April 30, 2024, 09:18:11 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Paraguay game.  (Read 88716 times)

Offline trini_chris

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Paraguay game.
« Reply #450 on: June 20, 2006, 04:08:41 PM »
i am disappointed but the SOCA WARRIORS played good football. i luv u guys and i know that the world has not seen the last of the WARRIOR SPIRIT. 2010 look out- d warriors comin bigger and better than ever
d original WARRIOR PRINCESS. win or lose i am a FIGHTER.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 20, 2006, 04:08:59 PM »
Blessed, Trinidad and Tobago you did us proud.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 20, 2006, 06:03:01 PM »
Thank you warriors, yuh made us very proud. Yuh showed de world, dat yiuh can compete with de best teams. Tuh all de m./';'a f[-=/.s dat say de general too old, yuh see de difference when Latas came on. Latas could still contribute a good 30-35 mins, fuh ah couple more years tuh come, if he choose to. Dis man wid ah make ah difference vs England, ah just will never understand why Beenie never used him, ah still >:(  with de coach fuh dat. All de best tuh de players, and ah hope dey all get good contracts, so dat dey can have ah better life fuh themselves and their family. Bless warriors, and Latapy yuh will surely be missed.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 07:09:59 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 20, 2006, 06:50:59 PM »
My trip to Germany and the ride along the way was defintely worth every penny.

Soca Warriors.... Win lose or Draw, I backing 1000%...

Offline cascabel

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Thread for the T&T vs Paraguay game.
« Reply #454 on: June 20, 2006, 08:10:10 PM »
i am disappointed but the SOCA WARRIORS played good football. i luv u guys and i know that the world has not seen the last of the WARRIOR SPIRIT. 2010 look out- d warriors comin bigger and better than ever

My sentiments exactly.    They played well, they made the country proud so why dwell on what could have been?   Let it go and think about all the good that will come of this exposure:  the young and coming now have proof that their hard work and dedication can take them to the WC; the ones that are here now can learn from the ones that are returning and the ones that are coming back have a wealth of experience to coach, to guide, to support, to encourage.   Only good vibes, people, only good vibes....   8)

Offline morgz

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 20, 2006, 09:49:02 PM »
ah proud ah every last one of the fellas because regardless of the outcome they all played with a lot of heart and for that  :beermug:

I'll admit i wasn't always pleased with Theobald's game buh check the replay who was the man that clear the ball of the line ah believe each player had they good and they bad moments after all there still human

fellas your effort and hard work is appreciated and will be remembered for years to come :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Lil Jodie P

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 20, 2006, 09:56:02 PM »
i just want to say...with all the love in my heart...that i am more than proud of the socawarriors! the boys played excellent football. they made a small country very proud. they united us and we showed how much passion we have as a people! so what...we did not make it to the next round...but WE MADE IT TO THE FINALS!.....WE WERE IN GERMANY AND WE MADE THE WORLD CUP! so thank you guys....i supported you all the way...the way you have made me feel can never be explained! dont worry now they know that a small country can have real big passion and we out for dem next 4 years for sure!

much love...Mrs.Q
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 10:25:24 PM by palos »
FOREVER AND ALWAYS "Little Jodie P" :)

Offline michimausi

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #457 on: June 21, 2006, 12:35:48 AM »
Like I said before...the Soca Warriors are my World Cup champions, no matter what!!!  They don't need a trophy in order to be a winner...  So what, they didn't win against Paraguay, but I know for sure that they are THE winners of the hearts over here in Germany.  Yesterday before the game, the city of Kaiserslautern (not only on the fan mile) was RED, WHITE & BLACK!!!  :)  I will still be waving the same flag every time I go visit the fan mile.  I also have a few pictures from yesterday, before the game...if I have time I will post them soon...
Take care of your boys when they come home and give them the warmest welcome you can possibly give.  They deserve it!!!

michimausi
“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”

