April 24, 2024, 08:12:27 PM

Author Topic: Players Love and Concern  (Read 15304 times)

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
Re: Much Respect to Brent Sancho!!!
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2006, 10:52:37 PM »
Sancho will lead the line for 2010, back to the mother land we going.
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline Redditch Valiant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Much Respect to Brent Sancho!!!
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2006, 02:29:24 AM »
What a great thread! If this was in England, the chances are the unlucky defender would have had abuse, not consolation. Brent had a great World Cup and played his heart out. Sh*t happens!  :)
Proud to be an honorary "Trinbagonian"
GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!!

Offline Redditch Valiant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Any word on Cornell?
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2006, 02:35:53 AM »
Cornell was undoubtedly one of the best players on the pitch before his injury. Hope it's not too serious.
Proud to be an honorary "Trinbagonian"
GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!!

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2006, 06:53:05 AM »
From the look of it on replay he might have busted his ACL located in the knees.  With surgery to replace the torn ligament and proper rehab he'll be back playing in a couple months!Hopefully I'm wrong! If he had not gotten hurt we would have scored at least two! My heart drop when I saw his injury... knowing he was one of our main chances of scoring goals in the tournament.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Milan!!!

• Naps man fuh life!!!
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sancho!!! We still love yuh boy
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2006, 06:53:26 AM »
sanco..shit happens bredrin...jus keep holding yuh head high yute!!!...good things come to those who wait..and the way I see it...Trinidad on the way up in world football...Sancho has great things ahead of him..he showed such determination and fight..and is quite perhaps my best pick for defender of the three games that trinidad played in...Cant wait to see u guys in the Gold Cup...KICK COME yankee ASSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2006, 07:03:08 AM »
I think Brent was very outstanding in this WC, de man played like a true warrior!!!!! Doh study that own goal brudda :beermug: :beermug: Ah mean yuh pardnas go drop some ole talk on yuh in years to come...But yuh know how we Trinis are!!!!! :rotfl:

Offline Johpants

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2006, 07:12:25 AM »
The replays of the injury were pretty difficult to watch. I pray that it is not too serious and that it in no way affects any offers that may have come his way given his performances.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Love for Stern John
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2006, 07:21:07 AM »
I know many of us here find Stern doing badly and that he is crap etc. but I appeal to EVERYONE on the board to not say anything negative about Stern anymore and we can send him off into retirement with our love.

Let us recognise the man as our all time leading goal-scorer. There was a time his ratio was more than a goal per game in internationals.He was a guaranteed scorer off the bench when he first broke into the team and eventually his name became ''Bound to score''.

For the Gold Cup when Nahkid missed the penalty, we cried as a nation when Stern get injured right before.

In the past 2-3 years, he has not been as good as we remember, but he and Ronaldo are the same age and  Ronaldo is a shadow of himself as well so Stern is in good company. Ronaldo has already signalled his intent to retire from the national team after the world cup, so too should Stern.

He has done all he needs to with the national team: record scorer, a million shell cups and a world cup appearance. Now he can spend his next few years concentrating on his club career and accomplish somethign there. He knows that he leaves the national team in good hands with Kenwyne Jones and Scott Sealy to fulfil his role.

He has served us well and there will be no better way to go out than now. I salute you Stern and I hope you will all join me in saying goodbye to Trinidad's most prolific striker ever and allow him to leave a hero.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2006, 07:22:51 AM »
Hope he doesn't ask Dog for advice on surgery

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2006, 07:26:26 AM »
Sancho ... hard luck pardna ... deez things does happen ...BUT YUH PLAYED YUH HEART OUT AND FUH DAT YUH GET NUFF RESPEST AND MAD LOVE ... U IS A TRUE WARRIOR ... keep up the hard work it will pay off ... this was just an appetizer, a little taste of what you and the rest of the team can do ... onward to 2010 ... WC 2006 is over fuh we ... but tell dem dat we now reach cuz is respect all over the world ...
Snake in de balliser

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2006, 07:30:32 AM »
Hope he doesn't ask Dog for advice on surgery

