March 29, 2024, 12:04:18 AM

Author Topic: Two Reasons why Latapy may have sat out 2 matches!  (Read 4808 times)

TrinInfinite

Two Reasons why Latapy may have sat out 2 matches!
« on: June 22, 2006, 04:35:32 PM »
I have been trying to figure out why Latas sat out 2 matches and it dawned to me that I remember him saying that he will make way for a younger player on the team, densil being that player that he took under his wing, I feel that in efforts to rebuild for 2010 bc we will miss latas and yorke, beenhakker took it upon himself to groom theobald, give him the world cup experience needed for the future of tt football, not only that theobald is a defensive playmaker, unlike latas who is a very offensive playmaker, with defense in mind, beenhakker chose to play densil bc he is our future, as latas is on the way out, however it was a risk bc latas and this is speculative, could have added that creative flair we needed to reach the 2nd rounds, but in efforts to add to the future of the midfield latas was benched, mayeb maybe not, people will say why not yorke but yorke is in good shape, much better than latas, yorke also is the captain and was one of the bess players on the field. It looked like latas didnt want to take away the experience from densil, bc it was needed for the future of tt football. what is allyuh opinion, i could be wrong bc latas is a boss and should have played more, but say wha.

vibes it up

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Two Reasons why Latapy may have sat out 2 matches!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 04:46:10 PM »
Wha is de 2nd reason?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 04:47:55 PM »
I have been trying to figure out why Latas sat out 2 matches and it dawned to me that I remember him saying that he will make way for a younger player on the team, densil being that player that he took under his wing, I feel that in efforts to rebuild for 2010 bc we will miss latas and yorke, beenhakker took it upon himself to groom theobald, give him the world cup experience needed for the future of tt football, not only that theobald is a defensive playmaker, unlike latas who is a very offensive playmaker, with defense in mind, beenhakker chose to play densil bc he is our future, as latas is on the way out, however it was a risk bc latas and this is speculative, could have added that creative flair we needed to reach the 2nd rounds, but in efforts to add to the future of the midfield latas was benched, mayeb maybe not, people will say why not yorke but yorke is in good shape, much better than latas, yorke also is the captain and was one of the bess players on the field. It looked like latas didnt want to take away the experience from densil, bc it was needed for the future of tt football. what is allyuh opinion, i could be wrong bc latas is a boss and should have played more, but say wha.

vibes it up

No disrespect to Theobald but Hmmmmmmmmmm he's our future.....

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 04:49:55 PM »

vibes it up

No disrespect to Theobald but Hmmmmmmmmmm he's our future.....

I 2nd that question on Theobald and being de future....I rather have Hardest in dere instead ent TI  :devil: :angel:

TrinInfinite

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 04:56:34 PM »
both reasons are dere palos, hardest should have been dere, without a doubt, being around the managment and players, hardest should have been dere ;D

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 05:12:16 PM »
both reasons are dere palos, hardest should have been dere, without a doubt, being around the managment and players, hardest should have been dere ;D

To do wha?  It have a coconuts in Germany?  Or daz Arnold? :rotfl:

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 07:10:40 PM »
yuh aint easy palos... :rotfl:

Offline Latent

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 07:46:00 PM »
I agree with you to a point. Indeed, I believe Beenhakker was thinking that some of the players were the future and played them. This may have been the case with Latas and Theobald. I however think there is some more to this-

1)Given the age of Latapy, Beenhakker became convinced (and quite a few of us are) that Latapy could only play for short periods. Hence the reason why he did not play in these two games, because given the level of defending needed, it may have been questionable if Latapy had the stamina for this kind og game.

2) Because Latapy is playmaker and creative one at that, the defensive plan for the first two games did not suit his style of play. To me, he is an attacking midfielder and is needed to startthe attack by getting into proper offensive positions to either attack the opponent's goal or to create the necessay offensive play for the forwards. This was not the game plan in the first two games. Even Beenhakker admitted this when he was interviewed after the Paraguay game.

What is strange though is why he was brought on so late in the Paraguay game. This is one of those mysteries we will debate for years.

This is my opinion anyway, you free to agree or disagree.

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Did Beenie Win Any Games Without Latapy?
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 11:25:12 PM »
Doh buss meh head or call meh ah Waggonist, ah juss asking a question?

And ah know de lass Bahrain game Latas barely play, but leh we face it, Bahrain was a sh!t team.

