March 28, 2024, 04:40:53 PM

Author Topic: Shirt Exchange !  (Read 19726 times)

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Shirt Exchange !
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2009, 01:39:08 PM »
I have noticed that Sweden had the names of both teams printed on their jerseys for they match they were playing in.  I saw another country, cant remember who had both flags under the crest.  That makes for a really nice keepsake after the game.

Probably Netherlands. They doing this for at least 5 years, with the date and flags below the crest. Friendlies too.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 01:44:07 PM by MarylandTrini »

Offline southeastPOS

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2009, 11:14:18 PM »
When i was at the Sweden game, ah friend of mine exchange he shirt whit a Swedish man, but the problem was that my friend was about 260lbs and the Swed was about 180lbs. D shirt look like a woman tank top on the man, all he had to do then is put on ah navel ring. lol :rotfl:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 12:31:05 AM by southeastPOS »
If ah make bake on top de stove they call it roasted bake.
If ah fry it they call it fry bake.
So if ah make it in the oven what they go call it bake bake?.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2009, 11:10:58 AM »
Anyone here know if our Pro Leauge players exchange shirts ?
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2009, 11:55:55 AM »
Anyone here know if our Pro Leauge players exchange shirts ?
       Exchange shirts!!!! come on Sam how these guys going to exchange shirts?players on these teams don't even want to wear their own shirts much less exchange them,those teams don't even have enough uniforms for their own teams much less to give other teams.
       A little sidenote here,i don't know who watching FSC right now but this guy who used to play for Joe Public (Richardson) playing mass with Vancouva,he really having a good game and just scored. 

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Anytime is trini time, cyah wait to buss ah lime
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2009, 12:02:02 PM »
I have noticed that Sweden had the names of both teams printed on their jerseys for they match they were playing in.  I saw another country, cant remember who had both flags under the crest.  That makes for a really nice keepsake after the game.

Probably Netherlands. They doing this for at least 5 years, with the date and flags below the crest. Friendlies too.

Atcually most of the big teams does do that.... England especially... they even did that when they played trinidad in POS, but didnt have both flags under the crest, but both manes and date and location.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2009, 01:45:07 PM »
Coops,
            I did not see the game, but that Richardson is a very good player. One of the better one to come from Guyana and PFL.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2009, 02:05:53 PM »
Coops,
            I did not see the game, but that Richardson is a very good player. One of the better one to come from Guyana and PFL.
         I did not know he moved to the MLS,i think that's impressive for a Guyanese player,they are not given much credit because of where they come from,they have to thank Jamal for giving them the exposure,the thing with this guy he is very consistent and works hard(very skillfull). 

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2009, 06:11:49 PM »
I heard there is a shortage of T&T shirts and all players are advised no more shirt exchange after games.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2009, 09:15:02 PM »
I heard there is a shortage of T&T shirts and all players are advised no more shirt exchange after games.

We've heard
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2009, 11:00:20 AM »
Um....do women exchange shirts after games too?  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2009, 11:01:29 AM »
Good question Sam.

Does anyone know if the Pro League and SSFL teams exchange shirts. ? even if its only allowed in a finals.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2009, 11:21:55 AM »
I know of one former national player who has a Zola Chelsea jersey hanging proudly in his house after playing against him!!! LOL!!! :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2015, 05:54:46 AM »
Cambridge star Tom Champion gets hold of Manchester United shirt
BY ESPN STAFF

Cambridge United's players were warned before their FA Cup clash with Manchester United that swapping shirts with one of the Premier League's finest would cost them £40.

Indeed Cambridge coach Richard Money, despite his name, said: "We're not wealthy enough to give any of our shirts away. If they give their shirt away they're going to have to replace it."

So how do you get yourself a souvenir without having to pay for it? Follow Tom Champion's lead and manage to get Michael Carrick's shirt while still wearing yours of course.

"Not one player asked me (if they could swap),'' Money said after the game. Cheeky!

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2016, 02:35:42 PM »
Ryan Giggs blasts Manchester United stars for swapping shirts after defeat
BY ARINDAM REJ, MAN UNITED CORRESPONDENT

Ryan Giggs has criticised Manchester United players for "swapping shirts and laughing" after their 4-0 hammering by Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.

United legend Giggs hit out after Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Juan Mata were pictured smiling and Anthony Martial was seen hugging France teammate N'Golo Kante at the final whistle.

