March 29, 2024, 07:38:52 AM

Author Topic: Problem with the Team  (Read 7429 times)

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Problem with the Team
« on: June 21, 2006, 06:13:28 PM »
Our biggest challenges during this world cup was getting into an attacking mode, and secondly the team only has one quality striker - Stern John.

All of the other teams knew this and so they shut down our lone striker and we couldn't score a single goal.  Carlos, Yorke, Dwight, Birchall, Glenn, and Latapy all had clear shots on goal and none scored - some even failed to trouble the goal keeper.  I really think that the shot that Yorke had in this last game would have hit the back of the net if Stern had taken it, but again Paraguay like everyone else relentlessly crowded Stern and rendered him ineffective.

I really hope that we start developing new strikers so that no team could pull off what they did to us in this world cup again.  Right now, I think that Glenn is looking very good, but besides him we have nobody. 
Not a worry though, because there will definitey be new talent coming up especially after our excellent showing in this tournament.

My name is 1989 and I am a Soca Warrior!
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with the Team
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 06:21:54 PM »
Our biggest challenges during this world cup was getting into an attacking mode, and secondly the team only has one quality striker - Stern John.

All of the other teams knew this and so they shut down our lone striker and we couldn't score a single goal.  Carlos, Yorke, Dwight, Birchall, Glenn, and Latapy all had clear shots on goal and none scored - some even failed to trouble the goal keeper.  I really think that the shot that Yorke had in this last game would have hit the back of the net if Stern had taken it, but again Paraguay like everyone else relentlessly crowded Stern and rendered him ineffective.

I really hope that we start developing new strikers so that no team could pull off what they did to us in this world cup again.  Right now, I think that Glenn is looking very good, but besides him we have nobody. 
Not a worry though, because there will definitey be new talent coming up especially after our excellent showing in this tournament.

u obviously ddont know shit bout football nah...and also ent see our game against Paraguay!
U didnt see how much attacks we put forward???
u gots to be joking!
Our only problem u could say is converting those attacks into goals...we just needed the strikers to put the ball in the back of the net....full stop

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 06:22:40 PM »
r u some ah de talent coming up??/ lord help us if u play like u reason
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 06:27:57 PM »
r u some ah de talent coming up??/ lord help us if u play like u reason

u talking to me?

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 06:32:07 PM »

u obviously ddont know shit bout football nah...and also ent see our game against Paraguay!
u gots to be joking!
Our only problem u could say is converting those attacks into goals...we just needed the strikers to put the ball in the back of the net....full stop

WTD just be careful with your words... >:(

I am commenting on our overall performance.  Everyone has agreed that we were primarily defensive in our playing, just read a few articles on FIFA.  Paraguay was different - and it was different because it was do or die at that time.  The reality is, attacking wins games.  You don't normally score by defending.

But I'm not going to get off on some tangent that I never intended.  I support the team 100% and I would like to see them win as many games as they can.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 06:34:43 PM »

u gots to be joking!

I am commenting on our overall performance.  Everyone has agreed that we were primarily defensive in our playing, just read a few articles on FIFA.  Paraguay was different - and it was different because it was do or die at that time.  The reality is, attacking wins games.  You don't normally score by defending.

But I'm not going to get off on some tangent that I never intended.  I support the team 100% and I would like to see them win as many games as they can.

You ent see the second half?? we put rell atacks forward
obviously there were times when we had to defend! ::)
After that performance..i am convinced that we are just as strong on the attack as we are in defence!
the only problem is finishing..thaz where stern comes in ... :-\

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 06:47:56 PM »

u gots to be joking!

You ent see the second half?? we put rell atacks forward
obviously there were times when we had to defend! ::)
After that performance..i am convinced that we are just as strong on the attack as we are in defence!
the only problem is finishing..thaz where stern comes in ... :-\

yeah but how much balls did Stern get to finish...de only half chance he get was cleared off de line by Terry...doh blame Stern
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 06:51:20 PM »
Read Flex's interview with the TD, the problem is not as simple as some described above.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006, 07:15:01 PM »
1989 yuh have no brain awat?

like yuh eh see Jones or Glen play... are you so completely oblivious to the amount of talent we have in the two... including also Collin Samuels AND Jason Scotland...

stewpssssssssssssssss       how f**kin one dimensional can you get man.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline ZionYouth

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2006, 07:22:48 PM »
The team play very very well, like WTD say we just need someone tuh put de ball in de back ah de net...consistently....

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2006, 08:11:33 PM »
1989 yuh have no brain awat?

like yuh eh see Jones or Glen play... are you so completely oblivious to the amount of talent we have in the two... including also Collin Samuels AND Jason Scotland...

stewpssssssssssssssss       how f**kin one dimensional can you get man.

Aye fool, you can't read or what?  Learn to read before you cuss ok?!!!

