May 01, 2024, 08:14:52 AM

Author Topic: Beenhakker admits defeat was fair  (Read 6258 times)

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
Beenhakker admits defeat was fair
« on: June 20, 2006, 03:47:18 PM »
Trinidad and Tobago coach Leo Beenhakker said his players had not deserved victory over Paraguay in their final World Cup game.
The Caribbean outfit produced a spirited second-half display but still came away 2-0 losers to see them exit the tournament bottom of Group B.

And Beenhakker said: "Paraguay deserved their win as they took their chances.

"But this has been a great experience. In future maybe our players will show a bit more confidence."

Trinidad and Tobago surprised many in their first World Cup following a 0-0 draw with Sweden in their opener and after holding England for much of their second match.

"The players have shown they can play at this level," added Beenhakker.

"But the experience they have had in this competition can only help development even more and hopefully that will be seen in the results they get."

BBC News
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Beenhakker admits defeat was fair
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 03:50:41 PM »
I really hope he sticks around to develop the level of trinidad football. we certainly have the talent...we just need the attitude and discipline!!!
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline shivadee

• Full Warrior
  • There is only ONE number 7. And its worn in Trini
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 03:51:19 PM »
Trinidad and Tobago coach Leo Beenhakker said his players had not deserved victory over Paraguay in their final World Cup game.
The Caribbean outfit produced a spirited second-half display but still came away 2-0 losers to see them exit the tournament bottom of Group B.

And Beenhakker said: "Paraguay deserved their win as they took their chances.

"But this has been a great experience. In future maybe our players will show a bit more confidence."

Trinidad and Tobago surprised many in their first World Cup following a 0-0 draw with Sweden in their opener and after holding England for much of their second match.

"The players have shown they can play at this level," added Beenhakker.

"But the experience they have had in this competition can only help development even more and hopefully that will be seen in the results they get."

BBC News

Interesting....but Beenie should not have been saying that after this game :(

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 03:53:40 PM »
I don't understand how he could say that when he was a major contributor to this defeat.

Arrogant if you ask me.
TnT Patriot

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 03:57:37 PM »
ah thought he was being diplomatic at first but the more times i reread it..like he ent taking no blame whatsoever.
also ah think he hinting that we players werent good enough and that was all he had to work with
ah wonder who pick the side and tactics?..steups
Feliz

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 03:59:29 PM »
I don't understand how he could say that when he was a major contributor to this defeat.

Arrogant if you ask me.

I would have to agree at this stage,tactically he has made some errors and I would've respected him if he said to the effect " I take some blame for our 2 losses".

Offline Conan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 04:00:55 PM »
ah thought he was being diplomatic at first but the more times i reread it..like he ent taking no blame whatsoever.
also ah think he hinting that we players werent good enough and that was all he had to work with
ah wonder who pick the side and tactics?..steups
You are totally wrong!

Beenhakker was back here in Holland some months ago and he told in front of National TV that T&T have a lot of talented players, but one can't expect much from them, 'cause this was the first time T&T played at the World Cup and there are other countries who have better players.
Anyway, he told us many times that he is very, very proud of the players and gives them almost everytime all the credit they deserve.

The thing about Beenhakker is, that he is quite...strange sometimes.
Hail the socawarriors!

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 04:01:03 PM »

Arrogant if you ask me.
How was he a major contributor to the defeat?  What stupidness you all does talk so?  T&T played well made a few errors and lost to a better team on the day.  Paraguay is better. Let's face it! He gave an honest evaluation. I don't understand how you could say that he was a major contributor to this defeat. What do you expect. All you are a set a living room coaches ... but I respect you as fans.  Congrats to Beenie and the Warriors for a job done as well as we could have.  It was our first time and hopefully we will be back again in 2010.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 04:05:51 PM by Storeboy »
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Conan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 04:02:16 PM »

Arrogant if you ask me.
How was he a major contributor to the defeat?  What stupidness you all does talk so?  T&T played well made a few errors and lost to a better team on the day.  Paraguay was be He gave an honest evaluation. I don't understand how he could say that when he was a major contributor to this defeat. What do you expect. Congrats to Beenie and the Warriors for a job done as well as we could have.  It was our first time and hopefully we will be back again in 2010.

2010?  ;)

Too be honest, I really hope so!
Hail the socawarriors!

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2006, 04:06:48 PM »
I started to lose faith in Beenhacker, when I started to read too often his public statements about the player's lack of ability. Seems to me he had no real faith in the players, and made it public. Then now he says, "maybe our players will have more confidence in the future!!?" WTF!!??...I personally would have no respect for my coach if he broadcasting to de press that I eh have no talent. That explains the totally defensive set all tournament, and no Latapy untill the end there. No faith in the players.

