April 19, 2024, 10:50:35 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Paraguay game.  (Read 88094 times)

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Paraguay game.
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2006, 10:18:17 AM »
We suppose tuh be going on some serious attacks fuh dat game, all ah have tuh say is Latapy, Latapy and more Latapy. Ah don't care if he start or come on fuh 30 mins in de second half. BLESS WARRIORS.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 4-4-2 is my pick for the paraguay match!!!
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2006, 10:20:33 AM »
PADNAH
DAZ DE SAME EXACT TEAM DAT PLAY ENGLAND!
WE PLAYED A 4-4-2 FOR ENGLAND...IT IS TOOOOO DEFENSIVE...IF WE WANT TO COME AWAY WIT A DESCENT WIN!

YOU IS A JOKEY MAN OUI :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

that quote was in referance to some one's midfield pick
i'd just like to point out that theo's name isnt there so thats a big difference if you ask me

Offline Rani5

• Soca Warriors!: Going for Gold
  • New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2006, 12:45:39 PM »
 ??? im sorry if its been asked already! but what colours we playin in? white shirts and black pants?
*Necessity is the Mother of Invention*

Offline shivadee

• Full Warrior
  • There is only ONE number 7. And its worn in Trini
    • View Profile
Ibrahimovic injured
« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2006, 12:56:03 PM »
 http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Soccer/WorldCup/News/2006/06/17/1638225-ap.html

Ibrahimovic likely to miss England match because of groin injury
By STEPHAN NASSTROM
Sat, June 17, 2006   

BREMEN, Germany (AP) - Barring an unlikely recovery, striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic will miss Sweden's last Group B match against England, team doctor Magnus Forssblad said Saturday.

"Our goal is to have him fit for the next match, he will probably not play against England," Forssblad said.

Sweden needs at least a draw against England in Cologne on Tuesday to ensure it advances to the second round.

"We did an MRI (scan) yesterday because he has some pain in his left groin," Forssblad said. "The MRI revealed a small partial muscle rupture in one of the small muscles in the groin. But he feels much better today.

"We decided to do rehab training today and tomorrow and on Tuesday we will see if we can increase training for him."

Ibrahimovic was injured during warmup before Sweden's 1-0 win Thursday over Paraguay in Berlin. The Juventus striker left the pitch at half time and was replaced by Marcus Allback, who set up Fredrik Ljungberg's game-winner in the 89th minute.

Ibrahimovic had groin problems for several spells during his last season with Ajax and was finally operated on in January 2004. He came back in March that year. But his groin problems continued that spring and he complained about it after a friendly against Portugal in late April.

Ibrahimovic had groin problems for several spells during his last season with Ajax and was finally operated in January 2004. But has had had ongoing problems since then.

The Swedes have not lost to England since 1968, although there's less pressure on the English in next Tuesday's match because they've already qualified for the second round .

Sweden coach Lars Lagerback has not revealed his starting 11 for the England match. But it's likely that Allback will be a starter up front alongside veteran Henrik Larsson.

"You always want all players on the squad to be fit," Lagerback said. "Zlatan has been a very important player for us, but that's how it is in football. You just have to accept that if you can't play, you can't play. We have other players."

The 24-year-Ibrahimovic had a disappointing first half against Paraguay, looking slow and often mistiming the ball.

He now has played 308 minutes without scoring a goal for the national team.

His goalscoring drought in international soccer comes after he scored only seven goals in his second season for Juventus - less than half his haul in his rookie season in Italy's Serie A.

"Of course we don't have another player kike Zlatan," Lagerback said. "He has his own style and qualities. But I think we have good players on the squad who can replace him if necessary. Now we only have 22 players, but it's enough for a starting 11.

While Ibrahimovic headed to the swimming pool for rehab, the other players on the squad had the day off. The squad will have a closed training session on Sunday before departing for Cologne on Tuesday.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 4-4-2 is my pick for the paraguay match!!!
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2006, 12:58:57 PM »
my world cup favourite .........czech rep. ..............koller, rosicky, borowski come man no chance for argentina or brazil this wc.

Tell dat tuh Ghana  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug::rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline shivadee

• Full Warrior
  • There is only ONE number 7. And its worn in Trini
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2006, 01:00:31 PM »
Last time we was in White and we back was to the wall...yuh know what happen. We are getting into the second round.

Offline cascabel

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2006, 09:19:03 PM »
It's official:  Gray will be out for at least a week due to a partial torn ligament in his upper leg so he will not play against Paraguay.   It's not do or die, it's decimate or die because if there are two contenders for the runner-up position, each team's goals (scored and conceded) are counted and the team with the better results moves forward.  So the Warriors need a sharp attacking strategy and all our prayers. 

Huge big up from the Cayman Islands!!  :beermug: !

Offline browneyed warrior

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2006, 09:56:21 PM »
Hey have a question for rainman tt ..... u suggested that Jack be put in the post but do you really think that we shd take that chance considering that he was injured and may not be up to maximum and also Shaka been performing and has the experience of 2 WC 06 games .... should we chance it? ....jus asking  ???

