April 25, 2024, 05:31:10 AM

Author Topic: Raptors report  (Read 63193 times)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Raptors report
« on: June 23, 2006, 10:59:44 AM »
For all the fans ,well palos was right the GM Colangelo traded Arujo {hoffa} to Utah jazz for Kris Humphries,decent move.
Yesterday he traded Matt Bonner and Eric Williams for 7ft San Antonio starter Rasto Nesterovic <spurs fans is he good ?>

Today he annouced that the best GM in europe is now his assistant.

Next week is the draft,the 3 top players wants to come,they might choose the italian 7fter ,he"s good.

And free agents Sam Cassell,Jason Terry and Brevin Knight told there agents they want to come here,if possible.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 07:36:39 PM by Compre »

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
Re: Raptors report
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 11:12:51 AM »
Good News:

The # 1 Pick:
Surging Power Forward in Charlie Villenueva:
Chis Bosch Improving all the time:
Salary Cap Room to sign Players:

This is a playoff bound team fuh sure
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 01:28:18 PM »
I think gozaga"s  Morrison gonna be a wicked player,like henrich.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 05:17:36 PM »
This is a real tricky draft.  No "CAN'T MISS" prospect in dat draft.  The draft is still mostly a guessin game as are most drafts.

If Sam Cassell did say he wanted to come T Dot 2 years ago ah woulda jump at dat.  Now?  Sam still have real game eh....but I eh know.  He might be the veteran presence de team need.  Anybody know de status of Mike James?  Likely to re sign? Likely to ride out?   Allyuh want him back?

I think Mike James is a wicked player.  He might require too many touches in a sense but dem kinda players who does play wit a chip on dey shoulder every night hard to jes let go.

As fuh Nesterovich.....he might not be de Cavaliers Centre...but he big and go take pressure off of Chris Bosh.  At last...when de Raps go big on de floor...dey will actually go big.

I think we should take a chance on Jason Williams (former Duke star who buss up he leg in a motorcycle accident).  Nothing to lose really.  He go come relatively cheap and if he get back to de kinda form he had prior to de accident...VOILA!!..we have de PG we bin cravin since Damon did leave.  I eh too convinced bout Brevin Knight.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 05:21:39 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 07:23:18 PM »
I think gozaga"s Morrison gonna be a wicked player,like henrich.

Yes. it seems as if Adam Morrison is gonna rack that first pick... If the raptors looking for a talented point guard.. they can grab Rudy Gay outta Connecticut...

We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 06:59:28 AM »
I think gozaga"s Morrison gonna be a wicked player,like henrich.

Yes. it seems as if Adam Morrison is gonna rack that first pick... If the raptors looking for a talented point guard.. they can grab Rudy Gay outta Connecticut...

Adam Morrison goin to end up like Christian Laettner.  Overhyped white boy comin out of college who couldn't do shit in the bigs.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 08:44:21 AM »
For all the fans ,well palos was right the GM Colangelo traded Arujo {hoffa} to Utah jazz for Kris Humphries,decent move.
Yesterday he traded Matt Bonner and Eric Williams for 7ft San Antonio starter Rasto Nesterovic <spurs fans is he good ?>

Today he annouced that the best GM in europe is now his assistant.

Next week is the draft,the 3 top players wants to come,they might choose the italian 7fter ,he"s good.

And free agents Sam Cassell,Jason Terry and Brevin Knight told there agents they want to come here,if possible.

Dem three simply want to resurrect they careers where they know they will get consistent run....and then bolt south for more money F dem
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 11:06:32 AM »
Quote from: palos link=topic=18082.msg185541#msg185541

Adam Morrison goin to end up like Christian Laettner.  Overhyped white boy comin out of college who couldn't do shit in the bigs.

It's easy to beat up on Christian Laettner but he averaged 17 pts and 8 boards a game for his first 5 seasons and even made an all-star team before injuries derailed his career.  He was no superstar, but he was underrated because he spent his prime playing for T-wolves and Hawks teams that no one was paying any attention to.
If you look at recent drafts (with the exception of the Lebron-Melo-Wade-Bosh draft) you have to think that plenty GMs would gladly spend a top-5 pick on adam morrison if they think he could give them that kinda performance over the duration of his rookie contract.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 11:17:29 AM by daryn »

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006, 10:04:49 PM »
OK i was thinkin Bryan Colanglo loves great point guards in Pheonix eg Kidd,Marbury,Nash.There is no great
guard in the draft,so he trades the pick for a stud at the point and a lower draft pick,where he still picks
Bargnanni ,heres a clip of him.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6131822744621417810&q=bargnani

Mike James is great but he wants max money,and a clause allowing him to do extreme sports,and he"s a
shoot first guard,hopefully sign and trade.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 10:23:39 AM »
OK i was thinkin Bryan Colanglo loves great point guards in Pheonix eg Kidd,Marbury,Nash.There is no great
guard in the draft,so he trades the pick for a stud at the point and a lower draft pick,where he still picks
Bargnanni ,heres a clip of him.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6131822744621417810&q=bargnani

Mike James is great but he wants max money,and a clause allowing him to do extreme sports,and he"s a
shoot first guard,hopefully sign and trade.

