April 26, 2024, 10:00:03 PM

Author Topic: are we Blinded by hate..  (Read 8470 times)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: are we Blinded by hate..
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2006, 02:41:08 PM »
I for one , don`t like arrogance especially when you have no right to be. THE ONLY FOOTBALL team that could be arrogant is the MIGHTY BRAZIL, but they don`t go on like they is hot shit. They let their players and the ball do they talking.

actually, Ras...you said more than that. kicker is responding to what you said in bold..he is saying that they do go on like they are hot shit and they do a lot of talking to the latin press. the only team they respect in S America is Argentina...everybody else does get looked down upon and dismissed. they have a good spirit though, and tend to blame themselves when they lose...not the ref..or the weather..etc. but they could be well arrogant when they ready...and the partof the reason why it is such a national disaster when they lose is becasue they feel they should be beating everyone all the time. But I have to hand it to them....their general charisma and cheekiness means they don't come off as obnoxious as other arrogant football nations

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2006, 03:03:00 PM »
KICKER.......my point pass over you like a corbeaux heading to the labaste

AGAIN  I was never trying to say they not cocky. When u GOOD, u usually are COCKY. ........However I was saying they are the ONLY TEAM that honestly could get away with be ARROGANT AND EGOTISTICAL as they does cut everybody tail going and coming for yearssss

So that is what I am trying to say. The fact that AMERICans are cockey when they aint do shitttttttttttt

I hear what you say bro but you said "they don't go on like they are hot sh*t".....

my point is that they actually sorta do....that's all I was saying. I didn't comment on anything else you said. But I guess that corbeaux heading to the LaBas made you a little paranoid and unneccesarily defensive.. no scene.

cheers  :beermug:

GO T&T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 03:05:38 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2006, 03:32:35 PM »
i don't think the usa football team was "arrogant" as much as "irrationally exuberant" about their chances. the press and arena seemed to be out of touch with reality. group e was the group of death - there was scant acknowledgement of this.

as to the original point, maybe all this flag waving and nationalism can be completely positive, without people fighting dong other countries, but likely not. just like the player from ghana that take out the israeli flag and wave it when he score a goal. desmond morris did alot of work on the tribalism inherent in football - it's nice to see people transcend it.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2006, 03:34:13 PM »
It is not hate................it is personal preference. As a free man born in a free world , I am entitled to have an opinion.

USA has been playing very good FOOTBALL, by them playing a good ball it makes other teams in the region better, but that does not mean I have to support them. I have no idea why all this drama occuring...........Everyone entitled to their opionion. Some have eductad opinions others are just biased.

I for one , don`t like arrogance especially when you have no right to be. THE ONLY FOOTBALL team that could be arrogant is the MIGHTY BRAZIL, but they don`t go on like they is hot shit. They let their players and the ball do they talking. MInd you I DON`T BACK BRAZIL either. They have enough fans, I like excitement so I does go with Fvaourites most of the times.

So I say USA does ball decent ball, but I STILL DOH like them and I don`t THINK I would ever back them. Thas just how it is :beermug:

I understand where you're coming from but if one chooses to listen those commentators especially the ones  who know little to nothing about the sport then you're drawn into a bias that almost compels you to hate the american team. It's a cultural thing, in baseball there is the World Series in which only American teams take part. In basketball the winning team in the NBA playoffs are world champions and so too with football. Most commentators then approach the sport from that american perspective that since the US is the richest and most powerful country every team that represents the US has to reflect that. My point is that for a lot of american soccer players that I've met this isn't their attitude.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2006, 04:49:44 PM »
It says something when humble, "naive" nice Trinidadians dislike yuh.

My point? Trinis doh jus go around disliking people juss so. We doh have a habit of putting dong other nations without a cause. To borrow a phrase from their own president, "We are peaceful, but fierce when stirred to anger."

