April 23, 2024, 04:37:23 AM

Author Topic: ADOPT A Team - Pro League  (Read 7729 times)

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
ADOPT A Team - Pro League
« on: June 23, 2006, 06:53:42 AM »
Hey guys,

Based on our WC showing, it proves that , tho we have a small talent pool ( I estimate 200 000 or so ) we have some good talent. I am also sure most of you will agree that PLENTY of that talent is NOT tapped into.

I am saying this. Adopt a Pro League team and get to know its administrators, players coaches. Talk to them constantly, let them know of untapped talent, get to know the plans, their way forward and how they plan to fit in to the NATIONAL structure for building the sport.

Under SW.net and WN.com we can create sub groups which you will actively participate in . these sub groups in effect will we the defacto FAN club for these Pro League Teams. The more involved you become, is the more people you can attract to the team, and ultimately means greater attendance in Pro League Games.

I am thinking along the lines of Jabloteh Fan Club, W Connection Fan club, etc etc.. Come up with a suitable name for the club. Lets get this started. I am putting it to you the interested folks to take the bull by the horn and Lets ALL start up discussions regarding this thrust.

Lets start the ball rolling by means of trashing out ideas in this thead.. Together with you, we can present something to TT Pro League heads in the next couple months..

What Say you ?

oconnorg
Regional Head
The Warrior Nation

www.socawarriors.net
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 06:57:17 AM by oconnorg »
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
Re: ADOPT A Team - Pro League
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 06:57:33 AM »
I'm in, knew loads of talented players that went by the waste side because people didn't know they existed :beermug: (Me included ;D )
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 07:00:57 AM »
Great idea.  I'm in.  I eh from San Juan but I like how Jabloteh focusin on total local so dem is de team I most support home.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 07:05:53 AM »
Nice idea oconnorg

In addition to creating excitement behind local teams. Perhaps 'everyone' can become a local scout of sorts

Keeping an eye out for little fellahs who have that 'spark' when they playin on the local school ground or area grounds

Didnt TI mention at some point that Hardest was 'grooming' a 10 year old prodigy in his area?

How can a child like that be spotted by the right people to make things happen?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 07:11:53 AM »
Nice idea oconnorg

In addition to creating excitement behind local teams. Perhaps 'everyone' can become a local scout of sorts

Keeping an eye out for little fellahs who have that 'spark' when they playin on the local school ground or area grounds

Didnt TI mention at some point that Hardest was 'grooming' a 10 year old prodigy in his area?

Well one thing the WN and SW.net is going to be embarking on is running camps in rural areas.. These camps WILL be in line with Lincoln overall development plan as I already plan to discuss it with him.. We wont do it in a SILO.. If it have youths that have some serious skill, we can look to see how best we can have them integrated into a youth club team or something like that..

Good point tho Dutty..  :thumbsup:

Palos thanks for the vote of confidence..

I looking for me who willing to head up the respective Fan Clubs too..
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 07:13:49 AM by oconnorg »

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 07:13:30 AM »
Nice idea oconnorg

The only way is for us or people locally to make a cd, dvd or VHS video of what the kid can do and send it out to every coach, trainer so they can see what they have instore for them come a few years.  Right now I have a kid making a dvd of himself so I could send it out to universities in de states so he could get his name out there.  He is only 13 but in 4 years some university going to pick him up on a fill scol.  If I had someone showing interest like this for me when I was leaving Trini I would have had an easier time finding the right university to play for.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 07:15:42 AM »
The DVD have to profile the skills that the players have and to some extent show the skills that they are lacking.  That way coaches will know everything and it isn't cat in bag for them.  Sometime it is a marketing game

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 07:17:48 AM »
Nice idea oconnorg

The only way is for us or people locally to make a cd, dvd or VHS video of what the kid can do and send it out to every coach, trainer so they can see what they have instore for them come a few years.  Right now I have a kid making a dvd of himself so I could send it out to universities in de states so he could get his name out there.  He is only 13 but in 4 years some university going to pick him up on a fill scol.  If I had someone showing interest like this for me when I was leaving Trini I would have had an easier time finding the right university to play for.

