April 28, 2024, 09:14:53 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Paraguay game.  (Read 88472 times)

Offline Trini Babe

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Paraguay game.
« Reply #240 on: June 20, 2006, 11:23:46 AM »
Attack and defend Warriors. Live up to your name. We want a win.

We moving to the 2nd rounds. Sweden make room...... T&T Soca Warriors coming. Get out of the way.

Have faith guys England not going to lose this match. I know their coach resting the guys with yellow cards but its the World Cup and the subs going to perform. Sweden losing they not even getting a draw.   

Wayne Rooney we want GOAL.

T&T Soca Warriors 2 Paraguay 0
The Impossible becomes the possible.
If you can dream it you can live it!

Offline UD Trini

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Final eleven just called on I95
« Reply #241 on: June 20, 2006, 11:25:08 AM »
The I95 link is http://www.i955fm.com/. They have regular reports from Andre and should have a WC program starting at 2.00.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SOCA WARRIORS 4EVA!!!!!!!!
« Reply #242 on: June 20, 2006, 11:27:27 AM »
best of luck to the warriors!!!
ah prayin.. hopin.. beggin.. england to beat sweden.. probably d only time ah supportin dem!!
i have all d faith in d world dat.. sancho.. latas.. and d res ah d boys will do us  proud once again!!
paraguay goin to see red white and black when d boys done wit dem
i predict a 3-0 victory

That is the scoreline we need, it will eliiminate any question of goal differential if england does the required...

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 20, 2006, 11:27:55 AM »
Jack in goal  ???  theobald in midfield  ::)  Well beenie just cost we the 2nd rounds  :'(

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 20, 2006, 11:29:25 AM »
I like meh boy Theobold his workrate and defensive pressure is good.

Its a feature in his game that does not show up on TV....

But we need offensive pressure in this game, we need guys who can spread the field and get Stern into scoring positions....

Theo I like you as a player but you should not be starting today!

Hopefully yuh prove Beenie right, like how Stern prove him right in Qualifying. Peace

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 20, 2006, 11:30:56 AM »
samuel was not that impressive in the  sweden game
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 20, 2006, 11:31:39 AM »
Jack in goal ??? theobald in midfield ::) Well beenie just cost we the 2nd rounds :'(
why yuh hadda go and say sh*t like dat???
I thought samuel would be the better option, this is a versatile line up... i like it...
avery and carlos can operate on the wings but i would have preferred samuel, i tink he would not onlly be a threat offensively but he would be more effective as cover for avery in my opinion.. latas not starting is not the end of the world ppl...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 20, 2006, 11:33:13 AM »
Jack in goal  ???  theobald in midfield  ::)  Well beenie just cost we the 2nd rounds  :'(

Expected better from u bro.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Trinimac

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 20, 2006, 11:33:40 AM »
Have faith in Bennie. It's a surprise that so many people are still questioning Bennie after he have proven himself!

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 20, 2006, 11:34:06 AM »
Why, because king Beenie sub him?

BS, Samuel played as good a game as anyone in the midfield against Sweden, I am still confused as to why he was subbed.

I starting to get real fedup with Beenhakker!

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 20, 2006, 11:34:14 AM »
The I95 link is http://www.i955fm.com/. They have regular reports from Andre and should have a WC program starting at 2.00.

Thanks UD :beermug:

Why he put Jack back in goal ??? Ah really hope Beenie know what he doing!!

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 20, 2006, 11:34:36 AM »
Breaking news: SHAKA is not starting!

Well, I really hope we win and win big! But, I doh tink I cud watch dis game.

Offline Trinimac

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 20, 2006, 11:35:25 AM »
Bennie know what he is doing! I am all the way with him. Screw alyuh

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 20, 2006, 11:36:13 AM »
Why, because king Beenie sub him?

