April 17, 2024, 11:40:42 PM

Author Topic: Forwards is we #1 Problem Not GoalKeeping  (Read 5796 times)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Forwards is we #1 Problem Not GoalKeeping
« on: June 09, 2005, 07:38:14 AM »
Jack did give up a soft 2nd Goal
The First Goal was more Carlos Edwards Fault than anybody else.

Ball coming from 45 Yards away he refuse to jump and head the ball out and allow the Mexican Sub to blast a shot/ Cross  across the face of the goal.

Jack Made the save but he could not hold on to it.
He did the right thing pushing it wide

Overall I would rate Jack at 5 out of 10
He had a poor game

But that is not our main problem
Because he did make some top notch saves that kept us in the game.

Our Main problem is when we kick the ball out Stern and Yorke are unable to hold it up and give us a breather.

And this is their #1 strength so if that cant do this for us they can do nothing because they not running past no body and they not creating their own chances.

Beenie man "bouncing he head" we need variation up front and man that can relieve the pressure against the likes of Mexico and USA because that will give the defense a rest.

We look bun bun in the second half and Mexico just keep coming down we throat.

This is when we need the forward who can hold up the ball and give the defense a breather.

That Said Bennie Man has made some good improvements.

We playing positional football for a change and looking professional.

Mexico took the game to us play some good ball and deserved to win.
Everyone one on the field made a good effort and put heart and soul into the win.

Beenie man need to have some more faith in the subs and make the subs earlier.

Bring on Glasglow for 5 mins is a waste especially when men looking real Bun.

I would like to see we try a local or new Forward.
Seaton and Charles are good local additions to the team

We need to find a diamond in the rough during this gold cup

Sealy and Glen as well as A league strikers such as jefferies should all be in the Gold cup squad.

I know what Stern and York can give but we need an X factor to provide than punch up front

Samuel, Scotland etc etc

All hands on board, we find a hot striker and we in the CUP.

We defense is strong, Ince and SHaka will be on board in future matches, and the midfield coming to come

The Forward line is our Main Problem
We too 1 dimensional and predictable.

If I was the coach I would put either Latapy or Dwarika up front we need a man who is comfortable holding possesion of the ball in a numbers down situation.

If we had that last night the whole game would have been diferent.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2005, 08:02:33 AM by Tallman »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Forwards is we #1 Problem Not GoalKeeping
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 08:07:53 AM »
Our Main problem is when we kick the ball out Stern and Yorke are unable to hold it up and give us a breather.

And this is their #1 strength so if that cant do this for us they can do nothing because they not running past no body and they not creating their own chances.

I thought Yorke did an excellent job of holding up the ball. At times he was triple teamed and he was still able tuh perform de task. But you could only hold de ball fuh so long, yuh need people tuh be in position tuh receive ah pass.

De fundamental issue is dat Yorke and Stern are not an effective combination up front. Yuh notice how as soon as Hector Sam come on, he had de Mexican defense tizzic. We need at least one forward who is able to cause panic in de opposition's defense.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 08:31:31 AM »

I thought Yorke did an excellent job of holding up the ball. At times he was triple teamed and he was still able tuh perform de task. But you could only hold de ball fuh so long, yuh need people tuh be in position tuh receive ah pass.

De fundamental issue is dat Yorke and Stern are not an effective combination up front. Yuh notice how as soon as Hector Sam come on, he had de Mexican defense tizzic. We need at least one forward who is able to cause panic in de opposition's defense.

Tallest I agree with you Stern and Yorke are similar players in terms of the type of service they look for. You need players that complement each other. But man saying this fuh years when it come to dem two.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2005, 08:34:26 AM by Tallman »
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 08:40:11 AM »
So Beenie must be a dunce for playing dem two together then?  Not even Bertille did that.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 09:32:18 AM »
So Beenie must be a dunce for playing dem two together then?  Not even Bertille did that.

Nobody saying the man is a dunce. beenie may be working systematically. After all he now reach he eh really familiar with Stern and Dwight and only had a few days to work with them. he may also use these two in one half see what happens as they work on the opponents defense  and then bring on something fresh with a different look. After all Holland do that yesterday and look what happened. Man just voicing their opinion because they know in the past it eh really wok and the coach was not willing to sub either at any point.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2005, 09:43:10 AM »
Personally if I have a choice I always like a speedy skillful forward who can take on defenders and the strong power forward who can power his way through and hit some bullets.Hector Sam rose to prominence when he was at QRC teaming up with the strong Vladimir Suite.They were both college league lethal combo at the time.Both scored great goals for QRC ask Malick fans.

Offline Sanchez

• Full Warrior
  • Numero Diez por siempre
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2005, 09:44:16 AM »
Yorke and Stern did a good job holding up the ball.  I guess the plan was to have them pass off the ball to the midfielders for shots, this didn't happen.  I thought that Yorke and Stern played too square to each other, if you have a pointing forward (Stern), Dwight and midfielders should be coming unto the ball, making cross runs and setting up shots.  Because they were square to each other, they couldn't string passes between themselves, because the Mexican defence would cut it off.  All of this will be addressed before the USA game.  The boys are looking good, they have some time to train before the next game, I expect them to give the US a really good run for their money, hopefully they can pull off a win.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2005, 09:49:38 AM »
Hector Sam rose to prominence when he was at QRC teaming up with the strong Vladimir Suite.They were both college league lethal combo at the time.Both scored great goals for QRC ask Malick fans.

Call back Vladimir!  I thought he went Saints?  Maybe he transfer?

