April 18, 2024, 10:00:39 AM

Author Topic: FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT!!!  (Read 3411 times)

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT!!!
« on: June 23, 2006, 07:24:07 AM »
To add to Oconnorg's  Adopt A Team idea....

I suggest SW.Net,Warrior Nation and other interested parties come together and plan/host a football tournament in Trinidad comprising of players(Trinbagonian heritage) from Canada,US,UK etc increasing/showcasing the (possible)selection/player pool for the national set up in all different age groups....

Greece did it in 2003 with both male and female players and it was a success for them in discovering/getting to see players ,who, with the regular national selection process would have never been seen or discovered...and who have since been given the chance be a part of the national set up in that country.

What all yuh think....

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 07:27:16 AM »
lol.. You jess make me abandon a new thread I was making..

But yes bredda this is another initiative SW.net and WN will be embarking on.. This one gonna take some planning, any thought on ideas, proceedures, etc are welcomed. !
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 07:31:29 AM »
Yes, this would be a great idea. But, the Soca Warriors fans can't do it by themselves. We would need help from the TTFF and corporate sponsors.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 07:32:09 AM »
lol.. You jess make me abandon a new thread I was making..

But yes bredda this is another initiative SW.net and WN will be embarking on.. This one gonna take some planning, any thought on ideas, proceedures, etc are welcomed. !

Anything to do with football I'm in.  I coached in Buffalo and NYC for a couple of years.  I doh have all the cred. but I know the game and I know what I am doing for the most part  :angel:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 07:36:15 AM »
ehy ehy,

lewwe get a proper sweat going fuss before we try them ting nah.....remember we hadda creep before we walk.

Plenty gum bumpers on this site, men does say Yay but in truth it does be plenty Nay.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 07:39:09 AM »
ehy ehy,

lewwe get a proper sweat going fuss before we try them ting nah.....remember we hadda creep before we walk.

Plenty gum bumpers on this site, men does say Yay but in truth it does be plenty Nay.

De games wont be for US tho.. but doh worry slowly people will be BEGGING to come to de sweats .. I will gurantee that!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 07:45:04 AM »
Yes, this would be a great idea. But, the Soca Warriors fans can't do it by themselves. We would need help from the TTFF and corporate sponsors.

i don't totally agree with de part about de help from de TTFF...de sponsors part yeah.....

reason being that de tournament that the greeks organised /held was done by independent parties(people that were linked past/present to greek football etc)...then they invited the big wigs within the football association to the tournament and the rest is history...

seeing/knowing all de drama and politics that tends to transpire with those people(talking from 1st hand experience) i think it would be wise to have limited..if any..dealings at all with the powers that be in that department...I strongly believe that the powers that be within the SW.net, WN communities are more than capable of throwing a successful tournament of this capacity.. :beermug:

#8..President Of De Glen For Goals Committee

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 08:06:07 AM »
ehy ehy,

dis have nothing to do with did post .. but yuh signature is disconserting...went to danasoft.com   :thinking:
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 08:07:41 AM »
ehy ehy,

:beermug: :beermug:
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 08:12:45 AM »
Touches, acccording to Kicker and we boy Mamoo, somebody say
SSSSSUUUUUWWWWEEAAATTTTTT

Més que un club.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 08:28:01 AM »
Most people will be heading back to Trinidad for X-mas. Let's have a fete match for all the soca warriors members at a park somewhere in Trinidad. Then we can continue to set a trend and hopefully open up some camps down there in Trinidad.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

1]; } ?>