April 19, 2024, 03:24:04 PM

Author Topic: TD gives Soca Warriors a big up on TV  (Read 1983 times)

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TD gives Soca Warriors a big up on TV
« on: June 09, 2005, 08:46:04 AM »
This morning i just happened to be flicking through channels and saw an interview in progress with linoln Phillips on Channel4.He shared his views on the game as well as his own plans for development of T&T football. here are some of the highlights:-

1. Funding from thr Gov't and to a lesser extent the private sector will soon facilitate ALL national teams being in training YEAR-round as opposed to just being assembled weeks/months before a tournament.

2. Lincoln is PERSONALLY holding training sessions EVERY Wednesday for pro and Super league goal-keepers at Ato boldon

3.Lincoln felt the team is progressing and gave a VERY good account of themselves last night (a view shared by ALL callers to the program, including yours truly). In fact he went so far as to say it was the best performance EVER by a T&T team IN MEXICO.

4. He felt the T&T team needs a speedy striker and a solid defensive midfielder (PERSONALLY I THINK WE ALREADY HAVE THEM in the form of Glen/Scotland/Sealy and Spann)

5. Lincoln said his son contacted him about J Lloyd samuel, and that T&T (ie Leo) would approach him.

6. When a caller asked about the availability of guys like Zamora and Tony Warner, he said that he had already been given those names, FROM THE GUYS AT SOCA WARRIORS.COM. In fact he said if you want to find out virtually ANYthing about T&T football past and present then THAT (THIS) is the place to visit on-line. I believe he said something like "I don't know HOW and Where those guys get their info, BUT THEY GOOD"!! So take a bow ALL forumites!!! Special Big up to Flex and de Tallman!!!

I like to end on a positive! Despite last night's result I STILL think we doing it!! Germany 2006!!! See allyuh in Miami next month!!!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2005, 08:50:15 AM by Tallman »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TD gives Soca Warriors a big up on TV
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 09:02:07 AM »
Lincoln felt the team is progressing and gave a VERY good account of themselves last night (a view shared by ALL callers to the program, including yours truly). In fact he went so far as to say it was the best performance EVER by a T&T team IN MEXICO.

Yes, he is correct. Dis is de least amount of goals we have conceded in Mexico. It is also de first time since 1969 (when we drew 0-0 in Costa Rica at de CONCACAF Regional Finals) dat we have not conceded a goal in de first half when we have played Mexico outside of T&T.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2005, 09:07:25 AM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline concerned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 09:08:56 AM »
Patriot ....I was the caller....concerned

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 09:15:01 AM »
Yeah all.... Flex,Tallman and forumites must take a bow.Fantastic site especially for all Trinis home and abroad.We have more information here than TTFF ;D.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 09:26:57 AM »
Patriot ....I was the caller....concerned

I THOUGHT it was another forumite...nice to see us representing! I was the first caller (from maraval)

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2005, 09:49:34 AM »
Nice to see de site getting dey lil big up an ting. People does get ah lot ah info from all yuh . Plenty ting bout we team ah could pick on this site. Take ah round of applause .
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2005, 10:18:19 AM »
Ah love it! congrats to flex and tallman.

And everyone else who is their own way makes this the best trini site!!

LEH MEH HEAR IT FUH DE BEST TRINI SITE..hip hip!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

1]; } ?>