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2005, 09:54:02 AM »
Yeah he was a six form transfer.Suprisely Saints did'nt think too much of him and everytime he played them in 2 years he peppered dem.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2005, 09:58:04 AM »
ideally for me i want a target man and another let meh call him a "half striker" a la baggio or del piero type player in their prime of course. drop midfield  go out wide and create run ,off the target man etc
having said that i would go with and i might get some stick for this but oh well

yorke as my target-i play with/against some english men say he the best target man they ever see in they life and nobody ever come close.

then the other is a mystery but best option give  Glenn a try-speed not the most creative but speed dribbling or maybe even samuel.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2005, 10:10:02 AM »
I think Vlady in el salvador or something so...but bringing up QRC v malick make think of a man who missing in action...what going on with Irasto Knights? He was hot for a while. Cah remember if he was malick hotman before or after scotty. i know it went Dwarika,Glasgow and then them 2 before Westfield.

I would love if sam or flex or somebody could give me the stats for when Yorke and/or Stern score when together on the field...I think it's 0 b4 the Panama game. We definitely need to separate them up top. Scott Sealy, Cornell Glen, Scotland, Samuel, Hector...they all bring something different. Yorke and John is big names...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2005, 10:46:28 AM »
Stern and dwight could only do so much when they not geting support. Dumping the ball into the other half of the pitch for the strikers to collect and be effective against 4 to 5  of the opposition players is not much of an effective system for we and never was that's why possesion was gally's biggest phylosophy build from the back and move in the opposition's half.Them fellahs cyar hold off all them man everytime . Is just two off them and they not getting them others to come and back up. What confuses me is that they never got a man on the flanks running in; there is no option to running down the centre. Mexico stretch them fellahs out too much they were always on the run trying to stop someone, after sometime lungs and legs does weaken possession is the game you can't be running after the ball all the time there must be possession. That was a lot of pressure last night and mentally they slip ah little but that is okay cause they held out long. Just the defender on the left give mexico a opening and they make it work.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2005, 10:47:40 AM »
 Jack too unstable also.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2005, 10:58:41 AM »
If I was the coach I would put either Latapy or Dwarika up front we need a man who is comfortable holding possesion of the ball in a numbers down situation.

I enjoyed everything you read except the above!!! Dwarika is a defensive liability, he tries to tackle but cant! he is also to weak on de ball. 

Dwarika not ready for this level anymore and it has nothing to do with his ability, he is ah limer..full stop!

he was seen drunk and on ah pavement in point fortin for borough day!

for all who dont know, borough day was in de first week in may!

We need to move on from this latapy syndrome!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Sanchez

• Full Warrior
  • Numero Diez por siempre
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2005, 11:01:06 AM »
I would like to see Spann in the mix.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yorke and Stern's goals when playing together
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2005, 01:15:27 PM »
I would love if sam or flex or somebody could give me the stats for when Yorke and/or Stern score when together on the field...I think it's 0 b4 the Panama game.

Stern and Yorke have scored a total of 14 goals when both are playing:

Stern (8 goals):
DateOppositionGoalsCompetition
June 4, 2005Panama
World Cup Qualifier
June 24, 2001Bermuda
Friendly
June 16, 2001Honduras
World Cup Qualifier
March 28, 1999Jamaica
Friendly
June 23, 1996Dominican Republic
World Cup Qualifier

Yorke (6 goals):
DateOppositionGoalsCompetition
June 24, 2001Bermuda
Friendly
July 8, 2000Jamaica
Friendly
May 19, 2000Haiti
World Cup Qualifier
May 7, 2000Haiti
World Cup Qualifier
June 23, 1996Dominican Republic
World Cup Qualifier

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2005, 01:20:09 PM »
half those goals come against Bermuda and the DR.

How many total games have they played together?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Games played by Yorke and Stern
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2005, 01:39:25 PM »
How many total games have they played together?

Dey have played at least 21 games together.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2005, 01:46:51 PM »
Ok i stand corrected.I didn't think yourke was around for them haiti games. But I know for he didn't play in that Honduras game in 2001...that was when he 'retired'
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2005, 02:04:30 PM »
But I know for he didn't play in that Honduras game in 2001...that was when he 'retired'

You are thinking about de Honduras game on October 6, 2001 (after Mickey Trotman's untimely passing) when we win 1-0 although de Hondurans hit de goalpost about six times. The one that I have listed is from June of the same year when we lost 4-2 in de Oval.

Remember, Yorke was originally dropped fuh de first Honduras match, but den he wrote an apology and he was reinstated.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2005, 08:28:30 PM »
Ah wonder if anyone remeber a white boy who use to play for St.Mary's in the early 70's; he was a loafer but one season the man scored whole heap ah goals. Ah remember palying aganist that man when  I was in south. Oh gosh as ah reading the post about Stern John  ah thinking back tuh that time yuh know the man was a'has been' a flash . Sometimes if the horse dead get off and  ride a new horse.

Now cat different them dam things have over Nine lives yuh cyary knock them things out; they does keep coming back at you. ah wonder if dem men fix up Birchall with some trini tun tun yet? yuh see  he played tapered off a bit. BEENIE tell them men NO SEX till we qualify.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2005, 08:53:16 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2005, 08:50:59 PM »
i cah believe man still talkin bout QRC duo scorin goals.

Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2005, 03:57:54 PM »
Fellas I now watching the game here thanks to Peong.....No  disrespect to Jack but we need a keeper that more composed at this level.  Father help us
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2005, 10:03:31 PM »
Fellas I now watching the game here thanks to Peong.....No  disrespect to Jack but we need a keeper that more composed at this level.  Father help us

Allyuh doh realise if Jack wasn't around we might have had a Williams in goal?
Thank de faddah for Jack.

1]; } ?>