April 28, 2024, 01:21:44 PM

Author Topic: Good Bye Waggonist  (Read 11112 times)

Offline naparima

• <Insert Interesting Comment Here>
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Rishi Travelogue
Re: Good Bye Waggonist
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2006, 04:30:44 AM »
ok bye, see u guys 2009  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:

bitch!! where meh drink??  :rotfl:
<Blurb> Insert Text
</Blurb>

Offline naparima

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Rishi Travelogue
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2006, 04:39:15 AM »
I Will have to be the one to disagree on this topic somewhat,simply because it's a discussion forum and everyone is entitled to there own opinions,whether you believe they're crazy,  lacking in football knowledge or don't share the same views as you do.

Remember it's unfair to judge people by your own standards and much easier to kill them with kindness,it creates a more receptive environment also allowing those who spew hate to become believers themselves eventually.

I would say most of the fans who were at the games in germany could be called fair weather fans or waggonist as you put it,but most of us no that's not true, we were certainly well represented by members of this forum in germany and even if you suspected  people were there just to say they went germany and saw the soca warriors play,well the rest of world  saw them as fans and not waggonist,which is all that matters in the end....

So very true... but fair weather or not...it took a lot to make that trek to Germany for most people... the syrians have no problem... but most other hard working folk made a commitment to get out there too. The board men represented very well and I would say that if not for this board, my experience would have been less than the BESS trip ever for me.....(copyright TI !!) and I had some BESS trips!!!

Anyway, whatever to the some of the men here who couldnt make it to Germany and wanna gripe about how others who did make, is fair weather fans. *sigh* Some people must complain about something... no matter what!!!
<Blurb> Insert Text
</Blurb>

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2006, 05:25:39 AM »
i first heard the term in a dennis brown song, 'wolves and leopards'.   it may have been coined before that.

he starts of with "too much waggonists, too much antagonists, wolves and leopards are trying to kill the sheep and the shepherds.

i guess the sheep are the team and the shepherds are the coaches and staff...

Fari you seem to know the history.
Go and put it on
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_Trinidadian_English_terms&action=edit&section=13
It is about time !
nice change to link to this forum too ;)

edit: oops I guess it is Jamaican...

DENNIS BROWN - WOLVES AND LEOPARDS 1978

Come along yeah and dig my song

Too much wagonist
Too much antagonist

Wolves and Leopards
are trying to kill the sheep and the shepards (repeat 2x)

Too much informers
Too much talebearers (repeat 2x)

Wolves and Leopards
are trying to kill the sheep and the shepards (repeat 2x)

Too much watch and peep
It's time the wolves dem leave the sheep (repeat 2x)

Wolves and Leopards
are trying to kill the sheep and the shepards (repeat 3x)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 05:43:50 AM by dutchman »
Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2006, 07:29:44 AM »
I still eh know what a waggonist is.

Am I one?  I supposed I jumped on the band wagon when I found out that T&T made the final 32.  But leh me tell yuh, I wasen bad talkin the Warriors - I supported dem win or lose.

I jump on the WC bandwagon every 4 years and on the Eurocup bandwagon two lyears later.

I like WC football and this year T&T happen to be in it - dat was the icing on the cake.

And when WC over ... I will revert to more mundane things .  but will probably continue to visit this site 'cause it is interesting.  And will continue to follow the Warriors from here as well.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2006, 07:48:42 AM »
ok bye, see u guys 2009  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:

bitch!! where meh drink??  :rotfl:

Ah eh no, ask Friday for meh half bottle ah Hennym check yuh messages

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2006, 07:55:47 AM »

Am I one?  I supposed I jumped on the band wagon when I found out that T&T made the final 32.  But leh me tell yuh, I wasen bad talkin the Warriors - I supported dem win or lose.

I jump on the WC bandwagon every 4 years and on the Eurocup bandwagon two lyears later.

I like WC football and this year T&T happen to be in it - dat was the icing on the cake.

And when WC over ... I will revert to more mundane things .  but will probably continue to visit this site 'cause it is interesting.  And will continue to follow the Warriors from here as well.

Pecan boy it had BIG bacchanal here last month in trying to define the term

here scroll through and have ah laugh.......as a preface when yuh get in yuh head that some people in here just EFFIN mental....den yuh does really appreciate and understand the site

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=15358.0
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2006, 08:02:42 AM »
I have always been a supporter Warrior/ Strike Squad  and whatever name might be conjured up in the future.