In the post I stated that Glen is looking good.  He is already a threatening striker.
All others need further development to be threatening at this level.  Of course, I concede that Scotland didn't get a chance in this World Cup, but the point of my post is that we need to start creating more deadly strikers, so that we no longer depend solely upon one star man.

Please get of that ignorant cuss before I think bus.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2006, 09:48:57 PM »
the problem with our team is not Stern John or that we don't have quality strikers. The problem is our midfield.  We lack a midfield that can make the transition from defense to attack and vice versa effectively on a consistant basis. The only midfielder on our team who does this consistantly and effectively is Carlos Edwards.

The reason why we defended so well from against sweden and england is because our entire midfield played defence.  However in those two games when we went forward we never had more than two players in the box except on set pieces.  Anyone with a football brain who watched the games could see that our midfield didn't push too far forward because they were afraid to get caught on the counter attack.  We have attacking players in Jones, Glen, Scotland, Samuel etc.  The problem is playing an attacking lineup creates an imbalance in our team and leaves our defence vulnerable.

Yesterday's game was a perfect example.  We played the most attacking football of all three games but our defence also looked the most shakey of all three games.

Offline masterblaster

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2006, 10:29:32 PM »
We had no problem transitioning from midfield to the forward line.  But come on people!!! How could your main striker not have one meaningful shot in de World Cup in three games.  Everybody else in the midfield and forward line got at least one shot.   That is terrible!!!

Maybe Beenie wanted de man to hold up de ball but ....Jeeezzz an ages.... de man is de top scorer for dis country and he cyar make de opposing keeper make one save.  Poor positioning, lack of talent, who knows....but I have heard from friends and family in England and they say Stern is way too lazy for an international striker at this level.  Cornell have the skills and speed required.  No World Cup team will allow a striker to just stand up in the box and wait for ball to come to him....Yuh have to run at defenders and find space!!!!

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2006, 11:21:08 PM »
We had no problem transitioning from midfield to the forward line.  But come on people!!! How could your main striker not have one meaningful shot in de World Cup in three games.  Everybody else in the midfield and forward line got at least one shot.   That is terrible!!!

Maybe Beenie wanted de man to hold up de ball but ....Jeeezzz an ages.... de man is de top scorer for dis country and he cyar make de opposing keeper make one save.  Poor positioning, lack of talent, who knows....but I have heard from friends and family in England and they say Stern is way too lazy for an international striker at this level.  Cornell have the skills and speed required.  No World Cup team will allow a striker to just stand up in the box and wait for ball to come to him....Yuh have to run at defenders and find space!!!!

Like you eh  see Terry clearing Sterns header off the line,or de header he miss from de corner or de pass he give Glenn to hit de cross bar ...Stern did many other things,he held the line well and brought the midfield into play,all de time being properly roughed up by some ah de best defenders in de world....'We had no problem transitioning from midfield to the foward line' ..are you serious ? what games were you watching ?  when Stern distrubutes that ball to the midfield he cyar get it back, doh blame him for that.De only shot that hit de woodwork, is Stern give de pass,how come he eh get one ah dem passes from anyone.l Yuh talking bout 'yuh have to run at defenders and find space'...it easy for  yuh to sit down behind yuh computer ah type dat ,buh go out on the pitch and do it nah, all yuh cyar even make de bench far less geh ah invitation tuh practice wid ah small goal side, buh you know exactly what TnT leading goal scorer shudda do in de WC tuh geh shots at goals....Until somebody on the TnT team show dey cud score like Stern(and for anybodys information 12 goals in de concacaf wasn't 10years ago it was just de odda day, for we to qualify) he is still we best goal scoring striker in TnT .
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 11:49:18 PM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006, 04:58:26 AM »

We attack for the whole Paraguay game, and what was the result?
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Latent

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2006, 07:14:14 AM »
The problem for us in that Paraguay game was our finishing. We played all over them in the second half, we just could not put away our chances. This may indicate that we lack a clinical finisher in the team. Even the European commentatator admitted this when he said that TnT lacks a cutting edge up front.

I am hoping with the future forwards and strikers like Cornell Glen, Colin Samuels and Kenwyn Jones would develop into one of these persons. They are already good forwards who can run at the defense, get pass defenders and put away one in every two or three chances they get. Hopefully, they will continue to improve and become even greater than they are now.

Just one thing of note, I believe that someone should have been feeding the ball a little more to Birchall so that he would have been able to take more outside shots during our World Cup games. He had excellent games in midfield but his shooting was lacking in the World Cup.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2006, 07:15:39 AM »
''think that Glenn is looking very good, but besides him we have nobody''

but tell me have you ever seen Kenwyne Jones, Jason Scotland or Collin Samuel play!?

stewps... imps we have plenty strikers with lots of talent other than Stern John... infact I think almost all of our strikers down to Anthony Wolfe might not be as polished as Stern but have much more talent than he ever did.

