April 19, 2024, 02:12:27 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Paraguay game.  (Read 88098 times)

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Paraguay game.
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2006, 05:22:34 PM »
I agree that TnT absolutely MUST attack. We all see how tight their defense is they just need to work towards getting a win and not a draw. I really believe they can do it.

I don't think it's Stern John they need to get off. It's that damn Beenhakkar. From the start it seemed to me that he isn't fully behind the team. First match he claimed that although Trinidad didn't have as much talent as Sweden they worked really hard. Second match, he claimed that they worked hard to keep the English at bay but in the end England deserved to win. That certainly pissed me off. It is a level playing field now. EVERYONE has qualified for the world cup, have they not? So WTF does he mean by TnT not having as much talent? I blame his attitude fully for the performance of the Warriors. You could just feel the intimidation as they played against England. There simply was no such thing as Trinidad being on the offence. it seemed to me that they were aiming for a draw not a win in that game. Obviously, if their coach has no faith in their talent, then the chances of winning is greatly reduced.

Oh gawd ... we eh pick on Beenie enough in the last 24 hours? 

Well i din know. I now come.

some ppl cant keep their damn mouth shut abt Beenie... u feel the man wanted to lose???ya'll forget the man get us into the WC or what?

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2006, 05:27:00 PM »
I agree that TnT absolutely MUST attack. We all see how tight their defense is they just need to work towards getting a win and not a draw. I really believe they can do it.

I don't think it's Stern John they need to get off. It's that damn Beenhakkar. From the start it seemed to me that he isn't fully behind the team. First match he claimed that although Trinidad didn't have as much talent as Sweden they worked really hard. Second match, he claimed that they worked hard to keep the English at bay but in the end England deserved to win. That certainly pissed me off. It is a level playing field now. EVERYONE has qualified for the world cup, have they not? So WTF does he mean by TnT not having as much talent? I blame his attitude fully for the performance of the Warriors. You could just feel the intimidation as they played against England. There simply was no such thing as Trinidad being on the offence. it seemed to me that they were aiming for a draw not a win in that game. Obviously, if their coach has no faith in their talent, then the chances of winning is greatly reduced.

Oh gawd ... we eh pick on Beenie enough in the last 24 hours? 

Well i din know. I now come.

Awright -- I shouda see dat was yuh 1st post ... Welcome bredda  :cheers:
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline nomad warrior

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2006, 05:49:37 PM »
my friend pointed out an interesting but disturbing scenario to me:

let's say England beats Sweden 2-0....and we beat Paraguay 1-0

T&T and Sweden will be tied for goals scored and conceded...and the only way they decide who advance is by drawing from a lot (e.g. coin toss)... :cursing: :bs:

that is a real cheap and unfair way to decide who goes thru

before it goes to lots....I think it goes to who score the more goals....so if T&T score 2-0 and England score 1-0 over Sweden....goal difference on 0 for both teams.... then T&T go through by scoring 2 goals and the Swedes only score 1 in the tournament. can anyone confirm if this is right?

Offline Viperist

• New Warrior
  • Live by the Gunners Die by the Gunners!!!
    • View Profile
4-4-2 is my pick for the paraguay match!!!
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2006, 06:44:55 PM »
starting with stern and jones up front. i'm very sceptical about stern but never the less.
midfield  :-  dwighty,carlos,whitley,birchall  and defence :- avery, cyd, dennis,brent
and not to mention shaka...............shaka shaka tell them if they lash my brother tell them tell them ,they have to hit all ah we......for we are one family!!!!!....Bally!!
By de Viperist!!

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
Re: 4-4-2 is my pick for the paraguay match!!!
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2006, 06:55:31 PM »
PADNAH
DAZ DE SAME EXACT TEAM DAT PLAY ENGLAND!
WE PLAYED A 4-4-2 FOR ENGLAND...IT IS TOOOOO DEFENSIVE...IF WE WANT TO COME AWAY WIT A DESCENT WIN!

YOU IS A JOKEY MAN OUI :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Viperist

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2006, 07:02:14 PM »
partner i dunno what game you was watching but i clearly remembered a 4-5-1 on the field that day . for your info a 4-4-2 cud never be defensive, that is text book formation so go back to Bertille and do your homework!!! Jokey man please!!!
By de Viperist!!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2006, 07:28:10 PM »
partner i dunno what game you was watching but i clearly remembered a 4-5-1 on the field that day . for your info a 4-4-2 cud never be defensive, that is text book formation so go back to Bertille and do your homework!!! Jokey man please!!!

