March 28, 2024, 11:59:54 AM

Author Topic: Jack Pulls Out!  (Read 5969 times)

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Jack Pulls Out!
« on: June 21, 2006, 10:51:35 PM »
No more funds for Warriors!

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=160971307

Asked if he thought the Soca Warriors would have had a better chance in Tuesday's crucial match against against Paraguay, had Russell Latapy been brought in earlier, Warner said he never discussed the team's technical plays with Beenhakker. He did admit that it may have been an error on his (Beenhakker) part to send Latapy in as late as he did.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jack Pulls Out!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 11:35:30 PM »
  Jack pulls out

No more funds for Soca Warriors

Anna Ramdass aramdass@trinidadexpress.com

Thursday, June 22nd 2006

FIFA vice president Jack Warner says he will no longer be financially supporting the Soca Warriors.

In a telephone interview with the Daily Express yesterday, Warner, who is still in Germany, said for the past two years, he had been shelling out the money to the team so skipper Dwight Yorke's men could achieve their goal of reaching the 2006 World Cup.

However, he says he is no longer willing to shoulder that burden.

"I am no longer prepared to foot the bill as before,'' Warner said as he explained that he would no longer be paying Dutch coach Leo Beenhakker's salary, living and travelling expenses.

Ironically, at the time of the interview, Warner said he had spoken to Beenhakker yesterday morning and they had agreed to hold further discussions in person later on in the day when the Soca Warriors camp was closed.

Warner said Beenhakker had expressed a desire to stay on and coach the team. Warner said, however, that he intended to make it clear to Beenhakker that he would not be forking out any money for the team in the future.

"It is the end of the line... I have funded the team for the past two years. I have many things to be thankful for, I have no regrets," Warner said.

He said he had had faith in the team and took them as far as the World Cup in Germany. He admitted, though, that he had no aspirations the team would go beyond the preliminary stages of the prestigious tournament.

Warner did not disclose how much money he had spent over the past two years, but last year he had said the team would need some $79 million to take them through to the World Cup.

He said he would be "vulnerable" to the society if he disclosed the amount he spent on the Soca Warriors.

When asked whether he was in debt, Warner immediately said no and noted he did not regret spending any money on the team. He reiterated, though, that he is no longer prepared to continue doing so.

Asked if he thought the Soca Warriors would have had a better chance in Tuesday's crucial match against against Paraguay, had Russell Latapy been brought in earlier, Warner said he never discussed the team's technical plays with Beenhakker. He did admit that it may have been an error on his (Beenhakker) part to send Latapy in as late as he did.

As for what he thinks is a deserving reward for the team, Warner said he preferred to remain mum on this.

Government, he said, had made promises to athletes in the past and never fulfilled them.

On Tuesday following the game, Prime Minister Patrick Manning, at a news conference at Whitehall, Port-of-Spain, had said that the Cabinet would discuss the country's sporting policy and ensure that various areas in sports, such as football, cycling, cricket and athletics, are funded,

Noting that the Government had had many policies before, Warner said if the Government wishes to fund the Soca Warriors and ensure they make it to the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, they would have to put a proposal to the Football Federation.

Warner said he would be returning home on Monday for a three-day stay, after which he would return to Germany for the rest of the World Cup.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 03:59:16 AM »
After yuh done breake yuh must pull out.

Millions from adidas, e bay, fifa, tv rights, ticket sales, ................

Now after yuh pelting stab after stab yuh pulling it out???  Nah doh pull out now iz done rape already yuh might as well finish

Stinking, dutty, stummering, canal drinking, potscraping, backstabing, dog licking, muda neck

Movah say so. Who doh like iz iz warrr
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 05:32:03 AM »
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 08:58:28 AM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline jaws

• DC/MD Warrior
  • Jr. Warrior
  • Arima massive!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 05:50:22 AM »
i really hope that they start grooming the up and coming players soon... ah mean, invest some $$ in de college level, aquire good coaches to train de fellas etc...most of the football power nations in the world, they groom these guys from youths and it's time i think TnT start paying attention and give some hope for the younger ones..
"Greatness is not one big thing being done: it's all the small things being done well"

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 06:21:45 AM »

Now after yuh pelting stab after stab yuh pulling it out???  Nah doh pull out now iz done rape already yuh might as well finish

Stinking, dutty, stummering, canal drinking, potscraping, backstabing, dog licking, muda neck

dat dont suprise warmonga Morvant.. Is Trini Yu Born is Trini yu from . Nuff Trini's will bite the hand dat feeds dem so dat a nothin new to hear from a Trini..
Ley wey see what allyuh beloved PNM go do for we boys nows!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you Mrwarner and de soca warriors I could finaly say "we reach"

I gone..
war...
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 06:27:34 AM »
Jack pull out for now, when 2010 come close Jack will be back to see how much he could make again, he have claws in T&T contract and will always be on the shoulder of the man in charge of the TTFF who ever he may be, I hope Oliver Camps, Alvin and Anton Corneal and Richard Gorden goes too.