Read some of the other posts and you will see how Trinis will congratulate England fans when we lose. The US seize every opportunity to belittle us. How can we like them or wish their program well when hat is how they treat us?
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline croc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2006, 06:15:46 PM »
Yes I understand where yuh coming from. It's like me breds I enjoy my life in Australia my children are Aussies but I am a Trini. Why should I not support Australia. T&T out now ah supporting the SOCCEROOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Respect.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2006, 07:47:51 PM »
warmonger yuh never see Bruce Arena face when the U.S. score ah goal,he have ah trade mark 'jump up off de bench with ah clenched fist raised in de air,an the full pit bull come in view', it's a sight which makes opponents say the worst about the U.S. at that point in time.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2006, 08:13:14 PM »
« Reply #27 on: Today at 03:04:35 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
People still bittah about the USA because TT still up to this day never beat them in a World Cup qualifier and we only beat them once in a meaningless friendly.

They still have it in them that USA doe care for football and is a setta men with no skills who washing TT arse proper each time we play dem.

They does still cyar understand how a "boring, robot football team" have we number at all age groups for over 16 years.....

That is why they bitter.....

They cyar get over that USA come down to POS and beat we fair and square, thats all it is, nuttin to do with politics or arrogance....cause if TT used to beat the states all we woulda say is  LET THE JACKASS BRAY.

The US is a team to respect and they will only get better.

That could be true....... but the only reason they kept beating us was that we never had a smart coach to coach against them. Lets schedule a game now with Beenhaker in charge and see how we will dismantle them.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2006, 08:38:29 PM »
« Reply #27 on: Today at 03:04:35 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
People still bittah about the USA because TT still up to this day never beat them in a World Cup qualifier and we only beat them once in a meaningless friendly.

They still have it in them that USA doe care for football and is a setta men with no skills who washing TT arse proper each time we play dem.

They does still cyar understand how a "boring, robot football team" have we number at all age groups for over 16 years.....

That is why they bitter.....

They cyar get over that USA come down to POS and beat we fair and square, thats all it is, nuttin to do with politics or arrogance....cause if TT used to beat the states all we woulda say is  LET THE JACKASS BRAY.

The US is a team to respect and they will only get better.

That could be true....... but the only reason they kept beating us was that we never had a smart coach to coach against them. Lets schedule a game now with Beenhaker in charge and see how we will dismantle them.

And we call Americans arrogant. Name a team we 'dismantle' under Beenie. steeups. T&T had a half-decent WC and we gone mad. let us get somethign straight, T&T impressed in the WC due to our work ethic, teamwork and good fortune combined with some memorable skill by a few players...AND the fact that everyone thought we were going to be absolute crap. But in actuality, we did not play a very high level of football. Except for the Paraguay 2nd half...we were second best in every game we played. If a top team played like we did, they would be branded pretty shitty...it is only because we are T&T we get props for the way we played. OK. I know I am being way too harsh and really simplifying what really happened..I was there in germany and I was never so proud to be a Trini....but this attitude that we reach and we are some bomd squad now is ridiculous. Let the football do the talking...and right now, we still have plenty to prove as a football nation before we could talk about dismantling the US or any half decent team for that matter

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2006, 09:23:14 PM »
[

And we call Americans arrogant. Name a team we 'dismantle' under Beenie. steeups. T&T had a half-decent WC and we gone mad. let us get somethign straight, T&T impressed in the WC due to our work ethic, teamwork and good fortune combined with some memorable skill by a few players...AND the fact that everyone thought we were going to be absolute crap. But in actuality, we did not play a very high level of football. Except for the Paraguay 2nd half...we were second best in every game we played. If a top team played like we did, they would be branded pretty shitty...it is only because we are T&T we get props for the way we played. OK. I know I am being way too harsh and really simplifying what really happened..I was there in germany and I was never so proud to be a Trini....but this attitude that we reach and we are some bomd squad now is ridiculous. Let the football do the talking...and right now, we still have plenty to prove as a football nation before we could talk about dismantling the US or any half decent team for that matter