4-4-2 can be either defensive or attacking...but it is closer to a defensive formation.......with a side like ours
like u ent watch de england match
u ent see Jones started alongside Stern orwat???
steups
jokey man oui!

dis is what our formation was based on in the England game son

SHAKA
          Edwards            Sancho              Tallest            Gray

Theobald                Birchall    Yorke             Whitley

Jones     john
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 07:32:47 PM by Warrior till death »

Offline Foreigner

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2006, 07:34:05 PM »
O.K.  But Stern must be in the mix for us to have success.  I too was skeptical after reading all the posts against him and viewing his lack of running to help on defence.  But realize that Stern have no business going back to help on defense since he must always hold his post/position at the head of our attacking formation or else we have no one to dump the ball to up from.  Also, that man is a master of becoming one with that ball once it lands anywhere near him. He is one of the best with his back to the goal while collecting a pass.  I really believe the man concept of his role is so advance and ON that we will only appreciate him when he is gone.  The only players I can remember playing like Stern John up front, is GERD MULLER (sp) for Germany years ago and maybe Mario Kempes for argentina some years ago too. With a creative attacking midfield, Stern John is just deadly.  Half of the goals he missess those other men would not even have made them into a half a chance for T&T.  Just my 2 cents on Stern. 8) :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Viperist

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2006, 07:34:18 PM »
yo that does not say boo did you notice that befre the game started that the formations was up on the screen, jones was on the field yes but not in the number two postion as you claim. if you want a copy of the match i can send it for you to see AgAIN. beenie without there to get a draw and he played 4-5-1. believe it or not jones was in midfield but he position is striker. point out one opportunity that jones made in the match!!!
By de Viperist!!

Offline Viperist

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2006, 07:43:22 PM »
yo stern john is a box player. what crap you come and saying that he can become one with the ball. hear this morpheus the only thing stern need to become one with is a pack of breeze de man need a good bath he jus does not perform like a striker. all this magical positons the man does be doing says nothing, he lacks control of his touchs on the ball and he needs to look around for his team mates   ,Glenn is de man bring on samuels and give jones a chance to start.
By de Viperist!!

Offline Viperist

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2006, 07:58:56 PM »
my world cup favourite .........czech rep. ..............koller, rosicky, borowski come man no chance for argentina or brazil this wc.
By de Viperist!!

Offline ZionYouth

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2006, 08:29:39 PM »
Just heard that Zlatan Ibrahimovic might miss Sweden's next game, he's injured.
nice tuh here :o

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2006, 08:34:24 PM »
I don't know, but whoever the two strikers are needs to play closer together. Cause the distant they playing apart makes them to ineffective. Give the defense something to think about with runs.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2006, 08:36:45 PM »
yo that does not say boo did you notice that befre the game started that the formations was up on the screen, jones was on the field yes but not in the number two postion as you claim. if you want a copy of the match i can send it for you to see AgAIN. beenie without there to get a draw and he played 4-5-1. believe it or not jones was in midfield but he position is striker. point out one opportunity that jones made in the match!!!

Jones position was a striker alongside Stern
i dunno if kno bout football but
yuh cant expect everyone to keep there positions...there not robots!
of course Jones had to fall back to support at times...but it was still a 4-4-2 formation...we were just playing with a defensive counter attacking tactic
thaz why it would seem there was only only striker...even Stern was falling back to support defence..so i guess we were playing a 4-6-0 eent  ::)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2006, 08:43:55 PM »
WE NEED AN ATTACKING SIDE!

SHAKA
       GRAY         DOG/SANCHO        TALLEST          JOHN

YORKE  (LATAS 70)                 

EDWARDS                                                          SAMUEL
                              JONES            SCOTLAND

GLENN

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2006, 08:49:12 PM »

Jones position was a striker alongside Stern
i dunno if kno bout football but
yuh cant expect everyone to keep there positions...there not robots!
of course Jones had to fall back to support at times...but it was still a 4-4-2 formation...we were just playing with a defensive counter attacking tactic
thaz why it would seem there was only only striker...even Stern was falling back to support defence..so i guess we were playing a 4-6-0 eent  ::)
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Foreigner

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2006, 08:59:53 PM »
Friend.. You miss my point.  You ever wonder why Stern always have twice or three times the clear chances our other strikers have?  You think the ball simply finds him by chance or that he stumbles onto the scene accidentally.  Stern John is a class striker and knows his role to at "T".

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2006, 09:03:08 PM »
WE NEED AN ATTACKING SIDE!

SHAKA
       GRAY         DOG/SANCHO        TALLEST          JOHN

YORKE  (LATAS 70)                 

EDWARDS                                                          SAMUEL
                              JONES            SCOTLAND

GLENN

is there anyone left on de bench because like yuh empty it dey and put every attacking option we have on de field... pro attack.....
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline socachynee

• Sr. Warrior
  • goals win games
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2006, 09:04:56 PM »
 :praying:  with all the positive vibes the WN can put together who knows maybe dem REF go give we a few calls in our favour.  

Our team has done us proud in both Sweden and England game, I had a smile from ears to ears.   ;D
Like everyboady else it was heart wrenching to lose the England game...

Like the others say it is time we attack, counter attack and go for all the marbles.  It is time to play for keeps not for bowkee as we use to in primary school ENT...

