March 28, 2024, 11:07:13 PM

Author Topic: *** Thanks & Congratulations Thread ***  (Read 30685 times)

Offline Warrior Prince

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
National Red day
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2006, 07:36:09 PM »
I know it proberly kina late but i doe find enough people wear red today lets come out in red tomorrow all warriors unite

Win lose or draw we are still warriors to d end
T-&-T!  #1 one Team in The WORLDDDDDDD

Offline ChipChipSilver

• 'Let the Good Times Roll'
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Do you feel like working today?
    • View Profile
Ah proud ah dem fellas, fans and de coaching staff.  All the best in the future and ah hope this is de beginning of greater things to come ... is trouble in 2010. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: 
In Everything, Give Thanks

Offline ninixx1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Man,

What a ride! Thank you Warriors, young and old, for the hard work and the support on and off the field. We never stopped believing and that is why we got this far. Imagine we got to the point where we were talking about possibly playing Germany in the second round.

Thank you to all on the board. I don't post too often but am here constantly laughing and crying with all yuh.

Russell and Dwight. Thanks for joining the fight one last time and making us all Soca Warriors!!!!!

Vibez it up.

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
ah have tuh big up Latas boy yuh serve we well..........thxs fuh all de good memories and me only wish was for he tuh get tuh play in de world cup and he did  :beermug: :beermug:

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: National Red day
« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2006, 08:54:25 PM »

Not tomorrow, that is too soon to start any kind of celebration, recovery, whatever.

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warrios Don't Cry!!
« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2006, 09:17:54 PM »
Man I bawl down the place, meh kids bring towel, 1 bring ah beer and next one call they mother, asking wha to do...I OK now...all the fixes wuk ;D

Yea, I am sure a lot of us are surprised by our own reaction and depth of feeling.

Offline saheedabdool

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warrios Don't Cry!!
« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2006, 09:21:35 PM »
I did cry. I cried when I saw TNT come out of that tunnel with Paraguay knowing we had a chance at the final 16. Pure tears of joy! No matter what the others say, I AM ONE PROUD TRINI.

All I know is that I have my Trinidad and Tobago flag in the window of my house ( I live in Toronto) and that flag will stay there until the end of the World Cup! I ain't jumping on any ban waggons anytime soon!

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks
« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2006, 09:27:00 PM »

What an incredible ride! WE actually made it to football's promised land and achieved a slice of football immortality.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2006, 09:35:22 PM »
Thanks SocaWarriors!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
Are we in T&T true supporters of football??
« Reply #99 on: June 20, 2006, 11:24:52 PM »
After the game i was in a desolate mood, i couldn't even fathom the thought of celebrating, yet still i see people jumping up and wining down the place like if we made the 2nd round. Sweden drew against us and their fans wanted to cry yet we lost and we jump up. Are we truly supporting football or just there to party. What do you all think? I know trini love to party, give us a chance and carnival will last for a week but when we lost to England and Paraguay, it was really disheartening for me and in no way could i bring myself to celebrate. It comes as though someone loses a loved one yet they gone a dance the same night. That's not a true fan.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 11:26:43 PM by FATZ »
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: Are we in T&T true supporters of football??
« Reply #100 on: June 20, 2006, 11:40:44 PM »
comming from the same man who say beenie was the most dissapointing man of de WC
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

WestCoastTrini

« Reply #101 on: June 20, 2006, 11:41:45 PM »
i personally am celebrating the FACTZ that Trinidad and Tobago held the Swedes to Nil - Nil
was able to hold off the english for 82 minutes before crotch scored a goal that if it was reversed it would NEVER been allowed and then to graciously end their World Cup campaign playing their BEST against Paraguay.
just my reasons.

THANK YOU to every single person who contributerd to Trinidad and Tobago getting to their first ever World Cup.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 21, 2006, 12:52:48 AM »
Anyone who gives their fullest effort is no loser.  Lose a game may be but in de game of life, dat is no loser padnah.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 21, 2006, 01:20:43 AM »
I hear what you say Fatz....and u make a good point.....but in the bigger picture, there is no need to mourn....what happened to Trinidad in the past couple weeks is a great thing....I was here in Germany to witness it first-hand...trust me, it is huge what we've done....I've never been so proud of Trini in my life. I dunno if u had to be here to see it, but it was as heart warming as u can imagine......

