March 28, 2024, 09:03:41 AM

Author Topic: Problem with the Team  (Read 7425 times)

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
Re: Problem with the Team
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2006, 12:47:36 PM »
Quote from: masterblaster link=topic=17991.msg183845#msg183845
[quote

Like you eh  see Terry clearing Sterns header off the line,or de header he miss from de corner or de pass he give Glenn to hit de cross bar ...Stern did many other things,he held the line well and brought the midfield into play,all de time being properly roughed up by some ah de best defenders in de world....'We had no problem transitioning from midfield to the foward line' ..are you serious ? what games were you watching ?  when Stern distrubutes that ball to the midfield he cyar get it back, doh blame him for that.De only shot that hit de woodwork, is Stern give de pass,how come he eh get one ah dem passes from anyone.l Yuh talking bout 'yuh have to run at defenders and find space'...it easy for  yuh to sit down behind yuh computer ah type dat ,buh go out on the pitch and do it nah, all yuh cyar even make de bench far less geh ah invitation tuh practice wid ah small goal side, buh you know exactly what TnT leading goal scorer shudda do in de WC tuh geh shots at goals....Until somebody on the TnT team show dey cud score like Stern(and for anybodys information 12 goals in de concacaf wasn't 10years ago it was just de odda day, for we to qualify) he is still we best goal scoring striker in TnT .

Boss!!! What HOT SH#T you talkin dread.....De bottom line is yuh main striker is suppose to get shots at goal...That is his main purpose.  Even if Beenie want de man to hold up de ball sometimes, as the pointman for scoring goals yuh have to take shots at some point.  Yuh see the mess Ronaldo playin right now...but yet still he still taking shots even if dey eh score.  That goal Terry clear off de line was a BUBBLED header, (I watch it over about 3 times) if Stern had connected to it properly it would have scored (country's top scorer....put head on ball....GOAL).  I agree with yuh though.... I cyar make de bench.....and how does dat change de fact that he EH TAKE NO SHOTS!!!!  I thankful to de man for scoring de goals in CONCACAF qualifying but what I am saying is "AT WORLD CUP LEVEL YUH CANNOT STAND UP WHOLE GAME AND EXPECT QUALITY TEAMS TO LET YUH SHOOT AT DE GOAL.  Yuh sometimes have to create your own chances.

MOVEMENT!!!MOVEMENT!!!MOVEMENT.   If dey was having problems finding LAZY MAN dey should have brought Latas into de mix alot earlier to make the final pass!!!

Well Boss I give you my reasons/opinion for Stern not getting many shots on goal and you say I talking 'HOT SHIT'...so you know better right you know what he was surppose to do,becuz it look easy from wey you see it ...right? you is dis expert to know I talking shit and you right.Yuh eh see how doetish yuh is ..if yuh want to ignore what ah point why Stern did not any set ah shots at goal,that's fine ,buh doe tell me ah talking 'HOT SHIT' BECUZ YOU TINK YOU IS AH EXPERT AND KNOW BETTER becuz de bullshit you just post ONLY DESCRIBE YUH BOWEL MOVEMENT !!!MOVEMENT!!!MOVEMENT!!!

p.s If yuh eh like Stern John say so buh until yuh cud do better for TnT ,yuh only bumpin.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2006, 12:50:18 PM »
hear nah man if Stern 'the statue' John woulda learn to run off the ball and stop running down the middle like an idiot he might have gotten more chances, how come other players when they advance or other strikers were able to get quality shots on goals and not him. The man have to learn to play to top international standards.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  typical Stern Hater ...you shud  be in comedy becuz all yuh talking is shit .
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 01:01:55 PM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline masterblaster

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2006, 01:03:58 PM »
Quote from: masterblaster link=topic=17991.msg183845#msg183845
[quote

Like you eh  see Terry clearing Sterns header off the line,or de header he miss from de corner or de pass he give Glenn to hit de cross bar ...Stern did many other things,he held the line well and brought the midfield into play,all de time being properly roughed up by some ah de best defenders in de world....'We had no problem transitioning from midfield to the foward line' ..are you serious ? what games were you watching ?  when Stern distrubutes that ball to the midfield he cyar get it back, doh blame him for that.De only shot that hit de woodwork, is Stern give de pass,how come he eh get one ah dem passes from anyone.l Yuh talking bout 'yuh have to run at defenders and find space'...it easy for  yuh to sit down behind yuh computer ah type dat ,buh go out on the pitch and do it nah, all yuh cyar even make de bench far less geh ah invitation tuh practice wid ah small goal side, buh you know exactly what TnT leading goal scorer shudda do in de WC tuh geh shots at goals....Until somebody on the TnT team show dey cud score like Stern(and for anybodys information 12 goals in de concacaf wasn't 10years ago it was just de odda day, for we to qualify) he is still we best goal scoring striker in TnT .