As far as I remembah, I think Beenie lose de fuss game without Latas, dais why Yorke beg jack to bring back de Magician.

I was in de Oval for de fuss game against USA, we played well, I doh care what allyuh say, my beef is I believe if Latapy was in de mix, Bertille St Claire would have had a better record.

What yuh say?

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Did Beenie Win Any Games Without Latapy?
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 11:37:12 PM »
Oh shit man...yuh at it again.

Ah go ask yuh this

Did Latas make any World Cup before Beenie ???

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2006, 11:45:54 PM »
Just address de question and doh get sensitive nah.... 8)

Oh shit man...yuh at it again.

Ah go ask yuh this

Did Latas make any World Cup before Beenie ???

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2006, 11:55:47 PM »
Doh buss meh head or call meh ah Waggonist, ah juss asking a question?

And ah know de lass Bahrain game Latas barely play, but leh we face it, Bahrain was a sh!t team.

As far as I remembah, I think Beenie lose de fuss game without Latas, dais why Yorke beg jack to bring back de Magician.

I was in de Oval for de fuss game against USA, we played well, I doh care what allyuh say, my beef is I believe if Latapy was in de mix, Bertille St Claire would have had a better record.
What yuh say?

Well if yuh main question is if Bertille record would have been better if Latas was there...they answer is a resounding NO....wait Hell NO.

Bennie actually had a game plan for when the players showed up to play matches. And scouted thououghly.

Bertille didn't do that AT ALL.  On interviews many players said that it was the first time they actually had a plan presented to them that they played with.  Trust meh Beenie professionalism is something the players never experience playing for T&T.

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2006, 12:01:22 AM »
Padnah, I was in de Oval for the USA game, Ash Wednesday, it was a close game, if not for some bad offside calls by the linemen...

With Latapy, we would have won that game!

Again, please answer my question as I am confused whether he did win a game or not...

Well if yuh main question is if Bertille record would have been better if Latas was there...they answer is a resounding NO....wait Hell NO.

Bennie actually had a game plan for when the players showed up to play matches. And scouted thououghly.

Bertille didn't do that AT ALL.  On interviews many players said that it was the first time they actually had a plan presented to them that they played with.  Trust meh Beenie professionalism is something the players never experience playing for T&T.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2006, 12:09:19 AM »
Speculation works both ways.  We cyah deal with what if.  What if we had J LLoyd and Bobby?  What if? The What ifs could go on forever and a day.  Deal with reality. 

What was supposed to happen done happen already.  Let we move on.  Nutten anybody say right now could change de past.  Dwelling on de past is wasted energy.

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2006, 12:10:18 AM »
Is anyone out there able to answer the question?

Speculation works both ways.  We cyah deal with what if.  What if we had J LLoyd and Bobby?  What if? The What ifs could go on forever and a day.  Deal with reality. 

What was supposed to happen done happen already.  Let we move on.  Nutten anybody say right now could change de past.  Dwelling on de past is wasted energy.

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2006, 03:00:56 AM »

What yuh say?

Good question.
but if I were you I would buy a ticket and see a match at the WC.
If not you might get it in 2010 in S Africa if we qualify.
then you might see what happend at the oval is like a different game.
On a tv screen you can't see the difference, why ?
cause they use slow motions , (I hate that)
If you ever see this England or Sweden live in attack I know you would think a little different.
But sure Paraguay played slower and Latas could have come in quite a bit earlier that game.
my 2 cents

« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 03:45:41 AM by dutchman »
Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline Ned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Latas Paraguay pics ?
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2006, 05:09:54 AM »
I've been googling the web for pictures of Latapy playing against Paraguay without any success - anyone able to provide any pictures or links ? .... I see a picture in my head of him standing waiting to come on viewed from behind , ready to show the World Cup what it had been missing  ;D

oh aye , any pics of Bleeder in Germany greatly appreciated as well  ::)

Offline biga84

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2006, 06:16:53 AM »
The reason that Latapy did not play in the first two games is because of Tactics full stop period the end. plain and simple. Everyone should go on to: http://www.socawarriorstt.com/static/germanyvideo.htm and click on the first video and listen to what Hasley Crawford has to say.

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2006, 06:22:08 AM »

vibes it up

what about these 2 reasons.......