Offline guerrier rouge

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2006, 11:04:06 PM »
would anyone be surprised if both France and Brazil lose tomorrow!! :devil: :devil: :devil: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ibrahimovic injured
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2006, 02:39:26 AM »
Might not bother the sweeds too much.
I don't know if you noticed.
After Zlatan had left the other sweeds were playing faster and better.
It just looked more a team without him, anyone else noticed that ?
Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline killadrilla

• Jr. Warrior
  • King Thierry
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2006, 03:34:12 AM »
Mark this in yuh calendar - June 24th 4pm (UK time) T&T vs. Ecuador/Germany

We could beat Ecuador...we going to the quarterfinals!!!

Offline killadrilla

• Jr. Warrior
  • King Thierry
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2006, 03:35:09 AM »

in the quarters of course we will meet argentina....

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2006, 04:29:10 AM »

in the quarters of course we will meet argentina....
I like that
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline bratachdubh

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2006, 05:28:16 AM »
http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/sport/football/tm_objectid=17249832%26method=full%26siteid=64736%26headline=i%2dwant%2dto%2dscore%2dand%2dbe%2dpart%2dof%2dtrinidad%2dhistory%2d-name_page.html

18 June 2006
I WANT TO SCORE AND BE PART OF TRINIDAD HISTORY
world cup
Jason Scotland

FROM the moment we qualified for Germany right up until the heartbreaking defeat by England on Thursday this World Cup has been a fantastic adventure. It has been a mixture of emotions and a new experience for every member of our squad in what is Trinidad and Tobago's first taste of the big time.

I'm loving every minute in Germany but one thing is still missing - the chance to actually play. With one group game left against Paraguay on Tuesday I hope to finally get the chance to show I can perform on the biggest stage of all. I've enjoyed the exposure, the fans and just being part of a tournament like this. But I'm a footballer and I want to play games. Getting to the World Cupwas a great achievement for the country and to make the squad was fantastic on a personal level. However, you don't want to rest on that. You want real action.

Last weekend the team for the Sweden game was read out just after lunch. I was disappointed not to hear my name but to be honest I didn't think I'd start. It was the same for the England match after the lads did so well to hold the Swedes to a draw with 10 men. However, after scoring some goals in the warm-up games I thought I might have come on against Sweden and England. But the final decision rests with the gaffer Leo Beenhakker (below). He picks the team and decides what is best for the country.

When you don't feature it is always disappointing but what can you do? I'm not going to bang on the manager's door - all I can do is play better in training. I have to admit I haven't been turning on the style on the training pitch. I've been sluggish at times and have had to say to myself: "Come on Jason, this is the World Cup for God's sake!" I don't know why I've been like that. There have been times I haven't done myself justice and been a little slack. But I'm only human and everyone has off days. I just wish they weren't happening here in Germany.

I have to pick myself up for the Paraguay game. We need a goal and I want to be the man who claims Trinidad's first strike at the World Cup. Anyway, I can't complain about not featuring because the lads have been superb in the first two matches. Losing the game so late on against England was a blow and I desperately wanted to feature in that match. Almost everyone in Scotland wanted us to get one over on England and it meant a lot to the Scottish people.

I was sent out to warm up a few times and thought: "This could be it." But the shout never came. You're always looking across at the coach, hoping to get the nod. Every substitute always thinks they can do better. If a chance is wasted you say to yourself: "I'd have scored that." On Thursday, Cornell Glenn and Evans Wise were the lucky ones who got off the bench. I must look to the future and nothing less than a win in Kaiserslautern on Tuesday will do us. That could work in my favour as the gaffer might need more firepower.

I'm not sure he will change things up front because the strikers haven't done much wrong. So any involvement for me would most likely come from the bench. If the match is tight the manager might decide to throw on more strikers - and that's where I could come into it. It would be incredible if we reached the knockout stages. It would be one of the best stories in World Cup history. While there's still a chance we will keep believing - what else do you expect when you have someone like Marvin Andrews in your squad!

A lot of mathematics are involved but we just have to concentrate on getting the three points against Paraguay. If we keep too much of an eye on Sweden's game with England it will put us off. After our clash with the Swedes everyone realised what Trinidad and Tobago were about. We proved we were a good team and not just whipping boys. If someone had said to us before a ball was kicked that we'd be in with a chance of the knockout stages going into the final game we'd have taken it. 

Having got this far we now have to seize the moment.

Scottish Sunday Mail

Offline cascabel

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Thread for the T&T vs Paraguay game.
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2006, 05:42:11 AM »
"One of the problems with Trinidad was that they were very organised and were prepared to sit back. If you don't move the ball quick enough against teams like that then it is very hard to break them down.   Our English game is about moving the ball fast and playing with the extra speed that we play with in our home league so maybe we can do that a bit more in our upcoming games."

- Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard

Offline WarriorGoal

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2006, 07:07:00 AM »
The best thing about this experience which everyone agrees with is that people take TnT seriously now in football stakes. I no doubt we'll win against Paraguay but i have no faith in England beating Sweden. :(
Soca Warriors only score Warrior goals!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2006, 11:55:58 AM »
We cyar underestimate Paraguay though. watch for Valdez!!! This Paraguay side have soem attacking pace. We have to play smart and have we midfielders really cloging up the middle.

Offline GyurlTrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace Profile
Hislop
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2006, 12:23:45 PM »
is #3 leadin player in d world for saves according to http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/worldcup/2006/stats/
Luv Kat

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2006, 01:52:54 PM »
Dis game will be just as hard as the others, so we cant underestimate Paraguay or feel it will be easier because they already knocked out.

Truth be known, in my opinion, we need to have a pacy attack, with two strikers. I am not a fan of Kenwyne Jones, as I think he reacts a lil to lethargic for this level. Stern is our no. 1 and I think Beenhakker will start with him. But it may not hurt if we start with someone else. Just an opinion!But we dont need to go all gunz blazing, or we'll get cut to shreds on the counter attack. (Paraguay are a decent side)

Just play disciplined but direct. And Carlos Edwards need to be sharper with his crosses. He had a chance against England which he wasted!

As for Latapy, dont start him, but bring him on if we need him. The thing is,

1. As much as he is skillful, he's 37 and he holds onto the ball a lil bit to long. So that can become a liability.

2. He doesnt have the legs to run 90mins. Let him be a 20-30 min off da bench impact player.

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2006, 02:21:33 PM »
we going all the way

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2006, 04:03:37 PM »
Allyuh doh underestimate Paraguay eh!!

Dem like dey doing exactly wha i expected....dem eh want to go home disgraced. We hadda be the first team in this group to score more than 1 on them.....every chance hadda get finish.
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/060616/7/7ppc.html

And in related news.....sven like expected like he putting on a charity xi fuh sweden. STEUPSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/060618/1/7s7u.html
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Rymizx

• Full Warrior
  • It's a small world ! - No Really...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2006, 06:28:38 PM »
Is it too far fetched to see us putting 4 on Paraguay??

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2006, 07:46:05 PM »
We cyar underestimate Paraguay though. watch for Valdez!!! This Paraguay side have soem attacking pace. We have to play smart and have we midfielders really cloging up the middle.

We not in a position to underestimate ANYBODY.

The cold hard facts are we have played 2 matches and scored no goals.  We have generated a maximum of 3 GOOD chances in the 2 matches thus far.

WE are the underdogs in this game.  And it seems as if we play better as underdogs.  Let other teams underestimate us.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2006, 07:50:18 PM »
My startin line up

_______________________________Shaka___________________________________________

Carlos Edwards_________________Sancho________Tallest____________________Avery

Whitley_______________________Birchall___________Yorke________________Samuel

____________________________Stern______________Jones__________________

2nd half subs.....Glen, Latas, Wise
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Offensive starting line-up vs. Paraguay
« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2006, 08:28:14 PM »
Dawning our white uniform on Tuesday, we cant sit back and  play that defensive scheme with needing more than a 2 goal difference to help advance to the second round.  Paraguay is also a defensive team that has no reason to play their hearts out and will be playing some bench player just to give them a shine in glory. So i introduce my tnt offensive starting line-up.

S. John  C. Glenn
E. Wise  R. Latapy   C. Birchall   D. Yorke
A. John D. Lawrence B. Sancho C. Edwards
                  S. Hislop

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2006, 08:47:56 PM »
Palos,
I agree with you 100% ; we need to be playing like we backs always aganist the wall.PRESSURE BALL.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2006, 09:02:12 PM »
My startin line up

_______________________________Shaka___________________________________________

Carlos Edwards_________________Sancho________Tallest____________________Avery

Whitley_______________________Birchall___________Yorke________________Samuel

____________________________Stern______________Jones__________________

2nd half subs.....Glen, Latas, Wise

i agree with this team but i feel if andrews is fit he should play and sancho move to right back so carlos could play midfield where he is more effective...that would mean whitley playing on the left and samuel on the bench....if we need more offense bring on gle, samuel and latapy.

another option is to start with latas at the beginning and play him just behind stern and leave jones on de bench.

latas is the most creative player..i agree with beenhakker concept about being organized, containing the opposition and solid defence but with that approach we do not create a lot of chances...and we all know stern need to miss 5 chances b4 he score and right now he getting about 2 chances ah game...so latas need to create aboout 10 chances for stern so he could score 2 goals.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2006, 09:19:26 PM »
ah feel de "secret weapon" should get a sweat in this game. what allyuh think?
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Offensive starting line-up vs. Paraguay
« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2006, 10:51:09 PM »
paraguay stated that they are playing their best team, because they still want a win from the WC to leave with their heads high

nevertheless i suggest

S. John  C. Glenn
E. Wise  . Birchall   D. Yorke  Latapy
A. John D. Lawrence B. Sancho C. Edwards
                  S. Hislop

withley to come on as well as scotland, maybe samuel
theo can warm the bench whole game or carry the team towels

edwards and latapy with yorke geez talk bout man getting tun up on the wing

1]; } ?>