Boss!!! What HOT SH#T you talkin dread.....De bottom line is yuh main striker is suppose to get shots at goal...That is his main purpose.  Even if Beenie want de man to hold up de ball sometimes, as the pointman for scoring goals yuh have to take shots at some point.  Yuh see the mess Ronaldo playin right now...but yet still he still taking shots even if dey eh score.  That goal Terry clear off de line was a BUBBLED header, (I watch it over about 3 times) if Stern had connected to it properly it would have scored (country's top scorer....put head on ball....GOAL).  I agree with yuh though.... I cyar make de bench.....and how does dat change de fact that he EH TAKE NO SHOTS!!!!  I thankful to de man for scoring de goals in CONCACAF qualifying but what I am saying is "AT WORLD CUP LEVEL YUH CANNOT STAND UP WHOLE GAME AND EXPECT QUALITY TEAMS TO LET YUH SHOOT AT DE GOAL.  Yuh sometimes have to create your own chances.

MOVEMENT!!!MOVEMENT!!!MOVEMENT.   If dey was having problems finding LAZY MAN dey should have brought Latas into de mix alot earlier to make the final pass!!!

Well Boss I give you my reasons/opinion for Stern not getting many shots on goal and you say I talking 'HOT SHIT'...so you know better right you know what he was surppose to do,becuz it look easy from wey you see it ...right? you is dis expert to know I talking shit and you right.Yuh eh see how doetish yuh is ..if yuh want to ignore what ah point why Stern did not any set ah shots at goal,that's fine ,buh doe tell me ah talking 'HOT SHIT' BECUZ YOU TINK YOU IS AH EXPERT AND KNOW BETTER becuz de bullshit you just post ONLY DESCRIBE YUH BOWEL MOVEMENT !!!MOVEMENT!!!MOVEMENT!!!

p.s If yuh eh like Stern John say so buh until yuh cud do better for TnT ,yuh only bumpin.

Well I guess I could do better then!!! Bcz if my country dependin on me as de goal scorer on de team, I think I will show dem ah actually tryin to score goals.......GOALS WIN MATCHES.....IN ORDER TO SCORE GOALS YUH HAVE TO SHOOT!!!  Put 2 and 2 together pardner!!!  What is his position on de field? ...Ball Watcher, Teammate Cusser, Offside Master, or STRIKER!!!

I might not be a great Goal Scorer like Stern but I do believe that Striker means yuh have to strike de ball with intent of scoring goals......kinda like de serious intention Cornell had everytime he step onto de field.

Thank you kindly!!!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2006, 01:04:43 PM »
Everybody is a 4 King coach....

:rotfl: :rotfl:

For real
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2006, 02:05:04 PM »
[quote author=masterblaster link=topic=17991.msg183896#msg183896
Well I guess I could do better then!!! Bcz if my country dependin on me as de goal scorer on de team, I think I will show dem ah actually tryin to score goals.......GOALS WIN MATCHES.....IN ORDER TO SCORE GOALS YUH HAVE TO SHOOT!!!  Put 2 and 2 together pardner!!!  What is his position on de field? ...Ball Watcher, Teammate Cusser, Offside Master, or STRIKER!!!

I might not be a great Goal Scorer like Stern but I do believe that Striker means yuh have to strike de ball with intent of scoring goals......kinda like de serious intention Cornell had everytime he step onto de field.

Thank you kindly!!!

with all regards to yuh opinion, I eh tink Stern John is TNT  leading goal scorer by listerning to you,no disrespect tuh wha ever yuh feel yuh know buh de same way Stern play when he score all dem goals for TNT before de WC  is de smae way he play in de WC,de breddar try hard,me eh care wha yuh say,it just wasn't TNT day and to besides even if Stern did score all yuh wudda still be hatin and find more shit to say bout de man.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2006, 02:40:41 PM »
I realise here once you cuss someone you are right. There are videos on the games that Trinidad and Tobago played at the WC. It will show how ineffective Stern Has been in terms of his positioning. That's the main reason he had no quality shot on goal. No one could get the ball to him cause he is hiding behind the defender.

