April 29, 2024, 05:27:13 AM

Author Topic: We have 2 more World Cups with a Foreign Coach!  (Read 4432 times)

TrinInfinite

We have 2 more World Cups with a Foreign Coach!
« on: June 22, 2006, 04:26:43 PM »
From a very good source, it has been told to me that TT has another 2 World Cups with a foreign coach b4 a local boy can take the reins, I believe this is true and the person who stated it is talking real sense, we need another 8 years of foreign coaching until a local can take over and coach we team to the world cup, bc we have an abundance of talent. I think we will qualify in the top 3 in concacaf whether it is 3.5,4 or whatever spots, i ent care, we have tuh play ball either way oui.

I think staying with Dutch coaches is the right thing at the moment, unless we get a german coach, which is equally as good or better, but our approach to how we play football must come back to attacking, creative trini ball, we dont want tuh slip into mainly counter attacking football bc it is not natural for us, hopefully beenhakker or the whoever is our next coach can extract this brand of football out of us.

vibes it up

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: We have 2 more World Cups with a Foreign Coach!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 05:23:32 PM »
TrinInfinite....i have been saying that all along.....local coach can't cut it right now...not at international level i think....so i also say stick with the foreign coach who ever that person may be and not only at senior level but all level

Offline GyurlTrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 05:45:20 PM »
lol, I agree wit d stickin wit d foreign coach ting, but 1 thought dat ran thru my mind wen i heard Beenhaker mite b stayin on, was maybe he could help to get a good coach trainin program goin locally where sum top foreign coaches cud cum in & help train d local coaches we have 2 bring dem up to international standards - sumtin so mite take more dan 8 - 12 years 2 accomplish, but if we start now, we can look at a local national coach in maybe in 20 years or so.
Luv Kat

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 06:04:19 PM »
What makes a good National team coach?

1 - Ability to get the maximum output from his players & technical staff and get them to CONSISTENTLY perform to the optimum of their ability

2 - Commands the full respect of his players & technical staff

3 - Has the courage of his convictions

4 - Understands the game of football, it's tactics and strategies and can impart said knowlege effectively to his players and technical staff.

5 - Also helps if the coach is very much in tune with the international game

6 - Can convery and implement a desired pattern or plan of play in a vbery short space of time (especially if most of the players are not based locally)

7 - Able to delegate tasks when needed to those who are specilists in certain areas e.g. goalkeeper coach etc.

8 - And one of the most important requirments.......helps to have good players.

If a local coach has these qualities....then I see no reason why they cannot take charge of the team.  At the moment however....I struggle to come up with a single name.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 06:26:07 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 06:25:12 PM »

1 - Ability to get the maximum output from his players & technical staff and get them to CONSISTENTLY perform to the optimum of their ability

4 - Understands the game of football, it's tactics and strategies and can impart said knowlege effectively to his players and technical staff.

6 - Can convery and implement a desired pattern or plan of play in a vbery short space of time (especially if most of the players are not based locally)

7 - Able to delegate tasks when needed to those who are specilists in certain areas e.g. goalkeeper coach etc.

If a local coach has these qualities....then I see no reason why they cannot take charge of the team.  At the moment however....I struggle to come up with a single name.

number 5 is a good one. how much local coaches are in tune witht he international game......at a high enough level....to be compettitive.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 06:26:20 PM by palos »
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 06:42:09 PM »
TI as always i trying learn from all yuh but what exactly is this creative trini style of ball u refer to?
i agree with you about staying with the dutch coaching

we need someone to show and help our players understand the technical aspect of the game as far as formations and the roles in each formation to make the whole system come together and Dutchmen known for that.

-need a coach with serious experience at the int'l level club and world cup level

-need someone that can teach the basic fundamentals of the game which for some reason in TT we have recently been taking for granted

-added plus is a man to teach them knuckleheads who are so unmotivated to learn and fell they know more than anyone else including  Bertille, ron la, isa, anton etc etc etc etc

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 08:58:26 PM »
Is not about national coach or foreign coach.  is about getting the best available coach and we doh have that yet.  Look at all the big countries - Japan, Australia, Portugal, Australia, Ghana, and others - with much league experience who have foreign coaches and we think our local coaches good enough.  Even England had a foreign coach forthe last six years.  Steeuupppppssssss!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline mr.talented

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 09:01:23 PM »
not just foreign coach...but good ones...for all that we ever had here none i ever see give the warriors the look they have now...

quality...

