April 25, 2024, 01:08:35 PM

Author Topic: *** Thanks & Congratulations Thread ***  (Read 30864 times)

Offline cascabel

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Warrios Don't Cry!!
« Reply #120 on: June 21, 2006, 09:06:17 AM »
Well done my Soca Warriors you did us proud!!

You may have fallen on the field of battle but you performed honourably!!!

You guys played your hearts out .....but it was not meant to be

'Latas' got to fulfill his dream of playing in the WC...

'Yorkie' finish his career going down with the ship ...a true captain...

Hold your heads high because you gave all three teams in the group a run for their money....

I am so proud of your achievements....look out 4 T&T in 2010!!!

And remember WARRIORS DON'T CRY!!
Couldnt have put it better myself.
They've done thier country proud.

I posted it yesterday, and I say it again today:  It was not about the scoring, but about making a statement and boy... did T&T ever make a statement.   A wealth of good is coming your way for the sport and for the nation.   The bashers and haters can only look at the bad but we, the supporters, look at the good, the solid, the promising, the POSITIVE.   

You imagine how many school children are now encouraged - no! fired-up - to take up the game or work harder at it?    They now have many role models to look up to.   It is no longer a distant dream to go to the WC and make the country proud.    It is a reality.   Something no longer to dream about but pursue in earnest.

Ignore the ones that do not believe and cherish the ones that share the passion.

Here in Cayman, I watched the games with co-workers from several of the nations that are participating - Argentina, Brazil, Ecuador, England, Holland and Mexico.   And you know what they all said??   That T&T played with their heart.   And I've heard that from many people here.   It is not always about scoring.   It is about making your mark, showing your skill and demonstrating that you have a right to be on the porch with the big dogs.  And your team did it.   Your team did you proud.

So, thank you.   I willl check in here regularly to keep track of the matches leading up to 2010, so.... keep me posted, please!

::)

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: *** Thanks & Congratulations Thread ***
« Reply #121 on: June 21, 2006, 09:30:13 AM »
SW thank you for a dream come tru, many had wish of seein yall play at the big stage but didn't live to see it, am jes glad to be able to wiitness such an occassion. thank you alot socawarriors. warrior 4 life, come on 2010 ah cyar wait :beermug:
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline torontotrinikey

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 21, 2006, 09:32:57 AM »
Hi I was just listening to i95.5 from work, and i was so incensed at what this person was saying I had to register here to give my congratulation to the Soca Warriors. This person was actually saying people shouldn't go to the airport to support the players, among other things.

I have never been so proud to be trinidadian. It was great seeing the flags waving here and all the unity that the soca warriors gave to trinbagonians here. I had people here at work, who are not even from T & T pulling for the Soca Warriors. They loved our spirit, and sense of fun, and they were just as sad that we didn't pull through to the second round. They were all so caught up in the whole thing.

I really really hope the people of T & T do not listen to that idiot and go out their to support the players. The world was watching and the world is watching how we handle ourselves.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 21, 2006, 10:01:27 AM »
Warriors, NUTTEN anybody say, could and would EVER take away the joy you brought to the country. And Mr Leo Beenhakker you came at a time when things werent looking good and gave us hope which then materialise into a dream......thank you for making this possible. Talk DUN!
.......time to go reflect some more and  :'( :'( :'( :'( like ah biatch

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 21, 2006, 10:10:38 AM »
word cant explain how I feal..
Thanks very Much Wariors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
warmonga..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #125 on: June 21, 2006, 10:22:20 AM »
Hi I was just listening to i95.5 from work, and i was so incensed at what this person was saying I had to register here to give my congratulation to the Soca Warriors. This person was actually saying people shouldn't go to the airport to support the players, among other things.

I have never been so proud to be trinidadian. It was great seeing the flags waving here and all the unity that the soca warriors gave to trinbagonians here. I had people here at work, who are not even from T & T pulling for the Soca Warriors. They loved our spirit, and sense of fun, and they were just as sad that we didn't pull through to the second round. They were all so caught up in the whole thing.

I really really hope the people of T & T do not listen to that idiot and go out their to support the players. The world was watching and the world is watching how we handle ourselves.

that must be Mrs.Icky who called in..steups

Thanks Yorkie and Crew!!
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline SweetParkie

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 21, 2006, 10:39:38 AM »
You guys rocked!!!! :D Of course we would have loved a few goals yesterday but, we still thank you for the joy you gave us these last few weeks.

