned for the Ghana vs USA game buddy. Lets' see how # 5 USA match up with # 48th Ghana.

ps: - Oh, 2 things. The USA team have ALOT of work to do to be even considered a world class team and gain respect from the world. Secondly, nice attempt to distort your profile of someone you are not.
:beermug:

Kingman
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 06:05:36 PM by kingman »

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2006, 03:37:49 AM »

Okay but this is football so the best doesn't always win. And it is all about winning ...not ?
Look at the USA ranking, or how Greece won the european championship...think about it
Football is different, it is 2 times 45 min without stopping like your sports, so you could have for millions sitting on the bench, if the team is not performing in most cases it won't even help you.
Your only allowed 3 subs. Go watch the USA - Italy match to see what I mean.
That's why this is the biggest sport in the world, cause it has the less rules to favor teams with money.

I think against sweden the warriors were better, perhaps not on technical skills but on determination & teamwork YES.
England was technically better but could only break our defense with a fault.
Paraguay did have the right mindset & deserved the win.
Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2006, 04:25:02 AM »

ouch....harsh, but there is some truth to it.....

Arguably, the World Cup stage was a little too big for us, but we left it with some pride, dignity and respect- alot more than people had predicted before the tournament started. No one walked over us as expected by most....Trinidad is on the football map at last and hopefully we're here to stay........

On a side note, based on my observations from Germany, we made a huge impression off the field too. Germans will remember T&T for a long time  ;)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 04:27:25 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2006, 07:22:23 AM »
Remember the warriors. Regardless the results of the game. Remember them.....

Socawarriors for real!!

Kingman

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2006, 10:28:56 AM »
Warriors were just a bit unlucky but they raised a few eyebrows, go warriors, you'll brought me so much joy and national pride

SniperWolf

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2006, 10:56:06 AM »

Arguably, the World Cup stage was a little too big for us, but we left it with some pride, dignity and respect- alot more than people had predicted before the tournament started. No one walked over us as expected by most....Trinidad is on the football map at last and hopefully we're here to stay........

On a side note, based on my observations from Germany, we made a huge impression off the field too. Germans will remember T&T for a long time  ;)

Agreed. I never said that they didn't gain the respect and admiration of the world. They most certainly did. They deserve to hold their heads up high. In fact I see them going into World Cup 2010 better and stronger than ever before.

Well thanks for your "unconditional" support. We know that you are a true supporter of the socawarriors ::)

I admit it, I wont blindly support a team to the extent where even when they play badly I will refuse to admit that they weren't good enough. I can actually accept constructive criticism of a team I support.

You eh no Trini,you eh no 'supporter of the Soca Warriors' boy doh fool yuh self ,yuh eh fooling anyone.

Where to start, the number of things wrong with this sentence is unsurprisingly mindblowing. I am actually a Trinidadian. I am a female by the way and I am a supporter of the Soca Warriors. I'm just one of the few supporters that can take criticism of them without being offended and can in turn criticise them.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2006, 12:58:12 PM »

Agreed. I never said that they didn't gain the respect and admiration of the world. They most certainly did. They deserve to hold their heads up high. In fact I see them going into World Cup 2010 better and stronger than ever before.

Well thanks for your "unconditional" support. We know that you are a true supporter of the socawarriors ::)

I admit it, I wont blindly support a team to the extent where even when they play badly I will refuse to admit that they weren't good enough. I can actually accept constructive criticism of a team I support.

Where to start, the number of things wrong with this sentence is unsurprisingly mindblowing. I am actually a Trinidadian. I am a female by the way and I am a supporter of the Soca Warriors. I'm just one of the few supporters that can take criticism of them without being offended and can in turn criticise them.

Wha part yuh eh understand let meh repeat it again yuh might be born ah Trini buh...'YOU EH NO TRUE TRINI YOU EH NO SUPPORTER AH DE SOCA WARRIORS  DOH FOOL YUH SELF BECUZ YUH EH FOOLING WE' :violin: :violin:
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

SniperWolf

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2006, 03:30:10 PM »
So what are you saying that in order to be a a "true' Trini and  a 'true' supporter of the soca warriors I must blindly agree that in every single game they have played their performance was up to par even when it actually wasn't? Are Trinidadians are so narrow-minded that they cannot look at themselves objectively. Well if that is what makes one a 'true' Trinidadian then by all means I renounce my nationality entirely.

Just because I support a particular team (any team) does not mean that I will not criticise their performance. Criticism isn't necessarily a bad thing. In this context in which it is being used, Criticism refers to an analysis or an assessment of the team's performance.

Don't be so naive that you become incapable of opening your mind just a single centimeter to assess critically a team's performance just because you 'support' them. It is a sign of imaturity and dogmatism to the highest extent.

1]; } ?>