The smallest country in the World Cup made arguably the biggest mark on the tournament....it's just a start, and it's a good thing.......

From a purely footballing perspective, yes we have a lot to think about in a serious manner...but being here made me realize that this world cup was about much more than just football.........

GO T&T !!
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline croc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 21, 2006, 02:16:05 AM »
Did we lose? nah...we won respect.

Offline wtf

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Thank you T&T
« Reply #105 on: June 21, 2006, 03:05:20 AM »
Hi to all you people of Trinidad and Tobago,

I just wanted to say a quick "Thank you" for being such a wonderful part in this great party called WC 2006.

Thank you for a team with such a big heart and a great spirit, thank you for your enthusiastic and warm hearted fans that we had the pleasure to host here in Germany. You were an enrichment to our lives with all your kindness and your culture, that we had the chance to take a glimpse at.

You may have lost a game but you won millions of friends here in Germany.

All the best to each and everyone of you.
Take care!

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Our Tear Washed Flags
« Reply #106 on: June 21, 2006, 03:05:22 AM »
I was part of the many who succumb to the waterworks...

I´ll admit it was hard, but then again, its always hard to let go of that one enduring adventurous dream.

Yes we lost, Yes the pain is real, but we cannot loose sight of the bright future for even a second.

We have now four year to prepare and enjoy. Once again champions of the Caribbean and soon to be champions of CONCACAF.

Now with a World Cup under our belt we can look forward to a higher standard of football... wether or not Beenhakker stays he has layed out a top class system and he has set a high standard. To him I give my greatest gratitude.

To the players leaving out... Shaka, Yorke and Latapy... Thank you for be our heros and showing us that people from a tiny twin island nation can achieve so much in the enchanting world of football.

One player in particular I want to thank is Dennis Lawrence... your commitment to this team has been unbelievable... In the most crucial times you have played harder, faster and stronger. To many you will always remembered as one of the greatest who ever graced the T&T´s red, white and black.

and to all the other players who all showed us their commitment and drive... may your future continue to unfold brightly as your obvous talent demands it to.

and last but certainly not least... my forumites...

Thank you for showing that our support can match the support of any mghty footballing nation we meet.

Thank you all.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #107 on: June 21, 2006, 03:59:08 AM »
comming from the same man who say beenie was the most dissapointing man of de WC

Morvant like you ain't get use to this yet ?
Come on you here long time....people would la la la la, everybody jump on their wagon, den in 15 minutes who story change, and den everybody jump on their wagon....

steups

Morvant enjoy luv, more to come.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 21, 2006, 06:45:56 AM »
After the game i was in a desolate mood, i couldn't even fathom the thought of celebrating, yet still i see people jumping up and wining down the place like if we made the 2nd round. Sweden drew against us and their fans wanted to cry yet we lost and we jump up. Are we truly supporting football or just there to party. What do you all think? I know trini love to party, give us a chance and carnival will last for a week but when we lost to England and Paraguay, it was really disheartening for me and in no way could i bring myself to celebrate. It comes as though someone loses a loved one yet they gone a dance the same night. That's not a true fan.

The same can be asked of you...are you a true fan for moping and critisizing mere minutes after the game?

Are the true fans the ones that acknowledge that a team of old, 2nd division first time qualifiers represented their country very very well on a global stage? and so celebrate any achievement they have made?

Are the true fans the ones that are aware that there are countless other countries with much larger populations thus talent pools to draw from that would haved loved to see their team in the cup?

So on the day of the warriors return will you applaud the motorcade and cheer for them? or look for a big stone to buss beenie head?

Does that make you a true fan or a bitter man?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 06:51:28 AM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 21, 2006, 07:09:36 AM »
It brings a sweet since of satisfaction inside just thinking of the joy those fellas bought to us! The feeling inside if you're a die hard fan or a player of the game you would know the feelings that I feel! I told a friend of mines after yesterdays lost... I felt sad crying inside so no one can see as if I had just lost a love one but still had joy from the last couple of week meeting new friends and just sharing the niceness of the game we call football. I will never forget such a great experience. It made me proud to drive down the street in America where you are looked down as an outsider with a flag waving from my vehicle or the wearing of my national colours it made me proud to be Trini. May GOD bless our Boys our Nation and the continuous loves and togetherness with love as a people.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 21, 2006, 07:11:34 AM »
FATZ, just think of where Trinidad football was a year ago. I understand your point, but this is a big achievement for Trinidad & Tobago and i think is something to be PROUD of. Just remember you have to creep before you walk....We should all be proud of what those guys did.....