Disappointing.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline sweetjo

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2006, 04:08:33 PM »
Oh gosh! Why allyuh so? De man human. He did plenty for our team. It's not as bad as allyuh makin' it soun'.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 04:09:00 PM »
I started to lose faith in Beenhacker, when I started to read too often his public statements about the player's lack of ability. Seems to me he had no real faith in the players, and made it public. Then now he says, "maybe our players will have more confidence in the future!!?" WTF!!??...I personally would have no respect for my coach if he broadcasting to de press that I eh have no talent. That explains the totally defensive set all tournament, and no Latapy untill the end there. No faith in the players.

Disappointing.

Conan yuh see this is what i was trying to say
Feliz

Offline Conan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2006, 04:09:05 PM »

Disappointing.
If you were a player in that team, would you expect to win from Brasil and other big countries?

All Beenhakker did was taking away the pressure.
You guys shouldn't see things in such a negative way. Beenhakker only wanted to take away all the pressure.
He's a very smart man, honoured by his psychological way of handling players. He knows what he says.
Hail the socawarriors!

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2006, 04:10:08 PM »
phu*yue beenhakker, phu*ue him and he muddah!

De fact is for de fuss time, we had 3.5 spots this year, we would NOT have qualified without Russel Latapy, even with Beenieman in de mix!

Offline Conan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2006, 04:11:00 PM »

Disappointing.

Conan yuh see this is what i was trying to say
Do you see what I'm trying to say? ;)

Guys, I've seen Beenhakker for many, many years and that's why I know he ain't bitching on your players.
If he thought the players weren't able to perfrom, he would NEVER EVER took the job.
Hail the socawarriors!

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 04:11:28 PM »
Here's a more complete version of the article:

Dwight Yorke has revealed he may end his international career in the aftermath of Trinidad and Tobago's world cup exit in Kaiserslautern.

Despite his best efforts, Yorke could not inspire his team to the victory they craved which ultimately would not have brought them a place in the last 16 following Sweden's draw with England.

Instead, Brent Sancho's own goal and a late effort from Nelson Cuevas allowed Paraguay to exit the tournament as winners.

However, Yorke knows what a positive impact the Soca Warriors have made in Germany and the 34-year-old feels it could be the right time to bow out.

The former Premiership favourite said: 'I have played football for over 20 years as a professional and these have been the best times of my life.

'I can only thank everyone for their support. It is an emotional occasion for me because it may be the last time I play for my country.

'I will discuss the situation with my family but I have no problem with that.'

Yorke admitted there was a tear in his eye at the final whistle, which brought down the curtain on his country's first World Cup finals campaign.

They may have failed to score a goal and picked up just a single point - from the opening 0-0 draw with Sweden - but the reception they received at the end from the neutral fans proved how much their efforts have been appreciated.

'Paraguay deserved their win because they took their chances,' said Trinidad coach Leo Beenhakker, who is yet to decide whether to remain in his job beyond this summer.

Clearly, though, the well-travelled Dutchman has an affinity with the men from the Carribean and believes their debut at this high level can only help the development of football in the country.

'This has been a great experience for everyone,' he added. 'In the future maybe they will show a bit more confidence when they get into this position.

'The players have shown they can play at this level but the experience they have had had in this competition can only help development even more and hopefully that will be seen in the results they get.'

Beenhakker pointed out that his side's results should be seen in a positive light given the low expectation when they arrived in Germany.

'Before the Sweden game everyone was saying would it be four or five, before we played England they said would it be five or six,' he said. 'My team played with courage and passion and worked incredibly hard.

'There were periods in the game tonight when we were not satisfied but on the whole I could not ask any more of them.'

Offline Conan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 04:13:56 PM »
Can you change your first post?
And put the whole article in your first post?
Hail the socawarriors!

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2006, 04:18:55 PM »

Arrogant if you ask me.
How was he a major contributor to the defeat?  What stupidness you all does talk so?  T&T played well made a few errors and lost to a better team on the day.  Paraguay is better. Let's face it! He gave an honest evaluation. I don't understand how you could say that he was a major contributor to this defeat. What do you expect. All you are a set a living room coaches ... but I respect you as fans.  Congrats to Beenie and the Warriors for a job done as well as we could have.  It was our first time and hopefully we will be back again in 2010.

Tactically i believe he made some mistakes. Mostly regarding Theobald and Latas. I don't even want to get into the Jack thing. Our Defense was much less organized this game and I do think that the GK had a lot to do with that.

If he really wanted to take the pressure off the team then he should have shouldered the blame, just as he was quick to accept congrats for putting on Glen in the Sweden game.

I think he did a great job. We qualified and played well at the WC. However, that does not place him beyond reproach.
TnT Patriot

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2006, 04:22:20 PM »
Can you change your first post?
And put the whole article in your first post?
I kinda agree. It reads much differently when you read the whole thing.
TnT Patriot

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2006, 04:22:36 PM »

Arrogant if you ask me.

Tactically i believe he made some mistakes. Mostly regarding Theobald and Latas. I don't even want to get into the Jack thing. Our Defense was much less organized this game and I do think that the GK had a lot to do with that.