Carlos, Yorke, Sancho, Shaka, Glen, Dennis and the others you played like stars man. God Bless!
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy!

Trinidadians unite and respect each other!!!

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 21, 2006, 10:45:04 AM »
Come 2008 more blood more sweat and more tears will be seen as the NEW and much more STRONGER Soca Warriors take to the field and battle their hearts out to reach South Africa and this time they wont be battling for no play off spot THEY GOIN FOR THE TOP SPOT!! LOOK OUT WORLD WE AINT DONE WITH YOU YET! WE COMING BACK BIGGER AND BADDER THAN EVER!!!!

Thank you Dwight, Shaka, Me Mum, Sancho, Edwards, Jack and the rest of the Warriors for showing that CONCACAF is NOT a weak Confederation in the World. 8) 8)

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
Re: Are we in T&T true supporters of football??
« Reply #128 on: June 21, 2006, 01:15:22 PM »
comming from the same man who say beenie was the most dissapointing man of de WC

Say what you want, it shows why the man has never won a game in the world cup. It's my right to criticise what i saw were shitty decisions because if it is not criticised, it will just happen again. If you want to accept a mediocre performance from a player, fine by me but i want and deserve better, we as a country deserve better. I don't want to be seen in the streets of London or Germany and all people have to say is where yuh partying tonight, i want to hear "aye you're from T&T right, i remember in the world cup when you all beat England" then the englishman thinks back to what he said and wants to start me because T&T put them out the cup.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :beermug:
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 21, 2006, 02:32:50 PM »
thank u warriors...it was definitely the bess time of my life...i have never been so proud to be a trini....everywhere in germany holland and paris pple were coming up to us and congratulating us on our great team and saying how much they loved our fans...and they would never have known if we didnt make it to the big dance
so thank you thank you thank you
Back in Trini...

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 21, 2006, 02:47:43 PM »
Congrats to the Warriors, you made the nation proud. Hopefully this is the start of bigger things to come in the future!

Offline Redbelt

• SHIFT_Redline
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
    • PiracyUnlimited.com, Anime & Manga
« Reply #131 on: June 21, 2006, 03:26:56 PM »
Warriors, do not lose heart

Shame I wanted to see you score at least

Your good people
And a good team
I wanted to see you play more

But god does what he wants

Congratulations warriors, you went further then you ever did.
That in itself, is a feat.

Let me see you again in 4 years.
Brothers.

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 21, 2006, 04:10:11 PM »
thanks warrior you made us proud,put tnt on the world map

Offline in dey pwefen!

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 21, 2006, 07:17:16 PM »
It was more than a great performance from the warriors. You have made us proud to be Trinidadians & Tobagonians. We can stand and speak without any shame whatever about how great you played and how much potential there is to once again grace the world cup soccer fields.
Thanks and we wish you all well. God bless.

Offline ZionYouth

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 21, 2006, 07:31:25 PM »
Thank u for everything u all have done for us,u have made me very proud this is something that none of us will ever foreget..especialy me... :cheers:

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
Re: Are we in T&T true supporters of football??
« Reply #135 on: June 21, 2006, 08:01:40 PM »
comming from the same man who say beenie was the most dissapointing man of de WC

Say what you want, it shows why the man has never won a game in the world cup. It's my right to criticise what i saw were shitty decisions because if it is not criticised, it will just happen again. If you want to accept a mediocre performance from a player, fine by me but i want and deserve better, we as a country deserve better. I don't want to be seen in the streets of London or Germany and all people have to say is where yuh partying tonight, i want to hear "aye you're from T&T right, i remember in the world cup when you all beat England" then the englishman thinks back to what he said and wants to start me because T&T put them out the cup.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :beermug:

