April 26, 2024, 09:34:23 AM

Author Topic: Team reward  (Read 1543 times)

Offline biga84

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Team reward
« on: June 24, 2006, 07:09:09 AM »
I think this has been touched upon before but I want to ask. Why do you guys think these players should be rewarded with a million dollars and a piece of land?. When I think about it these fellas are doing a "job" and get paid for playing and got paid extra for going to the WC. I know this is the first time however what go happen in 2010 when we make it again? more money/land? and what about 2014? same?. I think they are working just like me and you on a monday-friday and are getting paid beyond what most of us make. In canada/US if you do anything special ie...gold medal all they does do is give you some plaque and say thanks for your work. This is just my view and I know other will say different which I expect and will like to hear, but I think land/a million is a bit much.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: Team reward
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 09:59:34 AM »
In one of the national newspapers yesterday the team manager stated that there was no request by any of the players for a million dollars and a piece of land. I'm not sure what should be done but there certainly should be some recognition appropriate to commemorate the historic achievement as incentive to others and to savor the milestone. But I hear yuh.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Team reward
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 10:57:48 AM »
I think this has been touched upon before but I want to ask. Why do you guys think these players should be rewarded with a million dollars and a piece of land?. When I think about it these fellas are doing a "job" and get paid for playing and got paid extra for going to the WC. I know this is the first time however what go happen in 2010 when we make it again? more money/land? and what about 2014? same?. I think they are working just like me and you on a monday-friday and are getting paid beyond what most of us make. In canada/US if you do anything special ie...gold medal all they does do is give you some plaque and say thanks for your work. This is just my view and I know other will say different which I expect and will like to hear, but I think land/a million is a bit much.

Them guys deserve a pat on the back  with the comment "good display guys you all made the country proud" in addition to what ever they were promised by warner and the government for qualifying.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>