I HERE TO STAY WIN LOSE OR DRAW TNT ALL THE WAY!!!

d_#1Trinba

waggonist make d ball go round ;)
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2006, 08:07:31 AM »
respect evryone,;)

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2006, 08:19:03 AM »
buss all yuh kite

Més que un club.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2006, 09:00:13 AM »
It does not matter how long you posting or how much post yuh have... I have been here for 6 years and they have many posters who recently joined and have double the amount of psotings I have. To me a waggonists are those people who only following the soca warriors since we had a good chance of qualifying. I know fellas who used to give me a hard time, telling me "yuh still following dem fellas, you like disappointment or dem fellas aint good enough. I don't expect eveyyone who livin in T&T to be able to afford to go to all the games, but it is amazing to see, that when we were playing some games, the stands was by far more empty than full, and all of a sudden when tings looking good, yuh cyah buy tickets for the game or yuh have to sleep outside the stadium and hope to get tkts.
I know fellas who ent watch a game until the Mex game, and all of a sudden now they feel they are an authority on de game and de soca warriors. That to me is wagginists.

You ent talk you preached! :applause:

The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Reb

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2006, 10:40:34 AM »
fa·nat·ic    A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.
Nobody here like this?????  ;D  ;D

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2006, 03:48:46 PM »
Why are all the people getting bent out of shape. I am not saying that you should be on the site everyday posting. What I said was there are people who will never hit this site again until the next World Cup.

I am not attacking those who found this site when we qualified and plan to stick around contribute.

I am only highlighting those individuals who will come back in 2009.

Marc
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2006, 04:16:20 PM »
Why are all the people getting bent out of shape. I am not saying that you should be on the site everyday posting. What I said was there are people who will never hit this site again until the next World Cup.

I am not attacking those who found this site when we qualified and plan to stick around contribute.

Marc

Maybe it would have been better if instead of saying "Good Bye Waggonist" you had a poll and started a thread asking who will be sticking around the site ONE YEAR or so after this World Cup.

It would have put a more positive spin on essentially the same topic.  The Die Hard probably would have responded and the so called Waggonist may not have even known about the thread because they done riding out.

But anyway ah don't think yuh meant anything bad by it.

KEEP IN MIND THE "WAGGONIST OF TODAY" IS POTENTIALLY THE "DIE HARD OF TOMORROW" so we the "DIE HARD" need to be more welcoming :chilling: :chilling:

Offline trini_hotspur

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2006, 08:00:55 PM »
Waggonist, waggonist, waggonists, you seem to talk about this more and more. I understand a loyal supporter who goes to all the games getting screwed for a ticket for the mexico game getting pissed off. Although that is due to the poor nature of the TTFF and it's lack of a loyalty program and jack's desire to get as much money as possible. If I go to the 3rd round tie up to the semi final for spurs home and away, I will get a ticket to the final, although I can't blame a waggonist for wanting one.
    I went to germany, I followed the warriors when I was home, went to friendlies in scotland, loftus road, prague, but I'm not the biggest supporter here by a mile. Many of the trini fans at the 3 games didn't know much about football, let alone the team. even the offside rule, it was awful. The world cup isn't about football, it's about endless pointless mexican waves that disrupt the game, the idiot next to you blowing his wistle in your ear (like that woman I had to cuss up at the england game), buying a bunch of crap covered in the trinidad flag. The atmosphere is electric however, and when you sing you are supporting your team on the pitch, even if you don't know the rules.
     World cup football is an event, if you tried a wave in the prem and wore a silly hat you'd get some serious crap, so lighten up, man. It's a good time, direct your anger towards the TTFF and jack warner, we need organisation rather than chaos, cause everyone likes to back a winner.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2006, 08:18:27 PM »
« Reply #41 on: Today at 05:48:46 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marc

So this site is the ultimate measure of loyalty to Trinidad and Tobago Football?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2006, 09:23:13 PM »
« Reply #41 on: Today at 05:48:46 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marc

So this site is the ultimate measure of loyalty to Trinidad and Tobago Football?
Why do we always miss the point...He is refering to all the S**T hounds that was comming on here with nothing sensible to contribute. The ones that are not here now to partake in this thread.  If you look at the responces made so far every one has been made by someone that is genuine. Ok so some people have a problem with the word Waggonist but if you are here now(after the hype has dies down) reading and contributing he was not refering to you.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2006, 09:32:09 PM »
Anybody that HAVE TO defend themselve about being ah waggonist, IS ONE...!!!!

.....yuh must know yuh self .....
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2006, 09:54:51 PM »
Fer real,ah guess ah supporting trini football since the 80"s watching russel run tru that side and score in the stadium ,on panorama sports intro  every night for like umptine years

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2006, 10:06:26 PM »

Pecan boy it had BIG bacchanal here last month in trying to define the term

here scroll through and have ah laugh.......as a preface when yuh get in yuh head that some people in here just EFFIN mental....den yuh does really appreciate and understand the site

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=15358.0

Hmmm....  :thinking: :thinking:

4 pages and everybody talking bout how long deh here since before Christopher Columbuis land he ship in Moruga.  I only here less than 2 weeks.  Still have a long time before ah prove meh self.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2006, 10:08:01 PM »
The trick is just chill .

Offline mr.talented

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2006, 10:27:15 PM »
The trick is just chill .

brilliant...