BS, Samuel played as good a game as anyone in the midfield against Sweden, I am still confused as to why he was subbed.

that is my general impression of how he played leo have nothing to do with that .
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 20, 2006, 11:36:32 AM »
Ah take back what ah said before about hoping beenie know what he doing!!!! If de man didn't know we wouldn't be there today!!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 20, 2006, 11:37:01 AM »

You would prefer Alvin or Bertille?  How bout Stuartie, Hannibal, Jamal or Gally?  That would satisfy you?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Trinimac

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 20, 2006, 11:39:01 AM »
Latapy is an old man and should not play

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 20, 2006, 11:39:32 AM »

Expected better from u bro.

expected better from our coach

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 20, 2006, 11:41:58 AM »
look at these ppl, starting to turn on beenhakker jus like men turn on stern, steups...
do you know what happened in training???
do you see what beenhakker sees??
no...beehakker picked the team he expects to give us the result we need...
let us share his faith at least....

Offline cascabel

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Thread for the T&T vs Paraguay game.
« Reply #259 on: June 20, 2006, 11:42:25 AM »
Breaking news: SHAKA is not starting!

Well, I really hope we win and win big! But, I doh tink I cud watch dis game.

It's lunchtime and I have such a nerves' lump in my stomach, I can't even think of food.    I agree, they need to attack early and score repeatedly then sit back and defend for dear life.    This is shaping up to be the most anticipated Group H match, according to the FIFA site.

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 20, 2006, 11:43:05 AM »
Yow  All yuh men SIMMER down lil bit............Now is not the time to cry down the team and the COACh

LET WE rally ROUND THE TEAMMMMMMMMMMM

Beenie I trust YOu and Warriors I dey wid you once you wearing the jersye i WITH u.......150%

:beermug:

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 20, 2006, 11:45:39 AM »
I am more comfortable with Shaka but Beenie is the man. I feel we will see Latas still

HAVE FAITH IN DON LEO AND WE WILL BE OK

Offline goodfootball171267

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 20, 2006, 11:45:53 AM »
Some men does just stress for stressing sake ... ah sure it had plenty ppl stressing when Shaka start against sweden.  Relax and let us keep our fingers crossed for a positive result.  Game aint start yet and men criticising ...

Besides, how allyuh know exactly what happening with the members of the squad ... like injuries etc.  STEUPS!

Offline trinfax

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 20, 2006, 11:46:31 AM »
I95 just reported the starting eleven. According to Andre Baptiste, it is Jack, Lawrence, John, Edwards and Sancho. Midfield is Birchall, Yorke, Whitley and Theoball. Up front is Glen and Stern.

Might just be me buy i eh buying dat line up

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 20, 2006, 11:48:01 AM »
Whayuhsay look ah article fuh you

Latas' last hurrah

Lasana Liburd

Rumour says Russell Latapy carries such a long face to the Trinidad and Tobago football team's training sessions these days that he is danger of kicking his own chin.

One of Trinidad and Tobago's all-time most gifted players, Latapy does not see himself as a fringe player, even at 37 years of age.

Few who followed Latapy's career from his emergence as teenage prodigy in the mid-1980s would disagree.

But then the "Soca Warriors" outfit has so captivated their own population that surely everyone with a Trinidad and Tobago passport-me included-can see himself on a field in Germany. There are several reasons for this sudden urge to lace up football boots. But the most prominent must be the distinct blue-collar qualities that coach Leo Beenhakker's boys have shown.

Who would imagine that our twin-island republic would fall in love with 11 players embodying the passion of defender Marvin Andrews rather than the mesmerizing skills of a Latapy or Evans Wise?

And why is that?

It is because Trinidad and Tobago's football public is slowly evolving from patrons to supporters; from persons seeking out entertainment to people craving success. First, Beenhakker changed the minds of his players. Now, he seems to be transforming the very psyche of the nation.

Anyone seen a letter that begged for the return of talented yet moody players like Arnold Dwarika or Kerwin Jemmott lately?

Nope. T&T are happy to grind out a goalless draw now rather than coo over a thrilling 4-2 defeat.

Perhaps we can finally understand why Italians rave about bulldog Gennaro Gattuso, England adore John Terry and the Czech Republic care more for Jan Koller than the elegant Tomas Rosicky. And why news of Cyd Gray's injury fills us with dread whereas the CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh defender was, not so long ago, considered a comic figure in his homeland.