All this is Great initaitives..

We already have a GREAT database of players both senior and youth.. We can EXPAND this to Video Archives of youths etc etc.

That youth , is he atached to a club, or some youth program ?

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 07:24:23 AM »
This is a brilliant idea. Could we get aposting of all the teams by geographic regions?

Thanks

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 07:29:23 AM »
Nice idea oconnorg

The only way is for us or people locally to make a cd, dvd or VHS video of what the kid can do and send it out to every coach, trainer so they can see what they have instore for them come a few years.  Right now I have a kid making a dvd of himself so I could send it out to universities in de states so he could get his name out there.  He is only 13 but in 4 years some university going to pick him up on a fill scol.  If I had someone showing interest like this for me when I was leaving Trini I would have had an easier time finding the right university to play for.

All this is Great initaitives..

We already have a GREAT database of players both senior and youth.. We can EXPAND this to Video Archives of youths etc etc.

That youth , is he atached to a club, or some youth program ?

He plays local football for his school here in TO and I think he was attached to some youth club.  The problem here is the kid has real (raw but coachable) skill, but he is small and in some game he got hit and broke his nose or something and him mom doh want him to play football.  I wanted to kill de woman because the boy wants to play and she holding him back.  I just told him what to do and he is making something up for me.  I kinda know a couple of coaches in de states and I know what universities are willing to take a look at players so that is how I end up helping the kid.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 07:30:58 AM »
caladonia aia supporters group

president
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2006, 07:32:06 AM »
Yeah oconnorg. Great idea. I hope the idea could expand to what we were talking about where the teams become community based and that would have so many benifits, football and otherwise. A community based football team may ease up the crime situation, help with money circulation as yuh come out and buy a corn soup or a snowcone at the community centre where Diego playing Belmont. Then yuh have something for a family to do together. Yuh come out on a Sunday afternoon to watch yuh neighbours and talented people yuh grow up with playing and doing something constructive. Then yuh have each team with a youth program just feeding the youth teams and so on.

Wish I was home to help oconnorg

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2006, 07:33:44 AM »
I wouldn't mind once or twice a year we go down and host, tape, showcase some players and pass the information out to people we think can him the players out. 

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2006, 07:34:51 AM »
Yeah oconnorg. Great idea. I hope the idea could expand to what we were talking about where the teams become community based and that would have so many benifits, football and otherwise. A community based football team may ease up the crime situation, help with money circulation as yuh come out and buy a corn soup or a snowcone at the community centre where Diego playing Belmont. Then yuh have something for a family to do together. Yuh come out on a Sunday afternoon to watch yuh neighbours and talented people yuh grow up with playing and doing something constructive. Then yuh have each team with a youth program just feeding the youth teams and so on.

Wish I was home to help oconnorg

Help can come in different Ways so dont worry.. We will find a way for you to assists.. Thanks for the Input.!

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2006, 07:37:40 AM »
caladonia aia supporters group

president

Yes guys we need more people to step up like this... kenny I marking this down so when called on I expect you to step up to the plate eh..

We moving nice.. Who Say Star World, Tobago Utd?

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2006, 07:51:59 AM »
Let's see where this is going.  I'm in no matter what.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2006, 07:53:01 AM »
nice idea  and response. hope it moves fwds.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2006, 07:53:41 AM »
O'connor, can you (or anybody else) give me a rundown of the Defense Force, youth and development programs. Are players now allowed to play for D'Force and not be in the Army ? How would they recruit youths for future football development if the previous answer is negative ? What are the 'professional' motivators to join this team, can they compete for talent ? oooorrr if yuh cyah go way (further education), or cyah get a better paying job cause yuh don't have the necessary education/qualification and nobody else want yuh, yuh could join up and play for D'Force, and yuh wouldn't have to drill too much..."We Need YOU" :salute:
How do they operate ?

