May 01, 2024, 04:24:23 PM

Author Topic: ghana v usa  (Read 8544 times)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ghana v usa
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2006, 07:48:09 PM »
well i would say i woulda like the USA to progress to the next round just for the benefit of Concacaf even though they was arrogant and pompous before the start of the WC.
is Concacaf that going to suffer when them other federations start to lobby for the 1.5 places we currently have that we ent deserve.

so why is it most people on here backing them African side?
and dont tell me is cause they playing good football..steups

I back any African team by default. Homage to some of my fore-fathers and it's good to see African teams perform well and earn some respect. Because you have to admit that the continent is riddled with negative stereotypes.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2006, 07:49:53 PM »
well i would say i woulda like the USA to progress to the next round just for the benefit of Concacaf even though they was arrogant and pompous before the start of the WC.
is Concacaf that going to suffer when them other federations start to lobby for the 1.5 places we currently have that we ent deserve.

so why is it most people on here backing them African side?
and dont tell me is cause they playing good football..steups

I back any African team by default. Homage to some of my fore-fathers and it's good to see African teams perform well and earn some respect. Because you have to admit that the continent is riddled with negative stereotypes.

My reason lil different

Cause they're underdogs like us.......everybody likes an underdog to bring a fresh face to the tounament,,,,Especially with the early lackluster play by the footballing big powers like france, brazil etc.....
.not to mention the previous african underdogs like cameroon and nigeria played some BEAUTIFUL ball..shakes, beats etc etc

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2006, 07:51:12 PM »
usa lose because they played soccer,they did not play football.  :devil:
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2006, 07:53:30 PM »
this is what the announcer said today. " bruce areana is shaking hsi head.... well he can shake it all the wya back to the us"
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2006, 08:42:33 PM »
usa lose because they played soccer,they did not play football.  :devil:

Yo, I really think that's one of the reasons Football isn't popular in the U.S yuh know. "Soccer" is such a GAY word! I cringe everytime I hear it.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2006, 09:43:12 PM »

well done ghana show usa thier true colours  :beermug:

TrinInfinite

All the Doubtors of Ghana, where are u?
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2006, 01:42:54 AM »
I remember supporting ghana for years upon years, up to this african nations cup, man bawling nigeria and cameroon, but ghana playing better ball oui, real attacking and potent football, im happy tuh see dem finally shine on the world stage, they may also be qualifying from now on on a consistent basis. They will give brazil a run for their money, not even ivory coast playing better, next time around in the african nations cup i could see ghana winning bc of this experience.

vibes it up

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2006, 06:17:27 AM »
Ghana is the underdog and it would not hurt for them to shake up the establisment.  Plus the next WC is in Africa so it would be nice for an African team to go far in 2006

An back to the USA - it is a bit ironic that when the US shook off the reins of their colonial master, they also severed as many connections to England as possible.  Maybe this is why soccer/football, cricket never took off.  So deh had to come up withsome ting else.  Dey bit off off their nose to spite their face.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2006, 08:40:06 AM »
ghana had a very good run,defeatin 2 top seeded teams(well one atleast),but it will soon come to an abrupt end.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

1]; } ?>