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2006, 09:14:40 PM »
Poland and Costa Rica - gone
Ivory Coast and S&M - gone
Angola - gone

T&T  - still alive - -keep praying :nailbiting: :praying:
usa goin tomorrow :P
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2006, 10:07:53 PM »
trus mi .. this game will be fya works. People mad with Benhakker defensive strategy but he had a plan a.. His plan was to Tie wid England and sweeden and go all out on Paraguay. This game we will have Glen..Stern..Latas..Samuel..scotland
Jones running ball is trouble for Paraguay... Yu Think sey the Mexico game at home was TNT best ever you aint see  nothin yet ..Trus mi.. is an all out attack against Paraguay..
war..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2006, 12:44:40 AM »
my lineup

Shaka / Jack(would like him to get a sweat)

John                      Sancho/Andrews              Lawrence                           Gray

Edwards                 Yorke                             Birchall                              Whitley
                            Glen                               John

Glen will start this game no doubt, he might be a lil selfish, but he still cause them defenders some therapy with his speed and beadsing.   Latas HAVE to get a sweat, and prolly Wise too.   But thas just my opinion....It's up to Don Leo...SOCA WARRIOR FUH LIFE!!!!!!

Offline killadrilla

• Jr. Warrior
  • King Thierry
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2006, 03:42:20 AM »
anybody know if this showing live in the UK? I just look at the schedule, and since both matches are at the same time, they showing the only england vs. swden on itv1!!!! I not sure what going on, but i have to see that match live!!!

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2006, 03:48:37 AM »
anybody know if this showing live in the UK? I just look at the schedule, and since both matches are at the same time, they showing the only england vs. swden on itv1!!!! I not sure what going on, but i have to see that match live!!!
of course in England they will be showing the game

Offline broko

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2006, 05:42:20 AM »
                                                                                           Doh worry Killa, it showing on ITV4, Channel 120 on Sky.

Offline rainman_tt

• Trinity, Man U, and The Soca Warriors Forever
  • New Warrior
  • Just like the Soca Warriors rose, so will Trinity
    • View Profile
Warriors, attack with full force versus Paraguay
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2006, 07:35:32 AM »
Warriors all the way!  Good to hear that Jack and Marvin are training again.  Thanks to Shaka for two great games.  Stern tried, but did not produce his usual goods.  Smetimes we need to try new things.   We can get to the 2nd round, but need to change the focus to attack.  After serious consideration of our roster, I believe that the following combination can achieve at least a 2-0 victory, and it will mean a 3-5-2 formation:

Jack in Goal
Sancho, Andrews and Lawrence in defence
Edwards at right wing half, Birchall at inside right midfield, Latapy at center midfield, Whittley at inside left midfield, Samuel at left wing half
Yorke and Jones as strikers

Subs, from: Glen, Scotland, Avery John, Cyd Grey, Stern John, and Shaka Hislop

Latapy is the key to thread the passes, in midfield, with Edwards and Samuel running down the wings.  The experience of Yorke in front can do it for us.   We have two very fast strikers in Glen and Scotland that can be used fron around the 60th minute, to continue the relentless pressure on the Paraguayans.  Come on Beenie, lets try Latas, this is his last game,  he will put out everything he has learnt as our midfield general.  Let him weave the magic once more.

Lets rain goals on Paraguay!
Dhanesh Kumar - Global Talk Calling Centre and Cyber Cafe, 25BNorfolk St. Belmont

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2006, 07:42:14 AM »
Poland and Costa Rica - gone
Ivory Coast and S&M - gone
Angola - gone

T&T  - still alive - -keep praying :nailbiting: :praying:
usa goin tomorrow :P

ah thin yoh right about USA ..
I was wrong .. Angola still alive ..if Portugal lose today ..an dey way dey playing??? 0-0 well into the first half with Iran
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2006, 08:32:22 AM »
                                        SHAKA

SANCHO                               TALLEST

EDWARDS                                                                        GRAY

BIRCHALL                              WHITLEY

YORKE                                  SAMUELS

JONES                                    JOHN

I have a feeling this is what our lineup would look like and seems like the most effective to me with jones being replaced by glenn at the start of the 2nd half and yorke with latapy once we have the lead by the 60th minute or so... to add some attacking pressure on paraguay if we're not getting in enough support from the left samuels can be replaced by wise... hopefully we wont have to go all out defense at any part of the game and also whitley and birchall work really hard both defensively and offensively as the efficiency of our midfield dominance and also our retaining and use of possession would rest in their hands mostly... good luck guys!!! :beermug:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 08:02:20 PM by The_Ice »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2006, 08:40:08 AM »
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/060616/7/7ppc.html

Brushing aside questions about his future, Ruiz said none of his players had any reason for recriminations following narrow single-goal losses to England and Sweden in their Group B games.

"We will do our best in the final game and there is no chance of me putting out a team with reserve players," said the Paraguay coach. "We need to leave with our heads held high.

Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Ama

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trinbago Pics
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2006, 08:44:13 AM »
We were there for you right from the start, Win, Lose or draw you have our support.
You have made a nation proud.
You have united a nation
You have stood the test of time
You have and is showing the world what Trinidad and Tobago can endure and what we stand for.
You are Soca Warriors and We are Soca Warriors Supporters
You took our Country to the big stage, as we show the world that we are more than Soca Warriors,
We are Trinidadians and Tobagonians, and we will beat Paraguay. Licks like Fire, Licks Like Peas, We are the best in the West Indies.

Oh Yeah!!
AmaWarriorFan

1]; } ?>