Seperate questions . Are the players from clubs like Maple, Malvern (my time) are no good, don't they care to develop, none has the possibilty of making national teams in the future ? With large scale youth development, would the pro clubs be able to support a greater influx of youths ? or will the late bloomers have to continue leaving the shores, what happens when 8 late bloomers or scholarship are selected for the National program or will they?

The reason I am asking these questions, is so I can make an informed decision as wheter I should adopt a Pro-club or adopt a club or maybe an area, or an individual. For me not in the know, there are a lot of grey areas, an though I realize I won't be able to follow, know or help everybody...I would like if possible to help those that need it.
What ever you can tell me would be appreciated

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2006, 07:57:19 AM »
O'connor, can you (or anybody else) give me a rundown of the Defense Force, youth and development programs. Are players now allowed to play for D'Force and not be in the Army ? How would they recruit youths for future football development if the previous answer is negative ? What are the 'professional' motivators to join this team, can they compete for talent ? oooorrr if yuh cyah go way (further education), or cyah get a better paying job cause yuh don't have the necessary education/qualification and nobody else want yuh, yuh could join up and play for D'Force, and yuh wouldn't have to drill too much..."We Need YOU" :salute:
How do they operate ?

Seperate questions . Are the players from clubs like Maple, Malvern (my time) are no good, don't they care to develop, none has the possibilty of making national teams in the future ? With large scale youth development, would the pro clubs be able to support a greater influx of youths ? or will the late bloomers have to continue leaving the shores, what happens when 8 late bloomers or scholarship are selected for the National program or will they?

The reason I am asking these questions, is so I can make an informed decision as wheter I should adopt a Pro-club or adopt a club or maybe an area, or an individual. For me not in the know, there are a lot of grey areas, an though I realize I won't be able to follow, know or help everybody...I would like if possible to help those that need it.

Respect. I will try and get some info for you.. ANY ONE ELSE that know please post.

Maxg respect.!

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2006, 08:09:09 AM »
I remember that Defence Force adopt St. Francois nationals youth team to join the Pro League cause they needed a youth program to be in the pro league......
They provide them with uniforms , balls and a coach.. Barrington who use to coach Trinity.. they also leave it open for the players to join the army if they wanted

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2006, 03:30:28 PM »
Great idea. Might I also suggest that SW.net/WN try to recruit budding journalists/reporters who have the time to attend PFL games and produce detailed match reports. As all of you know, the local media's coverage of PFL games is poor to say the least. Even the official PFL website sucks. If we can develop a small network of journos to cover the games, not only would we be de facto fan clubs, but also a bone-fide news gathering organisation. If we want to attract more interest in local football, we need better media coverage and I say we should have a go at doing it ourselves rather than wait for local media and PFL to pull their fingers out of their collective asses
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2006, 03:43:50 PM »
This is a good idea. I saw a video on the plane back today were Barcelona was able to raise more funds by increasing memberships. I would not mind paying a yearly membership fee to San Juan Jabloteh. As long as the money goes to the right place.

Marc
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline Aymir

• JABLOTEH FOREVER
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Jabloteh
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2006, 03:51:47 PM »
hands down this is one of the most brilliant ideas i have ever seen placed on this board.

i think jabloteh already has a fan club they are tryin to build so it would be good for people home to get connected to that or work through their youth managers or so. jabloteh would be the best to o have this initiative with because they have already made it clear that pushing local talent is their focus.

this would be great for the other clubs too especially the ones like fire and tobago and north east.

let us not let this initiative slip away.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2006, 06:21:42 PM »
I am on board plus I am willing to offer my professional services to the WN. Gilbert I will sent you my business card.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline mr.talented

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2006, 08:15:38 PM »
there are atleast three defence force players that lime on the block down here (carenage) i could find out that possibly...

other than the great point brought up here i was wondering what  is being done to help improve players already in the league...

