March 28, 2024, 11:43:43 PM

Author Topic: Jloyd Samuel-Represented England?  (Read 5758 times)

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
Re: Jloyd Samuel-Represented England?
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2005, 02:06:57 PM »

good point sir very good point me and rodney could agree witht that.Aye and how you know id grandmother is trini by the way boss you get every thing on this site according to Tiger

I read that on a few site, the site readily that comes to mind is socawarriors.net  Craig Rocastle, nephew of David Rocastle of Arsenal (if you're a Gunners fan like I am) also has a Trini connection, but I personally don't rate him, Carlos, Birchall, Fitzpatrick and the rest are better than him. I just wish the ministry of national security could be a little more flexible.
Anyway this is their quote.

A senior T&T team official said that constant networking in the United Kingdom and Unites States has resulted in the discovery of players such as Shakes, Andre Boucaud, Ian Cox and Bobby Zamora.
"We have set up an extensive network in the United Kingdom and the US to identify and monitor any player who may be eligible to play for T&T. Part of our network includes people like Ronnie Mauge, Graham Taylor and senior players like Stern John who brought Ricky Shakes to our attention. In the US people like Alvin Corneal have given us important advice on players.” he told TTFF Media.
“You will recall that the Coach made it very clear from the beginning that he was opening up the team to anybody with a Trinidad and Tobago passport .We have since developed a comprehensive data-base and we have investigated many players in accordance with the Coach's policy.”
He explained that because of T&T laws though, some players like Wigan Athletic striker Nathan Ellington and Hibernian midfielder Craig Rocastle are ineligible.
“Some like Andre Boucaud are eligible while others are not. While FIFA accepts someone using their grandparents to obtain the citizenship of a country, the laws in each country ultimately determines who can become a citizen. Trinidad and Tobago law only recognizes parents, not grandparents. In some countries the laws are different and citizenship is easily available for persons who can contribute to national progress in whatever field.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2005, 02:16:45 PM by Tallman »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: Jloyd Samuel-Represented England?
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2005, 08:21:05 PM »
Why must we go beggng players who have had an opportunity in the past to accept a request yet has shown no inclination or desire to represent TNT. Look at Chris Birchall; I mean his response to a stranger who walked up to him and asked 'yuh have trini bloood?"

Next thing yuh know the young man  is off to a new culture, country and he  is represnting with all that he has to give us an opportunity to be in Germany. Now that is astory line. Compare this to  our legends who were born here and who  are opting to  deal with our representatives  through their so call agents.

Why would we want to solicit players who are unwilling  and not motivated to reprenst us? tell me if you have Trini blood and yuh playing at a high level, and yuh see yuh country catcHing they nening tuh qualify, would you not want to take the initiative and  see if yuh could help out?

Some men acquire a certain staus and yuh know dey feel that they above the restwel its "NOT WAHT  YOUR COUNTRY CAN DO FUH YUH IT'S WHAT CAN YUH DO FUH YUH COUNTRY'

1]; } ?>