If he really wanted to take the pressure off the team then he should have shouldered the blame, just as he was quick to accept congrats for putting on Glen in the Sweden game.

I think he did a great job. We qualified and played well at the WC. However, that does not place him beyond reproach.

Exactly...men acting as though de man cyar do no wrong. Personally...he did well against Sweden, he was outcoached against England, and should have brought in Latapy much earlier against Paraguay. Fact is, Latapy should have seen every game.

Offline Conan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2006, 04:32:20 PM »

Arrogant if you ask me.

Exactly...men acting as though de man cyar do no wrong. Personally...he did well against Sweden, he was outcoached against England, and should have brought in Latapy much earlier against Paraguay. Fact is, Latapy should have seen every game.
I agree on that.
The moment I saw Latapy I didn't understand why he didn't play before.

The thing that amazed me even more was the age of that guy.
37 right?
Or maybe I didn't hear that well.
Hail the socawarriors!

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2006, 04:33:51 PM »

Disappointing.
If you were a player in that team, would you expect to win from Brasil and other big countries?

YES!!!! I doh feel dem have any more talent dan me at all.

EH!! How!!?, by telling the world that the players eh good? Best allyuh just defend alone and done?
You guys shouldn't see things in such a negative way. Beenhakker only wanted to take away all the pressure.
He's a very smart man, honoured by his psychological way of handling players. He knows what he says.

I think he outsmart himself. Thats about it. (plus some people on this board, you know who you are)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2006, 04:35:18 PM »

Disappointing.

leo said what our player lack in ability( technical etc) they make up in confidence and passion and he is right. . Now how is that saying our player eh have talent?  What do we have world class players?. Leo has seen the best of them , what yuh want him to say  we have beckhams the man just  honest

You talking about defensive set you really think if we had played an open game aginst england and sweden we would have won or sumthing?  what you mean by no faith  in players leo is not the same guy who give cyd gray a chance , what about using jack as number 1  how about show faiht instern  john  . What about when he said  "there will be no new players"
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2006, 04:37:16 PM »

De fact is for de fuss time, we had 3.5 spots this year, we would NOT have qualified without Russel Latapy, even with Beenieman in de mix!

Breds Russel Latapy been involved in FOUR World Cup qualifiers over like 16 years and we DIDN'T qualify.

Whayuhsayin ???

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2006, 04:37:59 PM »

Arrogant if you ask me.

I agree on that.
The moment I saw Latapy I didn't understand why he didn't play before.

The thing that amazed me even more was the age of that guy.
37 right?
Or maybe I didn't hear that well.

YUP...37 years old.  Arguably the best player to have come out of Concacaf...Yorke included.

Offline Conan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2006, 04:39:58 PM »

Disappointing.

YES!!!! I doh feel dem have any more talent dan me at all.

EH!! How!!?, by telling the world that the players eh good? Best allyuh just defend alone and done?

I think he outsmart himself. Thats about it. (plus some people on this board, you know who you are)

I don't really know what you mean, but I think you're saying that T&T played constantly on the DEF (correct me if I'm wrong).
That's not true. I saw more attacking impulse from T&T than I saw from Serbia and Poland.

I don't agree with you on that. But that's ok.
We dont have to share our opinions. Right? ;)
Hail the socawarriors!

Offline Sentinel

• Full Warrior
  • Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2006, 04:42:38 PM »
Well done T&T....well done coach!

Luv U T&T

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2006, 04:44:25 PM »

Breds Russel Latapy been involved in FOUR World Cup qualifiers over like 16 years and we DIDN'T qualify.

Whayuhsayin ???

tell them it was a one man show before leo take over  yuh think latapy could ah cope with the pace of that england and sweden game.

Plus another reason leo was dead right on ability  look how latapy is still a level  above our midfiielders at 37. what we lack in ability  we make up in passiion
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 04:46:24 PM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2006, 04:45:28 PM »

Disappointing.

leo said what our player lack in ability( technical etc) they make up in confidence and passion and he is right. . Now how is that saying our player eh have talent?  What do we have world class players?. Leo has seen the best of them , what yuh want him to say  we have beckhams the man just  honest

You talking about defensive set you really think if we had played an open game aginst england and sweden we would have won or sumthing?  what you mean by no faith  in players leo is not the same guy who give cyd gray a chance , what about using jack as number 1  how about show faiht instern  john  . What about when he said  "there will be no new players"

Of course we have World Class players.....There are 3 OBVIOUSLY, NO DISPUTING,  WORLDCLASS PLAYERS ON THE TEAM. What kind of Waggonist question is that Triniman? Do you know who they are at all? It seems you doh believe.
He did not "give Cyd Gray a chance"..Cyd is a big player and deserved to be there. Jack proved his worth, and well, Stern John is misplaced faith. He WAS worldclass and Beenie eh recognize that.
Me eh know what else you asking dey...like you typing on a cell phone or something.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2006, 04:46:57 PM »

Now that you've ground this axe into the ground, will you please put it away?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

1]; } ?>