1. de smoking (amount of cigarettes daily)

2. de fact that de don thought being level with sweden,england  after de 80th min..it was the game plan to grind it out defensively and latas being as offensive minded as he is..didn't/wouldn't factor into his defensive scheme....

just my speculation...

#8..President Of De Glen Goals Committe

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2006, 06:46:29 AM »
Now Latas is my favourites player and Hero but.....

Let me ask alyuh a question.

Alyuh really watch them two first games objectively?

We couldn't see we flipping way and we were being bombarded right tru.

Its a 10 man hold out, in the first game with a fwd who not gettin the ball so technically we have 8 men on the field.

The second game we were holding England and hoping for the counter, we were not stringing any big set of passes, holding any big set of possession or stroking the ball.

We made a maximum 12 passes in the Sweden game and a 15 pass spurt in the English game.

Thats it.

Latas if he came orn woulda put us under More pressure defensively as he doe tackle.

The world knows that and the English and Swedish midfield were closing us down and not allowing us space and time on the ball.

Putting on Latas wouldnt of make any sense.

For those who want to tell me the best form of defence is offence...yes but who latas woulda pass the ball to?....Stern to lorse it as in Paraguay.....or Yorke who playing nearly first stopper.

Now Latapy lit up the world with his 23 min run vs paraguay....but how do you find his performances were before that.

A good 15 min vs Bahrain but....

The man definitely slow down and while he still have the magic he was unimpressive vs Peru.

Vs Costa Rica he was ordinary

His moment of Glory in this qualifying campaign was vs Guatemala and Mexico.

Hindsight is just that...it doe make sense saying he shoulda be on the field longer etc.

We get a goal conceded upon us WHEN HE WAS ON THE FIELD....remember that.

Let us just leave it as an unfortunate game........leave it that Latas left his mark on the WC.......and leave it that we were beaten by Paraguay. They scored two and Sancho scored 1.

Also try and remember where this team was mere weeks before and where they are now.

The improvement was drastic.

The only thing wrong with Beenie tactics in the final game was giving jack a charity sweat and having Stern on the field.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2006, 06:46:56 AM »
what about these 2 reasons.......

1. de smoking (amount of cigarettes daily)

2. de fact that de don thought being level with sweden,england  after de 80th min..it was the game plan to grind it out defensively and latas being as offensive minded as he is..didn't/wouldn't factor into his defensive scheme....

just my speculation...

#8..President Of De Glen Goals Committe

How #13 doin?

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2006, 07:04:06 AM »
Latas is a "luxury" we couldn't afford to utilize in those games.
Live large and prosper!

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2006, 07:23:56 AM »
I agree with you to a point. Indeed, I believe Beenhakker was thinking that some of the players were the future and played them. This may have been the case with Latas and Theobald. I however think there is some more to this-

1)Given the age of Latapy, Beenhakker became convinced (and quite a few of us are) that Latapy could only play for short periods. Hence the reason why he did not play in these two games, because given the level of defending needed, it may have been questionable if Latapy had the stamina for this kind og game.

2) Because Latapy is playmaker and creative one at that, the defensive plan for the first two games did not suit his style of play. To me, he is an attacking midfielder and is needed to startthe attack by getting into proper offensive positions to either attack the opponent's goal or to create the necessay offensive play for the forwards. This was not the game plan in the first two games. Even Beenhakker admitted this when he was interviewed after the Paraguay game.

What is strange though is why he was brought on so late in the Paraguay game. This is one of those mysteries we will debate for years.

This is my opinion anyway, you free to agree or disagree.

It don't take a rocket scientist to realise you can't groom an unknown player during the world cup games,I respect beenie but don't think he's exempt from making bad moves and wrong choices,lets be smart here latas playing from the start in the three games and theobald replacing him somewhere during the second half after he's done all the damage would have been accepted by most,for goodness sake he's a national hero who always wanted to play among the best in the world and you gave him a sympathetic sweat..............Anyone can tell you whether they're a footballer or not that the warriors team is built around latas influence,like jordan with the bulls,kobe with the lakers,wade with heat,hagi with romania,maradona with argentina,ronaldinhno with brazil etc etc..............       

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2006, 07:30:57 AM »

If J LLoyd and Zamora was dey we would have made 2nd rounds - without a doubt!
No way J Lloyd was getting a red card like Avery in dat 1st match = 3 points vs Sweden
Zamora would have finished the header that Terry cleared off the line and wouldn't have been offside on the goal that Stern scored = 1 point vs England
then we coulda play for de draw vs Paraguay = at least 1 pt and 2nd rounds!!