Offline croc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 21, 2006, 02:11:40 AM »
Thanks Warriors yuh played well beyond your expectations  and I am very proud of you. I am now looking towards 2010.....you will be wiser from this experience.Give them a BIG WELCOME T&T ..they deserve it. Now all ah got left is the SOCCEROOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Cheers.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
Not Seasonal!
« Reply #459 on: June 21, 2006, 07:54:13 AM »
Do you all believe that in order to keep our football up to standard should it be still be called football season in Trinidad? I was just thinking really hard of what can our country do in order to keep the football alive in Trinidad because believe it or not it will have alot to do with us making it to the upcoming World Cups events. I remember when I lived back there we had cricket season and football season but if we're to continure to make an impact to this game... shouldn't we be playing the game 12 months per year in the schools, professionally and for recreation. What do you think?
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 21, 2006, 12:56:06 PM »

I'm from Kaiserslautern, Germany (where you will be playing against Paraguay today) and I wish the Soca Warriows ALL THE BEST!!! You are my winners no matter what!!! :)

Best Wishes from Germany,

michimausi

:'( :devil:

Offline saucy

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Soca Warriors performane against Paraguay
« Reply #461 on: June 23, 2006, 02:05:14 PM »
I would be very honest in this match we did not played up to mark in the first half. I think they had a little cold feet. But nevertheless they played great in the next 45 mins. I am very proud of them and we really showed the world that we are able to compete against the big boy comfortable and for that i think we deserve a round of applause.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
Re: Soca Warriors performane against Paraguay
« Reply #462 on: June 23, 2006, 02:27:20 PM »
While I thought the first half went a little flat we had a couple great free kick opportunities in the first 10-15 minutes. Latas would have been perfect in those dead ball situations.

Kenwayne had a rocket of a shot when he came on to take the free kick and guess who deflected it away from the goal. I watched it over and over, the camera was behind the goal and the shot beat the wall and was skimming the grass only to be deflected by Stern

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 23, 2006, 03:35:23 PM »
While I thought the first half went a little flat we had a couple great free kick opportunities in the first 10-15 minutes. Latas would have been perfect in those dead ball situations.

Kenwayne had a rocket of a shot when he came on to take the free kick and guess who deflected it away from the goal. I watched it over and over, the camera was behind the goal and the shot beat the wall and was skimming the grass only to be deflected by Stern

One of the few criticisms I had was other than the free kick that Kenwyne took....I think Yorke took every free kick and corner in this tournament.  To me...that is a waste because Yorke also happens to be the best header of the ball.  Prior to this "phenomenon"....Birchall used to take several dead balls.  By having Yorke take all the free kicks, you also remove a potential offensive threat.  This been going on a long time now with several coaches.

Latas used to take every signle free kick back in the day.  Under Simoes, Dwarike used to do the same.  Now Yorke doin that.  At least mix it up a little nah.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 03:38:16 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 23, 2006, 07:45:50 PM »

One of the few criticisms I had was other than the free kick that Kenwyne took....I think Yorke took every free kick and corner in this tournament.  To me...that is a waste because Yorke also happens to be the best header of the ball.  Prior to this "phenomenon"....Birchall used to take several dead balls.  By having Yorke take all the free kicks, you also remove a potential offensive threat.  This been going on a long time now with several coaches.

Latas used to take every signle free kick back in the day.  Under Simoes, Dwarike used to do the same.  Now Yorke doin that.  At least mix it up a little nah.

Agreed. I think Yorke should be at the end of dem free kicks, not behind it. His header ability is still there for sure - he scored goals for Sydney from headers. Sometimes I does wonder if he himself don't believe he is the best header in the team. Only explanation for this I can remember is during the playoffs he said as captain he felt it was his responsibility to take iniative in corners and free kicks and lead the team like that...since then he always taking the set plays. But yeah - mix it up a little. Avery John's aerial passing has gotten much better, and Birchall is good enough as well.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline shivadee

• Full Warrior
  • There is only ONE number 7. And its worn in Trini
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: June 24, 2006, 11:14:56 AM »
Although up unti that match i agreed on their formation, i dont understand why the team played like that in the first half. Nervous, tired.....not accustomed to the formation i dunno. They launch fire in Para tail in second half though...very proud of them..they fight right down to the end.

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 24, 2006, 11:31:33 AM »
Agreed that the first half performance was poor. At least in the second half we should that we could compete against South American opposition. Remember, Paraguay qualify ahead of teams like Chile, Colombia and Uruguay. Overall, the guys did as well as could have been expected and lets hope it is not a one-off experience and we are there again in 4 years time.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

1]; } ?>