March 29, 2024, 01:01:24 AM

Author Topic: Good Bye Waggonist  (Read 11041 times)

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Good Bye Waggonist
« on: June 22, 2006, 11:02:48 AM »
Now that T&T are headed home I would like to say thanks to the many Waggonist and people who know nothing on football in T&T and in general. Your comments at times were thoughtful and added to lively debate.

I look forward to seeing you during the following:

Gold Cup (when T&T either make it to the final or bow out early so you can bad talk the team)
Olympics (If we make it)
World Cup qualifying (When you realize that we are playing)
November 2009 (When we qualify for South Africa along with our cousins from Jamaica).

Like a Catholic priest said to his congregation in after Easter and Christmas mass: "See you next year!"
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Good Bye Waggonist
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 11:22:40 AM »
Thank you Mr. Purcell and I agree wholeheartedly
To all waggonists who have proven by their contributions that they know absolutely nothing about Trini football and it's history:

See ya later and please don't hurry back.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 11:24:38 AM »
 :rotfl:

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 11:30:40 AM »
Marc just a minor note on thing's in TNT in general, the word WAGGONIST is not of trini origin, Trini's who frequent this site know it, but not the average Trini back in TNT, I've noticed here in Toronto you ask a Jamaican and they seem to be quite comfortable with that term from long ago.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 11:35:35 AM »
i first heard the term in a dennis brown song, 'wolves and leopards'.   it may have been coined before that.

he starts of with "too much waggonists, too much antagonists, wolves and leopards are trying to kill the sheep and the shepherds.

i guess the sheep are the team and the shepherds are the coaches and staff...

Offline Yellowman

• Jr. Warrior
  • Warrior 4 Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 12:18:26 PM »
Now that T&T are headed home I would like to say thanks to the many Waggonist and people who know nothing on football in T&T and in general. Your comments at times were thoughtful and added to lively debate.

Gold Cup (when T&T either make it to the final or bow out early so you can bad talk the team)
Olympics (If we make it)
November 2009 (When we qualify for South Africa along with our cousins from Jamaica).

Like a Catholic priest said to his congregation in after Easter and Christmas mass: "See you next year!"

:rotfl: :rotfl: This is so true...

These people know who they are!!
Trinidad & Tobago in the 2006 World Cup Finals?...Impossible Is Nothing...

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 12:19:17 PM »
Did they invent just the word waggonist,or the entire concept of jumping on and off the wagon.?Bc
they use that jumping on the bandwaggon ting in canada to.
Either way ,ppl don"t break your foot jumping off ,is a long way dong   ;D

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 12:23:03 PM »
true ting, we'll see who really love football now

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 12:34:39 PM »
goodbye!!!please dont come back if u can help it

Offline naparima

• <Insert Interesting Comment Here>
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Rishi Travelogue
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 01:35:58 PM »
Sorry, this is a bullshit post....
I dont post a hell of a lot on the football etc, and I am indeed a Waggonist, since I only found this site at the end of Bahrain game, since I didnt know about it.... but if me linking people up, meeting people and what not through Germany is a waggonist ting well then #$^@# dat... and i will just be a damn freaking waggonist.

Just cause I dont know every single thing about what going on in Trinidad football, dont mean I dont bleed red, black and white. To all the haters, who just wanna hate on Beenie, hate on Waggonist like me, etc... well I just pity allyuh.

Calling man out cause dey is waggonist is just lame...and although I wasnt singled out.... saying people like me, who didnt know about here and who wasnt here for donkey years carrying about why not Dwarika instead of Colvin Hutchinson or why trinidad dont use Chinee players instead of indian or black.....

anyway nuff rant.. i just thought this was a frigging stupid post.....back to normal anti waggonist programming.

Thanks!
<Blurb> Insert Text
</Blurb>

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2006, 01:45:47 PM »
Sorry, this is a bullshit post....
I dont post a hell of a lot on the football etc, and I am indeed a Waggonist, since I only found this site at the end of Bahrain game, since I didnt know about it.... but if me linking people up, meeting people and what not through Germany is a waggonist ting well then #$^@# dat... and i will just be a damn freaking waggonist.