When you play in the caribbean region the defending is not all that good so it's easy to get in behind the defence with balls over the top. However at this level this would not work so easy, now you have to be smarter and find new ways to get the ball from the mids or defender.

You  can argue all you want, he strolled around not doing very much. He kept complaining to the ref the defender jumping on him, how un-smart is he? If the defender goes straight up then he can come down almost anywhere. Now to get the foul you have to jump to.

The only way to fixa problem is to first admit there is a problem.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2006, 05:32:24 PM »
1989...no shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......hopfully they solved the problem before 2010

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2006, 05:48:33 PM »
You  can argue all you want, he strolled around not doing very much. He kept complaining to the ref the defender jumping on him, how un-smart is he? If the defender goes straight up then he can come down almost anywhere. Now to get the foul you have to jump to.

The only way to fixa problem is to first admit there is a problem.

Not to pile on Stern....but it was also noticeable how much time when he didn't get de ball (many times due to his not runnin into space) how he used to fling he hand and bawl out de man who was passin to him.....more often than not Theobald.  I actually felt bad a couple times for Densil.  People sitting near to us actually asked us what that was about.  Embarassing.  Now anybody who bin watchin Stern over the years not surprised because is long time he doin dat.  Maybe is jes he personality...but it look bad AT THE WORLD CUP.  Not exactly the way to win potential scouts over to your side.

That said.....I also saw him moving into space as soon as Latas came on.  Shit...de man even try a reverse pass to latas when in de box when we all know Stern doh do dem ting on a regular basis.  Guess some of it have to do wit respect.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 05:50:42 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2006, 05:55:29 PM »
i ain't no expert  and if i wrong well i learn something
 but find all yuh real hard on stern especially when we had no ideas coming out of midfield 1st 2 games and everybody else chok up in we own defensive 3rd.
It was easy to make him ineffective when the defenders just have to defend him alone
how he supposed to get chances and have all them shots all yuh want if the midfield can't keep the ball? 
all the movement yuh calling for who was finding him?-bleeder and me mum with the quality distribution them 2 displayed.  ;) 

the man wasn't as bad as allyuh making it sound, under the circumstances he did what he could.
crespo klose wanchope all the others had a midfield producing something meaningful going forward-stern unfortunately wasn't that lucky.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2006, 07:31:10 PM »
Stern is mih boy and I can say that I was a bit disappointed about his performance in the WC.

The general attacking plan seemed get the ball to Stern (from edwards, yorke or theo), let him hold it up (most often back to goal), the time the midfield (yorke, birch, whitley, samuel) get into position to blast or to play a one two with him.

That said, I notice something. Stern almost NEVER get a free ball for the whole tournament. He had men all over his back on almost every single play. Even his two best chances, England defenders was breathing down he neck at every occassion. It would sem that the WC teams had more respect for Stern than half of this board becaus they didn't just stand up and let him shoot (you know the man who does miss sitter after sitter after sitter!)

That said, something else i noticed in the paraguay game that nobody seem to bring up is how fast we revert to that BSC long ball kick and rush over the top as soon as we take the goal. I was screaming at men in the defensive midfield to put the fing ball down on the ground. 3/4 of the time when we put the ball down we would get it back immediately if PAraguay ever managed to intecept it.

I don't believe that that systematic  long ball over the top was Beenie idea and for that matter, it doesn't fit Stern game. It look like the players panic and got desperate for long stretches,, because when they came out of the dressing room, they put the ball back down. It boiled down to a lack of patience when the buildups were broken up too frequently by the PAra defensive/mid. The long ball is great for counterattacks because it gets the ball up the field fast, but in a game where we're supposed to bring the attack to the other team, thats not what we needed to do...

I think for stern to be more effective he would have had to fall back way too deep into mf but for that you need a second striker with speed...and you need to have the ball. We saw what happened with Glenn on the counter against Sweden and then it might have worked if Glenn didn't get injured against Para.

From what I saw of Kenwyne, that just wouldn't have worked with him, the only other man to do that would have been a Samuel.