Thanks Compre.....I have no problem with him asking for max money.  De team done say dey have lots of salary cap room (since tradin Jalen) and can take on a sizeable contract...plus he have chemistry with Bosh.  I didn't know bout de extreme sports angle tho.  Mike seems like a good guy but lil bit off de wall.  Oh well....daz he own bed he make dey.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2006, 03:52:54 PM »
Now dey reporting that Rudy Gay had a much better work out than Morrison with Toronto....so the finger now pointing toward the U Conn Star for the "numero uno pick"

Personally, I like them both.. The Question is who is the better fit to play with All Star Chris Bosch..?

We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2006, 04:52:01 PM »
Now dey reporting that Rudy Gay had a much better work out than Morrison with Toronto....so the finger now pointing toward the U Conn Star for the "numero uno pick"

Personally, I like them both.. The Question is who is the better fit to play with All Star Chris Bosch..?

Was watchin Raptors TV yesterday.  Showed the workouts of Gay, Foye, Morrision and Denham Brown (they all worked out together). 

Denham Brown worked out twice (once before that workout with the others but he wasn't thayt impressive so thwey ask him back again ...lucky). 

LaMarcus Aldridge worked out by himself.  Showed that workout too.

At the end of the day...Chris Bosh pushin fuh Aldridge as they know each other from before...plus the Raptors staff was very impressed with his workout.

As we all know....de GM in love with Bagnani and to be honest...he might just well be de best player CURRENTLY in dat draft.

Morrison impressed with his shooting as everyone suspected but he is also a scrappy lil player.  De buggah would do anyting to stop his man from scoring.  Never see too much of him before but he is going to be a fan favourite somewhere....maybe Toronto.

Foye and Gay were good.

Gut feeling....is between Bagnani and Aldridge as to who the Raps will take.  With yuh franchise player pushin fuh Aldridge....he might just get the nod.  I hopin dey take Bagnani.

By de way....whatever happened to dat guard who got picked last year by the Raps....but didn't sign and instead decided to stay in Europe?  Any word on him?

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2006, 05:16:03 PM »
By de way....whatever happened to dat guard who got picked last year by the Raps....but didn't sign and instead decided to stay in Europe? Any word on him?

They had drafted Roko Leni Ukic outta Croatia in a late 2nd round (These second round fellas hardly ever get sign.. unless your name was Nick Van Axel)....
I was watching NBA TV the other day and they had show him playing for one of the local teams back in Croatia....

The problem with these youth men is that there so hurry to get to the league... they end up going in the second round (and even worst un-drafted).

These guys need to stay in College or there respective leagues... build up some experience and some Credibility.. then enter in the draft.. the may not be guaranteed of playing time.. but they'll have the guranteed money...
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2006, 05:27:19 PM »
By de way....whatever happened to dat guard who got picked last year by the Raps....but didn't sign and instead decided to stay in Europe? Any word on him?

They had drafted Roko Leni Ukic outta Croatia in a late 2nd round (These second round fellas hardly ever get sign.. unless your name was Nick Van Axel)....
I was watching NBA TV the other day and they had show him playing for one of the local teams back in Croatia....

The problem with these youth men is that there so hurry to get to the league... they end up going in the second round (and even worst un-drafted).

These guys need to stay in College or there respective leagues... build up some experience and some Credibility.. then enter in the draft.. the may not be guaranteed of playing time.. but they'll have the guranteed money...

De unique thing about him was.....the Raptors if I not mistaken wanted to sign him....but he opted to stay in the European League.  From what I heard about he....he have plenty skills but maybe a bit of a head case a la Raefer.  Wondering if he still on the radar.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2006, 05:46:27 PM »

De unique thing about him was.....the Raptors if I not mistaken wanted to sign him....but he opted to stay in the European League.  From what I heard about he....he have plenty skills but maybe a bit of a head case a la Raefer.  Wondering if he still on the radar.

Ukic playing in crotia now,he suppose to be the PG of the future,last week I heard he wants out of crotia,and might be ready to play for us .Never heard that rumour tho{headcase},For his draft year he was suppose to go top ten,then he said he wanted one more year in Europe and he droped we got him at no.42,a steal migth be back this year.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 06:53:44 PM by Compre »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2006, 06:26:00 PM »
Ukic playing in crotia now,he suppose to be the PG of the future,last week I heard he wants out of crotia,and might be ready.Never heard that rumour tho,for his draft year he was suppose to go top ten,then he said he wanted one more year in Europe and he droped we got him at no.42.

No...not sign him with their first round draft pick.  After they got him with the 42nd pick, I heard they wanted to sign him (most times they ship 2nd rounders out to Europe or CBA to get some playing time and experience) but he opted to go to Europe instead. 