Just cause I dont know every single thing about what going on in Trinidad football, dont mean I dont bleed red, black and white. To all the haters, who just wanna hate on Beenie, hate on Waggonist like me, etc... well I just pity allyuh.

Calling man out cause dey is waggonist is just lame...and although I wasnt singled out.... saying people like me, who didnt know about here and who wasnt here for donkey years carrying about why not Dwarika instead of Colvin Hutchinson or why trinidad dont use Chinee players instead of indian or black.....

anyway nuff rant.. i just thought this was a frigging stupid post.....back to normal anti waggonist programming.

Thanks!

:applause:  :applause:

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2006, 01:46:00 PM »
Being a waggonist has nothing to do with when you discovered this site
It has to do with caring about our football
If you don't follow the side at all when we are not in the WC then you really don't care that much now do you?

If you truly love something you will at least put some effort into it.
If following the team when they play (they don't play THAT often during a year) is too difficult to do then you are indeed a waggonist
I eh care who vex.

Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2006, 01:55:34 PM »
If you don't follow the side at all when we are not in the WC then you really don't care that much now do you?

If following the team when they play (they don't play THAT often during a year) is too difficult to do then you are indeed a waggonist
I eh care who vex.

It probably means you have other interests, and dont have the time or feel the need to search the internet 24/7 for the result in the under 18 international between TnT and Montserrat. Regardless of how much posting we do, we all want TnT to win.

Warrior Nation aside (and they have done an excellent job  :applause:), we should keep in mind that posting our opinions on this site has absolutely no effect on our national teams' performances. Whether yuh post twice or two thousand times.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2006, 02:09:53 PM »

Olympics (If we make it)

For a man who knew about this site and take 6 odd years to make a post, that was a somewhat ironic post.

Almost everybody who I met in Germany, ddn't know about this site, but give them credit they supported, even in the bad times.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006, 02:23:09 PM »
Marc just a minor note on thing\'s in TNT in general, the word WAGGONIST is not of trini origin, Trini\'s who frequent this site know it, but not the average Trini back in TNT, I\'ve noticed here in Toronto you ask a Jamaican and they seem to be quite comfortable with that term from long ago.

buh de man never say nothing about the definition of a WAGGONIST....

he say goodbye tuh de waggonists now dat world cup over....read properly

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2006, 02:45:53 PM »
It does not matter how long you posting or how much post yuh have... I have been here for 6 years and they have many posters who recently joined and have double the amount of psotings I have. To me a waggonists are those people who only following the soca warriors since we had a good chance of qualifying. I know fellas who used to give me a hard time, telling me "yuh still following dem fellas, you like disappointment or dem fellas aint good enough. I don't expect eveyyone who livin in T&T to be able to afford to go to all the games, but it is amazing to see, that when we were playing some games, the stands was by far more empty than full, and all of a sudden when tings looking good, yuh cyah buy tickets for the game or yuh have to sleep outside the stadium and hope to get tkts.
I know fellas who ent watch a game until the Mex game, and all of a sudden now they feel they are an authority on de game and de soca warriors. That to me is wagginists.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2006, 02:56:05 PM »
It does not matter how long you posting or how much post yuh have... I have been here for 6 years and they have many posters who recently joined and have double the amount of psotings I have.

Breds de man wait 'till we qualify for the WC...and after 6 years of existence make a post...and saying "goodbye to the waggonists."

Maybe dey just like him, love ftbl but go f&*& off now dat we flop.

But samo ah know what u mean abt. Waggonists. Say what, dey exist, once ah doh have to hear dem talk shit..ah cool.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2006, 04:08:42 PM »
I Will have to be the one to disagree on this topic somewhat,simply because it's a discussion forum and everyone is entitled to there own opinions,whether you believe they're crazy,  lacking in football knowledge or don't share the same views as you do.

Remember it's unfair to judge people by your own standards and much easier to kill them with kindness,it creates a more receptive environment also allowing those who spew hate to become believers themselves eventually.