Dog go have him laying hands on he knee's yes praying!  :rotfl: Alyuh ah joking but GOD could really heal yuh... but he have sugents and doctors here for miner stuff! OK MAVIN!! ;D
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Johpants

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2006, 07:49:06 AM »
My heart went out to you when it happened and at the end of the game when you lay there just looking up to the heavens. Don't beat yourself up about it. I hope that it doesn't spoil your memories of this wonderful ride. I thought that it was very cool of Gamarra to come up to commiserate with you after the game seeing that he more than many of us knew exactly what you must have been feeling. I hope that you were able to take some heart from that and realize that it could happen to anyone. You fought a great fight and there are lots of great things in store for you. I'm looking forward to some more footage of your extempo skills on the ride back to Trini!

ps: Start preparing the comeback lines for your pardners who are bound to give you some stick in the future.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: Love for Stern John
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2006, 08:05:42 AM »
I know many of us here find Stern doing badly and that he is crap etc. but I appeal to EVERYONE on the board to not say anything negative about Stern anymore and we can send him off into retirement with our love.

Let us recognise the man as our all time leading goal-scorer. There was a time his ratio was more than a goal per game in internationals.He was a guaranteed scorer off the bench when he first broke into the team and eventually his name became ''Bound to score''.

For the Gold Cup when Nahkid missed the penalty, we cried as a nation when Stern get injured right before.

In the past 2-3 years, he has not been as good as we remember, but he and Ronaldo are the same age and  Ronaldo is a shadow of himself as well so Stern is in good company. Ronaldo has already signalled his intent to retire from the national team after the world cup, so too should Stern.

He has done all he needs to with the national team: record scorer, a million shell cups and a world cup appearance. Now he can spend his next few years concentrating on his club career and accomplish somethign there. He knows that he leaves the national team in good hands with Kenwyne Jones and Scott Sealy to fulfil his role.

He has served us well and there will be no better way to go out than now. I salute you Stern and I hope you will all join me in saying goodbye to Trinidad's most prolific striker ever and allow him to leave a hero.

:applause:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2006, 08:22:07 AM »
In reply to spideybuff

You gettin on like Stern ready to retire.  Perhaps I missed de announcement dat he did make sayin dat, but if he didn't, I really eh think dat is de case.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2006, 08:24:32 AM »
GOODBYE ?...wham dis is ah joke or ah lame attempt to be sarcastic ...right now Stern is 29 and until someone else show dey cud step up to de plate and score for TnT like Stern, he will still be TnT best striker.Stern John is ah true professional and to write him off becuz he eh score against the likes off Mellberg,Terry,Ferdenand,Gamara,to name ah few is not reasonable.How much goals Santa Cruz,Michael Owen,Wayne Rooney,Ibramovich,Ronaldo,Ronaldino,Zidane...too name ah few and these players playing wid world class players alongside them,how much goals dey score for de WC..EH ?
De same amount as Stern.Like it or not Stern John goals took us to dis WC,doh dis de man by playing yuh showing 'Love for Stern John' and at de same time yuh trying tuh push him out de door ,is he take we to de highest level in football and imo he deserve muchmuch  more respect dan dis.

p.s  whos you to retire Stern John ?

STERN JOHN BIG TIME PLAYER !!!!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 08:26:07 AM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2006, 08:31:45 AM »

Hmmmmmm... :-\ :-\ :thinking: :thinking:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline danibaby

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2006, 08:33:57 AM »
Doh study it Brenty yuh played yuh heart out! We love you still you are a true warrior! Jana girl i hope when yuh finally get that ring is he own goal.  :rotfl: Congrats to you two and all the best in the future!

