April 27, 2024, 02:48:28 AM

Author Topic: Brown, Burns and Steroids  (Read 3565 times)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Brown, Burns and Steroids
« on: June 09, 2005, 10:01:18 AM »
I always remember a comment Ato made when Brown run 10.04..he say "that is good and he wish him all the best for the future but it's a big step from that to running under 10 consistently". Watching that pre-fontaine field and seeing men that Brown was beating at youth level all dipping under 10 and he eh do that yet...I convinced that 'step' is when they start to take all them drug cocktails. So doh look for Brown and Burns to start mashing up anytime soon because hopefully they not going down that road. The only fair field in a 100 was the year when Kim Collins win without going under- 10 !
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Brown, Burns and Steroids
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 10:25:24 AM »
I have no evidence to support my claim but just from observation I believe a large majority of US sprinters use steroids.  I find it hard to believe how sprinters such as Gatlin, Crawford, and more recently Leonard Scott, Walter Dix and Wallace Spearmon have very big dramatic improvement in their times over a very short period of time.  I am not saying guys like Gatlin and Crawford not talented but being around college athletes who take steroids makes me wonder how if these stars are "clean".

I wish Brown, Burns , Candice Scott and others the very best.  It is very tough being involved in track and field especially coming from Trinidad.  Hopefully, their futures will be blessed with lots of success.

1]; } ?>