The former Old Trafford assistant manager, speaking on the Premier League TV channel, said: "You can get beat in a football match, but then when you're getting beat and you're swapping shirts, that is something I don't like.

"If you get beat 4-0, you congratulate the opposition, you thank the supporters and then you get off the pitch.

"You don't stand around on the pitch swapping shirts and laughing with the team that's just beat you."

Pedro, Gary Cahill, Eden Hazard and N'Golo Kante scored as Antonio Conte's Chelsea made it a miserable return to Stamford Bridge for former Blues boss Jose Mourinho.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2016, 05:30:52 PM »
Sour grapes on Ryan's part. United was not good enough for Chelsea, yesterday. Maybe at Old Trafford. Mourinho has to figure out his best starting eleven. He eh figure that out yet. It just taking longer than usual.. The tone of the game was set in the first 30 seconds. From then on ManU was playing catch up. Yesterday just was not their day Ryan!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2016, 06:10:30 PM »
For me dahis not sour grapes. Dahis ah man who has a high level of professionalism (and who wants Mourinho's job as soon as he can get it). All that aside, I too doh feel a 4-nil loss is the occasion for a shirt swap. Shirt swap after a proper battle.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2016, 05:31:34 AM »
In fairness remember who Giggs, a man who played for a club for 23 years and I think 13 championships. Most decorated in club history.

When you watch the club that your sweat build up for all that time look that bad and the players who just suffered such a defeat smiling and giggling and exchanging shirts after the game, man must feel some bitterness.

Modern professional players I think have a different mentality. They ain't sharing bloodlines with any club team. They get paid to perform, cause if they don't perform clubs shipping them off without blinking so it works both ways. All dem fellas on both sides are mates, especially those who played together in the past and play together internationally so they don't see it as any big thing. The fans and former players like Giggs will feel it.

One could argue that players should have some kind of situational awareness in these instances particularly for the fans, they fill the seats and buy the shirts which in part pays the salaries.

Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2016, 06:13:56 AM »
So if Manu had beaten Chelsea 4-0, and they exchange jerseys, would he complain? Yes, it goes both ways. I understand how Giggs feel, but game done. Live goes on. Next friggin game. ManU, ManU, ManU !!!!! We get 4 In we arse!!!!!!!!,

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2016, 07:08:33 AM »
So if Manu had beaten Chelsea 4-0, and they exchange jerseys, would he complain? Yes, it goes both ways. I understand how Giggs feel, but game done. Live goes on. Next friggin game. ManU, ManU, ManU !!!!! We get 4 In we arse!!!!!!!!,

if Man Utd won, he wouldn't have cared.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2016, 11:54:03 AM »
I saw the shirt exchange with Ibra as the cameras were on him at the time. He and Willian embraced each other and Willian asked him for his shirt. He may have looked worse had he said no, but this is the new ear of football where players are close with each other regardless of team affiliation, I think social media has a part to play in it.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2016, 07:34:05 PM »
Most people won't have an issue if it was a good battle.
If it was a beat down, they should swap inside the dressing room or out of sight after the game.
Sometimes you do see players signal or acknowledge to each other ''dressing room".
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2016, 09:04:32 PM »
Allyuh and Ryan Giggs making a big issue of jersey exchange. Allyuh full ah shit. What the f--k, is just a jersy exchange. Guys have done worse to discredit  a team. Giggs doing like he never do an exchange.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2016, 09:21:17 PM »
Giggs needs to take a seat
for someone who played at his level he's a sore loser and apparently lost his idea of sportsmanship

If you lose, so what if you do or don't swap jerseys
Game is over. They hailing out their pardnas. Small talk n some ole talk passing.
Ya switch kits and keep it moving.

That type of thinking my Giggs real backward imo

If he questioned men professionalism cause they go into training the next session and lagging after that cut ass----well i can understand louding that up if he was on the coaching staff still to witness that.

But Giggs and most of those former  Man United former players who've gone on and taken media roles as analysts are some of the most spiteful and unprofessional out there
While their opinion can be heard, fellas like Scholes, Gary Neville and Rio to name a few, just need to take a seat n calm down

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2021, 06:28:55 AM »
Keston Julien (Sheriff Tiraspol) gets Real Madrid number four shirt from David Alaba - Sept-2021

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2021, 11:00:31 AM »
Keston Julien (Sheriff Tiraspol) gets Real Madrid number four shirt from David Alaba - Sept-2021

Nice!

1]; } ?>