March 28, 2024, 06:27:31 PM

Author Topic: warriors back...on tv 6 now...  (Read 4326 times)

Offline mr.talented

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
warriors back...on tv 6 now...
« on: June 22, 2006, 09:32:48 PM »
manning in ripping form... :yapping:

"you could change your religion,your sex and everything else but not your football club"

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: warriors back...on tv 6 now...
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 09:45:22 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Welcome Home
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 10:36:48 PM »
I just came back from the airport. It was truly remarkable to hear the sound of the people screaming for the warriors. I've never heard anything that loud before. The chants wouldn't cease ,even the formal ceremony was drowned out by an ocean of audible sentiment.

"Sancho ,Sancho, Sancho" we shouted in support of the dred locked defender.The horrors of Kaiserslautern errors were erased by the fantastic reception at Piarco.

Carlos' name was sung in a manner commencerate with his performance "Ole Ole Ole" substituted for "Carlos, Carlos..... Carlos". I can only Imagine how he felt

I looked up and I couldn't find Hislop moments later "We want Shaka, We want Shaka" was the cry. He appeared and the over exuberant crowd was appeased.

After the skipper introduced all the players including Silvio Spann the PM spoke. Even he wasn't that bad -he understood that the night was for the warriors and no politics to corrupt the pure stream of joy that football brought to the nation.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Home
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 10:39:18 PM »
Very nice Jah Gol....glad yuh went. This is the kind of atmosphere I wanted dem to come home to. I hear there will be a motorcade on Saturday?

I only wish I were there too

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 10:58:18 PM »
Sweet, soundin like when we came back from Bahrain!

Offline SweetParkie

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 11:07:58 PM »
Sounds exciting man...wish I was there to see it. I guess I will have to wait for the pictures on Express online.

Carlos and Yorke on fifaworld cup website for most successful tackles so far in the 1st rounds! Congrats!!!

Shaka!!! You're teh man!

Sancho...this Trinity girl admire you still!

All the best guys...
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy!

Trinidadians unite and respect each other!!!

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 06:39:55 AM »
ah sit down and watch dem boys on meh tv....ah had ah choice ah 4 stations to choose from...cable nicee...fuh now...ah cry when d anthem sing...ah clap when ah see d boys and ah real laugh when yorkei introduce latapy twice cause ' he so in love with this guy'....

dey was real tired..yuh coulda see it...but they take the 'brief' ( minimum 2hrs) ceremony at the airport....

nice to have dem back...but here i go with d lil criticism...

they started in the VIP lounge area and move to the atrium ah the airport for the 'official' part ah the proceedings....

the dignataries were seated first..making way for the grand entrance ah the team to the public....

so we have Kamala P. Mr and Mrs Manning, Roger Boynes, Joan Yuille Wlliams etc etc (yuh get meh jist) line up to great the boys on d stage one by one...

lead by Dwight Yorke....he walk on d stage and in a manner befitting a professional athlete returning from national duty proceeded to shake everyones hand....

WE THEN HAD A PROCESSION OF ALL THE REMANINING PLAYERS AND TEAM STAFF COME ON  THE STAGE ONE BY ONE...IGNORE EVERYONE STANDING THERE...WALK SRAIGHT PAST SOME AH THE EXTENDED HANDS (some with dey lil bounce in dey step) AND JUST SIT DOWN....braddangggg

bringing up the rear was non other than RUSSELL LATAPY....who of course proceeded to shake everyones hand and make his way to his seat.....

when i glance across in the corner now...what ah go see all d fellas sit down like dey in front dey tv...rock back...slide down in dey chair...

now ah like meh fellas...ah know dey tired...but come nah man....

on ah further note after all ah  that.....AH WANTED TO JUMP THRU THAT TV AND HUG UP MEH BOY SANCHO...

d man look lil down and skeptical about meeting d public (every though he get ah hearty welcome)...he was the last to come out ah the VIP room cause they were seemingly coaxing him....

so ah say meh piece...fuh now...but odder than that...ah glad dey home...glad dey get ah massive welcome....
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 08:11:02 AM »
I hear they pass through 51 last night after the airport.  No big reception or anything they just stay low key in the VIP as they was exhausted.   They had nuff woman hanging all over them of course.  Anybody pass through 51 last night?

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 08:15:22 AM »
I hear they pass through 51 last night after the airport. No big reception or anything they just stay low key in the VIP as they was exhausted. They had nuff woman hanging all over them of course. Anybody pass through 51 last night?

schups....no wonder yorkie was only saying how he keepin it brief ( and d team wanted a brief reception) cause the fellas real tired after such a long journey....ah didn't bother to pass in cause d 51 carpark was pretty dead for a thursday and that was after midnite....ah wasn't even hearing d music which not a normal thing....
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 08:17:29 AM by kandi_tt »

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
They couldn't wait!
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 08:57:51 AM »
I went to 51 last night and no sooner than the warriors come off the plane I see Stern, Shaka, Avery and we captain Yorke in the dance well liking they self.
Watch meh before he even pass the cashier properly all I see was teeth coming through the door fuss Yorke smiling.

They do it wet to in the dance. Spend a piece ah dey bonus. Is 2 bottle ah Alize, 2 bottle ah champagne by bottle ah Johnny and endless hoes.

Més que un club.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: They couldn't wait!
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 09:05:05 AM »
Disgruntled did you go and give Stern yuh warmest regards?  ;D

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2006, 09:17:48 AM »
Trinis will be trinis yes.. :devil: :devil:

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2006, 09:39:47 AM »
Wam to you boy....6 weeks dem men in ah hotel..eatin pelau and schnitzel...workin on ah global stage in during de day..3 months .riding bicycle with hard seat up and dong de road

Now de men an dem home

GUNZ HAVE TO BUSS!!!
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2006, 09:53:52 AM »
but wha d hell....

check meh post on that...

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=18051.0

was all ah ploy to go lime....they coulda at least show ah lil respect man....ah lil etiquette

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2006, 10:59:21 AM »
Good for dem, they deserve to brush anything that look at dem and drink till they cant move.  All them months ah sacrifice.   please

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2006, 11:10:07 AM »
So wait nah, dem fellahs eh suppose to lime.  What they suppose to do, stay home and cry that they got knocked out of the world cup.
This is ah question to de foreign base men..what is the first you do when you reach home?

Me eh blame dem fellahs for liming....

Eat ah food.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2006, 11:24:52 AM »
CHEERS, AN WELL CUM HOME.

MickeyRat

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2006, 12:21:40 PM »
CHEERS, AN WELL CUM HOME.

Literally…
Plenty woman get ben-up last night!

Offline saucy

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Soca Warriors return home
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2006, 02:11:48 PM »

As a warrior fan i think that our squad should have been awarded with more than a celebration.  Mr Manning should have given them a house each.  Money is spent on many things in this country and i think that everyone would agree.  Business men could come together and gave them something good. All the support they supporting them they ever thought of that? Come on we deserve it.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Soca Warriors return home
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2006, 02:19:27 PM »
I think their additional compensation is still being decided upon. I think Dwight Yorke had requested/proposed an award of $1M each and a plot of land.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2006, 02:24:23 PM »
So wait nah, dem fellahs eh suppose to lime.  What they suppose to do, stay home and cry that they got knocked out of the world cup.
This is ah question to de foreign base men..what is the first you do when you reach home?

Me eh blame dem fellahs for liming....

Eat ah food.

Ent!
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

1]; } ?>