Offline biga84

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2006, 07:34:46 AM »
Now Latas is my favourites player and Hero but.....

Let me ask alyuh a question.

Alyuh really watch them two first games objectively?

We couldn't see we flipping way and we were being bombarded right tru.

Its a 10 man hold out, in the first game with a fwd who not gettin the ball so technically we have 8 men on the field.

The second game we were holding England and hoping for the counter, we were not stringing any big set of passes, holding any big set of possession or stroking the ball.

We made a maximum 12 passes in the Sweden game and a 15 pass spurt in the English game.

Thats it.

Latas if he came orn woulda put us under More pressure defensively as he doe tackle.

The world knows that and the English and Swedish midfield were closing us down and not allowing us space and time on the ball.

Putting on Latas wouldnt of make any sense.

For those who want to tell me the best form of defence is offence...yes but who latas woulda pass the ball to?....Stern to lorse it as in Paraguay.....or Yorke who playing nearly first stopper.

Now Latapy lit up the world with his 23 min run vs paraguay....but how do you find his performances were before that.

A good 15 min vs Bahrain but....

The man definitely slow down and while he still have the magic he was unimpressive vs Peru.

Vs Costa Rica he was ordinary

His moment of Glory in this qualifying campaign was vs Guatemala and Mexico.

Hindsight is just that...it doe make sense saying he shoulda be on the field longer etc.

We get a goal conceded upon us WHEN HE WAS ON THE FIELD....remember that.

Let us just leave it as an unfortunate game........leave it that Latas left his mark on the WC.......and leave it that we were beaten by Paraguay. They scored two and Sancho scored 1.

Also try and remember where this team was mere weeks before and where they are now.

The improvement was drastic.

The only thing wrong with Beenie tactics in the final game was giving jack a charity sweat and having Stern on the field.

Thank you  :applause: :applause: :applause:

It seems that people are having a hard time seeing that we were playing two defensive games

Offline Ned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Latas Paraguay pics ?
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2006, 07:58:22 AM »
I've been googling the web for pictures of Latapy playing against Paraguay without any success - anyone able to provide any pictures or links ? .... I see a picture in my head of him standing waiting to come on viewed from behind , ready to show the World Cup what it had been missing  ;D

oh aye , any pics of Bleeder in Germany greatly appreciated as well  ::)
Did some mod see the 'Latas' headline I used and automatically fire the thread in here .. I don't want to discuss the Wee Fella I'm just looking for pictures of him  >:(

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2006, 08:11:48 AM »
I did see Theobald in the Sweden game thread a ball through to Stern which was miss trap and eventually lost to a defender, also in England's game he did block one of Beckham's crosses intended for Crouch. In de end his game on the ball was lacking,his game off the ball  may tell a different story, after all he was part of the defence that did the unthinkable of holding off World Cup quality.

Offline danibaby

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2006, 08:48:07 AM »
Good post i want to hear from de experts. Here's my stag drinking opinion seeing that i only support meh boys and hope sir beenie does what's in the best interest of the team.
1) He is sponsored by witco (2 packs a day) so he probably cyah run more than 20 mintutes, i.e. lack of fitness.
2) If yuh bring him on in de 20th (which is what i think happened in that last game) he will attack or as some of you said during the game "only make hero plays" and the sweden/england games called for defensive strategy.
He still get a WC sweat in de end and he's a warrior....gotta love him!

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2006, 09:19:27 AM »

No way J Lloyd was getting a red card like Avery in dat 1st match = 3 points vs Sweden
Zamora would have finished the header that Terry cleared off the line and wouldn't have been offside on the goal that Stern scored = 1 point vs England

If If If....wha yuh sayin doh apply beacuse dey couldnt and didnt play!

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2006, 11:23:56 AM »

it have no way we could know that unless we have ah time machine. savannah boy is right, the what ifs could go on for forever.
what if latas play more?
what if BSC was coach?
what if scotland play?
what if the referee was different?
what if theobald didn't play?
you see my point..there is no way we could accurately determine what the results would have been if the coaching staff did things differently.
In the ned I am pourd of the soca warriors, we draw with sweden.  We could boast we draw with a team that beat germany.
Oh, that game eh play yet, I am getting ahead of mehself.

1]; } ?>