"you could change your religion,your sex and everything else but not your football club"

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 10:15:34 PM »
Allyuh fellas was in de Oval fuh de fuss game against USA Ash Wednesday? I was dey, truss meh, we shouldah win dat game, with Latas, we wouldah definitely win, de team looked good.... Beenie gave the team confidence but Bertille was missin Latapy. Doh mine Bertille born locally in Tobago, with Latapy, we wouldah win dem fuss 3 games, we doh always need massa foreign coach to rescue we....  truss I on dat!  ;)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 10:18:33 PM »
From a very good source, it has been told to me that TT has another 2 World Cups with a foreign coach b4 a local boy can take the reins, I believe this is true and the person who stated it is talking real sense, we need another 8 years of foreign coaching until a local can take over and coach we team to the world cup, bc we have an abundance of talent. I think we will qualify in the top 3 in concacaf whether it is 3.5,4 or whatever spots, i ent care, we have tuh play ball either way oui.

I think staying with Dutch coaches is the right thing at the moment, unless we get a german coach, which is equally as good or better, but our approach to how we play football must come back to attacking, creative trini ball, we dont want tuh slip into mainly counter attacking football bc it is not natural for us, hopefully beenhakker or the whoever is our next coach can extract this brand of football out of us.

vibes it up

How can dey extract what they dont promote? We need a German or Brasilian coach. Shit after Klinesman's Team's  performance Ill even take he over de dutch because they are 2 steps behind "out defence" instead they say "just keep possession" not much  more though, just keep it.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2006, 10:23:48 PM »
Yuh tork good dey again because I supportin Germany from here on out! ;D
Honestly though, me eh think Beenie work Magic, he give dem boys confidence but with 3.5 spots for the fuss time and Latapy's introduction, he got a lot of help...

Doh let dem call yuh Waggonist...  buss dey head!   ;D

How can dey extract what they dont promote? We need a German or Brasilian coach. Shit after Klinesman's Team's  performance Ill even take he over de dutch because they are 2 steps behind "out defence" instead they say "just keep possession" not much  more though, just keep it.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2006, 11:34:09 PM »
Honestly though, me eh think Beenie work Magic, he give dem boys confidence but with 3.5 spots for the fuss time and Latapy's introduction, he got a lot of help...

So TI give up the Hardest talk so you take up the Latas talk.

I love Latas eh but yuh talkin bout him so much without perspective is like yuh just trying to be a nuisance.

So ah go drill it in yuh head.....Latas  was on FOUR FAILED WORLD CUP QUALIFIERS. At his prime and Yorke's prime neither could get us to the World Cup...throw in Nakhid and Shaka in he prime to. All World Class Players in their own right. We NEVER make it.

Beenie show up and in 1 year we in the World Cup.

Enough ah de talk nah...

But back to the Issue with the Dutch coach I agree we should start stick with that method. Guus Hiddink will probably leave Australia after the World Cup like he did with South Korea. We could try him.

Or Ruud Gullit (although he "sexy football philosopy" was sent packing by Newcastle).

But we shouldn't look at no local coach. We ent need no coach who coming up with ah game plan by sleeping on it overnight

We need modern ideas....modern coaches :chilling:

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2006, 02:15:11 AM »

I love Latas eh but yuh talkin bout him so much without perspective is like yuh just trying to be a nuisance.

So ah go drill it in yuh head.....Latas  was on FOUR FAILED WORLD CUP QUALIFIERS. At his prime and Yorke's prime neither could get us to the World Cup...throw in Nakhid and Shaka in he prime to. All World Class Players in their own right. We NEVER make it.

Enough ah de talk nah...

But back to the Issue with the Dutch coach I agree we should start stick with that method. Guus Hiddink will probably leave Australia after the World Cup like he did with South Korea. We could try him.

Or Ruud Gullit (although he "sexy football philosopy" was sent packing by Newcastle).