Even fellahs like Scott Sealy will be continueing to develope in the next four years so im not worried atol...

but dont come with this setta f**kery that other than John and Glenn we doh have no quality strikers... you need to go to the Gols galore section and watch all de Kenwyne Jones goals... then, tell me if deman is not a quality striker...

The problem with the team is not quality striker its the lack of an attacking chemistry between our attacking midfeild players and the forwards... Look at Real Madrid... chok full of talented players and yet they cah score... 1989 sometimes its not all about the quality...        i may look like a simple equation but its not.... like Beenie said himself... ''in football 1+1 doesnt always =2''
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 07:19:54 AM by Jefferz »
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2006, 07:54:23 AM »
Everybody is a 4 King coach....

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2006, 07:59:03 AM »
NOW EVERYBODY IS AH $#%@ING COACH.... GET AH LIFE ALL  EH KNOW ANY #$@%ING BETTER.......
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2006, 08:55:29 AM »

Like you eh  see Terry clearing Sterns header off the line,or de header he miss from de corner or de pass he give Glenn to hit de cross bar ...Stern did many other things,he held the line well and brought the midfield into play,all de time being properly roughed up by some ah de best defenders in de world....'We had no problem transitioning from midfield to the foward line' ..are you serious ? what games were you watching ?  when Stern distrubutes that ball to the midfield he cyar get it back, doh blame him for that.De only shot that hit de woodwork, is Stern give de pass,how come he eh get one ah dem passes from anyone.l Yuh talking bout 'yuh have to run at defenders and find space'...it easy for  yuh to sit down behind yuh computer ah type dat ,buh go out on the pitch and do it nah, all yuh cyar even make de bench far less geh ah invitation tuh practice wid ah small goal side, buh you know exactly what TnT leading goal scorer shudda do in de WC tuh geh shots at goals....Until somebody on the TnT team show dey cud score like Stern(and for anybodys information 12 goals in de concacaf wasn't 10years ago it was just de odda day, for we to qualify) he is still we best goal scoring striker in TnT .

Paps!  What is the deal with you and Stern John? No one is saying that he's not good or he can't play he was not doing a good job which should have resulted to him sitting on the bench.  And you start talking about who could da or can't play small goal crap! You are starting to get on my nerves! Like Stern John is yuh man or what... stop riding his dick! He was a no show in the worldcup and that is that.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2006, 09:12:31 AM »
i agree with the threadstater... but the truth is the only shot we took dat was a clear shot by a striker released into the penalty was glenn's shot against sweden, playing balls across the face of goal is a 50/50 ting especially if men marking your strikers as tighly as stern was in all 3 games...
ppl like to quarrel about stern,how he born offside and shit.. but nobody eh notice dat for the offside when had get d ball behind the paraguay defence dat he tried to run off the last defender - KENWEYNE JONES NEVER DOES THIS - and with his speed he would be more effective...
stern really did not get the support required to honestly call hima dead weight and i think it's unfortunate dat ppl are saying he dragged down the team, when i all reallity you can't score if you don't get the ball into postions where chances can be taken...
of our strikers glen, stern and scotalnd have the most complete game... kenweyne jones seems to be a slow learner, and samuel's finishing is erratic...

btw i think stern had a poor game on tuesday, but i thought he played well against sweden and england and ppl just expect him to score goals so ppl say he eh do nothing...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 09:16:50 AM by Arazi »

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2006, 09:21:10 AM »

Paps!  What is the deal with you and Stern John? No one is saying that he's not good or he can't play he was not doing a good job which should have resulted to him sitting on the bench.  And you start talking about who could da or can't play small goal crap! You are starting to get on my nerves! Like Stern John is yuh man or what... stop riding his dick! He was a no show in the worldcup and that is that.

wehitis ....HYMC BOY.....it hah no deal wid Stern and me ...me eh even know him, buh de sme way people voicing dey opinion bout Latas or Glenn or who ever,I hah de same right to voice mine and becuz ah dat I getting on yuh nerves ..or ' riding his dick' you vex becuz I,just like others recognize Stern contribution to this team getting to de WC..and de same way you eh want to hear me talk bout Stern is de same wey I eh want to hear your BULLSHIT ....BITCH....

p.s since yuh inquiring 1. Stern eh meh man and 2.yuh sound like ah hurt jealous gyul when yuh tell meh ..''stop riding his dick''  
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2006, 09:38:59 AM »

wehitis ....HYMC BOY.....it hah no deal wid Stern and me ...me eh even know him, buh de sme way people voicing dey opinion bout Latas or Glenn or who ever,I hah de same right to voice mine and becuz ah dat I getting on yuh nerves ..or ' riding his dick' you vex becuz I,just like others recognize Stern contribution to this team getting to de WC..and de same way you eh want to hear me talk bout Stern is de same wey I eh want to hear your BULLSHIT ....BITCH....