sound like you wanted blood not ah victory....we play with what we had,nothing more, unfortunately Beenie did not have Ronaldinho or Kaka to go to and the last time I checked Ballack was still playing for Gemany, so he was also out ah de question,nobody wanted to see Latapy play more dan me,buh we wud only be guessing if we said we wud have win if he played.Come on, Beenie is not David Blaine,all of ah sudden he cannot turn TnT into world beaters ,yes we cud have  won those games but we cud have  won them wid the same players Beenie been putting on the field .We as Soca Warriors feel we have ah right to criticize his decisions(and we do this is a discussion board) but it's easy to do that now,after the fact.None ah we eh reall know how bad Beenie wanted to take TnT thru to the next round,by winning his first WC game as ah coach.This WC meant just as much to Beenie and I believe he did what his professional expierence guided him to do.
To knock Beenie is to say yuh cyar accept yuh losses and yuh going an point finger now......Beenie is de man bring we to de WC... doe hate !!!!
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #136 on: June 21, 2006, 08:05:46 PM »
some ppl on this site suffering from short-term memory loss

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 21, 2006, 09:41:35 PM »

bless up to the warriors for a job well done

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Valefan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 26, 2006, 12:32:04 AM »
You guys like the African teams came to the finals as underdogs and are leaving as heros. You played with passion, conviction, integritty and most importantly off all, with a smile on your faces.

It makes me feel a little ashamed to be English seeing you guys and reading this thread. Any excuse in this country to rip on our team- especially Mr Errikson and Becks. You give your team maximum support and now the whole world is looking forward to wathcing the Trini party next time round.

Noiw you know what has to be done- your coach is clearly very switched on and he can prepare you for next time. With the greatest of respect it is fair to say that one of our subs for example Carragher, is worth more than your entire squad and yet you nealry held us. This is not the tactics of a garbage manager. You have the players and now their profile will rise- they'll move to bigger better clubs and come back to play for the warriors even better.

If you ask me your island in the sun just got a little brighter
GOOOO on Me MUM

Offline croc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 26, 2006, 02:28:09 AM »
thanks Warriors you made me real proud....u will be there again in 2010 and fellers I need your support for the SOCCEROOS....at least one more win just for football in this country ...respect.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 26, 2006, 03:50:30 AM »
Well mih eh know where to start.....cuz I had so many experiences here in Germany (I still here, going home de end ah de week), dat mih chest want to buss wid pride at dem fellas....

First, de way dem people mek we Trinbagonians feel like celebrities....mih pose fuh so much pics (ah woman even give mih she baby to hold and pose wid!!!)..... :D

Den we meet some Dutch fans on de train de day after de Paraguay game.....and dey take one look at we red, white and black juzzy and say "Trinidad and Tobago!!!!....Beenhaaker!!!"...and mih pose fih more pics... :D

Den mih meet 2 UK fans who say de boys scare dem during de UK game....

Den mih meet some fellas from Finland who cyar talk English good but when mih ask how dey find TnT play (after de Paraguay match)...one say "Good, good".....another one pipe up "The wrong team win!!"...

Mih point is we left such a lasting impression dat to me it eh matter what de coach do or eh do....it doh matter dat we didn't score ah goal....the boys did well and I will never forget them for the memories and experiences I had...

CONGRATULATIONS BOYS!!!!   WARRIORS LUV 4EVER!!!!!......

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 26, 2006, 10:45:45 AM »
Words cannot express how I feel about the Warriors. i have never felt more proud to be a person from this great twin island republic. In Germany everybody big u up when they heard we were from TNT.

I luv to travel if it were not 4 the warriors I would never have considered spending the money and I was able to see the Eiffel Tower, Ann Frank House the boat ride on the Thames and the London eye.

This was all possible because of the Warriors.

I now have to find the money 4 S/Africa because in 2010 we coming 4 them
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 26, 2006, 04:02:47 PM »
Kinda redundant to post now...but what an incredible journey it was for those two weeks in Germany.  Thank you Soca Warriors, you did us all proud and we look forward to building upon this little bit of success.  Thank you to our cultural ambassadors, the artistes who introduced Soca to a new crowd and indelibly stamped TnT across their memories.  Thank you to my fellow fans...collectively we represented the spirit of the Trini people well...win...lose...or draw, we supporting our boys and feting into the nite.  Special thanks to my road crew and fellow forumites...Trinifan, Bagosoldier and "Uncle Junior"... ;D

God-willing we'll do it all over again in South Africa in 2010.

Offline dtool

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 26, 2006, 05:34:59 PM »
Good job Warriors ......

Flex how long this site in operation .....

I think you should should get something .....

Well done to all ......

1]; } ?>