Good riddins Jack, I just hope yuh didn't leave us bankrupt and in death. O yea, thanks for your help in de past, next time do it with a good heart and dont expect everyone else have to pay you back, you make some doe on tickets, sponsors etc etc,,,, yuh even hook up Joe Public with Adidas uniforms too, so all is not a lost for you.

Ent we get a few million from FIFA from this world cup, where that money gone ??
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 06:33:21 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 07:24:36 AM »

steeeeeeeeeeewpsssss ent. Not to mention the millions Sep Blatter throws at him for paying for T&T's trip to Germany himself becuase that in the FIFA wolrd is considered ''developing football'' so lets say JAck paid n totall 18 million for this campaign... well he will be getting back something like 19 million for sure!!

oh lord... why he like to move so man.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline essexgirl22

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 07:30:41 AM »
WELL JACK AGAIN........he has got what he wanted this time so now he pulling out BUT this man ego so big come 2010 he will be back splashing all he money about. So don't fret people this is the usual talk from Mr Jack.

Offline Sentinel

• Full Warrior
  • Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 07:40:24 AM »
Oh gorm Jack...at least do like the "brilliant" guiness commercial say....wear dark shades so that no one will see what yuh tinking.....then bluff.

Go ahead Jack....position yuhself!

As the ole people say...common sense make before book sense.

Read in between the lines.  What Jack actually saying is that "The Government" is the most likely source for funding.  

Vote me in....ah go be Government...we go fund yuh.

Trust meh.....if one does a check and balance of money spent....and money gained...through football...Jack still way ahead.  

What he playing for right now is access to T&T funds....in addition to FIFA funds.

What ah ting!

Luv U T&T

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2006, 07:44:47 AM »
"Warner said Beenhakker had expressed a desire to stay on and coach the team. Warner said, however, that he intended to make it clear to Beenhakker that he would not be forking out any money for the team in the future."

Why would Jack go ask Mr.Beenhakker to talk about his future with the team... if he's not willing to be involved or shell out more money as he say? Like yuh talking with marbles in yuh mouth or what! Everyone knows that there is no way in hell that Jack Warner would just keep on shelling out money and not received a sizable  profit in return! So he need to stop playing dumb like he net receiving any profits on his investments..yes his investment because he not stupid!  ::)
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2006, 07:46:06 AM »
oh god i was thinking de same thing...  :rotfl:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2006, 07:52:16 AM »
Noting that the Government had had many policies before, Warner said if the Government wishes to fund the Soca Warriors and ensure they make it to the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, they would have to put a proposal to the Football Federation
[/u][/b]

since when funders have tuh put in a proposal.....thought was the other way around.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2006, 07:55:22 AM »
Well either way it is an opportunity for ALL who was talking big to STEP UP or SHUT UP.

He going and step away just like he did with the Pro League (and just like the Pro League.....HE BACK)

So let we see what the Gov't and everybody else coming up with.  Ah feeling like nothing going and happen. TTFF and Gov't will lock horns.

Why TTFF and Gov't go lock horns

Jack pulls out

On Tuesday following the game, Prime Minister Patrick Manning, at a news conference at Whitehall, Port-of-Spain, had said that the Cabinet would discuss the country's sporting policy and ensure that various areas in sports, such as football, cycling, cricket and athletics, are funded,

Noting that the Government had had many policies before, Warner said if the Government wishes to fund the Soca Warriors and ensure they make it to the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, they would have to put a proposal to the Football Federation.
Warner said he would be returning home on Monday for a three-day stay, after which he would return to Germany for the rest of the World Cup.

That statement right there will make sure TTFF and Gov't will have real trouble agreeing.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006, 09:24:20 AM »
Jack doh study them, we know election coming up, an in TNT corruption run tings, an it have two kind ah corruption, on-shore an off-shore.

On-shore corruption is when men like yuhself conduct ah scene an we end up with some stadium in TNT an man could eat ah food via football.

Off-shore corruption is when, according to de song by CHALKIE '500 million lorse on de racing complex in Caroni' next thing CANADA end up with bess mall and bess towers. No food for nobody in TNT.