p.s since yuh inquiring 1. Stern eh meh man and 2.yuh sound like ah hurt jealous gyul when yuh tell meh ..''stop riding his dick''  

So you're actually are a dick riding dude which makes you a fag right!  So sad! No wonder why you're flaming like that… you’re a buller!  ;D
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2006, 10:13:39 AM »

So you're actually are a dick riding dude which makes you a fag right!  So sad! No wonder why you're flaming like that… you’re a buller!  ;D

How old are you bitch 10,11 15 at the most,you sound like ah little asshole ,why yuh eh crawl back into yuh hole and continue playing wid yuh self.....if yuh is ah dunce bout football yuh on de wrong site ...sound like you looking for date and putting yuh profile out dey...is you wey bring up de mako-mey-man talk so it hah to be on yuh mind ...good try buh sorry me eh in dat take yuh man by yuh self yuh $#@%ING PILLOW BITER.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline GyurlTrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2006, 10:38:56 AM »
Lawd! Well I didn't read d whole thread, but I do have dis 2 say ... in d past, in d lead up 2 d world cup, one a d major problems d T&T team had, was dat dey didn't always have such a strong defense. Dey needed to make dey weakness (lack of defense) into a strength in order for d other teams not to beat dem. And daz exactly wat dey did. Den dey needed to build an attack based on top dey defense & daz wey dey failed, end of story.

Personally, I find, dey shuda put Latas on d field much earlier, cuz iz really only wen dey put him on dat we start 2 get goal scorin opportunities, cuz I tink he helped create many a dem and atleast he managed to keep d ball in d Paraguay half a d field 4 most a d time wen he was dey. B4 dat T&T was havin trouble keepin d ball in dat part a d field.

D other ting is dat I believe d coach & d team new dat dey defense was sumtin dey needed desperately 2 improve upon, so daz probably y dey made it a defensive play strategy in d beginin. Also sum1 mentioned to me dat dey really needed 2 put 3 strikers on d field in order to really have a chance at scorin, not just one or two.
Luv Kat

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2006, 11:20:56 AM »

How old are you bitch 10,11 15 at the most,you sound like ah little asshole ,why yuh eh crawl back into yuh hole and continue playing wid yuh self.....if yuh is ah dunce bout football yuh on de wrong site ...sound like you looking for date and putting yuh profile out dey...is you wey bring up de mako-mey-man talk so it hah to be on yuh mind ...good try buh sorry me eh in dat take yuh man by yuh self yuh $#@%ING PILLOW BITER.

OK! OK!  Imma stop! It seem as if I've gotten under your skin with the shit talk. Now take a chill pill and cool down for ah bit You won the battle of shit talk!  I personally don't have to hide behind a computer and talk shit.  This could be handle like men strait but you’re not ready to deal with that… so let’s get back to football.

Offline masterblaster

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2006, 11:39:28 AM »

Boss!!! What HOT SH#T you talkin dread.....De bottom line is yuh main striker is suppose to get shots at goal...That is his main purpose.  Even if Beenie want de man to hold up de ball sometimes, as the pointman for scoring goals yuh have to take shots at some point.  Yuh see the mess Ronaldo playin right now...but yet still he still taking shots even if dey eh score.  That goal Terry clear off de line was a BUBBLED header, (I watch it over about 3 times) if Stern had connected to it properly it would have scored (country's top scorer....put head on ball....GOAL).  I agree with yuh though.... I cyar make de bench.....and how does dat change de fact that he EH TAKE NO SHOTS!!!!  I thankful to de man for scoring de goals in CONCACAF qualifying but what I am saying is "AT WORLD CUP LEVEL YUH CANNOT STAND UP WHOLE GAME AND EXPECT QUALITY TEAMS TO LET YUH SHOOT AT DE GOAL.  Yuh sometimes have to create your own chances.

MOVEMENT!!!MOVEMENT!!!MOVEMENT.   If dey was having problems finding LAZY MAN dey should have brought Latas into de mix alot earlier to make the final pass!!!

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2006, 12:26:13 PM »
[

''  I personally don't have to hide behind a computer and talk shit.  This could be handle like men strait but you’re not ready to deal with that… so let’s get back to football.''

yuh quite right, leh we go back to football doh fool yuhself bout 'you're not ready to deal with that'...speak for yuh self and stop trying tuh sound bad yuh only sounding more ignorant.....talk yuh football and leave it at dat.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2006, 12:29:42 PM »
hear nah man if Stern 'the statue' John woulda learn to run off the ball and stop running down the middle like an idiot he might have gotten more chances, how come other players when they advance or other strikers were able to get quality shots on goals and not him. The man have to learn to play to top international standards.

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2006, 12:31:35 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

1]; } ?>