April 29, 2024, 02:06:28 AM

Author Topic: All de talk about Latapy play too little...YET  (Read 2473 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
All de talk about Latapy play too little...YET
« on: June 22, 2006, 05:43:36 PM »
not a word about another true servant of T&T football who may never get this opportunity again to play on the world stage.

Yes...ah talkin bout we former captain....Marvin "Dog" Andrews

Ah mean.....Latas is Latas and he have a special place in all a we heart eh....

But checkin all de posts here on de board, it come like Dog is chopped liver by comparison.  Ah mean...not a flikkin word!

Here is a man who was bound to start in de first match were it not for injury....a man who regained fitness in time for the last game (as it turned out) against Paraguay and eh get a second of World Cup Football.

Like nobody feelin it fuh he.  Dis is a man who did run through brick wall fuh we.  A man who never shirk he responsibility of playin for T&T.  Always come back when needed with no questions asked.  Is times like dem when yuh really have to have faith like de big man in trute.  Becuase some might say if GOD was a good GOD....he woulda make it so dat Marvin wouldn't have dah injury dat cost him he place on de team.

Anyway.....while everybody bennin bout hom much time or how little time Latas get to play, spare a thought fuh one of we true loyal soldiers....."De Dog" himself (GOD spell backwards)....Marvin Andrews!  Feelin it fuh yuh bro but de Lord know best.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
Re: All de talk about Latapy play too little...YET
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 05:46:35 PM »
 :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 06:09:25 PM »
good post palos
that actually went throu my head when glen got hurt and we had to make d sub...oh gawd, dog world cup over
here is a pic of him walking out before the england match

Offline biga84

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 06:18:57 PM »
I was really hoping to see him play however when the starting 11 came out and I see he aint in it then I knew right away that was it for him. How Bennie could bring on a defender when we need goals. But all the best to him and I know he still enjoyed the experenice.

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 06:31:07 PM »
. How Bennie could bring on a defender when we need goals.

if we got a few and held a lead late was what i was thinking he may get he chance, but with 2 subs burn already no chance for dat
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 06:34:37 PM by ricky »

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 08:21:49 PM »
really i hoping this man dont retire... he's 31 yrs and probably still have a good few years left in him... just hope if he stay he would go get his knee checked at least... but it'll be real sad to see him go... outta all seriousness i'll be in a bad mood if this man retire... i remember him coming off the bench for Rangers early last year i believe and scoring 2 goals to get them the victory... i remember him giving Blanco some hard blade 5 years ago... i dont think this man does really have many bad games... he's like a lucky charm on the field... i cant remember against who but it was for t&t when he score an own goal and come back to score a goal in the correct net.... he real make me proud and it was a bit disheartening to not see him play in the WC... i was really looking foward to it... whether he retire soon or not i wish him the best of luck  :beermug:

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 08:29:38 PM »
I hope he get another chance but the way Sancho play, he look like the man in the middle for the future.  Also. bad knees at 31 is not a good omen for the future.  God bless you "Big Dog"!  God heal you!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 11:47:41 PM »
DOG served well... But I think we have to look at our future now.. Next WC he will be 35, and his knee not getting any better..

Development of the youths must start ASAP ( next week )
Lincoln's Plan must be put into effect ASAP

LONG LIVE T&T
LONG LIVE WARRIORS

oconnorg
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 12:05:46 AM »
He need to take care of himself. He may not leave on his terms but his health is the most important thing and if his knee isn't good enough for the rigors of professional football he may need to retire not only from T&T football but from the game.

I wouldn't like to see him destroy his future or end up disabled because of something that could be prevented. He young he doh need to cripple heself.

You've made us proud

Take care Dog :chilling:

TrinInfinite

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 01:45:07 AM »
good talk, but i also stated that sancho would take dogs place bc i know sancho was a better defender :beermug: but cheers to dog, he is a boss and a servant of god, he will always be remembered, much blessings

Offline mr.talented

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 04:21:41 AM »
gotta love his faith if yuh God fearing though...rock on dawg...

"you could change your religion,your sex and everything else but not your football club"

Offline lp

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2006, 06:24:09 PM »
A calming influence on the team and a tower of strength. Teams always need someone like him around to keep men feet on the ground. I hope he will be around the team in some capacity in the future. It is really a pity that he was unable to showcase his skills on the biggest stage, he has sacrificed so much over the years unselfishly..... but God is still in control and he surely knows best. Be blessed BIG MARV.

lp

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2006, 06:32:27 PM »
perhaps he should have had the surgery last year after all - he would have been fully recovered by now.  Then again we probably wouldn't have qualified for Germany without him.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2006, 06:48:32 PM »
The reason they did not play is totally different so  why we felt it for Marvin the Latapy issue was different the man was fit and ready to go. Dog's injury was not the same one that ourr heavenly father healed him from, it was another injury.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>