I would say most of the fans who were at the games in germany could be called fair weather fans or waggonist as you put it,but most of us no that's not true, we were certainly well represented by members of this forum in germany and even if you suspected  people were there just to say they went germany and saw the soca warriors play,well the rest of world  saw them as fans and not waggonist,which is all that matters in the end....
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 04:11:51 PM by saga pinto »

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2006, 04:11:46 PM »
give the man a break nah Vb he did start the original T&T football website....T&T Football Online. So I wouldn't say 'pot calling the kettle black' to him! I remember many a discussion on his whereabouts...then like the prodigal son...you know the story.

But one thing most of us can agree on...there definitely will not be the volume of traffic on this message borad once the cup done! We will soon see who are the waggonists and who are the die hards.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2006, 04:12:53 PM »
It does not matter how long you posting or how much post yuh have... I have been here for 6 years and they have many posters who recently joined and have double the amount of psotings I have.

Breds de man wait 'till we qualify for the WC...and after 6 years of existence make a post...and saying "goodbye to the waggonists."

Maybe dey just like him, love ftbl but go f&*& off now dat we flop.

But samo ah know what u mean abt. Waggonists. Say what, dey exist, once ah doh have to hear dem talk shit..ah cool.

Peace,
VB

Yuh could call marc many tings....but waggonist is DEFINITELY NOT one a dem.  De original T&T online football site was T&T football on line, marc's site.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2006, 04:20:30 PM »
The joke about this thread is that all the people that responded whether positive or negative, their names are all familar to me. The real Wagonists will not even be here to read this.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2006, 07:34:32 PM »
Die-hard football lovers will remain here.  Is like the natural selection process; the weak will fall by the wayside.  Lets just be happy that there is such a high level of interest in the team, and lets find a way to keep this momentum outside of the World Cup.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2006, 07:56:47 PM »
waggonist(s). PLURAL
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2006, 08:07:26 PM »
The joke about this thread is that all the people that responded whether positive or negative, their names are all familar to me. The real Wagonists will not even be here to read this.

Well lucky thing I read this den...else I would have been called a bad word.

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2006, 08:25:44 PM »

I eh care who vex.

It probably means you have other interests, and dont have the time or feel the need to search the internet 24/7 for the result in the under 18 international between TnT and Montserrat. Regardless of how much posting we do, we all want TnT to win.

Warrior Nation aside (and they have done an excellent job  :applause:), we should keep in mind that posting our opinions on this site has absolutely no effect on our national teams' performances. Whether yuh post twice or two thousand times.

i understand both sides cause yuh really cyah get some people to come out and watch trinidad matches
to get my father to go to the stadium to watch is impossible........
. first and only time i see my father cry was 1989.
now he love trinidad but he rather sit and listen to it on the radio......
he dont want to take his hard earn money and give it to TTFA ... cause only a little of it goin to the players......
when i was small i had to beg for my father to carry me to see Trinidad play......
All the Gold cup and ting.. i could never remember the stadium being empty.. so it have a lot of loyal fans in Trinidad. Some decide that they cyah take the heartbreak to come out to the stadiums and ting. Just because they supporting now don't mean they is wagonnist.
  I might not go to a match but i will still sit down and discuss T&T football.. not only the senior team but all other age groups....ask oconnorg or troypiloy....

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2006, 08:29:31 PM »
ok bye, see u guys 2009  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:

Offline mr.talented

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2006, 09:22:15 PM »
i guess everybody definition of waggonist different...

those i would call that are the ones how constantly call trinibago a goat team and when game going an play predicting 3-0 defeats and not wanting to waste there time on that but as we qualify they in a full suit of red running up and down with red rag and flag infront of crobar and other places of revelry...
*not saying real fans dont lime as i do to but i figure you all know what i mean*
i see some already take flags of their cars already...

good ridance...

"you could change your religion,your sex and everything else but not your football club"

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2006, 09:41:07 PM »

i agree with uh to..

all them jump overboard now  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline mr.talented

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2006, 09:42:55 PM »
i curious to see how the stadium go look saturday...

"you could change your religion,your sex and everything else but not your football club"

Offline marcel

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2006, 04:29:06 AM »

mister purcell,

How nice of you to say such nice things to the people who have/had interest in t&t football.

Off course you are a specialist yourself
(t&t is known for their great knowledge of football all over the world)

luckely the majority of the posters is normal
and can react normal

i hope you recover quick mister purcel

1]; } ?>