"you could change your religion,your sex and everything else but not your football club"

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2006, 10:27:54 PM »
everybody was a waggonist at some point in their life. Unless yuh come out of the womb knowing about Steve David, Archibald and Cyd Gray, yuh had to be a "waggonist" at some stage

the important thing is how hard yuh stick to the team and its developments FROM that point, regardless if they winning or just plain struggling.

Time to kill the waggonist talk, or at least be more diplomatic to ppl who doh know anything. If they stay they stay, if they gone then is out of sight=out of mind.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline naparima

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Rishi Travelogue
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2006, 11:48:31 AM »
everybody was a waggonist at some point in their life. Unless yuh come out of the womb knowing about Steve David, Archibald and Cyd Gray, yuh had to be a "waggonist" at some stage

the important thing is how hard yuh stick to the team and its developments FROM that point, regardless if they winning or just plain struggling.

Time to kill the waggonist talk, or at least be more diplomatic to ppl who doh know anything. If they stay they stay, if they gone then is out of sight=out of mind.

could not agree more!!
<Blurb> Insert Text
</Blurb>

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2006, 07:10:22 PM »
i first heard the term in a dennis brown song, 'wolves and leopards'.   it may have been coined before that.

he starts of with "too much waggonists, too much antagonists, wolves and leopards are trying to kill the sheep and the shepherds.

i guess the sheep are the team and the shepherds are the coaches and staff...

I hear dat tune once horse!!!!!  somebody need to put up a link to dart tune , cuz it extremely wicked!!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2006, 12:35:23 PM »
Sorry, this is a bullshit post....
I dont post a hell of a lot on the football etc, and I am indeed a Waggonist, since I only found this site at the end of Bahrain game, since I didnt know about it.... but if me linking people up, meeting people and what not through Germany is a waggonist ting well then #$^@# dat... and i will just be a damn freaking waggonist.

Just cause I dont know every single thing about what going on in Trinidad football, dont mean I dont bleed red, black and white. To all the haters, who just wanna hate on Beenie, hate on Waggonist like me, etc... well I just pity allyuh.

Calling man out cause dey is waggonist is just lame...and although I wasnt singled out.... saying people like me, who didnt know about here and who wasnt here for donkey years carrying about why not Dwarika instead of Colvin Hutchinson or why trinidad dont use Chinee players instead of indian or black.....

anyway nuff rant.. i just thought this was a frigging stupid post.....back to normal anti waggonist programming.

Thanks!

You have good time to waste...now some of these cotton-head negroes want to act like they hold the franchise on supporting the Soca Warriors...

"I supporting longer"

"No, I supporting longer"

...please.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2006, 12:39:07 PM »
Being a waggonist has nothing to do with when you discovered this site
It has to do with caring about our football
If you don't follow the side at all when we are not in the WC then you really don't care that much now do you?

If you truly love something you will at least put some effort into it.
If following the team when they play (they don't play THAT often during a year) is too difficult to do then you are indeed a waggonist
I eh care who vex.

It probably means you have other interests, and dont have the time or feel the need to search the internet 24/7 for the result in the under 18 international between TnT and Montserrat. Regardless of how much posting we do, we all want TnT to win.

Warrior Nation aside (and they have done an excellent job  :applause:), we should keep in mind that posting our opinions on this site has absolutely no effect on our national teams' performances. Whether yuh post twice or two thousand times.

added to which...it's kinda stupid to insinuate "support" of the Warriors by how many times one posts about them online.  I'm sure there are myriad followers of the team in TnT who support tenfold what anyone else here can do, but who don't have dedicated internet access or the relative luxury of sitting in front of a computer terminal on a daily basis...to post about some arcane player, game or score.

Some of these "anti-waggonists" need to get a clue...if not a life.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2006, 06:34:45 PM »
Being a waggonist has nothing to do with when you discovered this site
It has to do with caring about our football
If you don't follow the side at all when we are not in the WC then you really don't care that much now do you?

If you truly love something you will at least put some effort into it.
If following the team when they play (they don't play THAT often during a year) is too difficult to do then you are indeed a waggonist
I eh care who vex.

It probably means you have other interests, and dont have the time or feel the need to search the internet 24/7 for the result in the under 18 international between TnT and Montserrat. Regardless of how much posting we do, we all want TnT to win.

Warrior Nation aside (and they have done an excellent job  :applause:), we should keep in mind that posting our opinions on this site has absolutely no effect on our national teams' performances. Whether yuh post twice or two thousand times.

added to which...it's kinda stupid to insinuate "support" of the Warriors by how many times one posts about them online.  I'm sure there are myriad followers of the team in TnT who support tenfold what anyone else here can do, but who don't have dedicated internet access or the relative luxury of sitting in front of a computer terminal on a daily basis...to post about some arcane player, game or score.

Some of these "anti-waggonists" need to get a clue...if not a life.

.ah wise man once said ....'anybody that HAVE TO to explain themselves about being a waggonist.. IS ONE!!!
....... 'yuh must know yuh self'....

:rotfl: :rotfl: cud'nt help it ..
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 06:37:30 PM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

1]; } ?>