April 23, 2024, 10:34:28 AM

Author Topic: Big Magician is a VIP on the FIFA World Cup website  (Read 848 times)

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Big Magician is a VIP on the FIFA World Cup website
« on: June 22, 2006, 04:35:49 PM »
WOI!! Big M did it again!!! the man is a VIP along with Ato in the World Cup website. Here is an excerpt:

Gary Hector, Singer/Songwriter

Singer, guitarist and songwriter Gary Hector is the main creative force behind Jointpop, a rock 'n' roll band formed in 1996, disbanded briefly in 2004, and reformed in 2005. His music is a distinctive blend of styles, drawing as much on Trinidad’s indigenous music form, calypso, as it does on classic and modern rock, punk, funk and reggae.

He is also a fanatical follower of Trinidad and Tobago's national team and, after watching the final match of their first-ever FIFA World Cup™ adventure end in a gallant, undeserved defeat to Paraguay, he told FIFAworldcup.com of his pride in the Soca Warriors.

How do you feel after the elimination of you team?
I’m absolutely proud of my team, of my country and the people. I’ve absolutely no regrets. The country itself has been very proud of everything. I think we showed the world what we can do as a football team, and also as a people, just by having a good time.
It was a long trip getting back to our hotel after the game. We drove all night. Personally, I wasn’t in any sad mood or anything. I wish the game could have gone better, yes, but you know, I think it was a great effort by the boys. We were outclassed in the end. Everybody was realistic enough.
I wrote a song for the team about five years ago. It was not specifically about this team, about this qualification, but it was just a song about our national football team for all times, with the dream to one day get to the World Cup. And the dream came true.
My only regret is that I didn’t see more of one of our players. Russell Latapy only played last night for 23 minutes, and my only regret is that I didn’t see more of him. He’s my favourite player of all time.

read the rest here http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/060622/1/81kg.html

1]; } ?>