In trini we know what time it is, an we could make out Monsterz and PHONY Montanas from ah mile.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2006, 09:37:50 AM »

Despite all that has manifested over the las year, I find it hard to believe that you all still jump down Jack's throat. I would have done the same damn thing. The Government are the people you should attack, it was Jack's wide network of contacts that brought Beenhaker to Trini, and yes I believe he has shelled out mucho $$$ to see us to the World Cup. The Government talks and then might trickle some money here and there, but don't imply that Jack has not done his job.
I don't like a number of things he has done either but the fact remains that he was the one voice that was talking and making arrangements all this time as much as you fail to acknowledge it.

Let's keep it real, if itwas not for Jack's contribution would we have been in the World Cup!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2006, 09:56:54 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: ;D
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2006, 10:03:24 AM »
it was Jack's wide network of contacts that brought Beenhaker to Trini,

Next time....try and do some research before postin bro.  Jack had already given a verbal agreement to Ron Atkinson to replace Bertille St Clair as coach of the T&T National team.  When the players were informed, they revolted (led by Shaka Hislop and Yorke).  A meeting was convened and alternatives were given...those alternatives provided by TD Lincoln Phillips....NOT Jack Warner.  One of the alternatives was Leo Beenhakker and the players endorsed him for National coach.

I eh sayin we would have made WC without Mr. Warner's contributions....but what you posted above is false.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2006, 10:11:53 AM »
eff jack

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2006, 12:28:06 PM »
Everyone always so ready to jump down Jac warner throat but when man talk bout Mr Beenie-man everybody does start gettin bummy? 

Ah watchin allyuh and de colonialization bullcrap...

A local fail like Bertille he get cuss till de sun come up, didnt he try his best to?  Is that not Beenie-man's claim to fame, he tried his best?  So did Bertille I'm sure because it cant be dat he sell out right? quite frankly, Bertille failed because of technical skills which Beenie happens to possess a lot more of but that doesnt take away from de fact that he too has failed.  So because  he got us this far is why i should drink meh tea and hush meh mouth? USA aint get no further and Arena go loss he wok!!  well they did reach further because they scored a goal.  Now Lincoln phillips talkin bout de dutch style vs coaching skillz as de thing that will get TnT through?  Trini is not de Netherlands. Dutch coaching maybe but Trini style.
We saw Trini look like Trini for 20 minutes vs Paraguay and it didnt look dat bad nor did we concede more that any other game. We will take the good things that Beenie has brought but must be prepared to as well sift out de bad to see if we can next time do better unless we just going there to compete and say we made it too de WC because if not we aint give Bertille a fair hearing. fair judgement but not a fair hearing.

BSC get crucified on dis board. We call him everything in de book but only songs of praises for our new found savior.  I just say We..dat is a word dat Beenie seem to have trouble with.   WE

Now im sure that man  & man will take objection to this post but at least they will be objecting to something as opposed to de "well done master syndrome".....

who vex lorse...
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2006, 12:44:44 PM »

Next time....try and do some research before postin bro.  Jack had already given a verbal agreement to Ron Atkinson to replace Bertille St Clair as coach of the T&T National team.  When the players were informed, they revolted (led by Shaka Hislop and Yorke).  A meeting was convened and alternatives were given...those alternatives provided by TD Lincoln Phillips....NOT Jack Warner.  One of the alternatives was Leo Beenhakker and the players endorsed him for National coach.

I eh sayin we would have made WC without Mr. Warner's contributions....but what you posted above is false.

I stand corrected PALOS, who has been footing the bill to keep beenie all this time?? hmmm ttff I doubt

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2006, 01:22:03 PM »
You know what would make a nice rags to riches story?

Picture this.... days after T&T failed to advance to round 2, Jack pulls out all funding. All hope seems lost, the government promises funding, but doesnt quite deliver.... 2010 seems a pipe dream.....

then an email campaign started by some enterprising people who frequent a website known as socawarriorssc.com is circulated to all nationals living abroad. The message is clear, read this and pass it on to as many people as you can. The funds start pouring in from international soca warriors fans, and the team, carried along by their loyal fans emotional and financial support qualifies top place in their group for the 2010 World Cup.