To go into ah hostile Panama and win,to come from behing and give Guatemala 3,den mexico cudda get bout 5,big Mexico,to me all ah them is quality teams,far less 'half decent' and we dismantle them .Yes we still have pleanty to 'prove as a football nation' and yuh right we eh no 'bomb squad' as yuh put it but we gain respect from the US and all other Concacaf teams in we region, who use to count 3 points against we before we even play, but dat eh happening again.People cud say what dey want bout Beenie buh he bring respect to TnT football and improve it 100%.Gone are the days when people laugh at TnT team,diaz becuz of the organized brand of football we playing now,we eh no world beaters yet but we on we way .
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2006, 06:14:30 AM »
[

To go into ah hostile Panama and win,to come from behing and give Guatemala 3,den mexico cudda get bout 5,big Mexico,to me all ah them is quality teams,far less 'half decent' and we dismantle them .Yes we still have pleanty to 'prove as a football nation' and yuh right we eh no 'bomb squad' as yuh put it but we gain respect from the US and all other Concacaf teams in we region, who use to count 3 points against we before we even play, but dat eh happening again.People cud say what dey want bout Beenie buh he bring respect to TnT football and improve it 100%.Gone are the days when people laugh at TnT team,diaz becuz of the organized brand of football we playing now,we eh no world beaters yet but we on we way .

well said...I completely agree with most of what you said....BUT that was clealry not the point I made and I was not responding to that. You are jumping the gun by saying we will dismantle the US.....plain and simple. You did not say we would be competitive or they would have respect for us.....so don't sing a different song now just to win an argument. T&T at its best may beat the US, but dismantling them implies domination.....The czech republic dismantled the US. I eh know if we could talk that talk when we eh beat them in years. That is all I saying. Boss, and the three examples you gave are weak. Hostile Panama? The stands were empty and we played a B team. Mexico had already qualified and played a B team. We didn't 'dismantle' them. We outplayed them and won AT HOME which we are supposed to do. Same with Guatemala...that is the only game we could say we came close to dominating, but we missed too many chances and still conceded 2 goals and needed a goal in goal at the death when they had 10 men on the field. to win the game. I guess we have a different idea of what 'dismantle' implies

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2006, 11:26:35 AM »
Eh Kicker no scene breds, just wanted to clarify my post, not defensive  :beermug: ..

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2006, 09:04:44 AM »
warmonger yuh never see Bruce Arena face when the U.S. score ah goal,he have ah trade mark 'jump up off de bench with ah clenched fist raised in de air,an the full pit bull come in view', it's a sight which makes opponents say the worst about the U.S. at that point in time.
mi nuh watch man face brother...
warmonga..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2006, 09:51:44 AM »
Yeah, so wuh yuh does watch in yuh mirror if not ah man face.Unless warmonga is not ah man.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2006, 01:24:36 PM »
I was watching the U.S game yestreday and I realise taht there is true Football fans and then there is people who jes dont care about the game . After watchinig the U.S game I was sick to my stomach and felt pain towards the game called football(soccer) . Calls were made so badly that mexican at my job came up to me and said " Indio if those calls are ever made against Mehico there will be war in the stadium" I am not taking anything away from Ghana but abnyone who knows football and love football will know both goals Ghana scored was help by the ref.. For example de same people who was saying that the first goal Ghana scored was not a foul on de defensive player..Emagine if it was our own Birchall took that wicked knock on his knee. For those people who think the penalty was a good call.. Emagine what happen to us on Novemebr 19th 1989 when our player was brought down insinde the U.S Box and no call was made... You wont see educated football fans like TrueTrini, sentinel, Tallman,  BM talking bout those was good calls because they are true football fans..Yes they might wanted Ghana to win but emagine if those call went against Trinidad? Put yourself in america shoes.. I support U.S football for the fact that every white man black man living in america thinks Football(soccer ) is a battybwoy game. we have theese guys trying to put football on the map and we living in the U.S and still wishing to see dem flop??? If a dog play football for de U.S I will support him... What have de U.S done so bad to Trinidadians dat we hate dem dat much?? I mean we quick to big up Haiti when dem hit our yute team for 3 but yet still we can't gave de American a Bligh.
I mean everytime I see de U.S play in de world cup it hurts me , But it also a good to know  we Trinidadians actually started football in America(since that november 19th game the U.S have progress). The U.S is not our Rivals as some waggonist says. U.S always beating us how could de be our rivals?
Lest see You living in a country, you going to school in that country, you working in that country, You have Kids in that country, you have nice material things in that country..yet still you hate that country and do not want to see them progress???  someone please explain this to me.. is Trinidad de next base to recruit Alquedia members??
warmonga..
Big up de real football fans de people who actually know de game

Well said...