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2006, 06:35:44 PM »
I know ,he already is raptor property ,he wants out of europe now,check the post again.When i said
never heard the rumour i was talking about the headcase bit,sorry for the misunderstanding.
Big Dawg  where did u here the Rudy Gay rumour , that is Charlie V boy he "s a predator check him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCso8qP_Mm4&search=rudy%20gay
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 06:44:35 PM by Compre »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2006, 06:51:33 PM »
I know ,he already is raptor property ,he wants out of europe now,check the post again.When i said
never heard the rumour i was talking about the headcase bit,sorry for the misunderstanding.
Big Dawg  where did u here the Rudy Gay rumour , that is Charlie V boy he "s a predator check him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCso8qP_Mm4&search=rudy%20gay

OK...my bad.  Wha u think de Raps will do tomorrow?

I wouldn't be surprised if they TRADE DOWN and take a lesser pick... :thinking:

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2006, 07:20:07 PM »
Wha u think de Raps will do tomorrow?I wouldn't be surprised if they TRADE DOWN and take a lesser pick... :thinking:

Wheather it be Gay, Morrison or Aldridge .... The Raptors could be a playoff team... but they will have to pick up one or two of the good free agents will al the salary cap room they have available...

I still feel Morrison going number one..

either way I go be happy
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2006, 07:21:30 PM »
I think they going and take the italian,am not sure whatever bryan decides i cool with tho.Did you know,
somebody in the top 4 offered there pick ,for Charlie V so we have 2 picks .Some pp think they bigging up the italian to increase the value of the pick. tough tough too call

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2006, 07:44:52 PM »
I think they going and take the italian,am not sure whatever bryan decides i cool with tho.Did you know,
somebody in the top 4 offered there pick ,for Charlie V so we have 2 picks .Some pp think they bigging up the italian to increase the value of the pick. tough tough too call

WOW!!!  Didn't hear that.  Whoever do dat is a DEVIL because dat temptin no ass.  Give up Charlie V....take Bagnani and Aldridge or Morrison.  Dat could WUK!!!!

Holee.....

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2006, 07:55:37 PM »
Just saw this on CNNSI.com

The Raptors most likely will keep the top pick in the NBA draft, with their choices believed to be down to Italian forward Andrea Bargnani or Texas forward LaMarcus Aldridge.

"At this point, it seems to be that we are more or less locked in at the No. 1 spot," general manager Bryan Colangelo said Tuesday. "It's the day before the draft, and it appears we will utilize the pick."

Colangelo said he has taken calls from several teams since Toronto won the draft lottery.

There have been quite a few inquiries about the pick, nothing we felt was enough to change our course and use the selection," said Colangelo, whose team has the No. 1 selection for the first time. "The offers that we received were not in the caliber that we felt it required to move the pick."

Also Tuesday, the Raptors exercised their options on second-year players Charlie Villanueva and Joey Graham through the 2008-09 season.

The Raptors had until Oct. 31 to exercise those options. Colangelo has said he wants to build the team around his young core of Villanueva, Graham and Chris Bosh.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2006, 08:07:59 PM »
Yeah he had a press conferance today,saying he wants an allstar for the pick,or a star and a top ten pick.
Which he has not gotten,you can see the press con here

http://www.nba.com/raptors/

That Charlie V rumour is true eh,but i like charlie trading go be hard.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 08:09:58 PM by Compre »

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2006, 06:34:47 AM »
It ehh have no World Cup games today.... so at 7:00Pm EST I'll be in front of ESPN taking in the Draft..

Now I hearing the Italian name jumping up... they comparing him to Dirk Nowitski...
We'll be back...
I don't know when

TrinInfinite

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2006, 08:19:48 AM »
aldridge is de pick tuh take, bagnani is a wate of time, hes no dirk and i dont think he will be an impact player bc of his size, hes too skinny, aldridge has some muscle and is alot more athletic, bagnani gettin pick bc coleangelo italian also, bagnani will fit in toronto bc deres alot of italians here, schupsssssssss, aldridge 4 me

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2006, 09:18:46 AM »
Heres a clip of Alridge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2C0E2iR2Kg&search=Lamarcus%20Aldridge

Either way i never see anything thing like this up here,Charlotte wants no.1 and Alvin Williams for no.3
 and Brevin Knight.And spanish guard Jorge Garbajosa ,signing next week. only players top to bottom .
nice.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2006, 10:19:00 AM »
aldridge is de pick tuh take, bagnani is a wate of time, hes no dirk and i dont think he will be an impact player bc of his size, hes too skinny, aldridge has some muscle and is alot more athletic, bagnani gettin pick bc coleangelo italian also, bagnani will fit in toronto bc deres alot of italians here, schupsssssssss, aldridge 4 me
You've seen Bargnani play I take it?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 02:26:03 PM by palos »

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2006, 12:58:22 PM »
Listen to draft talk
  http://www.fan590.com/

TrinInfinite

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2006, 02:55:23 PM »
You've seen Bargnani play I take it?

videoclips and scouting reports, 10-15 mins of play, rohan barret is a family friend, i get all de scoops from him bc he knows all of dem scouting report

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2006, 05:58:22 PM »

1]; } ?>