Offline Johpants

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 21, 2006, 07:33:21 AM »
Our nationality has never shone brighter than in these last two weeks. Thank you fellas, each and every one who contributed in this journey players and staff (including Fuentes). You have shown a nation of competing interests and agendas that we are united by a bond that is stronger and more important than any of the pettiness that we sometimes let divide us. From November 16, 2005 it started bubbling. It kept on slowly gaining momentum,  culminating in the overwhelming displays of national pride the likes of which have not been seen since independence. Thank you. We are Trinbagonians!!! We are the nation of the Soca Warriors!!!!

Offline Birchalls_no1fan

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: *****************Congratulations Thread*******************
« Reply #112 on: June 21, 2006, 07:34:59 AM »
Pride of Trinidad and Tobago them players were

Excellant world Cup You surprised a lot of people

keep up the good sprit

THERES ONLY ONE CHRIS BIRCHALL

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Thank you T&T
« Reply #113 on: June 21, 2006, 07:46:23 AM »
Hi to all you people of Trinidad and Tobago,

I just wanted to say a quick "Thank you" for being such a wonderful part in this great party called WC 2006.

Thank you for a team with such a big heart and a great spirit, thank you for your enthusiastic and warm hearted fans that we had the pleasure to host here in Germany. You were an enrichment to our lives with all your kindness and your culture, that we had the chance to take a glimpse at.

You may have lost a game but you won millions of friends here in Germany.

All the best to each and everyone of you.
Take care!

Thanks wtf.  Was privileged to be there to witness first hand the love and hospitality shown to us by the German people....and not just Germans...but all the other countries as well.  What an experience!!!  Thank you Soca Warriors for truly one of the best experiences in my life.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 21, 2006, 07:50:31 AM »
TO THE SOCA WARRIORS AND ALL THE PEOPLE OF SWEET T&T . THANK YOU.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 21, 2006, 07:53:09 AM »
Thank you soca warriors, you have made me so proud to be Trinbagonian. We showed the world that we belong on the big stage as well...they will never forget us, they'll be talking about the soca warriors for decades to come.  THANK YOU!!!

VIBES IT UP!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TRINITY CRoss For the Soca Warriors
« Reply #116 on: June 21, 2006, 07:58:50 AM »
Whatever they call it for 2006- They deserve the highest honour.

Offline HEARNAR

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 21, 2006, 08:00:29 AM »
I just have 2 words for the Soca Warriors "WELL DONE" You guys did Trinidad proud. :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
Reward for de guys
« Reply #118 on: June 21, 2006, 08:21:12 AM »
(ah know palos go move this post but ah posting it)  ;D
The highest reward for our guys
But beyond this i call upon the moderators to unite the forumites in this cause. All the players who played in this campaigne. From the qualifiers man like eve and hardest dem who put dey all in it from de start. Coaches like st Clair and Fervierre (what ever he name is) who played a part. Should be awarded if not the Trinity Cross de Chaconia gold.

For those who played a part in the days of the Strike squad i suggest the Chaconia Silver

Of the Classic squad that was cheated out by Haiti i say Chaconia bronze

I believe politics aside Jack Austin (de tief) Warner should be given de Trinity Cross or its equal for his efforts. 

Palos, Oconnerg Tallest Flex i call upon you'll tuh look into this effort --- Please preety please with ah cherry on top

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: *** Thanks & Congratulations Thread ***
« Reply #119 on: June 21, 2006, 08:41:02 AM »
Thank you Socawarriors for your heart and inspiration to all Red, white and Blackers.....  You have made your country super proud as im sure yourselves and you deserve it because allyuh wok real hard.  Thanks to Jack, Management, Coach, Staff and mostly Team.   

Allyuh could drink free in my rum shop anyday...
Warren N. Boucaud

1]; } ?>