Stern is neither  a speed merchant nor a dribbler. In open play his strength lies in his doggedness and determination because he seems to have lost the Stern Turn irremediably. It basically means that he either has to receive the ball perfectly over the top or that he has to drop back and try to shoot like the one he buss from outside the box against the Mexico keeper on the break. His other option is to provide screens for his teammates attack, which he did all tournament. the problem is that there weren't that many attacks...

Where he really disappointed imo was on set pieces, but I don't think the quality of the corners and free kicks were good enough (for that matter, i would like to know why me mum wasn't our designated set piece taker) to justify railing on him for not scoring given the defensive cover he had all tournament
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2006, 08:35:00 PM »
Stern is mih boy and I can say that I was a bit disappointed about his performance in the WC.

The general attacking plan seemed get the ball to Stern (from edwards, yorke or theo), let him hold it up (most often back to goal), the time the midfield (yorke, birch, whitley, samuel) get into position to blast or to play a one two with him.

That said, I notice something. Stern almost NEVER get a free ball for the whole tournament. He had men all over his back on almost every single play. Even his two best chances, England defenders was breathing down he neck at every occassion. It would sem that the WC teams had more respect for Stern than half of this board becaus they didn't just stand up and let him shoot (you know the man who does miss sitter after sitter after sitter!)

That said, something else i noticed in the paraguay game that nobody seem to bring up is how fast we revert to that BSC long ball kick and rush over the top as soon as we take the goal. I was screaming at men in the defensive midfield to put the fing ball down on the ground. 3/4 of the time when we put the ball down we would get it back immediately if PAraguay ever managed to intecept it.

I don't believe that that systematic  long ball over the top was Beenie idea and for that matter, it doesn't fit Stern game. It look like the players panic and got desperate for long stretches,, because when they came out of the dressing room, they put the ball back down. It boiled down to a lack of patience when the buildups were broken up too frequently by the PAra defensive/mid. The long ball is great for counterattacks because it gets the ball up the field fast, but in a game where we're supposed to bring the attack to the other team, thats not what we needed to do...

I think for stern to be more effective he would have had to fall back way too deep into mf but for that you need a second striker with speed...and you need to have the ball. We saw what happened with Glenn on the counter against Sweden and then it might have worked if Glenn didn't get injured against Para.

From what I saw of Kenwyne, that just wouldn't have worked with him, the only other man to do that would have been a Samuel.

Stern is neither  a speed merchant nor a dribbler. In open play his strength lies in his doggedness and determination because he seems to have lost the Stern Turn irremediably. It basically means that he either has to receive the ball perfectly over the top or that he has to drop back and try to shoot like the one he buss from outside the box against the Mexico keeper on the break. His other option is to provide screens for his teammates attack, which he did all tournament. the problem is that there weren't that many attacks...

Where he really disappointed imo was on set pieces, but I don't think the quality of the corners and free kicks were good enough (for that matter, i would like to know why me mum wasn't our designated set piece taker) to justify railing on him for not scoring given the defensive cover he had all tournament

:applause: :applause: :applause:
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2006, 09:07:41 PM »

this is a damn good post... alot of people wouldn't see this tho....
however palos 's post disturbed me a little bit.. i don't think stern should have been doing stuff like dat...

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2006, 05:52:24 PM »
''think that Glenn is looking very good, but besides him we have nobody''

but tell me have you ever seen Kenwyne Jones, Jason Scotland or Collin Samuel play!?

stewps... imps we have plenty strikers with lots of talent other than Stern John... infact I think almost all of our strikers down to Anthony Wolfe might not be as polished as Stern but have much more talent than he ever did.

Even fellahs like Scott Sealy will be continueing to develope in the next four years so im not worried atol...

but dont come with this setta f**kery that other than John and Glenn we doh have no quality strikers... you need to go to the Gols galore section and watch all de Kenwyne Jones goals... then, tell me if deman is not a quality striker...

The problem with the team is not quality striker its the lack of an attacking chemistry between our attacking midfeild players and the forwards... Look at Real Madrid... chok full of talented players and yet they cah score... 1989 sometimes its not all about the quality...        i may look like a simple equation but its not.... like Beenie said himself... ''in football 1+1 doesnt always =2''

Jefferz, if you have any sense you would realize that nobody was worried about Kenwyne Jones during the world cup.  The only person that Sweden and England sacrificed numbers for was Stern.  In the Sweden game Beenhakker did not send on Jones, he sent on Glen which forced Sweden to put back more players.  Clearly this is an indication of who is already polished versus who is not.