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2006, 08:35:45 AM »
YES!! BRENT SANCHO you are still my horse, you played very well! HOLD YOUR HEAD UP HIGH!!!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 08:53:38 AM by Pointman »
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2006, 08:53:47 AM »

Hmmmmmm... :-\ :-\ :thinking: :thinking:

HHmmmmm what ? wham wey yuh tinking bout Palos ..
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2006, 08:54:18 AM »
Stern John has not shown me that he can be effective as a real striker without help of the midfielders. I don't know what people see in him just standind around waiting for I don't know what? I guess for the ball to fall out the sky so he can make his famous two arm ketch! lol  Stearn John would probally would have been effective if Lasta were in the game to created and feed him the ball ...yes feed him the ball!  I'm no where near to Bennie statue of coaching the game... but If it's one time I will question his decision... it would be why he continued to have Stern John play up front without him making any treats as a striker in the pre warm up games and or the first two world cup games. It seem as if he doesn't have the ability to create for himself or face on defenders or move without the ball... but stand with his back towards the defence and play the ball back even when there is no one on him without even turning around. I had notice that Dwight had adapt the same attitude playing in England which kinda of made him ineffective after coming back to play for us from Man-U.

I guess playing as Strikers you are thought to play with the help of your midfields than face up defender because Yorke was brilliant with Beckham and Company but when he came back home he was not himself at all and it's been the same with Stern John a no show. He would have been on the bench.

Offline firebun

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2006, 08:54:33 AM »
Aye.....we know yuh feeling like you have the world on your shoulders.This is one soca warrior that go stand with you. Who else with mih?
I see the man lie down, look to the sky and feel to cry.
NOBODY wants to score an own goal.....the man tried.......this is football, sh!t happens. Doh worry padna...we behind you and the rest of the team. all we can do is look ahead, leave the ole talk and the past to the people that have nothing but that to talk about.

you stole the words right out of my mouth but let me say it again:
SANCHO WE STILL LUV YAH.  Mistakes do happen and we would not hold that against you. :beermug: you fought hard throughout and for that I would remember more than the own goal.

STERN, it is hard for the love word to come out mih mouth now (after your performance yesterday's) but I will just try to remember the good ole days when you scored and it is part of your contribution that sent us to the World Cup in the first place. so cheers :beermug:

BIRCHALL, good fight boy.  You fought hard for the entire tournament.  I felt your blood, sweat and tears.  Trinidad will always love u and your mum and remember your passion for this country

Yorke, you really is 37?  YOu played spectacular yesterday and throughout the tournament.    :applause:
Its a pity this is your last world cup!  You carried the Soca Warriors in fine style.

Latapy: you lived up to your name yesterday, little magician.  brilliant shot at the goal and even though it did not go in the net, it is just as good as if it did.  Sad to see you go!  

Carlos: boy, from the first time I saw you play with the Guatemala game, i thought we would see something grand from you. even though it did not happen in this world cup, you did excellent from the qualifying days.  i hope to see you in South Africa in 2010 as our star player.  GOOD JOB! LOVE YOU!

Withley: San Juan massive! great job throughout mih boy.  Continue to do San Juan and your country proud.  Don't stop now, you have very far to go!  

Shaka:  We will never forget dem saves.  Thanks boy, you did your part :applause:

Jack:  Although ah don't know what de hell u were trying at the first part of the game, u still did us proud. congrats mih boy, we love u too.

to all the others, to many to mention.  T&T loves you and keep on excelling. :applause: :chilling:

firebun out
 :flamethrower:

We cyah wait to welcome allyuh back home.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Players Love and Concern
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2006, 09:00:23 AM »
In order to tidy the board a little bit, all shout out to players expressing love and concern will be placed here.!

oconnorg
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2006, 09:20:54 AM »
Stern John has not shown me that he can be effective as a real striker without help of the midfielders. I don't know what people see in him just standind around waiting for I don't know what? I guess for the ball to fall out the sky so he can make his famous two arm ketch! lol  Stearn John would probally would have been effective if Lasta were in the game to created and feed him the ball ...yes feed him the ball!  I'm no where near to Bennie statue of coaching the game... but If it's one time I will question his decision... it would be why he continued to have Stern John play up front without him making any treats as a striker in the pre warm up games and or the first two world cup games. It seem as if he doesn't have the ability to create for himself or face on defenders or move without the ball... but stand with his back towards the defence and play the ball back even when there is no one on him without even turning around. I had notice that Dwight had adapt the same attitude playing in England which kinda of made him ineffective after coming back to play for us from Man-U.