I too just have to shake my head sometimes when I read the amount of vitriol directed at the US Men's National Team.  As a football-loving immigrant to this country I fully recognize that the success of our beautiful game taking root in this country is inexorably tied to the success of the US Men's National Team...forget the women, win, lose or draw they'll have a following in suburbia among little white girls...the paucity of scholastic opportunities for girls interested in team sports dictates that.  The better the team does...the more interest it generates, simple. 

That aside...I support all the CONCACAF teams outside of the conference because how one team plays has a direct effect on the level of respect afforded to the conference and by extension the other teams.  It doesn't say much for CONCACAF that only one team made it out of the group stages...and now with that stunning volley from Argentina...there are now no more CONCACAF teams in the World Cup.  This is hardly the way for one to begin making the case for the conference being given a 4th spot in the finals...particularly over an African team.  It bothered me to no end that the US came "after us" and made strides above and beyond what TnT was capable of doing...and I still find it impossible to watch the MLS, that's like watching WNBA basketball to me...

That said, I still root (half-heartedly) for the US team...unless they happen to be playing my beloved and erstwhile enigmatic Soca Warriors.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2006, 01:26:42 PM »
...Buh America suffering from the general dislike that people harbour for them due to their arrogance......their over zealous raving about themselves and in general....people like to see them loose. ..........

By this reasoning many fellow West Indians should similarly be rooting agains the Soca Warriors...

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2006, 01:41:18 PM »
...Buh America suffering from the general dislike that people harbour for them due to their arrogance......their over zealous raving about themselves and in general....people like to see them loose. ..........

By this reasoning many fellow West Indians should similarly be rooting agains the Soca Warriors...
Plenty people can't see this comparison. Blinded by hate indeed.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2006, 01:43:51 PM »
Allyuh have to separate allyuh dislike for american foreign policy from the game. Most americans who love, play and support the game are more aware of the global nature of the sport and for this reason they are not as myopic in their thinking. The Bushites and the people who support the american hegemony are the ones who say that this isn't a real sport. They are the ones who seek at any given opportunity to spread their chauvinism. What people also do not do and often the lines are blurred is separate national pride from american political arrogance. Shouldn't any player representing his country feel proud and shouldn't he or she have that strength of conviction to want his or her team to be the best????

Well put...the players and people surrounding the team (about which I have a little bit of insight) are fine people and are generally humble about their status in the global football arena, and embracing of other perspectives as well.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2006, 02:04:49 PM »
It says something when humble, "naive" nice Trinidadians dislike yuh.

My point? Trinis doh jus go around disliking people juss so. We doh have a habit of putting dong other nations without a cause. To borrow a phrase from their own president, "We are peaceful, but fierce when stirred to anger."

Read some of the other posts and you will see how Trinis will congratulate England fans when we lose. The US seize every opportunity to belittle us. How can we like them or wish their program well when hat is how they treat us?

"Trinis doh jus go around disliking people juss so. We doh have a habit of putting dong other nations without a cause."  Really?  Ask some of our fellow caribbean nations about that and see what response you get.  Something that even I wasn't aware of...we rank (maybe) right behind the Jamaicans when it comes to arrogance in the region.

You also say that the US "seize every opportunity to belittle us"....I've never really seen or read anything like that....but I can only trust that you know what yuh talking about....right?  ;)

Remedy....kinda unnecessary...and unfortunate really.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 02:21:35 PM by Bake n Shark »

1]; } ?>