But we shouldn't look at no local coach. We ent need no coach who coming up with ah game plan by sleeping on it overnight

Just for your knowledge.
Guus is already hired by Russia & Abramovics
Gullit didn't do a very good job at feyenoord.
I think you just need a great coach, could be a trini, but if he stayed local he forgot to learn enough.
If a 'local' coach wants to become something he needs to go international & do coach training in the UK & Holland or Germany and after coach in the US or so. The problem with a local coach is that he also has no access to the data that Dutch or German or English coaches share through site's like : de voetbaltrainer etc. This is important, here are also lots of pure football trainers seminars.
For example, just saw an articles on how to make sure that kids at about 13 years old in the middle of their grow need to make sure they train their back & around the waist muscle since with too much football this can become out of balance. It is not just one good trainer, we have a few but they share info & learn a lot from each other even in close collaboration with a few sport universities. Ideally you get someone that is eager, would fit in Trinidad & learned his tactics from multiple big trainers like Johan Cruijff,Otto Rehhagel,Beckenbauer,Capello,Hiddink,vGaal,Pekerman,Zico & Rijkaard just to name a few.
He also needs to have a vision about the game, something he would stick too.
Its not about the country he is from it is about the people he worked with.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 02:22:18 AM by dutchman »
Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2006, 02:26:19 AM »

number 5 is a good one. how much local coaches are in tune witht he international game......at a high enough level....to be compettitive.
Number 5 is the main one, If you dont have it forget it.

Offline ahlikeit

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2006, 03:31:32 AM »
        Listening to the US sports talk shows, the debate was the current coach ability to motivate and manage his team at the biggest football stage..... Worldcup. They commented on how well T&T and other underdogs played and how a seasoned coach made the difference. They also stress the importance of the calibre and salary of players in the domestic league. A foreign coach can prepare us and inject his experience to our local coaches, administration and players. Can you Imargine having Leo for the next 8 years?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2006, 05:32:29 AM »
TI as always i trying learn from all yuh but what exactly is this creative trini style of ball u refer to?
i agree with you about staying with the dutch coaching

we need someone to show and help our players understand the technical aspect of the game as far as formations and the roles in each formation to make the whole system come together and Dutchmen known for that.-need a coach with serious experience at the int'l level club and world cup level

-need someone that can teach the basic fundamentals of the game which for some reason in TT we have recently been taking for granted

-added plus is a man to teach them knuckleheads who are so unmotivated to learn and fell they know more than anyone else including Bertille, ron la, isa, anton etc etc etc etc

I agree that our players need to improve at these aspect of the game but I don't think that's responsibility of the coach. Those things are supposed to come through systematic youth development and competition at a high level. The national coach is not supposed to do teaching, he is suppposed to be an organiser and motivator.

Offline paddy

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2006, 05:46:22 AM »
maybe sven goran eriksson ? he only cost 5 million a year !!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2006, 05:55:52 AM »
maybe sven goran eriksson ? he only cost 5 million a year !!

Summa the men who saying the team was dissapointing would be even more dissappointed with Sven there. His style is build a team around defence and worry about atack.

But with all that woman Sven does chase, he would real like heself here.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2006, 05:59:32 AM »
Ah saving from now for South Africa.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2006, 06:11:46 AM »
Let Lastas be in charge of the youth teams development- coaching and selecting coahes.If successfull
well ......

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2006, 06:19:46 AM »
I just hope you going Kandi.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2006, 07:04:44 AM »

Enough ah de talk nah...

Just for your knowledge.
Guus is already hired by Russia & Abramovics
Gullit didn't do a very good job at feyenoord.
I think you just need a great coach, could be a trini, but if he stayed local he forgot to learn enough.
If a 'local' coach wants to become something he needs to go international & do coach training in the UK & Holland or Germany and after coach in the US or so. The problem with a local coach is that he also has no access to the data that Dutch or German or English coaches share through site's like : de voetbaltrainer etc. This is important, here are also lots of pure football trainers seminars.
For example, just saw an articles on how to make sure that kids at about 13 years old in the middle of their grow need to make sure they train their back & around the waist muscle since with too much football this can become out of balance. It is not just one good trainer, we have a few but they share info & learn a lot from each other even in close collaboration with a few sport universities. Ideally you get someone that is eager, would fit in Trinidad & learned his tactics from multiple big trainers like Johan Cruijff,Otto Rehhagel,Beckenbauer,Capello,Hiddink,vGaal,Pekerman,Zico & Rijkaard just to name a few.
He also needs to have a vision about the game, something he would stick too.
Its not about the country he is from it is about the people he worked with.
:applause: :applause:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2006, 09:04:34 AM »
[

I agree that our players need to improve at these aspect of the game but I don't think that's responsibility of the coach. Those things are supposed to come through systematic youth development and competition at a high level. The national coach is not supposed to do teaching, he is suppposed to be an organiser and motivator.

True u are correct boss but tt don't have that right now nor do we have to coaches that are teaching these things
we have no development program and we have taken these skills for granted at all levels

1]; } ?>