Ah, to remember those moments against England. Bodies flung in the path of Steven Gerrard's thunderbolts, Densill Theobald sacrificing his own attacking instincts to effectively watchman David Beckham-while the England captain played at right midfield, at least-and Stern John bravely taking a physical bashing from Terry and Rio Ferdinand for his country's pride.

Deep down, we feel, if placed in that position, we would do the same. The Warriors who braved the elements in our two World Cup fixtures thus far, represented each fan for whom desire exceeds ability. Even Yorke traded stylish flicks and poses and tackled and closed down opponents more than anyone else in red, black and white strip. It was a triumph of pragmatism over panache.

Somehow, it is hard to believe that Latapy saw it the same way. He did not want to go on to the field to chase after Sweden's Freddie Ljunberg or England's Joe Cole; he wanted to pick the lock to their backdoor or to upstage their midfield general.

At present, Latapy is T&T's sole genuine "number 10" or playmaker and we cherish the fact that he is different to anyone else in the squad.

Truth be told, we would have it no other way. But using Latapy against either Sweden or England, considering the circumstances of those fixtures, would be akin to ordering champagne on a beer budget.

At Dortmund, the Warriors were a player short and Beenhakker opted for a runner-Cornell Glen-to give an outlet for long punts out of defence as well as to keep Sweden from pushing forward with abandon.

In Nuremberg, Beenhakker dared not take off either Aurtis Whitley or Chris Birchall who were keeping tabs on England's attack minded central midfield partnership of Gerrard and Frank Lampard, while Yorke was imperious in the free role. The captain does not possess Latapy's superb final pass but his more all-round qualities are a big bonus.

It is nice to have a sip of champagne whenever possible but Beenhakker is budgeting for a place in the second round.

Latapy, at 37, is at his best when T&T have a lead to protect or is able to force opponents backwards like against Bahrain or Iceland. Or perhaps against a team that does not bomb forward through the centre of the park like England.

T&T owe Latapy a high debt for nearly two decades of enchanting moments on the field. But the Falkirk player and ex-Porto star is not in Germany as a sympathetic gesture. He is there to help get his country results.

And, more likely than not, he will get his chance to do so today.

Paraguay might also be a stronger team but the onus now lies with the Warriors to dictate the terms of war. T&T must open the South American defence at least once today in Kaiserslautern.

For that reason, Beenhakker must get the most out of his diminutive number 10-albeit off the substitutes' bench to maximise his fading fitness.

We have weathered the worst of the storm. Trinidad and Tobago now needs an admiral not a labourer to navigate a path into the final 16.

A place in the knock out phase of the World Cup would be a first for any Caribbean nation. It is time for Beenhakker to bring out the champagne. The likes of Brent Sancho and Carlos Edwards have taken us this far. Only Latapy's quality can get us further.

Every performer knows that timing is crucial. It is time for our number 10 to shine.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 20, 2006, 11:53:25 AM »

what you mean by cost we ? you acting like if  we will sure advance  with a win, sweden just need to draw to advance. steeps

sammy rip in the iceland and peru game. thats it.

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 20, 2006, 12:00:42 PM »

Offline whistler91

• Full Warrior
  • Love, Respect, Honor
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 20, 2006, 12:10:23 PM »
Jack, Theobald  ??? ??? ???

Anyways yes, I is not d coach....beenie mus be know what he doing?
“There is no force like success, and that is why the individual makes all effort to surround himself throughout life with the evidence of it; as of the individual, so should it be of the nation.”

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 20, 2006, 12:15:50 PM »
after Beenie prove us wrong with cyd gray, i will give him the benefit of the doubt..it would be a big surprsie to me if Latas don't come on as a sub..i dont understand the selection of theobald and jack but i am not de coach and i am not at the training sessions so i just have to wait and see what happens.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #269 on: June 20, 2006, 12:17:37 PM »
i sure 90% of the people here never expected us to be in this position where our last group game actually had an implication as to whether we could get to the 2nd rounds.

it go be real hard to swallow..but i go take a win for we and a England-Sweden draw
anything better than that go be real sweet.
the important thing is that we win.

like allyuh ent realize like the international press and other managers done right we off or they playing ignorant bout our chances of progressing

GO WARRIORS!!!
GO 3 LIONS!!!
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

1]; } ?>