Hey it could happen.....you never know.....
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2006, 01:45:12 PM »

I stand corrected PALOS, who has been footing the bill to keep beenie all this time?? hmmm ttff I doubt

Eh nutting bro.  Wasn't tryin to disrespeck yuh or anyting.  I think Jack is de one been fundin Beenie and staff salary INITIALLY.  I believe he and government had talks and government INDICATED they SUBSEQUENTLY were either making arrangements to pay the coaching staff or had done so...either directly or through reimbursement to mr. Warner I'm not sure.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2006, 01:57:00 PM »
cute1 if it had no money in TNT then we could try what yuh mention,but we have real paper now in TNT, imagine somwwhere here in Canada I think it was Calgary the canadian government sent out 400 dollars  jess so to every resident based a surplus of 6 billion they got from the rise in oil prices, TNT we have surplus too, but everything is kept under low.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2006, 02:17:01 PM »

Despite all that has manifested over the las year, I find it hard to believe that you all still jump down Jack's throat. I would have done the same damn thing. The Government are the people you should attack, it was Jack's wide network of contacts that brought Beenhaker to Trini, and yes I believe he has shelled out mucho $$$ to see us to the World Cup. The Government talks and then might trickle some money here and there, but don't imply that Jack has not done his job.
I don't like a number of things he has done either but the fact remains that he was the one voice that was talking and making arrangements all this time as much as you fail to acknowledge it.

Let's keep it real, if itwas not for Jack's contribution would we have been in the World Cup!

I am of the opinion that football shouldnt be too hevaily dependednt upon government funding. to ne honest, football has the capacity to be totally self sufficient, as long as the people who are running the FA undersatnd fully the earning potential of the game.

On the other hand, there is not much demand or fan base in the caribbean to allow the FA to maximise earning potential (Jersey sales, Gate reciepts etc) on a consistent basis....

the best situation is to have the private sector sponsoring the programme. Its sorta hard to understand with the amount of oil money "supposedly" in T&T, how it have to be Jack Warner paying the TD's salaries?

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2006, 02:24:35 PM »

I am of the opinion that football shouldnt be too hevaily dependednt upon government funding. to ne honest, football has the capacity to be totally self sufficient, as long as the people who are running the FA undersatnd fully the earning potential of the game.

On the other hand, there is not much demand or fan base in the caribbean to allow the FA to maximise earning potential (Jersey sales, Gate reciepts etc) on a consistent basis....

the best situation is to have the private sector sponsoring the programme. Its sorta hard to understand with the amount of oil money "supposedly" in T&T, how it have to be Jack Warner paying the TD's salaries?

:rotfl:

wuh yuh mean "supposedly" ? yuh think we just put out ah false press release about oil trying to keep up with the jonses or wha?

The money exists....is it an equitable distribution throughout all levels of society?...probably not, but thats another discussion

but all dem oil rigs is not holograms breddah
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2006, 02:29:38 PM »

:rotfl:

wuh yuh mean "supposedly" ? yuh think we just put out ah false press release about oil trying to keep up with the jonses or wha?

The money exists....is it an equitable distribution throughout all levels of society?...probably not, but thats another discussion

but all dem oil rigs is not holograms breddah

If there is oil money...the oil money needs to be utilized! I ent understand how I in Trinidad and couldnt know the difference from :supposedly" oil rich Trinidad and poor ass Jamaica.  ;D

seriously though, if the likes of Costa Rica, Jamaica to name a few can afford to pay US$80K per month for four years...surely the oil rich nation of T&T can too. But hey, as yuo say, "equitable distribution"

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2006, 02:37:38 PM »
If we can afford to waste $800 million on a stadium in South den we could definitely afford d wages. Organisation, not money is the problem.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2006, 02:53:01 PM »

Those who do not understand history are likely to make the same mistakes again.  The Government has to answer to the people (and Cabinet first).  Check back on what past proposals from the Federation involved, most times the Federation was asking for a Blank Check.  Well brothers it really don't work so.  The Federation is not accountable to the Government and has always been unwilling to open their books to anyone.  Anyone knows of a tournament (1984 U-17 tournament to the Fifa U-17 World Cup) held in Trinidad what the final books look like???  The one thing was always reported was that the Federation and organizing committee lost money.  Something most Trinis are always surpried to hear.  So tell me this, should a government give money to an organization when there is no accountability???  Also the Federation has shown in the past that they are incapable of making a decision on its own without consulting the Special Advisor.

I cah vex with Jack for pulling out, and I cah vex with the Government for being weary of funding a "black" hole, for the obvious reasons.  But most men on this board pointing their finger in the wrong direction, take a look at the non-functioning Football Federation (with its Special Advisor) first.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2006, 02:58:46 PM »
Noting that the Government had had many policies before, Warner said if the Government wishes to fund the Soca Warriors and ensure they make it to the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, they would have to put a proposal to the Football Federation
[/u][/b]

since when funders have tuh put in a proposal.....thought was the other way around.

Tounge yuh read meh mind dey breds.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

1]; } ?>