Jones also started in the England game, no worries, the England players' focus remained with Stern.  Glen came one, and they started to mark him hard, and he still ran through them.

Jones is not in this category, Samuels could run but scoring consistently is far off, Scotland could score but he still needs development - and quite frankly he is nowhere near as deadly as Stern.  Stern scores impossible goals consistently, Glen is fast and deadly - all the others will need further development.

This is not to knock the team - they did very well - it is simply point out our current weaknesses.
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2006, 10:04:03 PM »
I already said all that I had to say on the Stern topic, since when...Mexico in Mexico..ah think it was....and man boff meh and show meh stats, show meh Guat. show meh Mexico, show lack of proper service to Stern....everything, improve for the WC...Organization, Team, all the  players, barring the injuries of course.....everything, except service to Stern, only Latapy could do that and he was ready...the type of plan most of usl suspected BeenE would play, he did..I spelled out why Stern would be less than effective if BeenE used such ah system, that we guessin he may have to use, and unfortunately, due to circumstances he did...and yet he still played Stern, and with all the improvements we saw...Stern still no service , and de only person Stern willin to give it for is Latas....nah, ah doh blame Stern, ah doh blame the servers, who managed to do fairly well for the country, for Glen, for Jones, for each other, (they reepresent well didn't they ?)...nah ah pulling up BeenE not for what he did at the world cup, situation played out and he had to make the tuff decisions, and ah fine he did ah hell of ah job dey...buh if he did listen to his real support staff - ah tink dah mighta been Touches an meyself -Stern would have been ready for the role he is most suited for given the pace and energy of our other forwards, who may have had the opposition defense well prepped (tired) and ready for Stern coming off the bench to string ppl up.....buh he didn't listen...funny ting doh dah is wha ah like bout BeenE, he doh listen to nobody, he does wha he feel is best...so I go hold that, and say well done to all still...cause now we will never know...we could talk it till we dead..and nuthen will change...
So job well done everybody...enjoy the Lime tomorro

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2006, 10:32:06 PM »
I already said all that I had to say on the Stern topic, since when...Mexico in Mexico..ah think it was....and man boff meh and show meh stats, show meh Guat. show meh Mexico, show lack of proper service to Stern....everything, improve for the WC...Organization, Team, all the  players, barring the injuries of course.....everything, except service to Stern, only Latapy could do that and he was ready...the type of plan most of usl suspected BeenE would play, he did..I spelled out why Stern would be less than effective if BeenE used such ah system, that we guessin he may have to use, and unfortunately, due to circumstances he did...and yet he still played Stern, and with all the improvements we saw...Stern still no service , and de only person Stern willin to give it for is Latas....nah, ah doh blame Stern, ah doh blame the servers, who managed to do fairly well for the country, for Glen, for Jones, for each other, (they reepresent well didn't they ?)...nah ah pulling up BeenE not for what he did at the world cup, situation played out and he had to make the tuff decisions, and ah fine he did ah hell of ah job dey...buh if he did listen to his real support staff - ah tink dah mighta been Touches an meyself -Stern would have been ready for the role he is most suited for given the pace and energy of our other forwards, who may have had the opposition defense well prepped (tired) and ready for Stern coming off the bench to string ppl up.....buh he didn't listen...funny ting doh dah is wha ah like bout BeenE, he doh listen to nobody, he does wha he feel is best...so I go hold that, and say well done to all still...cause now we will never know...we could talk it till we dead..and nuthen will change...
So job well done everybody...enjoy the Lime tomorro

Hear what is my take on it.

We had to be very defensive in the first part of the games against Sweden and England. The plan was to fustrate them. Then spring Cornel Glen on them along with Latapy.

1st game:- Unfortunately Avery got the red card so that means we are short one sub and so the game plan is out the window.

2nd game:- that sending off carried on to the England game as we were already short 1 sub basically, and even so I belive that we would all have been happy with a point....that we would have got had it not been for Crouch's "Hairdressing".

3rd game:- The injury to Glen threw the game plan out again, using up a vital Sub.

Every game circumatances meant that we had to alter our original game plan, thus reducing the playing time that Latapy got. My Opinion is that he would have not played against Englant at all.

1]; } ?>