I guess playing as Strikers you are thought to play with the help of your midfields than face up defender because Yorke was brilliant with Beckham and Company but when he came back home he was not himself at all and it's been the same with Stern John a no show. He would have been on the bench.

...you eh have ah idea bout de game boy.....wha yuh just say dey make green grass grow in mexico.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline joadav

• New Warrior
  • Tortola BVI here I come!
    • View Profile
Re: Players Love and Concern
« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2006, 11:10:49 AM »
Yes I felt it for Brent yesterday.  He played his heart out in the previous games and also yesterday.  We still love you and think you are the best!!! Hold your head up you and the rest of the team have made us really proud.  God Bless! :)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 06:48:48 PM by joadav »
*ht007

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2006, 11:49:46 AM »
In reply to spideybuff

You gettin on like Stern ready to retire.  Perhaps I missed de announcement dat he did make sayin dat, but if he didn't, I really eh think dat is de case.

Is a gentle push so he doh get run out of town cause i remember what the man do for us while others only remembering the one who always falling down ,offside, a step slower and throwing away chances that Kenwyne Jones makes look simple.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2006, 12:25:55 PM »

...you eh have ah idea bout de game boy.....wha yuh just say dey make green grass grow in mexico.
How many attempts did Stern John have at goal in the world cup or did he even make that big of an impact is my questionl? Do you even know or maybe yuh blind! You couldn't even make a suggestion but a dumb comment... which means you looking for small talk.

Offline trickadadian

• New Warrior
  • I am ah warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2006, 01:54:47 PM »
big up to sancho.....Trinidad not like Colombia when de man get murda for scoring an own goal, we go juss show we love & appreciation because really an truly........they deserve a lotta praise.....I never feel so proud in meh life to  be a trini....never...........

2010............is madness.................

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2006, 04:42:03 PM »

How many attempts did Stern John have at goal in the world cup or did he even make that big of an impact is my questionl? Do you even know or maybe yuh blind! You couldn't even make a suggestion but a dumb comment... which means you looking for small talk.

I looking for small talk no no no is not me ,you is de one come on here wid dah 'small talk'  talking bout 'so he could make his famous two arm ketch' wham dat suppose to be ah joke ? and yuh want tuh tell me bout small talk boy STUEEPPPPPPPPPSSSS!!!!........Like I said before, doe come down on Stern John becuz he eh score ,look it have world calss strikers like Owen,Rooney,Ronaldo,Ibrambovitch,Drogba,Santa Cruz to name ah few dat eh score yet and dey playing alongside some ah de best midfielders  in de world.Yuh want tuh know how much shot Stern take ,well  ask yuh self how much  pass or thru ball de midfield gave him to shoot and score,.daiz how much shots he took.Apart from Glens shot against Sweden (which Stern gave him ah beautiful pass,buh ah guess yuh did'nt see dat) Stern had de best chance for ah TnT goal and like ah true warrior dive thru Ferdinand and Terry heading to goal,now yuh want tuh blame him becuz Terry clear de ball off de line??   
.Stern John did not have an easy task in dis WC and it easy for yuh come and say shit bout him now buh wey was saying  wen he score dem goals for we to qualify ...eh? Stern hah all yuh so spoilt dat all yuh expect him to score every game against every team regardless ah de opposition,and if he eh do dat, he eh no good,de only time people appreaciate Stern John is wen he score ........and yuh want tuh tell me I looking for 'small talk'

STERN JOHN AH NATIONAL HERO .........LIKE HIM OR NOT!!!!
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline joadav

• New Warrior
  • Tortola BVI here I come!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2006, 06:35:48 PM »
The replays of the injury were pretty difficult to watch. I pray that it is not too serious and that it in no way affects any offers that may have come his way given his performances.

They indicated that he may be out for about six weeks, but I wish him a speedy recovery, and God's blessings.
*ht007

1]; } ?>