i think (assuming here) that most of our talents are basically raw and get 'good' in the late stages of there careers
for example what if otis had the training he gets now at a early age? and while we seem to be planning programmes for kids at all levels from early agescomming up i wonder about those already of age now say 18 - 24 who probably will the main pool of players we may be drafting from for 2010.
is anything being put in place for players at there clubs for their personal/individual development?
eg. (and i could be wrong but just an example) kerry baptiste for jabloteh i think would be a very important player all things being equal come 2010 etc...but presently i think he is a bit light to be leaning on the likes of say a joe cole or a ribery in the middle of the park...so is anything being done to focus on these players that may be the ones to carry us again to make them ready as best as possible for when 2010 and even gold cup comes around?

i think something should be looked at there...could be wrong...

"you could change your religion,your sex and everything else but not your football club"

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2006, 08:30:57 PM »
man ah mean these men may already be known

but everytime i see kendall jagdeosing play i think he is the most tustiest player in the world

but the reall gem is lester cornculrs pelitier

demanding a spot on the jabloteh line up at such a young age when fenrick aint afraid to dispose of pistol and dem sorts speaks ages
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline mr.talented

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2006, 08:43:03 PM »
man ah mean these men may already be known

but everytime i see kendall jagdeosing play i think he is the most tustiest player in the world

but the reall gem is lester cornculrs pelitier

demanding a spot on the jabloteh line up at such a young age when fenrick aint afraid to dispose of pistol and dem sorts speaks ages

that is a example of a fantastic player that i would like to hit a case of bottles in his head...that damn boy need guidance...

if he doh get he act together quick he heading to wasted talent status...

"you could change your religion,your sex and everything else but not your football club"

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2006, 06:55:54 AM »
How do they operate ?

The idea floating around here is an excellent one,having said that this idea have been around for years and have never been successfull,i remember i played for Paragon Youth team way back in 1967 when the famous POSFL it's Youth league,every team in that league Malvern,Maple,Colts etc had to have a team,it was very good a lot of talent but like everything else it did not last.

I would to state to the people who are interested in taking on such a project it requires a of time and dedication,based on what i'm seeing here it will also require finance.

Maxg i take a Little offence to what is being projected about the Army in your Post,which jobs in T&T paying better than the Army?do you know you got to have passes to get in the now?are you saying that the Army picks up the less educated?It's not all about not having to salute.

Check the history of this team and you will observe there is no team to rival their achievements past or present,every tournament,league,local or foreign they have won at some time,the amount of international players they have produced starting from Lincoln Phillips,Kelvin Berassa,Gerry Browne etc etc days,did you know Jason Scotland,Denis Lawrence,Kevin Jeffreys,Mc Farlane etc etc came from that same Army?

The Army have always been involved in the development of Youth players in the country because they was always looked upon to do so,if you look at guys like Ken Elie,Errol Mcfarlane,Nevick Denoon etc i personally had the opportunity to work with almost every Youth player in the country in my time,just to mane a few that you are familiar with Latapy,Chinapoo,Nakhid,Veron Skinner,Shaka,just call them i've worked with them,they work with various secondary schools all the time it's been going on for years,all our national teams usually have a Army Coach/trainer as part of technical staff.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2006, 10:48:09 AM »
Great ideas....

As a prelude...could someone of status...(somebody say Gilbert ?)...liaise with the PFL Admin and inform them of the prospective plans.  Just so that when men start hanging around a team and talking to people that nobody feel is some spying games going on and want to buss man head or run them from the ground and thing like that nah.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2006, 02:15:37 PM »
Finding untapped talent should begin  with knowledge of every football league in TNT outside of the pro league. Then we set up a data base with all information on league standings here on WN website. Formites can then get info and make comments, Formites in TNT will have to attend games  and post reports on players they think could make the cut. Once we get to this point we plan a WN sweat  and invite about 20 of the best untapped players along with the pro league and national  people who are responsible for selection of players, this is really to serve as as informal invitation to newly found talent.

1]; } ?>